Buttercream Wedding Cakes Reviews

Buttercream Wedding Cakes 4
Buttercream Wedding Cakes 5

Danielle Jensen · Getting married on 06/04/2020

Excellent Cakes

We had our cake tasting last month. They supplied 8 different flavored pieces of cake to try. Every piece was amazing. We picked chocolate mousse for our wedding. I know our guests will be very impressed with this cake company!

Sent on 04/15/2019
  • KIMBERLY

KIMBERLY ERICKSON · Married on 07/20/2019

Our Desserts Buffet dreams came true!!

Buttercream
    Our desserts buffet for wedding day was flawless AND delicious! Reasonably priced and easy to work with! The pictures look like they are stolen from a wedding magazine! We wanted a large buffet with nearly every mini dessert that Buttercream has to offer! We are not sorry that we got WAY too many desserts (we got to take the leftovers home and shared with family and our DJ!) as we did that on purpose! Biggest complaint I have with most weddings we attend is that there is never enough cake or sweets! Well our guests had more than enough for any palette! Everyone enjoyed something! Our cake was strawberry alaritz and was phenomenal! Although we didn’t get to take it with us since there was no box left for us to put it in, we still got to enjoy every moment of our cake cutting and eating! We rented the rhinestone stands as well – they were beautiful and perfect for all 300 of our desserts! We were able to return the stands to Buttercream a few days later – nice and convenient! We plan to order a cake with our flavor one day soon as we really loved it! I especially enjoyed the fruit tarts, peanut butter cake pops, chocolate strawberries and all the flavors of bundt cake! The husband adored the super thick and rich brownie pops!! Thank you Buttercream! You were wonderful and we all loved and enjoyed every last bite!!!!

Buttercream Wedding Cakes 6
    Buttercream Wedding Cakes 7
    Buttercream Wedding Cakes 8
    Buttercream Wedding Cakes 9
    Sent on 08/13/2019

Colleen T · Married on 07/06/2019

Delicious cakes!

We went with lemon strawberry and chocolate baileys cakes for our wedding, and I can still taste the flavors in my mouth. Buttercream was easy to work with from overseas and coordinated seamlessly with my florist to add matching flowers to the cake. Tasty and beautiful!

Sent on 08/06/2019
  • Jenny

Jenny · Married on 06/08/2019

So very Yumm!

They had tons of displays for decoration options! We got to try all sorts of flavors. We got to pick two different flavors for our cake! We got beautiful ribbon on our cake, but when we went to cut it at our reception it kind of pulled the whole cake open - it was so funny! Just an FYI that the ribbon can be tricky! But we had so much fun and it was so tasty!

Buttercream Wedding Cakes 10
    Sent on 06/28/2019

Marisa Papsin · Married on 05/10/2019

Buttercream Cakes!

I highly recommend Buttercream Cakes to any bride looking for the best cakes in Minnesota. They have won countless awards for their design and cake flavors. The baker can customize any cake for you, and the cake flavors are simply devine. -Marisa

Sent on 10/08/2019

B Tomfohrde · Married on 04/06/2019

Mother of bride

The cake was beautiful and delicious. It was NOT too sweet! They worked with our venue and florist, to provide a seamless experience.
    Very happy!

Sent on 04/09/2019

Kim and Brad St. Mane · Married on 02/17/2019

Best cake every!

We had hired Buttercream to make the cake for a party we threw for my parents 50th wedding anniversary a few years ago. We loved the cake so much, there was just never even a question about using another vendor to make the cake for our wedding! We sampled 6 other places when searching for the right cake for my parent’s party. No other place even comes close to Buttercream and we were just as happy with our cake for our wedding. Buttercream has hands down the best wedding cake I have ever had in my life.

Buttercream Wedding Cakes 11
    Buttercream Wedding Cakes 12
    Buttercream Wedding Cakes 13
    Buttercream Wedding Cakes 14
    Buttercream Wedding Cakes 15
    Sent on 03/03/2019
  • Alicia

Alicia · Married on 10/05/2018

The cake was delicious and we showed them a picture of what we wanted and they did a great job! The flavors or the cakes were great too!

Buttercream Wedding Cakes 16
    Buttercream Wedding Cakes 17
    Buttercream Wedding Cakes 18
    Sent on 10/08/2018

Briana · Married on 09/01/2018

Buttercream made an amazing cake for me! I'm not big on traditional buttercream frosting, so they made an amazing chocolate ganache cake with a delicious strawberry filling (with real strawberries!). Everyone was raving about the cake, and multiple people told me they took two pieces. Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/13/2018

Kirsten · Married on 04/28/2018

We opted to use Buttercream because it was the preferred vendor for our venue and we are SOOO glad we did! They were great to work with - the team was super helpful and knowledgable, and everyone loved the cake! Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/09/2018

Allison · Married on 11/04/2017

For two people that don't like cake (my groom and I), we were BLOWN AWAY! The cake was delicious, and the cake tasting appointment was very enjoyable! We decided on a Baileys Irish Cream and Raspberry White Chocolate layered cake. It turned out beautifully!

