Buddy D Sound Unlimited Reviews

24 | Woonsocket, RI

24 Reviews for Buddy D Sound Unlimited

Alicia · Married on 07/14/2019

Awesome DJ! Great service!

Buddy D did a fantastic job with our wedding. He was great to work with, easy to communicate with, and professional. Our guest were impressed with his work, and have been expressing how impressed they were. I would highly recommend him for his services!

Sent on 07/29/2019
  • Susan

Susan Wood Heon · Married on 07/06/2019

You will want to book this one!!

Personable, friendly and amazing! Buddy not only married us, but he also provided the DJ service and Photo booth. He had everyone up and dancing all night long!! We received so many compliments from our guests after the wedding stating that the music was great and how much fun they had. Loved the photo booth album and the vows were beautiful. I could not been happier and highly recommend him! I know I will definitely use him again and recommend him to my friends and family! Thank you do much Buddy for making my day amazing!

Sent on 07/16/2019

Charlene · Married on 10/26/2018

Hire Buddy D and have no worries

I am a high school teacher and had used Buddy D for a school prom and class banquet on a referral from another teacher that used him for his wedding. When it came time to plan our wedding, there was no question on who to call for the DJ. Buddy D communicated with us at every step and made the reception SEAMLESS. Randy worked our wedding and did an amazing job at reading our guests and sticking to our plan. Even making sure our garter toss went off smoothly (My husband wore a kilt and we did a switch and I took the garter off him...a plan that Randy and Buddy D helped us create). We had a lot of people tell us that our wedding was the best wedding they had ever attended and they had so much fun and I cannot give enough credit to our great DJs for that!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Terri · Married on 03/31/2018

I would TOTALLY recommend Buddy D Sound Unlimited! They are very professional and so easy to work with. Everyone knows a DJ can either "make or break" a wedding/event. They will absolutely "MAKE" your event... If you want the best, look no further.

- Terri from Brockton, MA

Sent on 04/18/2017

Cathy Arruda · Married on 02/10/2018

Wedding February 10th 2018

You must have DJ Buddy D at your wedding if you want your guests to party all night long. All of our guests couldn't stop talking about the outstanding job he did with the music.

Sent on 02/11/2019

Erin · event on 05/12/2017

I have had Buddy D Sound Unlimited as the DJ at my annual breast cancer fundraiser for the past 7 years and he never disappoints!!! He is FANTASTIC!!!!!! He is a true professional in every sense of the word! He knows what he is doing - he will get your guests on the dance floor & keep them there all night! He has all the music you could ever want - he has always accommodated any song request my guests have had. I couldn't be happier with his services and look forward to using him again next year for my next event. I highly recommend him for any event where you require DJ services.

Sent on 05/23/2017

Darlene · Married on 04/13/2017

Let Buddy D know what you want

Sent on 04/13/2017

We have use Buddy D Sound Unlimited for school dance events in the past and have found Buddy to be incredibly responsive, professional, accommodating on dates/times, extremely reasonable price, and great with the parents and kids. Our experience has been nothing but excellent and I would not hesitate to recommend his services! Once again, we will be using his DJ services in April of 2016 and booking that has been a pleasure!

Sent on 02/16/2016

Randy was an excellent DJ. He made sure he played everyone's request. All the guests enjoyed the slideshow that Buddy created.

Sent on 01/07/2016

Krystle · Married on 10/05/2014

I cannot brag enough about the wonderful service we received from DJ Buddy D!
    As a new bride, I was totally overwhelmed with all of the things that needed to be done in a wedding. I was lost as to how to plan out the wedding day itself. We hired buddy before anyone else for the wedding, but didn't realize we were getting so much more than just a DJ. Buddy was able to walk me through the entire wedding process from lighting to colors, timelines, to venues. On the wedding day itself, he singlehandedly led us through our night without a hitch.
    From the very beginning, Buddy was easy to talk with and very flexible with his hours to meet, and incredibly professional. As we picked out songs we wanted for the wedding he would be able to advice us on any questions we had due to his very long experience in the wedding business. He took into consideration our musical tastes (me being a very classic Sinatra girl and my husband being...much more musically eccentric) , and put together a great play list that kept our guests on the dance floor the entire night! Our dance floor was always packed!
    In addition to our musical choices he provided the guests with request slips, and also brought with him a goody bag filled with tons of great props like hats, flags, etc. to keep the guests entertained and having a great time.
    Buddy also provided us with our uplighting for the event which was a great price value and made our venue look amazing! At the wedding itself buddy was dressed up very nicely, and his gear and table presented very elegantly.
    The best thing about Buddy is that anything you need done, he will make it happen for you. He was able to hook up our pianist and violinist to his speakers on very short notice, put together a great garter surprise with my husband, and help hurry along the food service when it was dragging!
    I could not have asked for a better vendor to have at my wedding. Buddy made sure our wedding went off without a hitch!

Sent on 12/15/2014

We loved working with Buddy and Randy. Randy was with us the day of the wedding and he was great!

Sent on 03/14/2015

Kaity · Married on 06/28/2014

DJ Buddy D was awesome at our wedding. He did exactly what we asked and new what to play to get everyone out on the dance floor. It was easy to get in contact with him during the wedding planning and I would definitely recommend him to anyone who needs a DJ for their wedding.

