Bucks Run Golf Club Reviews

13 Reviews for Bucks Run Golf Club

• Geraldin

Geraldin · Married on 08/30/2019

Everything was perfect, couldn't ask for more. 100% reccomend

If you are thinking about having the perfect outdoor wedding, this is the place for you. Bucks Run Golf Club was the perfect place since we first came in, beautiful views, amazing staff and incredibly good food! We couldn't ask for more. All the staff was super helpful and attentive every second of our wedding. Our special thanks goes to Amy, who was there helping and making sure our day was perfect from beginning to end. She took care of EVERYTHING, she definitely will take the stress off your shoulders during your big day, we LOVED working with her. I will recommend everything of this venue: the food, which has so many options and a large menu, the views, the service, the staff and 100% recommend for the price. Thank you Amy and thank you Bucks Run Golf Club, we definitely had the perfect wedding day!

Sent on 09/18/2019

Bucks Run Golf Club's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful recommendation and review! Wishing you and Matt a long and happy life together!
  • Hunter

Hunter · Married on 08/17/2019

The Perfect Venue for a Perfect Day

If you are looking for a venue that has all of the food, drink, and OUTSTANDING service, do not look any further! Our experience with Bucks Run Golf Course for our big day was more than we could have asked for. From our very first tour there we knew there wasn't any other place we could have our wedding. The event coordinator Amy is absolutely amazing, she made sure our day was more than perfect. Amy pays attention to every little detail and is willing to work with you to make you 100% satisfied. She went above and beyond for us and we couldn't have asked for anyone better to help plan our big day. She even helps with setting up and the crew helps with tear down at the end of the night! The views at this golf course are stunning and make for beautiful wedding pictures. All of our guests were blown away with the beauty of this venue. The food and drinks were amazing too, and there are so many options, including vegan-friendly food options, which is great for a variety of guests. Could not have imagined a more perfect day anywhere else!

Thank you so much, Amy and Bucks Run employees!

**We do not have any wedding photos back, but once they come back I will upload them to this review, Sorry!**

Sent on 08/23/2019

Bucks Run Golf Club's reply:

Hunter, Thank you so much for wonderful review! It was such a pleasure working with you and Dakota! I and our staff are so happy we helped make your experience at Bucks Run Golf Club wonderful!
  • Sarah

Sarah G · Married on 08/03/2019

Easy planning, incredible staff, amazing food!

TLDR: Easy planning, incredible staff, competitive pricing, amazing food, overall 5 star experience!

I cannot express enough how fantastic Amy and her team are! We chose to be married in our home state of Michigan, even though we lived 1000 miles away. All my planning had to be done via email or phone, and Amy was incredibly responsive every step of the way. She worked around us—planning tastings specifically when we'd be home, coordinating with our moms to tour the facility, and continuing to be flexible with our unique situation.

Because we are both nature loving, outdoorsy people, we wanted a venue that had both an outdoor and indoor area so our guest weren't cooped up inside the whole time. Bucks Run sits on top of a hill and overlooks the fairways and a beautiful small lake/pond. It has a large wrap-around porch and my guests loved walking around after dinner to take in the views and get pictures. Seriously, your photographer will thank you for choosing such an incredible backdrop!

By far the best part of Bucks Run is the food & drinks. We received copious compliments about the taste and the amount of food with each plated meal (we chose the sirloin and the morel chicken). I would HIGHLY suggest doing plated, because their banquet servers were great at getting everyone served in a timely manner. Drinks were strong and ALL my guests made a point to tell me how incredible the venue was. You cannot go wrong with booking Bucks Run!

Sent on 08/18/2019

Bucks Run Golf Club's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review Sarah! It was such a pleasure working with you and Nancy to coordinate your wedding with us at Bucks Run Golf Club! Best wishes to you and Jacob!
  • Jane

Jane S · Married on 07/20/2019

Superb serviy

I have not been to many weddings and this was my first time being “mother of the bride” so I did not have much experience. Amy, the event planner, was amazing to work with. She walked me through step-by-step of every detail of a perfect reception. She is very experienced and helped me with things that I didn’t even know about! She was very patient in working with my daughter and me with the menu, room set up, and schedule. She reached out ahead of time to all the vendors we selected, the DJ, the wedding cake bakery, the rental center. She did not get the least bit upset when we changed our mind multiple times over things! She went so far above and beyond the call of duty to help us, she made the whole event so stress-free.
    On the morning of the wedding I arrived to decorate at 7:30, and she was there as promised, to help me put my decorations on the tables. Unfortunately, there was a huge thunderstorm on the day of my daughters wedding and we went back-and-forth all day on whether we would have the event in the tent that I arrange to have set up or we would have it in the banquet room. Because we were optimistic, our family opted for outside. 15 minutes before the wedding ceremony , as we were driving in, Amy made the executive decision to pull the ceremony inside. The skies were black and there was lightning and pouring rain. Amy and the staff were carrying chairs in four at a time as fast as they could and set up a beautiful venue inside. They moved the tables and chairs we had painstakingly set up and created an aisle and an entryway and everything was perfect. About 8 minutes after the ceremony, the whole room was restored to the way it was originally and you would never know that anything unexpected happened.
    Amy saw to it that every detail was worked out before she left for the evening. She came over to say goodbye to me during dinner and then as I was dancing an hour and a half later I saw her walk out to the parking lot- she probably put in a 12 hour day that day! She turned us over to Tim the assistant event planner and he was very pleasant, thorough and efficient till the very end of the reception. Someone, I’m assuming the kitchen staff, Boxed up the top tier of the wedding cake and also sent home a nice plate of food for the bride and the groom. Everyone was so polite and respectful and eager to help. I am so glad that we chose Bucks Run Golf Club as our venue. It was actually quite affordable and I appreciated having the full bar and restaurant right there in case we needed anything. I had thought about choosing a venue where we would have an offsite caterer but this was just so convenient. Once the storm moved out, the golf course made for a beautiful backdrop for pictures and the sunset outside the patio was spectacular.

