Bull City Syndicate Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

C G Married on 05/15/2021

10 out of 10

Bull City Syndicate performed for us in their other incarnation, Captain & The Keels last weekend in Va Beach.

Can't remember the last time we had so much fun - even prior to the last year we had. This band is the real deal, and anyone interested in having the time of their life need not look any further than than this band. Professional, fun, courteous, creative, cool, great song list, energetic...I've run out of adjectives.

Thanks to the band for bringing the funk, and for driving 3.5 hours both ways to create an evening we will never forget!

If you want a night like that, they will produce. If that's what you want, then look no further. Thanks a ton!
    Grace B. Married on 05/01/2021

Best Wedding Band!!

Look no further for a band ... they are fantastic. Great songs, great energy and great people! Steve was very easy to work with, quick with responding to questions and knows how to keep your guests dancing! We had a packed dance floor from the moment they started till the last song!!
    Joe G. Married on 04/30/2021

Energy and atmosphere

Cant say enough about the experience we had dealing with Steve beforehand and then the whole band during our big day. From early on, they were responsive and clear with their communication about details and service.
    As the wedding day approached Steve made sure to reach out and discuss final details with myself and our coordinator.
    They arrived on time and ready to rock. Full band, quality equipment, light show and tons of energy.
    I even told them I wish I could have been a guest at my own wedding so I could stand back and take it all in. We recieved so many compliments and kind words on how great the BCS Express were.
    I felt their cost was super reasonable at time of contract signing considering all they bring to the table. But after all has been said and done, I would say they are a tremendous value. A one stop shop for entertainment. Life cocktail hour, full reception sets, DJ between sets, MC for the event, light show etc all for one price. Truly a great time, and a pleasure to experience.

• Jordan
    Jordan Married on 05/04/2019

Best Decision Ever!

Bull City Syndicate was everything that we wanted for our wedding. I had seen them at a previous wedding and knew that I just had to have them when our big day came. It was extremely important to us that guests would be able to dance the night away, and they did not disappoint!! Working with Steve was super easy, as he was extremely responsive and helpful leading up to the event. The set list was exactly what we wanted and the group really got the crowd moving and grooving all night long. Guests were commenting all night and for weeks after the event on how great the band was, and everyone stayed dancing until the very end of the night. Best wedding band ever!
  • W
    Wil W. Married on 11/14/2018

Rocked the House!

We can't praise BCS enough for the show they put on at our wedding reception in Smithfield NC. From the very beginning Steve was an absolute pleasure to work with. You'll be hard pressed to find a better sounding group who can perform so many songs.

I wanted a Horn Band, but we got more than a Horn Band. We got a group of true professionals with a wide ranging sound who rocked the house! If you want everyone dancing, book BCS. No way you'll be disappointed.

Thanks BCS! We'll forever remember the best night of our lives!
    Peter Married on 05/19/2018
    This band rocked. Our guests loved them and everyone had a blast. They read the crowd perfectly and got everyone dancing.

