Burton's Bridals Reviews

26 Reviews for Burton's Bridals

• Melissa

Melissa D. · Married on 11/09/2019

Love my dress!

After promising myself to only look at 2-3 places max for a dress, I wasn’t getting that ‘wow’ moment. So stop 6 was Burton’s who was having a Stella York trunk show. Boy am I happy I made the trip! Not only did I find my dress, but also found a deal. While most places charge $600+ for alterations and bustle, which quickly makes the cost of a dress skyrocket, Burton’s was a fraction of that. Carol was so helpful and accommodating. So glad I went with Burton’s!

Sent on 11/19/2019
  • Stefanie

Stefanie M. · Married on 07/13/2019

Amazing Experience!!!!

Carole at Burton's Bridal has been absolutely amazing! I had an appointment with the thought of just trying on dresses as this was my first appointment ever at a bridal store. Carole was very receptive to what I was looking for and every single dress that she pulled off the rack matched my exact description and idea. After trying on only a few dresses I found THE ONE. Seeing it on TV or hearing about it from other people does exactly what they say. When you find the one, it will make you cry. Carole made it so real with the vail and model bouquet. It all came to life. I put down a deposit and walked out with such excitement as I can't wait to wear this beautiful gown on my wedding day.

Sent on 03/02/2019

Tina · Married on 05/13/2018

I had an absolute amazing experience with Burton’s. Carol was so helpful and an expert !! She helped me choose a perfect beautiful dress with a veil to match. She’s so understanding and personable and I had a lot of fun with her. The woman who did my alterations was amazing. The dress fit me absolutely perfectly. I had my dream dress for a reasonable price. I couldn’t have been happier !!

Sent on 07/06/2018

Great experience! Wonderful customer service and great prices. All the employees were helpful and accommodating. Carole went above and beyond to help me find my dream dress. My bridesmaids looked phenomenal. The alterations were perfect and really reasonably priced! I recommend trying Burtons, it will be worth it!!

Sent on 03/24/2017

Sue · Married on 07/01/2017

I bought my dress at Burtons and am so happy how everything turned out . The alterations turned out perfectly ! The dress came in exactly when we were told . Thanks to Carole and Brittany for all their help . I will truly miss seeing you both

Sent on 07/22/2017

Colleen · Married on 11/19/2016

Carole and her team at Burton's made my dress exactly what I had wanted it to be. It was a Maggie Sottero dress with a scoop neck and a line waist. The seamstress altered the dress to have a natural neckline that followed the lace line and created a more drop waist style. I loved wearing my dress all day and was comfortable which was very important to me. I cannot thank them enough for everything they did and the care they took in each step!!

Sent on 12/04/2016

Sur · Married on 11/21/2015

I got married in November and bought my bridal and bridesmaids dress here. We made a detachable cap sleeve for my bridal gown which was perfect ! My bustle was amazing and stayed all night . The prices for alterations were very reasonable and done perfectly. I wore a Maggie Sottero dress that made me feel like a princess. I loved Carole she made sure everything was perfect before I left with my dress. The bridesmaids were Bill levkoff and all my girls loved them . My sister was also there bride 2 yrs ago and a bunch of my friends . It is a small store and they try and work by appointment

Sent on 01/06/2016

Jordana · Married on 07/02/2015

Burton's was phenomenal. I had a hard time finding a dress I wanted and went to numerous other stores, but when i walked into Burton's there it was! Exactly what I was looking for, and for a VERY reasonable price. They were kind, helpful and the seamstress was amazing. I wanted to add straps, and they all worked with me to create exactly what if wanted - even giving me a few different options for the day of. Highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/08/2015

Jessica · Married on 06/27/2015

I love Burton's! I found my dream dress there. All of the ladies were very nice to me and my family. I enjoyed working with Carole, as she is very professional and 'no nonsense.' Most brides can be rude and annoying, so I give Carole a lot of credit for dealing with us! Prices were amazing! The ladies told me it would take several months for the dress to come in, so I didn't worry about it at all. They have years of experience and I knew there wouldn't be any problems. My dress was perfect and I probably wouldn't have found that one anywhere else! Thank you!!!

