Butterfly Cakes Reviews

13 | Burlingame, CA

13 Reviews for Butterfly Cakes

Teresa · Married on 09/24/2011

Loved it! Not only beautiful, really yummy

• Gina

Gina · Married on 08/13/2011

Sonya at Butterfly cakes was amazing. I came in with a million different ideas and she helped me sort through my scattered brain and came up with an amazing design. She is extremely creative and that shows through with her cakes. She also created a grooms cake for us that turned out adorable and perfect for my hunter husband!
    Not only are her cakes beautiful, they are extremely tasty too! We had a chocolate cake and a red velvet cake and they were both amazing. Not your typical wedding cake!
    Thank you Sonya for everything. We loved our cake and we appreciate it!

• kate from San Jose

KATE · Married on 05/22/2010

Ahhhh...The most beautiful wedding cakes in the Bay Area ~ Sonya is a goddess! Our wedding cake was made of sugar-lace...it was otherworldly, not over-the-top, just tasteful and elegant. It had it's own room at Villa Montalvo, the "cake room", and it deserved it ...it was BREATHTAKING! It could not have been better and it just melted in your mouth. Thank goodness my husband and I saved a little....we got to taste it again and it took us back "there" ~ . heaven .

Patricia · Married on 04/06/2010

We served our guests with the cakes from Butterfly Cakes. We ordered 7 flavors of cakes and those were so delicious and suits everyone's taste. The cakes from Butterfly Cakes not only has a good taste, but also a good look. When it was brought into venu, everyone's attention was drawn to the cakes. Everyone gave so many compliments about it that I was rest assured that we made the best choice. Their delivery was fast and the cakes were intact. I'll order more in the future.

Bianca · Married on 09/26/2009

Our wedding venue gave us the option of 4 different bakeries to choose from and my husband and I tried each place and quickly agreed that Butterfly Cakes was our favorite. My husband knew that he wanted red velvet cake as one of our layers and I knew I wanted vanilla or lemon for the other. When we walked into the bakery, the owner had us look at pictures of various cakes that she had done and we showed her which ones we liked and why. From what we said, she was able to draw a picture of a cake that encompassed everything we liked about those cakes - it was amazing! After tasting the cakes, we decided on red velvet with cream cheese frosting and vanilla with strawberry filling. The cake looked beautiful and two months after our wedding people still ask who made our cake and want to order one for themselves!

• Lyn

Carolyn · Married on 08/29/2009

Our wedding cake was not only beautiful, but was so delicious! We selected two flavors -- vanilla with strawberry and red velvet cake. Both tasted great, but the red velvet was by far THE BEST! Day after our wedding, we ate the top tier of our cake. We were craving for the red velevet cake and couldn't wait for a whole year :)

Thanks to Sonya Hong for making our beautiful and delicious cake. And thanks for making the process so easy for us.

• F

Debra · Married on 10/18/2008

Butterfly Cakes made our wedding cake, and it was not only very delicious, but very beautiful, as well! We met with Sonya, the owner, and discussed the design and flavors. She presented us with a sketch that was exactly what we envisioned. The cake was absolutely stunning, so elegant and beautiful. The sugar flowers that were on the cake were so detailed and looked so real. The two flavors we chose were white cake with raspberry & whipped cream and chocolate cake with chocolate mouse and whipped cream. Everyone was talking about how delicious and tasty our cake was. Sonya and her team are really, really good at what they do! We hope to enjoy another Butterfly Cake someday!

Danielle · Married on 11/20/2011

Looking for a cake that looks elegant and tastes great too? That is exactly what we wanted -- and something to fit our budget! Sonya at Butterfly Cakes created a beautiful, simple three tiered cake for us with minimal decoration. It was perfect. And the best part? It tasted amazing - moist, rich and fresh. This was an easy decision after trying other vendors' cakes that tasted like cardboard. Would definitely recommend Sonya!

Jessica · Married on 07/19/2005

Sonya is wonderful! Very pleasant to work with and very creative. The finished results were flawless!!

Megan · Married on 06/05/2010

We wanted to incorporate the theme from our wedding invitation as the design of the cake. Sonya was able to create a unique cake for us based on our invitation that was stunning! She also made beautiful flowers to decorate the cake and worked with our florist to make the cake table perfect.
    We had two flavors: a strawberry shortcake which was amazing and a chocolate raspberry which was not quite as good as the strawberry filling with a white cake.
    We found Butterfly cakes to be more reasonably priced than other similar quality bakers in the San Fransisco area.

Jaime · Married on 04/19/2008

We had our wedding at Palo Alto Hills Country Club and the price of the package included a cake from 3 places. (Jen's Cakes, Sugar Butter Flour and Butterfly) We decided to taste at all 3.

Butterfly was the most professional and definitely our top choice. They had a store front in Burlingame where we met Sonya. I wanted to design the cake with my wedding dress in mind, so she looked at the photo and sketched the cake. I sent her a sample of the pink & ivory colors that were in my dress and she matched them perfectly with the fondant.

The cake was gorgeous and very tasty! We went with 2 flavors and didn't pay extra. One layer was vanilla cake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream filling, while the other was chocolate cake with raspberry and chocolate mousse filling. I only wish I had more time at my reception to have MORE cake.

I am planning on ordering a cake from them for our one year anniversary.

Manuel · Married on 02/04/2006

Made a beautiful and wonderful cake. My wife loved it.

Alison · Married on 10/20/2007

3.5
      3.0

This is literally the best wedding cake I have ever tasted, and it looked amazing as well. The only part that lacked was the tasting. We were unable to taste more than 2 (frozen) flavors, and we had to blindly select our flavors from the list, and hope that they would be good (which they were).