Burge Weddings Reviews

Burge Weddings 3
Burge Weddings 4
Burge Weddings 5

Kelly · Married on 06/06/2015

We decided drive out and look at the Burge Plantation after visiting several other wedding venues closer to where we live, and I have to say, we couldn't be happier that we did. Nestled between quiet fields in Mansfield, GA, Burge Plantation has a down home, yet elegant feel. The house is beautiful and has a lot of interesting history and the side buildings all have their own unique character and theme.

From our first tour of the property to our wedding day, Dawn, the on-site wedding coordinator, was extremely helpful and gave us guidance every step of the way. She is very efficient, and I can assure you, no time will be wasted with Dawn :)

Our guests are still raving about the food Chef Andrew prepared. From a lifelong Southerner, the shrimp and grits are by far the best I've ever had.

My husband and I would highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 06/29/2015

Dana · Married on 05/30/2015

In the past two years, Burge Plantation has hosted weddings for two of our four adult children. The most recent wedding was May 30 at the Farmhouse at Oak Hill; a short distance from the main observatory and plantation home on Highway 142.

The venue, food, service, and overall coordination provided by Burge is superb. May 30, 2015 our son was married under the large oak tree at the Farmhouse, with the reception in the open barn. The beautifully restored farm house was opened for the wedding party to change, relax, find refrigerated bottled water, and for restrooms before, during, and after the ceremony. In a word, the venue was stunning - rustic elegance!

The reception was beautiful. Immediately following the ceremony, guests enjoyed refreshing drinks, bacon-wrapped quail breast, appetizer pastries, and cooling breeze in under the barn shade. When photographs were complete, guests enjoyed a buffet meal of salad, amazing grilled fresh vegetables, red potatoes, savory salmon, and succulent tenderloin steak. Unsolicited and frequent comments from guests complimented the delicious food and presentation.

The entire staff at Burge Plantation; including, Dawn Leonetti, the venue manager, provided superior service. We have four children who have all married in the past 11 years. Two were married at Burge Plantation. Our expectations were always exceeded in staff service, quality of food, and presentation of the venue. The staff at Burge strive for excellence; whether a wedding or one-on-one service for any event.

We highly recommend Burge Plantation for your next event.

Sent on 05/31/2015

Ginger · Married on 05/29/2015

I just want to say that I was more than satisfied with this vendor and especially with Dawn Leaonetti and all of the Burge staff. From my first contact with Dawn till the end of the Rehearsal Dinner and Wedding I was so impressed with the amount to time, expertise, and personal touch that she poured into our lives at this time. By the end of the wedding night we felt like Dawn and the staff were more like family than just employees at Burge! I have highly recommended Burge to many people and I will continue to. I can only say that I hope Dawn and the staff are paid well because they represented Burge to the highest quality! If not they may easily be snatched away!!! Just saying!!!

Sent on 06/12/2015

Montana · Married on 05/22/2015

Rehearsal Dinner Heaven!!! The farmhouse at Oakhill is such an absolutely beautiful setting for a wedding, or any event, our guests were amazed. Working with Dawn, the chef, bartenders and all the staff was such a pleasurable experience, we are actually looking for a reason to host another event at the farmhouse. The barn is a new structure, with built in ceiling fans, tables, buffet line and best of all, the bar! The side of the barn has stairs leading to a deck that offers the most amazing view of this beautiful property. In fact, the wedding was held at another venue, we had several comments that the rehearsal dinner food and venue was far superior in quality to the actual wedding & reception. Another positive is that they are not "price gougers" - Other venues seem to "nickel and dime" you , this is not the case at Burge. Very detailed pricing with NO HIDDEN COSTS!! I am looking forward to working with them again in the future.

Sent on 06/03/2015

Lindsay · Married on 05/02/2015

Burge Plantation is an absolutely perfect, picturesque wedding venue! I had the most amazing wedding there 2 weeks ago, and all of my friends and family who attended are still raving about it. Dawn, the wedding coordinator, was amazing. She helped everything run smoothly and even made sure that my husband and I got to eat during all the craziness. She is so organized and definitely knows her stuff when it comes to weddings. The food is absolutely delicious and the bartenders and wait staff were so friendly. The venue's appearance really blew my guests away - all the greenery, trees, gardens, and open space made the wedding naturally beautiful. The cost was very reasonable considering everything that is included, and it's not far from Atlanta (where you will pay an arm and a leg to rent a decent, spacious venue). There are 2 cottages offered with the rental that you can use to get ready in and also stay overnight. My husband and I used one cottage and the bridal party stayed in the other - another $$ saver! I don't have enough good things to say about this place. If you are looking to have a lovely rustic wedding with great food and a wedding coordinator who takes care of everything, go see Burge!

