Butch Gray Disc Jockey/Entertainer, LLC Reviews

115 | Southington, CT

115 Reviews for Butch Gray Disc Jockey/Entertainer, LLC

Luisa · Getting married on 10/05/2019

Saint Clements Castle

Butch was amazing and helped us throughout the entire process! He was professional, timely, and made some last minute adjustments for us the day of the wedding. Our venue was at Saint Clements Castle. The DJ was the most important part of the wedding for us because we wanted to have fun with our guests and he made it all happen. You should book him now!

Sent on 03/04/2019

Butch Gray Disc Jockey/Entertainer, LLC's reply:

Thank you, Luisa! Your wedding was amazing. I appreciate all the faith you had in me. Knowing how busy your schedule is with school and work, I really wanted to take the pressure off of you so that you could enjoy your day and have fun. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your day.

Matthew · Married on 02/15/2019

Nailed it, perfect!

Butch was awesome and went above and beyond our requests. He took our playlist, half Spanish/half English, and perfectly played them to keep everyone dancing all night. He made last minute changes for us and was very accommodating. The music and dancing were very important to us for our wedding day and Butch nailed it.

Sent on 03/08/2019

Butch Gray Disc Jockey/Entertainer, LLC's reply:

Thank you for the excellent review, Matt! Weeks ahead of your wedding, I knew it was going to be awesome. The energy and happiness that you two bring I knew would win the day. Thank you for having me DJ and I hope to meet up again at a brewery!

Samantha Gorman · Married on 11/10/2018

11.10.18 wedding

butch was recommended to me by family. he was always checking on us to see if we had questions before the wedding and helped us pick out music for all of the big things! even during the wedding he was making sure everything was going perfectly. highly recommended ❤️

Sent on 01/14/2019

Butch Gray Disc Jockey/Entertainer, LLC's reply:

Thank you, Samantha! Everything went smoothly. You were a beautiful bride and I hope to see you when you visit CT again!

Julia · Married on 10/12/2018

So Great! Highly Recommend Butch!

I can't speak highly enough of Butch. He was so professional, helpful, and excited throughout the entire process. We were worried that, because we had an older crowd at our wedding, the dance floor would be empty. However, Butch was so skilled that it was packed the entire night! I would recommend Butch to anyone, and already have! He accommodated so many song requests, but sill managed to play everything I wanted to hear! The whole night went so smoothly, thanks to Butch!

Sent on 11/21/2018

Butch Gray Disc Jockey/Entertainer, LLC's reply:

Thank you, Julia! I’m honored to have been a part of your day. It was a fantastic event full of wonderful people. Say hi to Lucas for me and let’s please stay in touch!

Christine · Married on 09/15/2018

Butch was wonderful to work with on the wedding plans, available to meet with us when we needed him.Butch was professional and attentive to all details,I could not have been happier with the job Butch did for us on our very important day. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ for their special day.

Sent on 09/22/2018

Butch Gray Disc Jockey/Entertainer, LLC's reply:

Thank you, Christine! What a great day! Thank you for having me as your DJ. Say hi to my buddy Mike. It was wonderful working with you.

Carol · Married on 09/02/2018

We’ve hired Butch for all our events - parties, fundraisers, and now a wedding! He is a true professional always going above and beyond. What a pleasure to work with him! It’s been almost 30 years that we have employed his services! He even played an old Italian wedding song specifically requested by my husband for his father daughter dance - happy tears everywhere!

Sent on 09/10/2018

Butch Gray Disc Jockey/Entertainer, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much for your review, Carol! We go back to the Farmington Women’s Club days, so your words mean a lot!!! We’re still rocking parties all over Connecticut!

Jackie · Married on 09/01/2018

Butch was an amazing DJ for our wedding! He was fun, professional, easy to work with and went way above and beyond our expectations. He coordinated the sound equipment for the ceremony as well, and surprised us with an audio recording of the entire ceremony, which is so spectacular. My family has used Butch’s DJ services for many events and he always has the best song line up- he can easily read the room and know which to pick next to keep the crowd up. Everyone was on the dance floor for the entire night- including our 87 year old grandparents! Great guy, great DJ.

Sent on 09/12/2018

Butch Gray Disc Jockey/Entertainer, LLC's reply:

Thank you, Jackie! Awesome event. It’s fitting that you are my 100th wedding review. If I hadn’t done that Goombay Smasher Party years ago, what might I be doing now? Congratulations to you and Toby!!!

Ellina · Married on 08/11/2018

Butch is the best DJ we have ever encountered, and we've been to a lot of weddings. He made our wedding everything we could have hoped for and more. The dance floor was packed the entire night. Every. Single. Second. In fact, the dance floor had so many people dancing and was so fun, that we elected to SKIP the cake cutting because we didn't want to take away from the party. We also had an early bus returning to the hotel, but no one took it. They were having too much fun. Butch arrived well before our event and was ready to go when guests arrived. He played exactly the types of music we were looking for at all points in the evening- cocktail hour, dinner and dancing. He also adjusted the volume of the music to ensure a great atmosphere for all guests. Butch didn't skip a single song we requested, and we requested tons of songs. He also recorded all the speeches (something we forgot to do on our own) and shared some great videos he took from behind the DJ booth. It is impossible to overstate the value of Butch. He was a game changer. He was attentive throughout the entire planning process and responded promptly to our calls and questions (something that was lacking in other wedding vendors) He's polite, professional and attentive to details. You only get one shot at a wedding. If you want a phenomenal DJ and dance floor, choose Butch. You won't regret it.

