Burge Weddings Reviews

Burge Weddings 6
Burge Weddings 7
  • Rhonda

Rhonda · Married on 10/20/2018

My husband and I eloped 15 years ago, went through a rough patch and after a year divorced knew we needed to rejoin our family. This time I wanted my "real" wedding and I am so glad we chose Burge!!!! Dawn was such an amazing help for me. She gave me wonderful names for my florets and photographer, both who were amazing. I was so stress free on my amazing, long awaited day and thanks to Dawn, Chef Andrew and the rest of the Burge staff not only was it a perfect day for me but all of my guest and family. Would defiantly recommend. Thank you so much!!!!

Susan · Married on 05/19/2018

My daughter was recently married at Burge Plantation. This incredible wedding venue far exceeded our expectations! The setting was beautiful and the property well maintained. Dawn was an excellent coordinator to work with. She was very attentive and detailed oriented. Dawn was also a calm presence that was much needed during a very stressful time. We were battling the weather on the day of the wedding and Dawn did everything possible so that my daughter could still have her wedding outdoors, as planned. I witnessed Dawn personally wipe down over two hundred rain soaked chairs, not only once, but TWICE before the guests arrived. Chef Andrew helped created a delicious appetizer and wedding menu that all guests enjoyed. The Burge staff were very friendly and accommodating throughout the day to do what was needed. A nice touch at the end of the reception included the owner of Burge checking on our wedding experience and satisfaction, which was wonderful!

Burge Weddings 8
    Burge Weddings 13
    Burge Weddings 14
    Burge Weddings 15

Nancy · Married on 04/21/2018

We were so pleased our daughter and son-in-law chose Burge for their wedding venue. Burge's wedding planner, Dawn, was always prepared to answer our questions and to ask us important questions. The rehearsal dinner, wedding and reception were all a huge success. The property is just beautiful! Our guests are still talking about how delicious the food was - the choices Burge has are wonderful. We attended the food tasting where you can sample many of the offerings. Our guests are also telling us how relaxed everyone seemed - no stress - because the staff did such an amazing job that everything flowed so smoothly and we were able to enjoy all of it!

Rebecca · Married on 10/21/2017

After almost giving up hope on finding an all around affordable yet quality venue, my fiancé and I stumbled upon Burge Plantation. We reached out for information and immediately knew we had found THE place. The pricing is what we first noticed about Burge and how it was something that we could afford and still be able to have a honeymoon too. Then we met with Dawn who quickly was able to answer any questions we had as well as being very flexible in being able to meet and discuss your dream wedding. The responses we received even a year out in our planning process made us feel like our event was the only event for the next twelve months. We were always included in each tasting and even went twice because it was that amazing. At the tastings you not only get to gain confidence in the chef but the service you will receive as well. When storms this year knocked down a tree Burge was quick to clean up and the grounds were always well maintained. There are also so many places to take pictures. Dawn made sure to ask every question so I didn’t even have to worry about forgetting anything. In our trips up to the venue in the weeks before every staff member was friendly and willing to help and even let you know that they are looking forward to your big day just like they were a guest. Dawn handeled the rehearsal and managed all of our different family members effortlessly. On the day of she made sure to keep us in the loop, send pictures, and ask questions. She knew what we wanted and made it even better than we could have ever imagined. Dawn and her team are unbelievable. They were all smiling and helpful. The food was the best wedding food all of our guests have ever had. Chef Andrew helped customize a menu that fit us as a couple and everyone is still talking about it. Burge isn’t a their way or no way place. They customize and create the wedding of your dreams and my husband and I can’t thank Dawn, Chef Andrew, and the amazing Burge staff enough.

Burge Weddings 16

Lisa · Married on 10/20/2017

Our recent experience hosting a rehearsal dinner at Burge Plantation was everything we had hoped it would be for our guests. Planning the event with Dawn and the whole team at Burge was easy, from the menu to the tables to the tents and stage for the band. The Burge team really delivered both the hospitality and the experience we envisioned for a southern dinner. We have already started recommending Burge to our friends who are planning weddings other special events for their families. Thank you Burge Plantation team.

Burge Weddings 17
    Burge Weddings 18

Caroline · Married on 10/07/2017

Where do I even begin?! There are no words that could describe how amazing everything about Burge Plantation is. I have been going to Burge every since I was a little girl, so when my fiance and I started the wedding planning process we immediately knew that we wanted to have our wedding at Burge and it could not have been more perfect. I could go on and on, so I will try and point out some of the highlights (even though everything about the entire weekend was a highlight). The food - absolutely delicious! Chef Andrew is truly talented and our guests were raving about the menu all night. The venue - simply stunning. We had our ceremony on the front lawn of the main house and the reception (dinner and dancing) in and around the Conservatory. What originally had me "sold" on the location for the reception was the floor to ceiling windows, the outdoor patios, and the overall simplicity which allowed for tons of gorgeous natural light. The staff - inviting, incredible service, and easy to work with (you never had to tell them anything twice). The wedding planning process and cite visits - easy and not stressful. Lastly, Dawn - the wedding coordinator - who deserves her own category. Dawn is a true angel and does her job perfectly. From start to end, she made the entire process fun and really enjoyable! Dawn is the type of person, which I know all brides and their family's appreciate, that you never have to tell her anything twice. She is incredibly efficient and very detailed (which I really appreciated). She was by my side every step of the way, and on my wedding day. I honestly do not know what I would have done without her. Dawn made our wedding day - and the entire weekend - absolutely perfect and a true dream come true! Burge Plantation is the perfect place for a wedding! Thank you guys for everything!