Sent on 05/17/2015

My daughter's wedding was held at Burge Plantation and I cannot imagine a more perfect venue to have a wedding. All our guests raved about the venue. The food was delicious and Dawn, the wedding coordinator, was so helpful. Dawn made the entire day run so smoothly and my daughter said she could not have imagined the wedding being so perfect without Dawn's help. There are so many options on where to hold the wedding ceremony and the reception area is perfect. Both indoors and outdoors with a perfect plan to eat, dance and enjoy the beautiful day. Thank you Dawn and staff for making my daughter's wedding so perfect!

Sent on 05/29/2015

It was the best day of my life and want to do it again. Dawn was amazing and everyone else was amazing too! The sincere thoughts and care taken by everyone at the Burge made it that much more meaningful. You guys truly did everything to make all parties happy and handled it so well. Can't thank you enough. Karin and Grant

Sent on 06/17/2015

Delyce · Married on 04/18/2015

Burge Plantation just hosted my wedding last weekend and I LOVED everything about my day! The moment I laid eyes on Burge for the first time was the minute I knew I HAD to have my wedding there. The staff, especially Dawn, were so sweet and did everything to accommodate my wishes. Rain was a big factor but they provided me with a back up plan and made sure to keep me calm! Luckily, the rain held up and we were able to marry on the front steps of the venue. The food was out of this WORLD, Beef tips and roasted potatoes, YUMMY! The staff also made sure to pack us a to go plate with our wedding cake to have in the cottage we got to stay in the night of our wedding. Our family and friends keep telling us this was the best wedding they have ever been to! Thank you Burge Plantation for helping make our wedding the best day of our lives!

Sent on 04/20/2015

Hope · Married on 04/18/2015

My daughter's wedding was at Burge Plantation this past weekend. It was amazing. The staff was very efficient. The food was superb. Chef Andrew and his crew did such an amazing job, presentation, taste, and quality were unsurpassed. Dawn and her calm demeanor kept bride, mother of the bride, and father of the bride calm, during the planning phase all the way through to the actual ceremony. Rain was a factor, and they had a back up plan, thank god we didn't have to use it. Kaci Marks did an amazing job on the flowers. Steve Reagan got wonderful pictures. Thanks to all

Sent on 04/27/2015

Danielle · Married on 04/11/2015

The Burge is a beautiful place for a wedding! Dawn, the wedding coordinator, is absolutely amazing! She helped us create the wedding of our dreams step by step & was always super helpful, resourceful & very easy to talk to. The food at Burge is incredible! Our guests were raving about it. We chose to have a tapas menu instead of a traditional dinner & it was a huge hit! The resident chef, Andrew is incredible! With this venue, two cottages are included for getting ready prior to your event & overnight stay; they're absolutely lovely! Everything about the location is well maintained & beautiful, which makes for plenty of great photo ops! Every single staff member we encountered was very helpful, nice & eager to make our event a success. We don't have a single complaint. Our day was perfect! We really didn't have to worry about a thing the day of our wedding! Dawn really took care of everything & made our day stress free! If we were to do it all over again, we wouldn't change a thing!!!

This venue is out in the country, so it's nice & quiet. The main house is close to the road, but there are police officers that slowe down traffic during your wedding so you don't hear a bunch of road noise! They really think of everything!!!

The Burge includes so much! We looked at so many places that don't include near this much (chairs, tables, linens, flatware, plates, bartender, off duty police officer, wedding coordinator, cottages, set up/clean up, etc). With everything this venue includes, it is an incredible deal!

If you're a history buff, the Burge is pretty cool as it was built pre-Civil War & was one of the only houses in the area that survived Sherman's destruction.

Sent on 04/14/2015
  • O

Olivia · Married on 03/14/2015

We had a wonderful experience with our wedding at Burge Plantation and feel we really got a great value out of everything. The food was outstanding, and it wasn't just because we were hungry-- we had foodie friends and even some snooty friends comment on how delicious everything was. Dawn was organized leading up to the event and always helpful and responsive, and even though we thought we'd thought of everything, she still had details we needed to consider that helped the day to run smoother. Furthermore, at the rehearsal and on the day of, she was one to two steps ahead at every point from start to finish. The staff was also exceptionally kind-- went out of their way to be helpful and polite, even when not at all necessary. Overall, highly recommended.

