Bula Akamu Reviews

190 | Kailua Kona, HI

190 Reviews for Bula Akamu

Maria · Married on 05/27/2017

Bula has a beautiful voice and is a very talented musician. He was professional, very sweet, and has a beautiful voice. I would highly recommend him for future weddings. He is the obvious choice in my book.

Sent on 11/29/2016

Damon · Married on 05/24/2017

Bula's music truely made our wedding day even more special than it already was! I would highly recommend him for your event!

Sent on 08/23/2017

T · Married on 05/17/2017

Bula was great at our wedding.
    He was super flexible and everything went well.

Sent on 09/13/2017

Leah · Married on 05/04/2017

Bula was amazing. Everyone at the wedding commented on how beautiful he sang. We were completely shocked at how professional he sounds live. His true talent showed through. I highly recommend Bula Akamu.

Sent on 08/12/2017

Ashley · Married on 05/03/2017

Bula was a great addition to our small intimate wedding. His beautiful voice paired with his talent on the guitar set the mood of our wedding. His acoustic version of Marry Me by Train for my walk down the sandy aisle was amazing! I would definitely recommend any future bride and groom to choose Bula to play at their wedding. Bula thanks again for being part of our special day!!!!

Sent on 08/11/2017

Seiko · Married on 04/06/2017

He is so professional and the performance and singing was great!

Sent on 08/16/2017

Cathy · Married on 04/01/2017

The voice I wanted at our wedding! Thanks so much for making our wedding perfect even with the rain we got. Mahalo, can't wait to have you play at our home ;)

Sent on 08/18/2017

Tyrin · Married on 03/18/2017

Our wedding was one of the most memorable moments in our life. Huge thanks to Bula Akamu for his great melodies. He had the most calming melodies to set such a beautiful mood before our vows down by the water. Then surprised us with his awesome voice and great upbeat vibes to keep the party going for hours after. Also on a side note, he did some GREAT MCing. I highly recommend him for weddings as well as other family events. Thanks again Bula!!

With Love,
    THE AONOS

Sent on 10/29/2017

Sarah · Married on 02/27/2017

I hired Bula to play a 2 hour gig for our wedding ceremony this past February. Not only was he professional, and an amazing artist, but he was extremely generous and stayed on for the evening when our DJ decided not to show. We consider ourselves incredibly lucky that he was not booked right after, and are beyond thankful for his flexibility and willingness to stay.

Best of all, this guy sounds amazing, and is cute to boot (is that okay to say?)! Even if he hadn't stayed for the evening, he would already be getting a 5 star review. He's seriously worth every penny. Our guests kept saying how incredible he sounded! He also spotted whales breaching in the ocean before our ceremony began (no joke), and pointed it out to all the guests, at which point he sang a short song about whales-- sadly, the wedding party was getting ready to walk out so I didn't get to see or hear all this happen!

Sent on 03/20/2017

Janice · Married on 02/25/2017

Bula was amazing! Not only was he "real" Hawai'i, he was able to accommodate any and all requests from the wedding party and guest. We all enjoyed his musical accompaniment during the ceremony, he also stayed and provided the music for the reception....it was a wonderful evening all around, and Bula was a very big part of all that. He was wonderful all around!

Sent on 03/27/2017

jerid · Married on 02/10/2017

Amazing singer and great personality bula is the best, i would recommend him to everyone..thank you Bula!

Sent on 02/10/2017

Angela · Married on 02/09/2017

Bula is a very talented musician and performed our wedding processional and recessional songs so beautifully! I highly recommend him.

Sent on 08/18/2017

Cassandra · Married on 01/16/2017

This man is amazing! You are missing out if you do not use him for your big day. Our entire family had compliments for his music/singing. No one better!

Sent on 08/11/2017

Allison · Married on 01/06/2017

Bula was awesome, he played for both our ceremony and reception. Great musician with tons of song choices! Everyone loved him!

