Bula Akamu Reviews

190 | Kailua Kona, HI

190 Reviews for Bula Akamu

Susan · Married on 07/16/2016

It was wonderful! The guitar music for my wedding ceremony was perfect - well, maybe I was too nervous to notice, but everyone else enjoyed it very much. My friend sang a song during the ceremony, and Bula helped to set up the equipment so that the background music was flawless. Would definitely recommend Bula!

Sent on 11/11/2016

Christine · Married on 07/07/2016

We hired Bula to sing for our wedding ceremony and reception in July 2016. Bula went above and beyond our expectations. He showed up early and stayed later than expected. The lights and sound system were top notch and really helped create an atmosphere that left a lasting impression with our guests. And also made for great photos! I would highly recommend spending the extra money to hire the bass player for a few hours during the reception. He's great too and it's his dad! Bula is just a wonderful person and exceptionally talented. He sounds amazing in person! My only recommendation would be for him to bring copies his CD's to every event in the future. I had many of my guests ask me for his website because they wanted to purchase his CD.

Sent on 10/18/2016

Jennifer · Married on 06/16/2016

Bula was AMAZING! Prior to the wedding we spoke repeatedly to coordinate a song list (although small as it was only the groom and I) and he was really accommodating to what we wanted. He really took time to make sure we were happy and was very flexible when we changed our ceremony time a few weeks prior. The day of he arrived on time, set up, and started playing. It was great to not have to manage or direct while trying to get myself ready. He played BEAUTIFULLY and his ukulele rendition of "Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith was the best way to walk down the aisle and I keep thinking about it. I could have listened to him play all evening. I am beyond happy and want to repeatedly thank him for being a part of our big day!

Sent on 06/29/2016
  • W

Wade · Married on 06/10/2016

Awesome entertainer all around! Everyone who attended our wedding commented on the amazing music. Thank you!

Sent on 08/21/2016

Ryan · Married on 03/24/2016

The music was perfect for our special occasion! The ukulele gave our wedding ceremony tha Hawaiian feel we had always hoped for.

Sent on 04/25/2016

Kacey · Married on 03/21/2016

Bula was AMAZING! From the first inquiry through the wedding he was very kind, responsive, and took the time to try and get to know us as a couple as best he could before the wedding. Our guests were very impressed, and he offers an incredible song list. I would definitely recommend Bula for your wedding musician!

Sent on 04/14/2016

Adam · Married on 03/19/2016

We had Bula perform at our wedding in Waikoloa in March, 2016. We'd watched/listened to a few videos of Bula so we knew his playing and singing would be fantastic. Bula was fantastic to work with, so easy-going and professional (even with our last minute set-list changes). We had planned a part in the ceremony where we'd asked Bula to play a song while we took a bit of an interlude. He recommended that instead of just standing there, facing the crowd (as we thought we'd do), that we should turn around, face the ocean, listen to the song, and have a private moment together. That was great advice! It was one of the greatest moments in my life! Bula was absolute fantastic and I couldn't recommend him highly enough!

Sent on 03/29/2016

I only had a month to plan my wedding and I am so happy that I had Bula as my wedding musician! Communication was smooth until the wedding day(and even after), and I liked how he gave me a very long list of songs to choose from. Everything went perfectly..better than my expectation.

Sara · Married on 03/02/2016

Bula was amazing! He is an extremely talented musician. He played ukulele and sang during our ceremony at the Royal Kona in March 2016. His performance truly enhanced our ceremony and he played exactly the songs we requested (including Grow Old With You from The Wedding Singer...a song we were surprised and excited to see on his list!). Our guests just loved him and were impressed with Bula as well. Thank you, Bula!

Jeffrey · Married on 02/18/2016

Bula is a fantastic musician who played at our Wedding Ceremony. He was such a hit with all our guests, we (and our guests) purchased his CD. He provided us with such an authentic Hawaiian feel to our wedding. It was awesome! Bula has an amazing voice, he is extremely friendly and met all our expectations.

Maria · Married on 01/13/2016

Bula was amazing at our wedding. He played the ukulele and sang during our ceremony and for part of our reception. He is truly talented with a beautiful voice. Looking back on our wedding video, his music definitely pulls on the heart strings.

Sent on 04/24/2016

Bula did a great job and I would highly recommend him for other events.

Sent on 12/29/2015

Alex · Married on 11/29/2015

He did an amazing job blending into the background of our ceremony creating an atmosphere perfect for a beach wedding!

Sent on 12/31/2015

Bula's extensive song list was impressive, plus his style and energy brought a wonderful sense of ahola spirit to our wedding and reception. Bula played solo for the wedding and social hour immediately after, with his full band coming onboard for the reception. Bula mc'd the event and his energy kept everyone loose, having fun, and brought a feeling of Ohana into the entire day that was truly special.

Everyone raved about the music, the atmosphere Bula and his band set. The tone and pace of the music made the ceremony and social hour feel intimate, while the band and mc'ing brought energy and everyone to the dance floor for hours of fun. Thank you Bula for making our day extraordinary, and we would definitely recommend him to anyone!