Sent on 04/10/2015

Christine · Married on 11/22/2014

Not actually a wedding, but a 50th Wedding Anniversary Party for my parents. It was the best party ever in the history of all parties. 75 people. Divine food. Beautiful place. Excellent staff. It was so easy to plan the event with them. I spend a good bit of time at Burge - I host work events there and also visit for recreation purposes - and it's always a good experience. But this one was the BEST! Chef Andrew is creative and consistently delivers high quality beautiful meals, often using fresh food straight from Burge Organic Farm. John, Mary, and all the other staff have proven to be professional, kind, and totally ON IT; Neely and Dawn to name a few more. Excellent experience this past weekend. Couldn't let it go unheard.

Sent on 11/24/2014

Amelia · Married on 10/26/2014

This venue is what got me excited about planning my wedding. We were on a pretty tight budget but the venue and food were both amazing as well as a great value. I'd reccomend it to anyone.

Sent on 10/27/2014

Carla · Married on 10/26/2014

The venue was perfect. The bride and greom's suites not only met every expectation, but were beautiful backdrops for photos. The plantation house and yard also provided a beautiful setting for the wedding. Dawn, the director of the venue, provided vital assistance to the wedding party and planner as she set everything up, even making helpful suggestions for improvements both in the planning process and on the day of the wedding. The members of the staff were all very friendly and efficient. I would highly recommend Burge plantation for any event.

Sent on 10/30/2014

judy · Married on 10/25/2014

The venue itself is quaint, beautiful, and historic. A trip to the "attic" is a must. The staff is friendly and professional and makes you feel at home. Our daughter's wedding co-ordinator, Dawn, was absolutely instrumental in making things run smoothly. She was efficient, calm, and just plain charming. We couldn't have asked for anything more.

Sent on 10/26/2014

Ryan · Married on 10/25/2014

My husband, Andy, and I were married at Burge yesterday. Everything from concept to completion was nothing short of incredible. This venue exceeded all of our expectations from food, decor, responsiveness, ease to work with and overall enjoyment of our day. Not only is the property beautiful, Dawn Leonetti and the entire Burge staff are exceptional. Our wedding day was perfect, and Burge Plantation played an enormous part in that. We would highly recommend this venue.

Ryan & Andy Williams

Sent on 10/26/2014

Linda · Married on 10/24/2014

Our son and his bride chose Burge Plantation for their fall wedding the first day that they came to visit over a year ago, after having viewed several other recommended venues. The grounds, surrounding scenery, accommodations, and staff were top-notch. There is so much history here. Dawn helped us with planning everything, and made sure that we were happy. The rehearsal dinner was held at Paula's Porch, the food was delicious, and we had so much fun around the bonfire that we didn't leave until after midnight! The wedding could not have been more beautiful, and the reception held in the conservatory was any couple's dream. Thanks so much to Burge, Dawn, and all the staff for an unforgettable wedding weekend. I asked one of the employees who I had noticed had been working so hard all day if he was getting tired. His response was "as long as ya'll are happy, we're happy!" Well, our response to that is, "yes, we are very happy!"

Sent on 10/25/2014

Tracy · Married on 10/18/2014

The Burge Plantation is absolutely Amazing. The venue itself is beautiful with lots of ceremony options. Dawn the wedding planner is not only friendly but very professional and gets the job done. We were so impressed with how our special day went and I could not of ask for anything better. Chef Andrew is an amazing Chef and is very flexible to make sure your menu is the exact way you want it. The whole staff was so friendly and on their toes. I give Burge Weddings 5 stars and highly recommend them for your special day. Thank you all for everything you've done to help make my wedding day amazing !!!!

Sent on 10/19/2014

Sharon · Married on 10/11/2014

This past weekend we celebrated the wedding of our baby girl at Burge Plantation. Of course being the Mother of the bride you want everything to be perfect and it was and so much more with the help of wedding coordinator Dawn Leonetti and the staff at Burge Plantation. Dawn was amazing and the staff was so friendly and accommodating. We just had to show up while Dawn coordinated everything from the ceremony to the send off. She took away all my anxiety so I could relax and enjoy the day. The food was prepared at Burge and was superb! Everyone is still raving about it! We couldn't have picked a more beautiful venue or had a better experience. The bride and groom couldn't be happier and their wedding party and friends said is was the best wedding they have ever been too! Thanks to Dawn Leonetti and the staff at Burge Plantation!

