Burning River Entertainment Group Reviews

45 | Cleveland, OH

45 Reviews for Burning River Entertainment Group

Emma · Married on 09/19/2020

Great experience with Gene!

Gene was very knowledgable about our venue and made our small party of 50 feel like a packed dance floor!

Sent on 12/31/2020
  • Melissa

Melissa V. · Married on 07/03/2020

Professional

We hired Gene during the pandemic. He was up-to-date on our ever-changing restrictions. Amazing vendor! He was one of our faves

Sent on 07/08/2020

Nicole · Married on 06/27/2020

They were more than just a DJ. Super interactive and my family raved about them!

I am so happy with my service. They were very easy to deal with, very professional, and reasonably priced. Showtime, who was the MC, definitely stole the show. He constantly was interacting with all of my guests and we all had such a great time. My family to this day still talks about my wedding and how much fun the DJs were. They professionally helped keep us on schedule which was great and what we needed. All the songs were correct with no sound issues plus I had them mix 2 songs together for a special father daughter dance which went perfectly. Great company to deal with. I have definitely recommended them to some of my friends already!

Sent on 10/08/2020
  • Megan

Megan P. · Married on 04/25/2020

DJ and Videographer for Wedding

Burning river did an excellent job at our wedding! We cannot wait to work with them again in the future!

Sent on 09/24/2020
  • Gabriela

Gabriela C. · Married on 11/02/2019

love at first sight

Our experience with Burning River Entertainment has been amazing from the very first time we met them in 2017 at Rock the Veil. At the time, we didn’t even have a venue or a date picked out but we knew for sure that we wanted them to be our DJ. They stole our hearts and we never bothered with another DJ!

DJ Gene was incredible to work with, he made the planning process seamless and easy. I really am so grateful for his time and patience as we requested a lot from Gene, from multiple entrance songs, seamlessly extending the family dance song, accommodating to our surprise guest, Samantha Echo, to creating a special mix that included a surprise dance with my bridal party. Gene is extremely talented, friendly, made us feel comfortable and knew how to get us and the guests pumped. Day of the wedding, he delivered nothing but the best, for both sides of a biracial wedding. We loved that he even joined us in some of the dancing.

Mike and I have been married for a little over a month now (Nov 2, 2019) and our guests are still raving about their time on the dance floor, even the best man who NEVER dances, said this was the most he’s ever danced in his life! If you’re looking for a DJ that understands that this is YOUR day, will meet your expectations and more, we completely 10000% would recommend Burning River Entertainment.

Sent on 12/05/2019
  • James

James A. · Married on 10/09/2019

Responsive - Attentive - Professional - Detail Oriented

The entertainment was one of the most important elements of our celebration. After researching and contacting several entertainment companies, it was a very easy decision to select Burning River entertainment group. The owner of Burning River responded to our inquiry in less than a day and within a week, we scheduled a planning session to organize and establish the sequence of events during our wedding day. The responsiveness and attention to our own urgency to finalize the details of our wedding day was a relief to our families.

During our initial meeting, Burning River helped us consider and establish all of the important details to ensure our guests had an amazing time. Burning River even had us provide contact information for our photographer, caterer and tent rental company so that they had the ability to collaborate with the other vendors and ensure all were operating off of the same plan. It was very professional and relieving to know that our entertainment company was being so proactive.

It was very helpful to have Burning River share their previous experiences of what was most successful for other couple’s wedding days. This insight helped us organize the formalities of the reception, such as the father-daughter and mother-son dances. Under Burning River’s suggestion, we decided it would be best to consolidate the speeches/family dances into one session. This allowed for maximum dance time for our guests, and in hindsight, we are so glad that we listened to the professionals!

We continue to receive compliments from our guests on HOW MUCH FUN they had during our reception and it is thanks to Burning River. We trusted our entertainment professionals to facilitate a memorable evening, and they delivered better than we could have ever imagined.

I would recommend this company to any future bride and groom, and I would strongly advise to listen to the professional suggestions made by Burning River!

Sent on 12/28/2020

Meghan · Married on 08/24/2019

Perfect Wedding DJ!

Gene was the perfect DJ for our wedding ceremony and reception. He was flexible, met all of our requests and exceeded our expectations. He kept the dance floor full and the music videos on the projectors were a nice touch! Loved having the fun disco lights and uplighting. HIGHLY recommend for your wedding!

Sent on 09/06/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 05/31/2019

Wedding DJ

Gene at Burning River did our wedding last weekend, and he made sure the dance floor was packed all night! We were shocked at how many people actually got out on the dance floor (our friends aren't usually dancers!) We received TONS of compliments about our DJ and his song selections in the week following our wedding! Gene was extremely easy to work with, always stayed on top of communication, and went out of his way to make sure our wedding was a hit. He even helped my day of coordinator with some issues in decorating and setting up for the ceremony! We are so happy that we chose Burning River Entertainment for our big day!

Sent on 06/08/2019

Kimberly M. · Married on 01/09/2019

The Best DJ’s EVER

I absolutely love working with Gene and his team! I know I won’t have to worry about who will show up, when and how they are dressed. I know who is coming ahead of the event, they will be on time, and they will be professionally dressed. As an event planner I have enough things on my plate I’m glad with Burning River Entertainment I don’t have to worry about their part. I can focus on the other balls that I will be juggling.

Sent on 11/28/2019

Julie · Married on 10/06/2018

Best dj!

We are a couple from Pittsburgh that got married in Culpeper, VA. We heard Eli DJ at our best friend's wedding in Cleveland and knew that we wanted him at our wedding. He was so easy to speak to and understood that we were on a budget. He was able to work with our budget and provide the best service we could have ever possibly dreamed of. The music was amazing and kept the whole dance floor crowded all night. He even mixed our entrance song for us to combine two of our favorite songs. People still are talking about how fun our wedding was and that is thanks to Eli!

