Buttercream Creations Reviews

23 | Big Lake, MN

23 Reviews for Buttercream Creations

Barb · Married on 06/17/2017

Beautiful and delicious cakes. We had 3 flavors of cake for guests to choose from. Guests raved about the frosting and all flavors.

Sent on 07/02/2017
  • Jeanne

Jeanne · Married on 10/08/2016

Carrie was amazing to work with, she was very flexible and understanding with the special dietary needs that we had (groom is a celiac) for our cake starting with the tasting. We were amazed at the cake tasting so many options to pick from. We had a picture of what we wanted our cake to look like and Carrie took it to another level and made it more then we ever thought was possible. Our guests raved all night about how amazing the cupcakes were and how much they thought our cake was a great reflection of who we are as a couple. Thank you Buttercream Creations for helping make our wedding day everything that we wanted it to be and more! Travis and Jeanne Maahs

Sent on 01/08/2017

We were extremely happy with our wedding cupcakes and cut cake from Buttercream Creations! Not only were they beautiful but they were so delicious! We received endless comments on our wedding cupcakes from our guests! Her work is amazing!

Sent on 10/01/2015

Lindy · Married on 07/11/2015

Buttercream Creations did an AWESOME job with the cupcakes and wedding cake! People LOVED them! They looked amazing! I would highly recommend her service to anyone in the need of a cake or cupcakes!!

Sent on 08/12/2015

Jillian · Married on 07/10/2015

Buttercream was an amazing company to work with! They were easy, professional and quick to answer any questions we had. Their cakes and desserts were perfect, everyone at our wedding loved the desserts, and continued talking about them days afterwards! Thank you so much for making our event perfect!

Sent on 07/27/2015
  • User4031916 · 2+ years ago

LOVE HER WORK! She's amazing and can make anything you want!! She offers so many flavors and combinations (there's got to be hundreds)! It makes it difficult to choose which 3 you want for your wedding but it doesn't matter, cause theyre all amazing! She made us a small square cake (for cutting) and cupcakes for my wedding and it was amazing! I got nothing but compliments from my guests on how amazing the cupcakes were! She's well worth the money (which isnt much for how amazing she is)!!

Sent on 05/26/2015
  • User3720823 · 2+ years ago

Love Love Loved Buttercream creations!! We did a cake to cut into and cup cakes. They were amazing and would recommend them to anyone! Everything was beautiful and delicious! Everyone loved them!

Sent on 11/25/2014

We had our reception at Christos Union Depot and that allowed us to leverage a pre-negotiated rate on our wedding cake per slice. This allowed us to try many different flavors and we ultimately decided to have three different flavors for our guest to enjoy. The tasting meeting was a blast, our cake specialist was very professional, and the cakes had amazing flavors. We are looking forward to our one year anniversary when Buttercream sends us our complimentary cake, such a great deal instead of freezing a year-old cake.

Sent on 12/11/2014

The cake tasting was very stress free and all the cakes we tried were delicious, the hardest decision was picking th flavors, the rest was a breeze and the cupcakes we went with were a huge hit!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Carrie · Married on 06/28/2014

Carrie was amazing to work with starting with the tasting. We got to try many different flavors which made it very difficult to decide on the flavors we would have at the wedding...they were all so good. We did a small 2 tiered white cake with lemon buttercream and lots of cupcakes in that same flavor along with the carrot cake and the chocolate with heath topping. They were all amazing! Carrie also set up the cupcakes for us on our wedding day as we were using them as centerpieces. When we got to the reception I was so excited to see the final product. They looked great on all the tables! Our 2 tier cake also looked amazing! I can't recommend Carrie and Buttercream Creations enough!!

Sent on 07/09/2014

Buttercream creations did our wedding cake and cupcakes. Carrie took my vision and made it a reality. She is amazing! The cupcakes were so good and beautifully decorated and the cake was perfect! She was beyond accomodating and set everything up perfectly! I would highly recommend Buttercream Creations!