Sent on 10/13/2014

Chelsea · Married on 10/11/2014

This was an amazing venue! Our Wedding coordinator, Dawn, helped us more than we could have ever imagined. Our wedding day was absolutely gorgeous and went off without a hitch thanks to dawn and her team! I would recommend it to anyone!

Sent on 10/22/2014

Kelley · Married on 10/05/2014

In my wildest dreams the wedding could moot have turned out more beautiful! The staff, location and food was over the top! I could not think of any other place that would have been better fee perfect southern wedding.

Sent on 10/11/2014

My husband and I LOVED having our wedding at Burge. It was an incredible experience. Everyone was very helpful and eager to collaborate with us in creating the wedding of our dreams. The venue was beautiful and the food was delicious and prepared with our tastes in mind. I don't think anything could have gone better!

Sent on 10/23/2014

Jessica · Married on 10/04/2014

My son just got married this past weekend (10/4/14) down in GA. The dress rehearsal was a challenge for me because I live in KY and was not familiar with the area. The bride’s mother found a couple of places for me to investigate for the dinner. One of the places she found was Burge Plantation Club in Mansfield GA. I drove down to GA and we (bride, bride’s mother and myself) met with Dawn Leonetti in January of this year and was very pleased with all that we were shown so I reserved the Burge for the dinner. Dawn and I kept in contact through e-mail then in August I went back to GA to finalize the arrangements. I did not go back to the Burge until the evening of the dress rehearsal dinner. Beautiful, amazing, fantastic – I left Dawn in charge of all decorations, decisions on how to place tables, etc. She did a wonderful job. Then there was the food that was incredible. I got back home to KY and the people who had come down for the dress rehearsal dinner and wedding were still talking about how delicious the food was and how beautiful the Burge Plantation was. Being the mother of the groom and living so far away I wanted to please the bride and groom, wanted them to be happy with the choice I had made. I give the Burge Plantation, Dawn and staff a 10+++. Everyone at the Burge was polite, friendly, and helpful. I would highly recommend the Burge Plantation to anyone in that area that is in need of a place for any type of gathering or celebration! Thank you Dawn and Staff!!!!!

Sent on 10/07/2014

Jenna · Married on 10/04/2014

My family visited Burge on August 16, 2013, to inquire about having my daughter’s wedding there. Dawn Leonetti, Burge’s Wedding Director, welcomed us immediately upon our arrival. She was extremely friendly and excited to give us a tour of Burge Plantation’s beautiful grounds and explained all Burge offered. On October 4, 2013, we all decided Burge was THE PLACE! That day, we paid the deposit and reserved the date, for exactly one year later, October 4, 2014, to celebrate Jenna’s & Michael’s wedding. From this date forward, Dawn was there every step of the way, referring vendors, answering questions and giving us guidance to make my daughter’s big day special. Burge provides all tables, linens, chairs, glassware and many delicious food options prepared by the amazing, Chef Andrew. Chef Andrew is very accommodating when it comes to special requests and will customize a menu to fit any needs.
    Holding a wedding at Burge is extremely stress-free! Dawn takes care of everything! We delivered our personal wedding decorations, gifts for our guests, and all the alcohol two days prior to the wedding and told Dawn how we wanted things set for the ceremony and reception. Last Saturday, October, 4, 2014, Dawn and the entire Burge staff did not disappoint! Approximately 175 of our family members and friends gathered at Burge Plantation to celebrate the marriage of Jenna and Michael and tables were arranged and set, and all of our items were placed exactly as we requested them to be! I have received nothing but wonderful reviews from our guests regarding the delicious food, the beautiful grounds, as well as, Dawn and the entire, friendly staff at Burge Plantation. I highly recommend Burge Plantation to anyone who is looking for a wedding venue. Burge offers a lot of bang for your buck! After a year of planning, my daughter’s big day was just as she envisioned. Thank you Dawn, Chef Andrew and staff for an amazing experience!

Sent on 10/12/2014

Jenna · Married on 10/04/2014

My wedding was held on 10/4/14, at Burge Plantation. Dawn Leonetti helped make my wedding planning easy and stress free. Dawn made sure I was happy with everything and she did everything to please me and made sure my big day was as perfect as I dreamt it would be. The food prepared by Chef Andrew was delicious. All of our wedding guests raved about the food and kept talking about how good it was. The entire staff at Burge is so easy going and will do whatever it takes to please you! The staff there made my day perfect and I wouldn't have changed one thing about having my wedding at Burge Plantation. I have and will continue to recommended this venue to friends and family. Everything you need you can find at Burge Plantation! It is the perfect venue for a fairytale wedding!

Sent on 10/12/2014