Sent on 02/26/2019
  • Cassandra

Cassandra · Married on 09/08/2018

Burning River absolutely killed it at our wedding! Gene knew exactly what to play and when to play it to keep the party going and getting EVERYONE in on the fun. There was also an entertainer Gene brought that everyone just loved! We cannot say enough great things about this company! If you want your event to run smooth and everyone to have a great time you have to hire this company! Our guests are still talking about them!!! Thank you so much for making our day SO FUN!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Amanda · Married on 09/01/2018

Gene and James were amazing! I can't say enough good things about them. Gene was fantastic with our timeline and picked great music all night while James kept people up and dancing. Almost all of our guests told us that our wedding was one of the best they've ever been to and that Burning River is the best DJ they've ever seen! Thank you so much!

Sent on 09/23/2018

Mimi · Married on 07/28/2018

Burning River Enterntainment was an excellent choice for our wedding! Eli was our DJ and by far our favorite vendor to work with! He was excellent with communication throughout the planning process and made me feel completely at ease the day of our wedding. When sound issues occurred during our ceremony, he was so quick to fix the problem! He was also able to think on his feet when we realized our large flower installation at the head table would block the view during toasts. He quickly jumped down to our cigar bar and grabbed two chairs and placed them off to the side of the head table. Eli and his coworker Ernie got the party started right after dinner and kept the dance floor filled until the reception was over! My husband and I are so happy we chose Burning River Entertainent and would HIGHLY recommend them to other couples planning their weddings!

Sent on 08/17/2018
  • Megan M.

Megan · Married on 05/19/2018

Gene was absolutely amazing from the moment we met him at a wedding show all the way through to the end of our wedding day. He was incredibly flexible and accommodating with our nontraditional ceremony and reception needs; he helped out with our ceremony music, had a better sense of our wedding timeline needs than we did (thank goodness!), and helped us find the perfect karaoke version of "As Time Goes By" so my mother and I could sing a duet at the reception. Above all, we loved that he seemed to be having as much of a blast as we were the whole day! A guy who loves his work as much as Gene obviously does is always going to work to give you the best day ever, just like he did for us. THANK YOU GENE!!!! (P.S. My husband says: "I almost wish we had an excuse to contract with him again." Me: "Only almost?")

Sent on 06/10/2018

R · Married on 05/12/2018

We had our own DJ and used the sound and light equipment from Burning River Entertainment. Gene was very responsive to what we needed. His prices were great - they delivered the equipment on time and had a tech person stay with the equipment. When we had a glitch with some of the technology, the tech person, no questions asked, helped and got us another piece equipment to use in its place. We would highly recommend Gene and his company!!

Sent on 08/17/2018

Keli · Married on 12/09/2017

I met this vendor at a bridal show. I never considered needing lighting at the reception. After seeing some of Gene’s other work, I knew it was something I wanted to add that extra touch. Burning River Entertainment did not let me down. The lighting made the room and our monogram coincided with our theme and really expressed us and our guest. Thank you Gene!!!!

Sent on 12/11/2017
  • RealLindseyO

Lindsey · Married on 10/14/2017

We had such a good experience with Burning River Entertainment! From the moment we booked them until our wedding day we had great service and communication from Gene. The day of our MC Lauren and DJ Andy could not have been better. They went above and beyond to make sure our wedding was perfect! We would absolutely recommend Burning River Entertainment to anyone looking for a great party.

Sent on 10/15/2017

Ericka · Married on 10/14/2017

This group of guys is great! Professional and fun! I loved picking music at our meetings because I had no idea what to do and they were music pros! During the ceremony my do not play list was respected! haha, and they were very professional! Not a lot of slow songs but a great mix of everything! I think there was VERY few times the dance floor was empty! Throughout the night and time frames communication was kept! You won't be disappointed choosing Burning River! I kept getting told it was so fun and such a blast!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Cara · Married on 09/09/2017

Burning River was amazing. We had a fairly untraditional wedding reception and Eli was still able to capture exactly the feeling we were looking for. It was clear at the reception that his top priority was that my groom and I were enjoying ourselves rather than worrying about everything going right. After dinner, he knew exactly what to play that fit in our vision but still kept the party going! They really made the event so much more memorable.

Joseph · Married on 09/09/2017

I cannot say enough amazing things about this company and about Gene in particular. Every guest after the wedding absolutely raved about the music and the DJ. He went above and beyond to make it the best wedding dance party ever. He was extremely professional and organized during the planning process and we had so so so much fun with him at the wedding. I offer my highest recommendation for this company.

Sent on 09/21/2017

Laura · Married on 07/08/2017

Eli and Gene were AMAZING! I had over 400 people attend my wedding and it seemed like everyone was dancing!! I have had so many ask me who my DJ was...everyone wants to hire them. Eli is the best MC!!! They were easy and fun to work with--I have no complaints. BRE did my lighting and photo booth too. Thank you guys again!!!

Kara · Married on 06/30/2017

Extremely helpful with planning our timeline, fun, and a very nice guy. Gene did a great job and truly helped make sure we had a fabulous time!

Meghdeep · Married on 06/16/2017

Burning River Entertainment was a huge part of why our wedding was such great time! Gene and his group are true professionals and know this industry in and out. From the playlist all the way to the lighting, everything was on point! I couldn’t have been happier with their service!

Sent on 09/26/2017

Mat · Married on 06/08/2017

We used Burning River Entertainment and Eli was our DJ. He was funny, energetic and had the whole wedding dancing all night. He helped with the ceremony, he was fantastic. Guests raved about him after, so much that two of my friends booked him also, based off how well he did at our wedding. I DEFINITELY recommend!!!

Sent on 10/16/2017