Busy Bee Catering Reviews

53 | Welches, OR

53 Reviews for Busy Bee Catering

Dan Z. · Getting married on 01/07/2022

Upscale small wedding luncheon

We were doing a COVID-19, small group wedding with 22 people in attendance. We wanted a catered upscale lunch that was individually packed to maintain COVID-19 guidelines. We met with Janet and she brainstormed with us and came up with a wonderful menu, including dessert. Her individual touches to the menu were greatly appreciated. Our guests were very complimentary about the lunch. Would use her again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 07/28/2020

Busy Bee Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words. It really keeps us going in these uncertain times.
    Warm Regards,
    Jan
  • Haley

Haley K. · Getting married on 07/08/2021

The best food and the best people!!!

One of my favorite parts of wedding planning was working with Jan and Todd- I want to host 20000 more events just so I can work with them over and over again. They are the kindest people and truly put love into everything they create. They had so many helpful ideas and whenever I felt clueless ( many times) they were right there to answer my questions and suggest what they thought would work best.

And now the food... holy cow. It's been months since our wedding and we literally still get comments about how amazing the food was. I wish I was eating the cheesy potatoes right now. Jan also created the most gorgeous grazing table for our cocktail hour, and people were getting their cell phones out to take photos because it was so darn beautiful. I could really go on and on, but the bottom line is that Busy Bee is a vendor you need to have at your wedding.

Sent on 11/09/2019

Busy Bee Catering's reply:

I'm getting a tear reading this. Such a wonderful review...a million thanks for the kinds words and the opportunity to be part of an incredible and beautiful day.
    XOXO
  • Tracy

Tracy S. · Married on 05/08/2021

Beautifully prepared with fresh local ingredients!

Jan and her team at Busy Bee were not only extremely professional caterers but served a meal for our sons wedding that was absolutely delicious and incorporated many of the fresh local ingredients that we love! The presentation of each dish was beautiful and full of flavor and color! I would highly recommend Jan for any type of event and will definitely use Busy Bee in the future!!

Sent on 09/03/2020

Busy Bee Catering's reply:

Thank you for including us in the festivities! It was a great day with wonderful people in a perfect setting. Masks and all...XOXO

Nancy · Married on 03/06/2021

Busy Bee Catering

Jan catered meals for our family during a recent stay at Mt. Hood for a ski race camp. Her food is incredible. I still think about her caprese chicken and pasta, tortilla soup, and veggie lasagna - YUM. Everything was fresh, delicious and beautifully presented. Jan is detail-oriented, easy to work with, and has great taste. We feel so lucky to have found her!

Sent on 07/08/2020
  • Pamela

Pamela M. · Married on 09/05/2020

Caterers Extraordinaire!

We hired Busy Bee Catering for our daughter's downsized wedding last Saturday evening in a beautiful wild river setting . We were 100 percent BLOWN AWAY by not only the deliciousness of the Italian-themed dinner, but the absolutely stunning presentation. Our guests dined on artfully-arranged antipasto, salads, and chicken parmesan served on huge metal platters and in beautiful stoneware. It was all so stunning, we hated to disturb it! The portions were so generous that we had plenty left for dinner the following night. The caterers were on-time, extremely conscientious about cleanliness, and so easy to work with –– all at a reasonable cost. We received numerous compliments, and will be looking for opportunities to use them again!

Sent on 09/07/2020

Busy Bee Catering's reply:

Power back on and many thanks coming your way for the great review. Glad all worked well for you...thanks!

Rachael · Married on 09/29/2018

Above and beyond

Todd and Jan exceeded my expectations!

Sent on 05/08/2019

Sara · Married on 08/04/2018

My family and I could not be happier with Busy Bee Catering for my wedding this weekend. Jan was super helpful at creating a great menu and was very thoughtful to take into consideration our guests with dietary restrictions. The food was absolutely excellent and we received many compliments. The staff was on time, friendly, and did a great job setting up even though the wedding location was unusual. They even packaged up the leftovers so we could take them home! We are really happy with choosing Busy Bee and you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 09/18/2018

Nichole · Married on 06/12/2018

Jan and her team did an amazing job at our wedding! The food was delicious, and she was very responsive during the entire process. If we had any questions she answered them quickly and was able to work with our budget.