Sent on 06/16/2015

Would highly recommend. he played every song we asked of him, was very interactive. best dj ever.

Sent on 06/01/2014

Jeanne · event on 04/26/2014

Buddy D Sound Unlimited provides DJ services for our Church 50-50 Club Banquet each year. We have been very happy with his services.

Sent on 02/02/2015

I could not have wished for a better DJ! My guests had a blast dancing to the music all night! Even more amazing was when my officiant was no where to be found, Buddy stepped up, without hesitation, and saved the day! He married us without any preparations to do so and my guests were none the wiser! My whole night was amazing and I owe a huge piece of that to DJ Buddy D!

Sent on 11/06/2013

Kayla · Married on 06/28/2013

I too, was a little skeptical about DJ Buddy D prior to meeting him. I was hesitant because of his low prices, but he proved us wrong! We met him at the Twin River Bridal Expo and loved his personality and enthusiasm for what he does. All of the meetings went well and he was very flexible with our needs. We liked him so much that he was our officiant, disc jockey, and provided uplighting services. We went with blue for uplighting and it looked great, he even had other moving, heart shaped lights that really lit up the dance floor.

We picked out very rare/strange songs for our ceremony and he was right on board with us! We actually left out a few songs because we couldn't make up our minds and he recommended great songs for us based on our taste...we loved his recommendations! The ceremony was beautifully done and he was very flexible with what was to be read during the ceremony. He provided standard examples and let us amend it however we wished.

He mingled with our guests, both young and old. My husband and I got married at age 25 so we were hoping he would play a good mix that all of our guests would enjoy, and he definitely delivered. He played a great mix that got all of our guests on the dance floor all night!

I highly recommend Buddy for any event. I've never seen my friends and family having so much fun and he definitely played a huge role in that!

Sent on 11/01/2013

Mali · Married on 09/01/2012

Similarly to one of the other reviews on this page, I was a little worried that this DJ would be a little out of date. I didn't worry about it too much since we had older family members at our wedding and it's good to have a mix of music even if it is "older". However, I was completely mistaken. He and his assistant played music from every genre including top 40. They were attentive to our guests' requests and didn't play anything inappropriate. I highly recommend DJ Buddy D- he made everything run so smoothly, was extremely professional, and best of all: affordable!

Sent on 09/11/2012

Buddy went above and beyond to make my wedding special. Everyone danced and had so much fun. The uplighting was outstanding.. The music was perfect

Sent on 08/02/2012

Valerie · Married on 08/06/2011

Okay, I will be honest... I was a little nervous that my DJ wasn't going to be that good. The thing that made me nervous was he seemed a little "out-of-date" for what I was looking for. Plus he was one of the cheapest DJ's I could find. I kept telling myself, "You get what you paid for".... I WAS SO WRONG!!! Absolutely EVERYONE loved Buddy!!! He had the whole crowd dancing and having a great time! I got phone calls after the wedding and everyone was asking me about the DJ!!! He offered a lot of different options (officiant, cocktail hour, slide show, unique garter/bouquet toss...) I would use Buddy D again and again!!!

Sent on 12/20/2011

DJ Buddy D was great to work with. He was very quick to respond to any questions that I had. He flexible with the the request that i made for the Company Christmas Party. He played music for all ages and kept the party going.

I would not hesitate to use Buddy D again!

Sent on 12/16/2015

Heather · Married on 06/10/2017

We booked buddy for our wedding at coachmens lodge. From day one of meeting buddy we knew he'd be perfect for our day. We wanted to ensure our wedding was fun for both the older and younger crowds and we felt buddy could achieve this. Buddy was so accommodating and allowed our JP to borrow a mic for our ceremony so that everyone could hear. Our only complaint is that not all the songs we asked for were played and we asked for no line dance type songs, but the cha cha slide was played. Everyone seemed to be dancing and enjoying themselves, so not the end of the world. Thanks buddy xoxo

Sent on 06/25/2017
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 05/25/2012

DJ Buddy D was very, very reasonably priced. He is pretty fast paced but knows what he is doing and uses the latest technology. Our ceremony was outside on the beach and he was able to create ceremony music. The only complaints would be that the groom had a mic on his tux, which created a major echo and cut in and out, and was hard to understand, but that could also have something to do with being on the beach. He did mix up our exiting ceremony song, but what he played definitely worked, so that was fine. He kept us up to date during the reception as to what was coming up next, confirmed what he was playing, and made all of the introductions.

Sent on 06/01/2012

Tom · Married on 02/25/2017

Booked Buddy D for my mothers 70th Birthday party, very professional courteous and everyone enjoyed the selection of music. I would recommend him highly

Sent on 04/18/2017

We used Buddy D for our DJ and uplighting. He was booked for the day, so we had Randy as our DJ for the wedding. He did a great job. They did not play any songs on the "don't play" list and kept our guests on the dance floor all night. They also send another DJ with the "main" DJ to actually run the songs and such. The fact that this was only $850 was great. They also were accommodating to set up PA systems at our outside ceremony, downstairs cocktail hour and upstairs reception.

He was just getting started in the uplighting field, we chose the blue and they looked amazing. I think it was only $200 to do them.

At the meetings, Buddy was a little hard to follow, but in the end everything was executed right.

Sent on 09/09/2012