Sent on 07/13/2015

Had a wonderful experience at Burton's! Found a gorgeous dress and it was at a great price.

Sent on 09/02/2013

Shannon · Married on 03/23/2013

Our flowers were gorgeous! I showed them a picture of what I wanted and the execution was beyond amazing. My bouquet was breath-taking. I loved it! The centerpieces were gorgeous and everyone wanted to take it home at the end of the night. The flowers lasted for a long time after the wedding. Truly amazing!

Sent on 04/11/2013

Lori · Married on 03/08/2013

Burton's was AWESOME!!!!! They were highly recommended and I am so glad that I went with them. The boquets were delivered at 2pm (they arrived on time) and then they had to come back to the venue at 8:30pm to set up the reception room and everything was beautiful! They were so easy to deal with and their communication was great. Thank you!

Sent on 03/17/2013

Burton's Bridals is great! It was the second place I looked and I found my dress there. They listened to what I was looking for and pulled a ton of dresses I loved immediately. I found "the one" (I thought) and paid for it but when I got home I realized I'd picked the exact same dress as my good friend and had a bit of a meltdown. With only 5 minutes until closing time, I rushed back to Burton's and explained what had happened (in tears) and they stayed open to help me find another dress before I had to return to Maryland the next day. Carol told me she wanted to try a dress back on me that she'd pulled earlier and I'd rejected - she put a crinoline skirt underneath it and I knew the first dress I'd bought wasn't "the one" - it was this one all along!!! She knows her dresses, and she knows brides. She nailed it!!! When the dress finally came into the Long Island area, it was the same week Hurricane Sandy hit, so no one knew where the dress was in transit and the store was closed due to loss of power, etc. All the while we were able to confirm with Burton's that there was no problem and I would get the dress with no damages or anything to worry about. They were right! They did multiple fittings with me, because I had some issues with being "well endowed" up top and the seamstress was able to make all kinds of recommendations and alterations that made the dress fit perfectly! They steamed the dress and veil, and bagged it up and gave me care instructions and were so sweet to me, my mom, my grandmother, and everyone else that I sent my new sister-in-law in there to get a dress and she ordered one there too! Highly recommend!!!! A++

Sent on 01/28/2013
  • Q

Allyson · Married on 07/06/2008

Everything was amazing! They saved me money on both the actual dress and alterations, and their work is just beautiful. thank you!

Sent on 07/13/2008

Nicole · Married on 09/23/2006

Burton's Bridals was able to provide me with my gown at a price significantly lower than other stores. They were very courteous and flexible in accomodating me with weekend fittings. This was very helpful as a out-of-state bride. My dress came in on time and in perfect condition. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 09/23/2008
  • W

Tara · Married on 08/07/2005

Great... beautiful dress and tiara at an even more beautiful price! did great alterations... really worked well with me. Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/04/2008

D · Married on 07/03/2010

I had a very short window of time to find a wedding dress. I was living overseas and was in the US for exactly 4 days. I had booked several appointments at many bridal stores while I was in NY, but was getting very frustrated as I was not finding what I liked and was not getting helpful service at most places.

There had been one dress I really wanted (had only seen it online) but when I tried it on, I really did not care for the detailing of the dress and was really disappointed. I was planning on returning back to one of the original stores and sort of forcing myself to find something I liked because time was running out.

However, on a whim, I decided to call Burton's and spoke to Carole and went on in to try on dresses. I could immediately tell that Carole was no-nonsense and I was thrilled - she didn't try to force me to try on dresses beyond my price range and actually listened. When I told her about my disappointment about the dress I really liked - she brought me a somewhat similar dress from the same designer that I had not really considered.

When I put it on, I realized I had found my dress! Plus the price was excellent - it worked out wonderfully.

Carole was responsive and understanding of my needs and was helpful and kept me informed. My fittings went great and the alterations were minimal and reasonable. They really want you to be happy and will work with you to ensure that your dress fits right and that you feel comfortable and secure.