Sent on 10/23/2012

Shannon · Married on 09/08/2012

Carrie is so super duper awesome! I contacted her over email and with the positive reviews, I really didn't care to need a taste test. We were having a sweet treats buffet with all sorts of baked good concoctions, so the cupcakes really didn't need to be "blow me out of the water" good. HOWEVER - THEY SO WERE!!!!
    We ordered 130 cupcakes. 65 of them were chocolate cake, fudge filling and chocolate mousse frosting with a fudge drizzle over the top, sooooo cute. The 65 others were vanilla cake with cookies and cream filling and a vanilla buttercream frosting that she decorated in a rose/flower pattern. I just loved my little cuppies. They were so cute and they tasted so good.
    My wedding day was a tad bit windy and the side flaps of the tent knocked over a box of cupcakes that I had sitting on the sweet treats buffet table. The box opened and the approximately 30-45 cupcakes could not be served because there was either dirt and grass on them or the design was smooshed and destroyed. Bad news for my guests, good news for me. I saved the rest, brushed them off and continued to indulge. These things are amazing...so amazing that you have a 20 second rule when they fall on the ground! I cannot say enough great things about these little bits of magical delight. I will be ordering birthday cupcakes from her going forward, since my favorite bakery closed last year.
    Thank you ever so much, Carrie...you have a wonderful talent! =)

Sent on 09/17/2012

Gabrielle · Married on 05/19/2012

Carrie was great to work with!! I chose to have cupcakes made for my wedding in two flavors. I felt she was reasonable priced and the cupcakes tasted amazinG!!

Sent on 05/23/2012
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 08/05/2011

Carrie did an amazing job with my cake! When I walked into the reception and saw it at the table I was amazed! It was exactly what I wanted and the test was spectacular! We had many compliments on the cake and how good it was! I definitely recommend Buttercream Creations for your wedding cake!

Sent on 08/16/2011

Natalie · Married on 11/20/2010

Cake was absolutely beautiful, and there is honestly no cake that can compare to Buttercream. Perfection. Even guests who are not cake people absolutly LOVED the cake. Moist, lite and delicious!

Sent on 12/05/2010

Colleen · Married on 12/31/2008

Buttercream had an amazing selection of cakes and they were all delicious! We had a hard time deciding on what to get. I would recommend to anyone!

Sent on 11/02/2009

Marcia · Married on 11/06/2010

Very friendly, and great cakes! My mom told me to check them out, and I'm so glad I did!

Sent on 12/25/2010

Amanda · Married on 09/26/2009

Great cake flavors! Discounted cake for your anniversary! The designs were wonderful, and made it hard to choose.

Sent on 12/16/2009

Martin · Married on 06/21/2014

Carrie was fun to work with, she provided us with a beautiful cake and some wonderful tasting cupcakes to go with it. Only wish we would've had some leftovers but I guess everyone liked them so much they were all gone.

Sent on 06/30/2014

Emily · Married on 10/08/2011

Our Buttercream cupcakes were awesome! We were able to pick four flavors for cupcakes, and we also had a smaller 6" cake to cut. Every flavor is delicious, but our guests particularly loved the double chocolate - they went incredibly fast, and we only had a few left at the end of the night, and zero chocolate ones! I would highly recommend Buttercream cakes to anyone!

Sent on 10/18/2011
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 01/09/2010

The most delicious cake I've ever tasted! And beautifully decorated! Would come back to this bakery again and again!

Sent on 01/26/2010

When we first met with Carrie we were impressed by her lay out. The cupcakes for tasting were beautiful and gorgeous. The Cupcakes were delicious and she allowed us to try multiple common flavors and had a lot to choose from. She understood that we wanted a non traditional cake as each tier is different shape and described us in cake. We are looking forward t eating more of her cakes and ordering more from her in the future.

Sent on 08/19/2015

Emily · Married on 09/25/2010

Carrie was extremely friendly and helpful with helping us choose our wedding cake. We had a four tier cake with different flavors and the caterer served a different flavor at each table so everyone was able to see the different kinds. I thought they all tasted great when we had our first sit down and then at the wedding I just had marble…but both times it was delicious! The overall design was pretty close to what I envisioned, the frosted viney branches on my cake didn’t cut well so it kind of looked like worms were in the cake LOL but it still tasted good and I thought Carrie was very professional and friendly to work with.

Sent on 10/19/2010