Sent on 09/05/2018

Butch Gray Disc Jockey/Entertainer, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much. I truly appreciate the time you’ve taken to write this review for me. Going into the day, I knew it was going to be fantastic but it exceeded even my expectations. At one point during the reception, I had to stick my hands in ice water and run it through my hair because I was burning up. So many people dancing!

Nicole · Married on 07/28/2018

Hiring DJ Butch was a fantastic decision for our wedding. We had originally looked at getting a band but we're so glad we went with Butch instead. His prices are very reasonable and the level of service is wonderful. Butch has a great website where couples can plan the itinerary for the reception and create their must play and do not play list. It was great to be able to login to Butch's site and plan all the music and speeches for our wedding. Butch was also great about doing video calls with us during the planning process as we live out of state. He was very helpful and responsive during planning. At the reception Butch was fantastic. The dance floor was PACKED the entire night. He respected our music preferences and did a great job using them to get everyone on the dance floor and keep the party going all night. He has a great announcing voice and all of his announcements were very professional and never an annoying interruption. He kept the music at a great volume for cocktail hour and dinner so that our guests could have conversations and during the dancing he turned it up but not too loud so people could still hear each other. He also did a great lighting package for us that took the reception space to the next level. Overall I would highly recommend hiring DJ Butch for your wedding!

Sent on 08/08/2018

Butch Gray Disc Jockey/Entertainer, LLC's reply:

Thank you, Nicole! You are one of the best planners that I’ve ever worked with! Planning a wedding is a process. It does not just happen and you can’t wing it. On the day, we could all enjoy because we had our direction clearly mapped. Thank you for having me as your DJ and Lighting expert! Congratulations and say hi to your parents for me. Great people!

Connor · Married on 07/20/2018

So easy to work with. Everybody had a great time and danced all night.

Sent on 07/21/2018

Butch Gray Disc Jockey/Entertainer, LLC's reply:

Thank you, Connor. It was fun working with you both. It was a great day for your family and I was happy to be part of it. Congratulations!

Matthew · Married on 07/14/2018

DJ BUTCH GRAY IS THE BEST!!! He put on an amazing performance at our wedding. The songs were great, his energy was amazing and he handled everything like a true pro!!! If I could have a DJ at any of the day whether it's while cooking breakfast, working out at the gym, going for a long ride and, of course, a wedding - IT'S DJ BUTCH GRAY! Thank you for everything!!!

Sent on 07/19/2018

Butch Gray Disc Jockey/Entertainer, LLC's reply:

Thank you, Matt! You ‘da man! It was a fantastic day with so many beautiful moments. Thank you for allowing me to be part of your day. Is there enough room adjacent to the kitchen for my speakers? Haha
  • Kaylie

Kaylie · Married on 07/06/2018

Butch was the life of the party! Everyone loved the music selections and commendation. We couldn’t have asked for a better DJ. Keep doin what your doin Butch !

Sent on 07/16/2018

Butch Gray Disc Jockey/Entertainer, LLC's reply:

Thank you, Kaylie! You were a pleasure to work with.

Justin · Married on 06/23/2018

Butch was great! Everyone was dancing and having a great time! His lighting package looked great in the pictures.

Sent on 07/10/2018

Butch Gray Disc Jockey/Entertainer, LLC's reply:

Thank you, Justin! What a great time we all had celebrating with you. Congratulations!

Christina · Married on 06/23/2018

Great DJ. Had evryone dancing and having a great time

Sent on 07/21/2018

Butch Gray Disc Jockey/Entertainer, LLC's reply:

Thank you, Christina! Congratulations!!! It was a fantastic day for sure!

Sabrina · Married on 06/22/2018

Butch Gray is a professional, quality DJ who gets the crowd up and moving!! I've been to multiple weddings where he is the MC and those were the best weddings! He really knows how to read the crowd and is able to choose music based on the vibe! We were so happy that we used Butch Gray to MC our wedding because he made the entire process so easy! His online music menu format is so simple to use and he was able to play every song we wanted. We were shocked by how quickly everyone was on the dance floor. Butch Gray is very professional, he has quality equipment, and is a DJ you can count on. I recommend him to everyone who is getting married. Your wedding guests will definitely have a wonderful time with Butch Gray!

Sent on 07/12/2018

Butch Gray Disc Jockey/Entertainer, LLC's reply:

Thank you for your wonderful review, Sabrina! I hope to see you and Evan soon.