Megan · Married on 09/30/2017

Burge was our dream wedding venue! The entire staff made sure that every detail was flawless and it was a night to remember. Dawn was incredible from start to finish. She was such a pleasure to spend time with, was helpful with every question big or small at all hours of the day and had fun with us as well. Staying at the property helped relieve stress and gave us a ton of comfort. All of our guests could not stop raving about the food, many of our guests are in the restaurant or hospitality industry and said it was the best food they ever ate. Burge was my husband's choice of venue and I am so lucky to have found Burge and to have a wedding that could not be topped!

Burge Weddings 19
    Burge Weddings 20
    Burge Weddings 21
    Burge Weddings 22
    Burge Weddings 23
    Burge Weddings 24

Barbi · Married on 09/30/2017

Thank you again! It was great working with you all. Thank you for making the wedding perfect! Dale and Barbi

Sarah · Married on 09/16/2017

Our daughter was recently married at the Farmhouse at Oakhill at Burge Plantation.
    From the moment we first visited with Dawn, the wedding coordinator, we knew we were in good hands. Her kind, patient demeanor was a breath of fresh air as we were making wedding plans. After meeting her, my daughter was confident that Dawn would do a great job, and she surpassed our expectations! From the beautiful farmhouse and grounds to the scrumptious food served at the reception, Dawn and Burge Plantation delivered a wedding venue that will be remembered by my family for ages! Thanks to them, our wedding experience was absolutely wonderful!

Thank you, again, Dawn, for a wonderful wedding experience!
    Sarah and Mark Whiting

Jessi · Married on 09/16/2017

My husband and I were married at the Oakhill Farmhouse at Burge Plantation last week. We could not be more pleased with everything that Burge has to offer. From the moment we toured the property and met Dawn, we knew without a doubt that Burge would be the perfect wedding venue for us. Everything and everyone absolutely exceeded our expectations! Dawn was so helpful and knowledgable throughout every step of the planning process. The venue is stunning, the food is exquisite, and the staff is delightful. Thanks to Dawn and everyone at Burge, our wedding day was better than we ever could have dreamed!

Kathy · Married on 08/18/2017

I wanted to plan an elegant luncheon for my Niece's Bridal Party and WOW did Dawn Leonetti ever deliver. I met with Dawn and took her advice as she presented options on the room, table arrangements and food. Dawn incorporated "special details" into the occasion with her personal touch. She handled everything, even providing the flowers from the Burge Plantation. Such a beautiful table.... Kudos to the Chef for a scrumptious meal - the food was excellent. And, many thanks to our attentive servers who were personable and engaging. The entire day was Amazing. I had an impeccable experience and cannot wait for another celebration so that I can use the Plantation again . Many, Many Thanks

Terri · Married on 07/08/2017

Burge was the perfect venue for my daughter's wedding in July of 2017! Dawn is an amazing event coordinator, the entire staff was so accommodating, the food was scrumptiously delicious, and every detail was handled. They made it so easy for us and we enjoyed every second. Thanks Burge for giving my daughter her dream wedding!

Linda · Married on 06/03/2017

Dawn was awesome! Every detail of our experience was covered. The whole weekend and the year leading up to the wedding was perfect! Thank you all so much!

Emily · Married on 06/03/2017

Wow! I do not even know what to say about the place or the staff! They made my wedding day perfect. Dawn sure does know how to throw a wedding/ reception. Food is great and the plantation is stunning! Would recommend this place to anyone!

David · Married on 05/20/2017

Thank you so much for all of your help Dawn! Building up to the wedding and helping us "weather the storm"! We had such a wonderful time at The Burge. It was the perfect place for us to say "I Do" and celebrate with friends and family!
    Thank you!

erica · Married on 10/22/2016

n my opinion, there is no other wedding venue that I have been to or toured that even came close to the Burge Plantation. The property is breathtakingly beautiful and offers the perfect mix of outdoor farm style wedding with a classy and charming twist. The conservatory, which is where we had our reception was perfect! It allowed our guests to be both indoors and outdoors, which helped me stress less as a bride and having to worry about what to do if it rained on my wedding day. In addition to the beautiful surroundings, the food was incredible! All of our guests, loved the food and there are so many options available. I had several people tell us that it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding before! Including the property and amazing food the thing that will always impress me about the burge is how incredible each and every staff member was from the beginning to end. Dawn, the wedding coordinator, made sure my husband and I had an amazing wedding day. She went the extra mile and to me that is priceless and something that is rare in the wedding industry. I cannot say enough good things about the Burge Plantation! I will always be so thankful and blessed to have had the wedding of my dreams at the Burge and would recommend it to any bride, couple, or parents looking for the perfect venue that has it all!