Sent on 07/22/2010

Samantha · Married on 07/15/2016

3.5

We used Burton's for our flowers and for my bridesmaid's dresses. John had helped us with our flowers, and made it so simple. They definitely have the BEST prices around, and will work with you for whatever it is you may want. My bouquet was absolutely gorgeous; people still rave about the arrangement and color to this day! Our centerpieces were also so beautiful and exactly what I had pictured. The only thing I was not pleased with was the decorating of our ceremony. We had our ceremony outside in a gazebo, and I was hoping the gazebo would have been draped with flowers, however all that was there were 2 tiny "bouquets" attached to the poles. We also did not receive the 2 tall centerpieces on either side of the gazebo that we had paid for. In the end, our venue was beautiful so nobody noticed, however I was still pretty disappointed.
    Carol helped with the bridesmaid dresses, and was always quick to return my phone calls and did a lot of searching for the dresses I was thinking about using. My girls dresses came in with plenty of time to alter and steam them. Their prices on dresses were also the best prices I could find.
    Overall, we were pleased with Burton's and they are definitely the most affordable florist on Long Island, however make sure you make it clear exactly what you want on the day of your wedding to avoid any disappointment.

Sent on 11/23/2016

Kim · Married on 09/20/2008

4.2

The prices here can not be beat! They even changed the dress i wanted to order about a week after I had put down a deposit. Alterations were very reasonably priced and my bustle was the most amazing feat of engineering i had ever seen.

Sent on 10/13/2008
  • Regina

Regina · Married on 04/29/2017

3.8
      3.5

Burton's has an amazing selection of vintage, rustic and traditional gowns-not a large selection, but a very beautiful one. I would have bought all 5 dresses that I tried on there. Prices were right on point, as well. However, it is an extremely small shop with only 2 changing rooms. When I first went in there to shop there was like 5 brides there all trying to squeeze into an hour to shop-not a good feeling as a bride to feel rushed. When I ordered my dress it shipped on time and arrived on schedule, but when I went to pick it up, again, like 5 separate brides were there and this was the first time I'm trying on my wedding gown, a day I could have only dreamt about and I felt disappointed because it was way to crowded for the salon's size. They should take appointments only and if there are more than 3 brides, they should have the walk-ins wait downstairs until space frees up. Overall though, the dress alterations came out beautiful.

Sent on 05/25/2017

Tina · Married on 05/02/2015

3.6
      3.0

I am slightly torn on this review. I ADORED my dress, first and foremost. When I went to Burton's for the first time, they were incredibly kind and helpful. I needed a dress that was very modest, and they helped me to pick out the perfect dress that would be alterable without changing the beauty of the dress (not as easy as it sounds!) I was thrilled. However, things started to go downhill. I found that the seamstresses there were quite condescending and very impatient. I wasn't thrilled that they were rude to my mother and my grandmother (who has hand made dresses for Eve of Milady) and to my bridesmaids. When I went in for my final fitting, my sleeves were two entire inches too small in circumference- I couldn't even get them up. When the time came to take my dress home, all those problems were fixed, but I still had to stand there while my grandmother fixed little nuances on the dress that weren't completely perfect, which I feel they should have handled before we came to pick it up. Whenever my grandmother or mother made suggestions, they were very condescending and rude to them. Altogether it was a beautiful dress for an appropriate price, but I wasn't ecstatic about my experience. I would still recommend giving them a shot- I just hope that your experience is better than mine was!