Sent on 01/26/2017

Jerid · Married on 01/06/2017

Bula is the BEST! He was extremely considerate, on time and great musician, i would not blink an eye hiring him if i were to do it again!

Sent on 02/02/2017

Eleia · Married on 12/21/2016

Bula was phenomenal! We can't say enough great things about his performance, professionalism, and flexibility. Our wedding was delayed almost an hour and Bula kept playing/singing without skipping a beat and kept a smile the whole time. Our wedding being delayed was already stressful enough but to hear his ukulele/singing calmed me. We couldn't have asked for a better musician and we highly recommend him! =)

Sent on 01/04/2017

Bridget · Married on 11/23/2016

I would absolutely recommend this amazing artist to anyone looking for entertainment for their wedding or party. Not only was he good at what he does he was also very nice and easy to work with. We had our wedding at the Mauna Kea Beach Hotel and found some of the vendors difficult to deal with. Not Bula, confirmed him once and he was there with a smile. Not even kidding about the smile, was very pleasant with the guests and was open to suggestions.

Sent on 11/30/2016

Alex · Married on 11/05/2016

Bula was great! He was very attentive throughout our planning and did a phenomenal job playing at our ceremony. I highly suggest having Bula at your wedding!!!

Sent on 12/05/2016

Cristina · Married on 10/20/2016

Bula was so wonderful! He was our musician for our ceremony and played 'Thinking Out Loud" and "Better Together". His voice is amazing and his guitar skills are also on point! Whenever we hear those songs, I'm certain we'll have the most beautiful memories because of Bula's talent. Mahalo, Bula!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Gilbert · Married on 10/16/2016

Bula performed at our wedding and his services were top notch. Our ceremony was delayed over the make up artist taking a bit longer than normal and while we didn't know it at the time Bula helped keep my nerves down. We chatted a bit while he played music and it made that portion a lot less stressful. All of our individual dances were played perfectly. He truly set the tone for our wedding. If we lived in Hawaii we would hire him to play music at all of our special events.

Sent on 11/08/2016

Kristine · Married on 10/06/2016

We hired Bula as part of a two person ensemble for our beach wedding. He played for our guests before my entrance, during my walk down the aisle, and during the cocktail hour. He set the perfect tone for the intimate, romantic, Hawaiian wedding we dreamed of. He was very easy to work with and provided a perfect mix of Hawaiian and popular music that our guests of all ages enjoyed. I highly recommend Bula Akamu.

Sent on 12/05/2016

Michelle · Married on 09/15/2016

Bula was a great addition to our wedding. His performance made our special day even more so. He is a great musician and our family and friends cannot stop raving about him. We would recommend him for any wedding or special event.

Sent on 09/28/2016

Danielle · Married on 08/26/2016

Bula was an wonderful addition to our wedding day - his performance during our ceremony really brought it to life and gave it a relaxed, romantic and magical feel. Guests abosultely loved his style and musical abilities! Also he was easy to work with - performed all songs requested and was a pleasure to work with. Highly recommend Bula!

Sent on 09/09/2016

Marcella · Married on 08/10/2016

Bula is amazing!! My guests were raving about him all day after the wedding. He did a great job during our ceremony and during the cocktail hour and reception portion that we had him stay. I wish I had kept him long, he was that good. Being an event coordinator myself, I tend to be very picky and he was incredible. If I ever plan a wedding again in Hawaii, I will definitely be highly recommending Bula. One of the best things he did for us was convert our first dance song from a up beat rap song into a nice slow dance song. It was great! He even recorded a version for our reception in California. 5 stars all around! Fantastic!

Sent on 09/06/2016

Shan · Married on 08/01/2016

Bula is an amazing musician! He played at our wedding and really made it an incredible night. Our guest loved him! Having him play as I walked down the isle made the ceremony feel so much more personal. We made sure to get one of his CDs before we came home!

Sent on 09/06/2016