They were super flexible and easy to work with.
    Jean Married on 01/27/2018
    If you want a top notch AMAZING band with a variety of songs that will have your guests dancing and having a blast, I GUARANTEE Bull City Syndicate is THE choice!! So impressed with their performance for our Ravenscroft School Gala! Steve is truly the BEST!!! THANK YOU AGAIN!!
    Luisa Event on: 01/26/2018
    The best decision we made for our school Gala was to have Bull City Syndicate band! It was the first time the school had a band at the auction Gala and it was a complete success! The music was amazing and we all had a blast! Thank you so much!!
    Meredith Married on 11/23/2017
    Bull City Syndicate was one of the best decisions we made when it came to planning our wedding. From the very beginning, Steve was very responsive and easy to communicate with. The entire band was professional and talented, and there wasn't a moment when the dance floor wasn't full. We had multiple people remark that it was the best wedding band they had ever seen. We have absolutely no regrets about hiring them, and wish we could do it all over again! We are so grateful to BCS for helping us have the best night of our lives.
    Matt Married on 10/28/2017
    Bull City Syndicate was one of the BEST elements of our wedding! The ability for a band to sustain the energy of an event and its guests can’t be underestimated. BCS brings a level of experience and professionalism that allows them to read and gauge the crowd and adjust their playlist accordingly. They also accommodated our first dance song with flawless execution. We still have guests raving about how great the band was!
    Jane Married on 10/14/2017
    Bull City Syndicate did an EXCEPTIONAL job at our wedding on October 14, 2017. They were so easy to work with and they played every song I requested live during the ceremony perfectly! I couldn't recommend them enough!
    Diane Married on 09/23/2017
    WOW!! THIS IS THE WEDDING BAND TO HIRE! My daughter and son-in-law's number one priority when planning their wedding was to find a great band that would get everyone on the dance floor. Bull City Syndicate certainly delivered! From the first call with Steve through the final song of the night at the reception, they were amazing and in every conversation about the wedding there is mention of "THE BAND". THANKS BULL CITY SYNDICATE for an amazing evening!
    K Married on 09/03/2017
    Great experience and fabulous music!
    Alex A. Married on 09/03/2017
    Bull City Syndicate was fantastic! The price included playing at the wedding, cocktail hour and the reception. Steve was fabulous to work with and their song list can't be beat. No one ever left the dance floor! They know how to engage their audience and they made our daughter's wedding better than we could have imagined. Still smiling!
    Randy Married on 07/23/2017
    My daughter and now (son-in-law) love music and wanted a powerful band that would cater to all ages and genre. Well, Bull City Syndicate came through "in spades"! Their song selection was perfect! I mean, the teens loved them! the adults loved them! Even the conservative non-dancers loved them and, Yes...danced! The floor was packed! It is a tribute to the professionalism they bring as a "top-of-the-heap" band! Impressive "Tower of Power" horns! Soulful lead vox "to write home about". One of the things I loved about the band is their ability to come through in emergency situations! I woke up to screams that our wedding planner was in the hospital! Was on the phone immediately with the band's manager and was like, "No problem. We'll be there early to setup." What?! They worked with the interim wedding planner (my wife) who had a million things going on, but they (the band) was there working with every detail...sound system, ceremony music, stage striking in-between ceremony/reception, and every detail thrown at them! The VALUE for this kind of talent is off the charts! You get what you pay for and...wedding bands are no exception! Without a doubt one of the best bands this side of the east coast. I've been to too many weddings where a DJ turns on his iPhone. Well, there is nothing like "live" entertainment and when people were not dancing, they were truly being entertained by the live performance! The bride & groom were very pleased and that makes the Father & the Mother of the bride gleam with pride! Hats off to Bull City Syndicate! If this is truly your special day...Don't do a DJ! Hire the best...Bull City Syndicate!
    Sabrina Married on 05/20/2017
    Bull City Syndicate was the PERFECT choice for our Daughters Wedding. They were able to accommodate our song requests and had everyone on the dance floor the whole wedding! Our guests still tell us how great the band was and how much fun they had!
    Andy Married on 10/01/2016
    Bull City Syndicate played for my daughters wedding and did a fantastic job. One person after another at the reception told me how awesome the band was. I'm still hearing great feedback a month later. I've worked with them in the past and will again a month from now for a future event. If you need a band that can deliver, Bull City Syndicate is the band!
  • User2857460 2+ years ago
    We absolutely loved Bull City Syndicate. They played all types of music and got our friends and family up and dancing. All of our guests have told us how much they enjoyed them. Would highly highly recommend Bull City!!
    Lindsay Married on 09/24/2016
    BCS played for my wedding reception, and as the Bride one the most important aspects of my reception was that it was a huge party with non stop dancing and I can say hands down that BCS rocked the house!!!! No one left the dance floor let alone the SIDES of the dance floor!! Everyone was dancing! From the horns, to the vocals, to the overall performance and song choice BCS absolutely blew it out of the water and made my reception exceptional! They even stayed an extra 30 minutes after my new husband and I left to keep the party going! You guys were AMAZING! Thank you so much for such a fun night!!!
    Sofija Married on 09/03/2016
    Bull City Syndicate made our night. They were such an incredible band, had a wonderful stage presence, and were able to really work our crowd. All of our guests said that they were the best part of the night, and really played music tailored around what guests tended to be responding to at the time.
    Anthony Married on 06/25/2016
    Awesome, awesome, awesome band!!! Professional, courteous, put-together, great sound.....the whole package. You can't go wrong with Bull City Syndicate!
    C A Married on 06/10/2016
    Steve and Bull City Syndicate made sure we all had a great time at my wedding this summer. They exceeded every expectation in professionalism and responsiveness. That's not something one should take for granted during wedding planning or even the event itself.

What set the band apart, for me, and created such a memorable experience was a surprise dedicated song in my favorite style of music. Little things like that make for a next level experience and that's why I'd eagerly recommend Bull City Syndicate to my friends and family.
    Hillary Married on 05/28/2016
    After researching multiple bands for our May wedding we decided to go with BCS based on their amazing reviews online, and boy did they not disappoint! Steve was great to work with throughout the whole process, taking the time to put together an awesome playlist that had the dance floor packed all night long! I can't even begin to count the number of compliments we heard (and are still hearing) from our guests! Bull City Syndicate was truly the life of the party! You will not regret hiring them for your next event.
    Lisa Married on 05/22/2016
    After my mother saw BCS at a wedding two years ago, she was set on having them play for ours, and we are so glad we listened to her! They are incredible! They are fun, energetic, and know how to get (and keep) the party going! Everyone at our wedding was out on the dance floor - even my 93 year old grandmother! Its been 2 months and our guests are still raving about this band and they fun that they had. Their song selection is huge, there was really something for everyone. And if you request a song before the wedding, they are happy to learn it!
    We loved working with Steve and BCS Express! We are so happy with their performance, and hope to see them again sometime in the near future!