Sent on 05/29/2015

Christine · Married on 06/24/2011

3.4
      2.5

I had my bridesmaids order their dresses from Burton's because the price was about $40 cheaper than they were any where else I had looked. In retrospect I would have just had my girls pay the extra $40 because the price discount at Burton's came with a complete lack of service and professionalism.
    When my girls went to get measured and order the dresses, one of my bridesmaids ordered the dress a size or two smaller than she currently was because she intended to lose weight. When the dresses came in she had lost almost 40 pounds and the dress was still way too small. I understand that this was my bridesmaids fault, but the woman at Burton's was incredibly rude to her and told her that the only thing she could do was put a panel in the back of the dress. The dress was way too small and she didn't feel comfortable putting that large of a panel in the dress, so she wanted to order a new dress all together, and was prepared to pay rush shipping for it. Burton's told her that they couldn't possibly order the dress in time (it was about a month and a half before the wedding), so my bridesmaid finally found a store over an hour away that would order it for her. The dress came in the week before the wedding, and it needed to be altered, so my bridesmaid called Burton's to see if they would do it for her, and they said no! She was willing to pay what ever the cost of alterations was, but the woman at Burton's said that they could only alter the original dress for her, not a new one she purchased because it was not purchased through them! Well she would have ordered through them had they not been so difficult and rude to her. I couldn't believe that I had five bridesmaids order dresses from that store and they were unwilling to help us out the week before the wedding. This is the kind of customer service you lose when you go to a store like this, which I guess I expected, but not to this extent. In the end the dress was altered by the store I bought my dress from (Bridal Reflections), so it all worked itself out, but it definitely added unecessary stress the week before the wedding.
    Overall I would warn other brides that the prices may be great here, but the service is terrible. Just be aware of that when making a decision.

Sent on 07/21/2011

Noel · Married on 04/30/2004

3.0

My dress was beautiful and reasonably priced, the alterations were of average cost. On my wedding day, however, the bridesmaid that was lacing up the back of my dress noticed a black spot that looked like grease and she managed to cover it up as she was tying the back of my dress up.

Sent on 09/16/2008
  • Corinne

Corinne · Married on 09/22/2012

2.0
      2.0
      1.0

My problem was with Burton's customer service and professionalism. I ordered my gown 11 months before my wedding. They said that it would take 6 to 8 months to arrive. I hear from my friends that the 6 - 8 month window is standard among bridal salons but that most girl's gowns arrive in 5 or 6 months. 6 months from my order would have been the end of April. When I still hadn't heard anything from Burton's by the end of May, I called the salon and left a message which they didn't return. A few days later, I called again and they told me that my gown should "probably" arrive in early July -- 8 months and a few weeks after I had ordered. They were unapologetic and dismissive about this. A few weeks later, I called to check-in again. This time they told me that it was shipping from China in July and would probably arrive by the end of July. I asked how long I needed to start alterations before the wedding and was told AT LEAST (emphasis theirs) 2 months before the wedding -- which would be July 22nd. I tried pointing out that they had just told me that the gown might not arrive until after that date. Again, unapologetic and unsympathetic.

When the dress finally did arrive over 9 months after I ordered it, they offered no apology or explanation. When I went to pick it up, same story. I also was taken aback when I tried on the dress and brought out my veil -- a family heirloom from the 1920s. Carole make a comment that basically translated to yuck.

In fairness, the dress did eventually arrive. It was the correct size and color. I bought it during a "trunk show" (although they only had about 8 dresses from the line there), so it was a few hundred dollars cheaper than other bridal shops. I took the gown elsewhere to be altered so I can't speak to that end of the operation.

At the end of the day, I would not refer someone to Burton's. To me, the money I saved was not worth the added stress and frustration.

Sent on 11/02/2012

1.2
      2.5
      0.5
      1.0

TAKE YOUR HARD-EARNED MONEY ELSEWHERE!

I ordered a bridesmaid dress from Burton's, which initially was fine. However, when the dresses came in, the owner was so incredibly unpleasant and rude to work with and communicate with. She has a sketchy cash-only policy in order to take the dress home and not to mention the place itself is a disaster. I'm more than fine with a simple shop but this had dust and grime everywhere. You couldn't pay me to step foot in that place again. I like to do business with people who value me as a customer and this woman was as pleasant as a hemorrhoid. The owner even yelled at me over the phone because other bridesmaids in the party didn't pick up the dresses as planned the night prior. Um, I'm sorry but I had nothing to do with that and cannot control the actions of others.

I've been in multiple other weddings, and based on my experiences, I suggest Bridal Reflections and The Bridal Suite of Huntington - much cleaner shops with employees who treat customers with the utmost respect.

Sent on 11/15/2013