Sent on 06/19/2018

Busy Bee Catering's reply:

Thank you Nicole for the kind review. You did a good job on your end too. Good luck with the move...XOXO

Mandee · Married on 09/30/2017

Jan & Todd are the most welcoming husband wife team we've experienced! They welcomed us into their home for the tasting, which was the most delicious experience we've ever had. They are down to earth, kind and centered people who are real and genuine. We felt at home and cared for the moment we arrived and one bite and we were sold. Not only were the main dish's excellent but everything down to the salad dressing to salsa really impressed us with the flavors. They continued to be responsive and helpful throughout our engagement and delivered exactly as promised on our wedding day. Jan always showered us with support and kind words as we went along, making the process super easy, seamless, and made us feel taken care of and not stressed by the service they provided us. We love the Ostrom's so much we wish we could be friends with them!

Sent on 11/05/2017

Meghan · Married on 09/03/2017

Busy Bee Catering was hands down the best decision we made for our wedding. Even six weeks later, we still have people talking about the food that was served! It was one of the best meals I've ever had, and I can't believe they created it for 120 guests. Jan was super communicative and helpful through every step of the way, and I just cannot say enough about her food. It was the best part of our day!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Meghan,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful review. Honored to have been part of your most special day...XOXO
    Todd & Jan

Rita · Married on 07/04/2017

Thank you so much for catering our Anniversary Party. The food was beyond excellent. You were very generous with your portions. We could have served well over 100 with the amount you gave us. Your delivery ladies were so pleasant. They explained how to serve each dish and how to use dressings and toppings.
    Your company added so much to our celebrations.
    Matt and Rita Corey

Sent on 07/06/2017

Rebecca · Married on 05/06/2017

Amazing food and amazing people! The staff went above and beyond with everything and the food was delicious. Had MANY people tell us that it was the best wedding food they ever had (and I would agree). Everything tasted just like it did during the taste testing, home cooked and fresh! Would definitely recommend to any bride!

Sent on 06/21/2017

Marjorie · Married on 05/06/2017

Janet and her crew did an amazing job for my son's wedding. She was such a great resource and was so willing to accommodate whenever possible. The food was super, many guest commented on the quality and taste. She and her crew did all they said they would.

Sent on 06/28/2017

Erica · Married on 11/12/2016

Busy Bee Catering met all of our needs plus some! The food was phenomenal, we had buffet style for 230 people and they still made it all so tasty. The layout of the food was so elegant, and appealing. Their crew was so helpful and professional as well. We would recommend them for any catering event without a doubt.

Sent on 12/13/2016
  • User6119376 · 2+ years ago

I can’t thank Jan Ostrom and her team enough for the food, service, help and the all around incredible experience everyone had with them during our wedding. The food was not only delicious, but also incredibly beautiful. Many guests commented on how spectacular the presentation was as well as how good everything tasted. The Busy Bee catering staff was so kind and helpful and everyone enjoyed working with them. They were incredibly efficient and on top of everything making it a really enjoyable experience for all involved. There wasn’t anything that we didn’t love about the food, though if I had to pick a favorite dish, it was the Busy Bee Signature Salad! Throughout the entire process Jan went above and beyond to help us make everything perfect. She even had suggestions for decor! Many, many thanks to the Busy Bee team!

Sent on 06/27/2016

Dacia · Married on 06/17/2016

We hired Busy Bee to cater our wedding, and it was beyond anything we could have expected. The food was phemomenal, the presentation was absolutely beautiful and they are very professional to work with! Jan even went out of her way to find a recipe for a Buffalo-style entree for us. It ended up being Buffalo Mac and cheese and everyone LOVED it!!

Jan also went above and beyond and gave us wonderful recommendations and ideas for decorations, food entrees, etc and really made the whole process seamless and stress-free!

I would strongly recommend Busy Bee Catering for any of your catering needs!

Sent on 06/30/2016

Keely · Married on 07/04/2015

I used busy bee for my Fourth of July wedding. My theme was old fashion picnic and I wanted my food to match. Busy bee was the first place I contacted. Jan was very enthusiastic about my idea and had some great ideas on how to incorporate our picnic theme. I had talked to a few other places just to make sure but I just felt Jan really understood what I was looking for. The first time me and my fiancé met with her we realized we had no idea what we wanted. We could see what Jan was extremely experienced and knew what she would doing which made us feel sooo much better. She took our suggestions, made a few of her own and worked within our budget. She kept it touch all the way up to the wedding and always offered up her wedding knowledge when I asked for help. When our wedding finally came her and her team ROCKED it! I mean seriously knocked it out of the park! Our wedding day was Hot hot hot but that didn't stop her team from working hard and making everything look great! We had pulled pork sandwiches, and chicken skewers along with some amazing side salads and spicy coslaw! We actually got to eat unlike most newlyweds and it was so good! I cannot tell you how many people told us how much they LOVED the food! These guys really went the extra mile for me and I greatly appreciate Jan and her team!