Tia · Married on 10/28/2015

Bula has a gorgeous voice that fits perfectly with beautiful Hawaiian Music. I was actually looking forward to hearing him sing as soon as I chose him to be our performer. In the selection questionnaire he advertises himself very well. His picture made him look like a local celebrity and his music selection was outstanding. I would recommend Bula for all Hawaiian wedding. He definitely added that special touch to our perfect wedding. Thank you, Bula.

Crystal · Married on 10/08/2015

Bula was flexible and sounded amazing for our intimate wedding in Kauai on the beach. He memorized the song we wanted to walk out to and he stayed to the music that we picked for the evening. I would recommend him to anyone wanted to get married in Hawaii.

Sent on 12/28/2015

Caroline · Married on 10/01/2015

Bula provided a fantastic array of music for my ceremony. He played the songs as requested and I also gave him some freedom to play some local Hawaiian music on his ukulele and it was beautiful. He has a beautiful voice. Couldn't recommend him more!!

Brittany · Married on 09/19/2015

Bula was the hit of our wedding for sure! He was absolutely amazing. His voice is great and his covers are on point! We also had him bring a hula dancer and she was such a perfect touch to our wedding as well. Bula went above and beyond at our reception, he did a fun group dance and song that we weren't excepting but loved! I wish I lived here and could recommend him to everyone on the island. He is the best!!!

Sent on 09/21/2015

Kimi · Married on 09/03/2015

Bula is an amazing musician. Everyone loved his music. He definitely helped make our ceremony and wedding day memorable. He was able to accommodate playing the ukulele for certain songs I wanted and playing the guitar for other songs. He went above and beyond my expectations. And truly helped make our wedding the Best Day Ever.

Sent on 12/30/2015

Bula has a wonderful voice, accomodating with current songs, played both the guitar and ukelele for ceremony, was open to making announcements for wedding party prior to the DJ beginning, and his beautiful appearance added to the Hawaiian Wedding Celebration. Bula was Awesome!!

• I

Irene · Married on 08/22/2015

My husband and I had always dreamt of having a small wedding ceremony/reception in Hawaii, having never step foot in Hawaii before or knowing anyone there we relied heavily on online reviews and youtube videos when searching for our source of entertainment. If you are a couple searching for live entertainment, look no further and book Bula now! From the moment we heard Bulas voice on the Youtube video, we knew we wanted him for our wedding and indeed he was the perfect fit for our day.

We wanted to give our guests a memorable experience and having Bula perform for our wedding made the experience that much more personable. Bula was understanding, flexible and accommodating and even agreed to travel to Oahu to play for our wedding. We are so thankful that he agreed to be our musician. Bula's voice is soulful and captivating, he bought so much energy and aloha spirit to our special day that our guests continue to rave about our wedding. Bula has an extensive song list but we requested him to learn 2 songs for us that was special to us and both songs were exceptionally performed.

Bula was the best addition to our wedding and well worth every penny spent. We are honored to of had him serenade us with his talented voice throughout our ceremony and reception, thank you for giving us such a memorable evening that we will never forget.

Sent on 10/11/2015

Jessica · Married on 08/08/2015

We had requested a special song for the wedding processional. Bula completed our vision for this moment. His voice is beautiful and the speed that he took the song was perfect. His music was one of the highlights of our ceremony.

Sent on 01/02/2016

Bula is such a talented individual! I remember watching his videos on youtube months before the wedding to help me select a song. Such a beautiful voice that literally takes your breathe away. I thought that his singing along with the guitar was great enough for our special day. However, once I was walking down to the canopy, I was overwhelmed by the sounds of Bula and his musicians. It was as though my wedding was apart of a movie. The music was breathetaking and I could not hold in my tears from how it moved me. Bula made our wedding more romantic than any decorations or words that could have been added. We are so grateful for a talented singer/musician to have been recommended for our wedding. If you are seeking a great value for an outstanding quality of service and professionalism, it is not even a question to have Bula Akamu create the mood for your wedding to be talked about months after!

Amanda · Married on 07/23/2015

Bula was absolutely the best choice for our ceremony music! We did not have any guests at our wedding, it was just my husband and me. Bula played the ukulele during the ceremony, and the guitar during our private dinner. We had a pretty specific list of songs we wanted to hear during the ceremony, and Bula followed our list perfectly. He was so professional and courteous. When we walked from the ceremony site to the dinner, he walked behind us playing the ukulele. His playing and singing is absolutely gorgeous, and he really captured the feeling we wanted for our wedding. His presence at our wedding really made the wedding feel complete. I could go on and on raving about Bula, but the bottom line is you will receive so much more than you could imagine from his beautiful music.

Erin · Married on 07/10/2015

People say that your wedding day is one of the best days of your life. That could not be made more true. We owe a huge part of the beauty of our wedding day, to our musician, Bula Akumu. We were married in the Hawaiian sand of Kona, family and friends surrounding us with their love and support. As I walked down the aisle, all eyes on the love of my life; it simply was pure perfection and everything we wanted in a Hawaiian ceremony. The music for our wedding day was just beautiful and memorable in every way. We highly recommend music by Bula Akumu as your wedding guests are perhaps arriving to the ceremony, as you walk down the aisle and as you and your love conclude the ceremony. With the sounds of the ocean nearby, sand in your toes, a respected musician at your wedding is a must! We have such beautiful memories of our wedding day and hope you and yours do as well! With love, Erin & John