Shannon · Married on 06/15/2018

My husband and I could not be happier with our selection of DJ Butch Gray as the DJ for our wedding. We had a black tie preferred wedding at a mansion in Connecticut, and knew that we wanted a DJ rather than a band for a few reasons, but were anxious about finding a DJ who would fit with the elegant theme of our wedding, while also creating a fun and energetic environment. DJ Butch is the perfect combination of everything we were looking for. Leading up to the wedding, he was very easy to communicate with, and his system for selecting music ahead of time was straightforward. We happened to have quite a few songs on our “must play list,” but DJ Butch did a perfect job of recommending additional songs that went along well with our style, and, most importantly, read our crowd flawlessly on the day of the wedding. Our dance floor was full with happy guests from the moment dinner was over, and we have already had several friends ask for his information for their own weddings (who aren’t even yet engaged!). Additionally, he was very receptive and responsive to us all during the wedding, both to my husband and I in terms of volume or timing, and to guests in playing their song requests or answering questions. DJ Butch was also a wonderfully friendly and considerate vendor and advocate for us as bride and groom – he made us feel comfortable and excited for our wedding, and he also worked very well with our other wedding vendors. We had a string quartet for our ceremony, and DJ Butch was happy to help by providing sound equipment for the ceremony space, and the transition from live instruments to his music was smooth. We are so very pleased with DJ Butch, and personally recommend him without any hesitation!

Sent on 08/07/2018

Butch Gray Disc Jockey/Entertainer, LLC's reply:

Thank you very much for this tremendous review, Shannon! Just being a part of your Wedding and Reception would have been enough of a thank you! Please have any of your friends mention you both. I hope to see you soon.
  • O

o · Married on 05/27/2018

Mr. Butch Gray was an excellent entertainer.
    He was on time, well prepared, and professional. Butch also offered to help anytime he could.
    He certainly made sure everybody from children to seniors were involved in dancing and in generally in creating a great atmosphere.
    I intend to keep his contact for future events, and my friends who participated to the event have already asked about him.

Sent on 06/06/2018

Thank you, Olivia!

Steve · Married on 05/26/2018

We can't say enough good things about Butch! From the very first phone call he put us at ease. We planned our wedding in 6 months so things were very hectic but we knew right away that we could trust Butch to make sure our wedding night was a success. And he came through. People haven't stopped raving about how much fun the wedding was and we owe that to Butch. The dance floor was packed all night. I would recommend Butch to anyone that is looking for a professional and personable DJ that knows what it takes to make your wedding day one to remember! Thanks again Butch!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Butch Gray Disc Jockey/Entertainer, LLC's reply:

Thank you, Steve! I had a lot of fun planning with you. Driving home from Lake of Isles, I felt good knowing it went so well and how much that meant to you.

Peg · Married on 04/22/2018

Butch was a pleasure to work with. He was punctual, positive, upbeat and most of all professional. I have never been to an event where the DJ kept the dance floor full for an entire two hours. It was a terrific event. We would love to work with Butch again in the future.

Sent on 05/02/2018

Butch Gray Disc Jockey/Entertainer, LLC's reply:

Thank you, Peg! I hope to DJ the Best Buddies Friendship Ball again! The kids and volunteers really make it special.

Peter · Married on 04/21/2018

Butch is a true professional. In April 2018 Best Buddies CT held a prom for its members. Butch keep the entire crowd on the dance floor for 5 hours. His energy and excitement was not lost on the kids. This is the 4th year for the event and Butch made it better than ever. We could not have had a better DJ. If you are considering a DJ for your event, Butch should be your guy!

Sent on 05/04/2018

Butch Gray Disc Jockey/Entertainer, LLC's reply:

Thank you, Pete! I had an absolute blast. I’m so happy that the kids had fun. Let’s lock in a date for next year!

Daniel · Married on 04/14/2018

Butch was an amazing dj. He is a great listener and extremely attentive. He played exactly the music we wanted to hear and was great at reading the room. We would highly recommend him.

Sent on 04/15/2018

Butch Gray Disc Jockey/Entertainer, LLC's reply:

Thank you, Daniel! It was an amazing wedding. I am so happy to have been a part of your day.

Gabrielle · Married on 10/21/2017

Butch is amazing. Kind, fun, organized, and knows how to keep a party going! He was so kind when he knew my husband and I had a really unfortunate wedding day. We were sad and disappointed and tried to make the best of it, but Butch was great and so understanding. 110% would recommend!

Sent on 11/09/2017

Butch Gray Disc Jockey/Entertainer, LLC's reply:

I and everyone that attended your wedding will remember how absolutely beautiful you were and how handsome that big stud of yours was!

The dance floor was packed and filled with people that love you!

Thanks for allowing me to be a part of your special day and also for your kind evaluation of my service.

Karen · Married on 10/21/2017

Butch Gray was the DJ for our daughter’s event this October 2017. He was excellent! The music was amazing! Butch kept the event flowing and his professionalism was outstanding. We highly recommend his services and will definitely use them again.

Sent on 10/22/2017

Butch Gray Disc Jockey/Entertainer, LLC's reply:

Thank you, Karen! Anytime you need me to DJ give me a call.

Mitchell · Married on 10/13/2017

Butch was an exceptional DJ, got the crowd really going and was a lot of fun. I don't think we could have picked a better one!

Sent on 10/21/2017