Sent on 11/16/2017

Amber · Married on 11/04/2017

We chose buttercream for our wedding cake through our reception venue as a preferred vendor, and we were wowed! They were very reasonably priced and it tasted amazing, cake was a huge hit at our wedding!

Sent on 11/18/2017

Amy · Married on 09/03/2017

You truly can't go wrong with a Buttercream cake! We had a small wedding (70 people) and did a beautiful 2-tier cake - 1 tier of turtle and 1 of carrot cake. It was so incredibly delicious - all of our guests raved about it! Can't wait to have our 1-year anniversary cake (which they kindly include in the overall cost).

Sent on 09/30/2017

Angie · Married on 08/05/2017

We called and got an appointment within a week of requesting it. When we had our tasting we were amazed at the options and flavors! We went with a birch tree look and that is what I designed our wedding around! Our wedding day when the cake arrived we were so happy! It looked exactly how we had wanted and were promised, it was BEAUTIFUL and DELICIOUS!! We had so many compliments on our cake as well! They also give you a free cake on your 1 year anniversary so you don't have to freeze the top! We will definitely use them again!

Sent on 08/24/2017
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 07/08/2017

I love their cakes and the fresh, thoughtful, and healthier ingredients that they use. NO lard, no shortening, no dies, and never grozen- fantastic. I'm excited to have a wedding cake that my guest will actually want to eat.

Sent on 11/06/2016

Katy · Married on 06/16/2017

Loved loved LOVED our cake! We did cupcakes and a cutting cake. It was delicious, and so charming! Our guests raved about the flavors. We had 4 different kinds of cupcakes!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Lindsay · Married on 05/27/2017

David at Buttercream was an amazing person to work with for my wedding cake!! We ordered a gluten free wedding cake from them and I and my husband thought it was just as tasty as the regular wedding cake (and he is not gluten free, btw). David was great to work with and our cake looked incredibly beautiful. Thank you!!

Sent on 06/18/2017

Amanda · Married on 05/20/2017

Our cake was delicious and beautiful! We went with two flavors (lemon cake with raspberry filling and "marble" cake with raspberry cream filling). Our guests raved about it! Would definitely recommend Buttercream.

Sent on 06/17/2017

Alicia · Married on 05/06/2017

Buttercream has amazing cakes! Everyone was so impressed with my cake they were talking about it weeks after the wedding.

Sent on 07/20/2017
  • Meaghan

Meaghan · Married on 01/21/2017

LOVED the cake, so delicious....had lots of compliments! We ended up using back up cakes/cake that was pre cut and served on a dish already....we opted to not do a cake cutting and we saved a lot of money by doing this. Buttercream is VERY good especially if you are just looking for some really good cake! I'd recommend doing a tasting as well--go hungry! ;-)

Sent on 02/06/2017

Alex · Married on 12/31/2016

It's not hard to see why Buttercream is a wedding cake vendor of choice in the Twin Cities. Their cakes are beautiful and taste amazing! My husband doesn't like cake or frosting, and originally wanted to look at alternative dessert options. After visiting buttercream - he obliged to a traditional wedding cake! We loved our flavors - Neapolitan and Bailey's Irish Cream - and so did our guests! We also appreciated their portion sizing. It wasn't over the top, the perfect sweet taste to end the meal. I found them to be professional, budget conscious and very reliable. We can't wait for our 1-year anniversary cake!

Sent on 02/04/2017

Jessica · Married on 12/03/2016

Simply amazing cake. We received so many compliments from guests on how delicious the cake was. The initial tasting was so fun, they were a joy to work with, the cake itself was beautiful -- and they offer a free personal wedding cake on your 1 year anniversary. Buttercream cake is hands down the best cake I've ever had.

Sent on 12/12/2016

Taylor · Married on 09/17/2016

Best cheesecake!! Our guest couldn't stop telling us about how amazing they were. We also had a small cake for us to cut which was also just as delicious.

Sent on 09/21/2016

Natalie · Married on 09/17/2016

DELICIOUS! We did a mix of the mini cheesecakes and cupcakes for our guests and everyone just loved them! We also had a small cake made for us to cut and everything was just wonderful. The setup looked beautiful and there are so many different options of flavors and styles.

Sent on 12/17/2016

Catherine · Married on 09/16/2016

They did an excellent job with everything except for the flavors. The cupcakes looked amazing and the texture was good but were not that full of flavor. My daughter and I did a blind taste test and could barely tell the difference between the cake portion of the red velvet and the white. There were many cupcakes left over.

Sent on 09/26/2016