• W

Winn · Married on 10/15/2016

Wow, just Wow. I knew from the moment I stepped foot on the Burge property that this was IT but it exceeded my highest expectations! The setting was stunning, the planner was the bomb.com, and the food was out of this world; everything was amazing!

First and foremost, Dawn, she is beyond amazing!!!! She was incredibly helpful, fun to be around and calming from the moment you sit down with her to plan all the little details it takes to make a perfect weekend. Dawn is the complete package and I couldn't have done it without her. She was so wonderful to work with and made our magical day come to life. She was so organized and made everything FLAWLESS!! (Coming from an incredibly OCD Bride!)

Next, the FOOD. O.M.G THE FOOD!!!! I only wish I could have more as I am salivating just thinking about it. Actually, we might just go back to the next tasting to enjoy it again! :) But really, Chef Andrew made the weekend. David and I are huge foodies and every meal just blew us (and all of our guests) completely out of the water. Plump Bacon Wrapped Scallops to Organic Free-Range Chicken to a Chicken and Waffles Brunch and to end the weekend with Shrimp and Grits, Veggie Mac and Cheese and the most delicious tenderloin you will ever put in your mouth.

This venue is the perfect package. It is a beautiful setting where elegance and the outdoors meet. We were married between two beautiful large trees in the front lawn with a beautiful plantation home in the background. Our guests weren't even off the grassy lawn before being greeted with a glass of champagne on the 15 step walk to the reception site through the Chef Andrew's Herb Garden. The reception area was amazing being able to have both an indoor and outdoor setup. Our guests were able to enjoy games, amazing hors d'oeuvres, fireplaces and firepits in this amazing setting while they waited for our arrival.

We couldn't have had more of a perfect weekend, thank you Burge!!!!!!!

Alexandria · Married on 10/08/2016

Go out and take a look at Burge and meet with Dawn. After your first visit, you should be able to know if it is right for you or not. Excellent venue! It was perfect for my wedding day!

Meredith · Married on 10/02/2016

Everything was perfect! The staff were all kind and attentive. Dawn was absolutely amazing! She helped to make the day run smoothly and was wonderful in all of the planning meetings.

Melanie · Married on 10/02/2016

I can't say enough wonderful things about Burge Plantation. The wedding coordinator, Dawn, is extremely responsive, encouraging, and organized! She made the venue planning a breeze. My wedding day was smooth and enjoyable thanks to Dawn and the staff at Burge Plantation. Besides the beautiful scenery, my favorite part was the food- everything was DELICIOUS! Make sure to attend one of their annual tastings just so you can have the food twice :)

Ashley · Married on 09/24/2016

I was a guest at our friend's daughter's wedding recently and want to thank Dawn for a wonderful weekend! We had a really nice time and the property is absolutely gorgeous! Love the cabin...it's furnishing and everything about it! I just wish my husband had been able to come with us....he would have never left the Burge! The wedding was beautiful and Dawn did a wonderful job with everything and everyone! You are the best! I would love to come back, it was awesome!! Thanks for everything!!! Ashley

Tom · Married on 09/24/2016

I don’t know what to say or how to say it but “WOW”. You two pulled off the most meticulous, enjoyable, fun, delicious, and memorable wedding of the century! Over my 70+ years I have been to a lot of events, weddings etc., but none that went off without a hitch or complaint. This wedding had neither! Our guests from Michigan, Chicago, New York and Miami were so amazed from the start of the evening on Friday night until after breakfast on Sunday morning and continued to praise the food, the accommodations and the whole place. Dawn, I have never seen anyone so organized, do so many things at one time and always smiling! Andrew, there were so many complements on the food and your interaction with the guests, that I cannot even begin to count them! I don’t know how you do it. Thank you again on behalf of Elizabeth and Joey and the entire McAuley family. Ya’ll are the best! Tom & Georgia

Lasley · Married on 09/17/2016

Such great help and support through planning to execution. We celebrate the whole team and the ways you all worked together for the entire weekend to make this very special event fluid, fun, and beyond anything we could have hoped for. Oh- and no rain and a full moon! How did you do that? Thank you all.

Cathy · Married on 09/17/2016

Where do we begin? We are still floating after Mary Catherine and Zack's beautiful and amazing wedding weekend at Burge. Thank you for your wonderful organizational skills for the entire process. Your vendor recommendations were so helpful and your availability to respond to my texts and emails was greatly appreciated. The staff was wonderful throughout the entire weekend- the food was outstanding- everyone has said that. Thank you for getting all of the cabins ready, the welcome baskets delivered, coordinating everything. It was an unforgetable, elegant weekend and wedding. Thank you from all of the Groome family. Cathy Groome