Sent on 07/17/2015

Busy Bee Catering's reply:

Your kind words make it all worth while. It really means so much to know your are happy with our services and that your day was a success. Congrats to you both and cheers to a wonderful future...XOXO

Busy Bee Catering did an amazing job for my Summer Solstice Wedding! Not only were they extremely responsive, but very helpful in offering their opinions due to their experiences of catering weddings. Everything we added on last minute was taken care of and I am so very thankful for their wonderful company. The guests commented on how good to the food was!! There was also a lot leftover which was great as we had wanted enough to ensure that people could go back again and again as it was a buffet. I would recommend Busy Bee Catering to anyone in need of caterers but definitely for a wedding as despite the day seemingly very stressful overall this was something that was taken care of so smoothly it was a huge relief! VERY delicious too!! Thank you so much.

Sent on 07/09/2015

Morgan · Married on 05/23/2015

Busy Bee Catering is amazing! As an event planner it is so important to me that the vendors I work with and recommend to my clients are professional and create a wonderful product at a great value. Busy Bee was easy to work with, flexible with our event style and timing and above all cooked delicious food with a beautiful presentation. I will definitely use them again! Thanks Jan and Company!

Sent on 07/06/2015

Busy Bee Catering's reply:

Thanks Morgan and back at you! It was a fun night. You too were a pleasure to communicate with, positive and professional. It was great to start the wedding season with such a great all around experience. Thank you!

Kristie · Married on 05/15/2015

I was quite pleased with Busy Bee Catering! We hired them for a school 40th anniversary and auction dinner event at the last minute. Jan was a delight to work with. The food was delicious with a beautiful presentation. We did a buffet this year and it worked out great. Jan and her staff were prompt and efficient. We will definitely be calling on them again for future events!

Sent on 05/17/2015

Thank you Kristie...you too were a pleasure. See you next year! Jan

Ryan · Married on 12/15/2014

Jan has been supplying the sack lunches for our Mt Hood Ski Racing League for at least 7 years. Our race course volunteers work hard to keep the High School race functions on schedule no matter the weather and Jan's lunches keep our crews working hard.
    Sandwiches made with Jan's homemade thick sliced bread, your groups choice of meats (we choose turkey) with cheese and lettuce. Fresh fruit. And her home made desserts such as bar cookies. And if you're looking for a very special dessert Jan can put together the best Oatmeal Cookies on Mt. Hood.

Sent on 12/15/2014

Busy Bee Catering provides a great service for conference group meetings as well. With less than two weeks notice, Jan was very responsive and accommodating for my request to provide appetizers for a group of 50 travel professionals. They were willing to set up, serve, and clean up for this fast pace group when our schedule did not allow us time to linger and enjoy. Their display was simple as I requested, yet very professional and appropriate for the event. The appetizer skewers were beautifully presented and most important, tasty! Busy Bee Catering can be trusted and reliable for any size group, and will work with you to fit your needs and budget. Thanks

Sent on 12/11/2014

Shelley · Married on 12/04/2014

Jan and her crew at Busy Bee made our Business Excellence Awards Luncheon easy and elegent, even with our very tight budget. I have organized many events and have high standards for service and flexibility. Jan obviously holds those same high standards. Jan was very responsive and creative when it came to menu planning. The food was a great value and the presentation was elegant. The Christmas cookie table was fabulous! Can't wait to work with Jan and her team in the future. We will certainly refer our members to Busy Bee Catering for their event needs. Thank you, Jan!

Maura · Married on 11/07/2014

Busy Bee Catering has catered several events for me over the past 15 years while I have worked at different non profits: community meetings, town halls, and for the past two years our annual volunteer recognition banquet. The food is mouth-watering and you can taste the freshness of the food, decorations always match the theme, and the caterers are responsive to special needs. After catering the volunteer banquet in 2013, our staff and guests asked me to please bring back the same caterer for 2014 with the same menu. Who can say no to happy guests?

Busy Bee Catering's reply:

Thank you Maura...you are a pleasure to work with and I love hearing about all you do for our 4 legged friends...you're top dog on my list! XOXO

Veronica · Married on 11/07/2014

Jan and the Busy Bee Catering staff provided her services at a reception for a ribbon cutting event for our new Rivermark Community Credit Union Gresham branch. Jan was personable, easy to work with and affordable. She came up with a very thoughtful menu for our guests and even put us in touch with a baker and an event coordinator to assist us with other event details. The spread was delicious and we received many compliments from guests! I would hire Busy Bee Catering again in a heartbeat for future Rivermark events!