Sent on 07/29/2019

Bucks Run Golf Club's reply:

Hello Jane! Thank you so much for your kind review! We at Bucks Run Golf Club are pleased to have been a part in planning your daughter's Special day and so happy that everything went well despite the uncooperative weather!
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 04/27/2019

Phenomenal wedding experience

We had our April 2019 wedding and reception at Bucks Run Golf Club and we were totally blown away by the level of service and care we received. From our first meeting with Amy, we knew it was the place we wanted to hold our wedding. Despite the fact that they have many events going on throughout the year, Amy made us feel like we were her only priority each time we reached out to her--even for the smallest of questions. She was very prompt at responding to emails, able to accommodate all of our requests, and on top of that, the nicest person to work with. During our tasting event, we met the chef, Ben, and were treated to a smorgasbord of options that all tasted amazing. You can't go wrong with any of the dinner selections and they were more than willing to work with all dietary needs and our budget. The planning process was easy and was less stressful in large part to Amy's organization and how proactive she is.

When it came to the wedding day itself, Amy and the rest of the staff at Bucks Run made us feel like royalty and treated our guests like family. We received compliments from our guests on how impressed they were with the venue, food, and staff. They were able to accommodate a last minute ceremony venue change due to weather and had everything set up for our ceremony and reception exactly how we imagined it. The waitstaff and bar staff went out of their way to make sure every guest had everything they needed throughout the night and were aware of the bar hours and when food was being taken down. My husband and I didn't have to worry about anything other than ourselves all night and that was the best gift we received.

In terms of value, Bucks Run cannot be beat. We must have researched hundreds of venues across the state trying to find one that did not nickel and dime us for everything or make you take out your own trash at the end of the night. It's shocking how many places are just not up front about what they offer, but Amy was entirely transparent and honest about everything that would be included. She even gave us tips for what to ask about when we looked at other venues (which we didn't end up doing because we knew after meeting her and seeing the space that we would get married there). On top of the care and attention, the venue is absolutely gorgeous! The golf course is meticulously maintained, even in the early part of the season, and the inside is very well cared for and has beautiful spots for indoor pictures if needed.

We could not have had a more perfect wedding and it was made so easy and special for us by Amy and the rest of the team at Bucks Run. We highly recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding/reception venue or any other event venue. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 05/20/2019

Bucks Run Golf Club's reply:

It was such a pleasure to work with you both to coordinate your Wedding with us at Bucks Run Golf Club. Thank you so much for your review!
  • Paige

Paige · Married on 08/04/2018

Best day ever at Buck's Run!

It's hard to put into words how amazing our w h o l e day was at Buck's Run. To say it was amazing is such an understatement. First, I need to thank Amy Saunders who is Buck's Run Event Coordinator. In other words, she is the backbone of the whole day going perfectly. She was the front-runner with every need I had. She absolutely loves her job and it couldn't be any more obvious from her actions, words and most of all, her kindness. She had the best ideas and brought our wedding day to life. I will never forget her kindness, compassion, and patience. Second, Buck's Run has the best staff through and through. All of our guests complimented how great the staff was on our day. I truly do not have one bad thing to say about our venue. The pickiest eaters from our family and friends said that this was the best food they had ever had a wedding. My husband and I enjoyed not only our wedding food but every dining with food we had leading up to that day as well. Third, the kitchen staff and the head chef do a phenomenal job. My girls and I used the beautiful VIP Room to get ready. Edward, a great team member, and Amy were so helpful with us needy women! Our ceremony was on location on the grass with the beautiful pergola. We truly could go on and on about how great Buck's Run is. If you are considering this venue as your wedding venue, do yourself a favor and just book it! You will not bet let down and will have the BEST DAY EVER!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Bucks Run Golf Club's reply:

Paige, thank you so much for your kind words! I truly enjoyed working with you to coordinate Your Wedding Day with us at Bucks Run Golf Club!
    Wishing you and Justin a lifetime of happiness together! - Amy

Carlee · Married on 06/25/2016

I can’t say enough wonderful things about Bucks Run. The venue is absolutely beautiful. We had our wedding on the golf course, as well as the reception inside the reception hall, and we got so many compliments about how beautiful everything was. The staff was absolutely wonderful. They treated us with so much respect and were SO helpful throughout the planning process, as well as on the day of the wedding. With working with Alanna, I felt like I had a partial wedding planner because she took care of so much for me. The staff put up all of the decorations for us. All I had to do was drop everything off the night before the wedding, and the only thing that I needed to do the morning of was set up the pergola (which I probably would have wanted to do anyway, since I knew how I wanted it to look). They had a golf outing the morning of the wedding, so I do have to say I was very nervous when it was getting very close to the wedding time and our reception hall was still not set up yet. However, the staff reassured me many times that they do this every year and that everything would be set up in time. And they were right, I had nothing to worry about. They set up everything on time, and each decoration was flawless. I am so grateful to Bucks Run because of how much stress they took off of me and my family on our wedding day. Because of their wonderful staff, we were able to enjoy our perfect day with little to no stress, and for that alone I would highly recommend Bucks Run for a wedding venue!!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Britney · Married on 05/21/2016

Alanna at Bucks Run was absolutely amazing and so easy to work with! Bucks run was very accommodating to our wants and needs. Our reception was beautiful. Set up was all done on time and and the banquet staff was great. The vendors working with Bucks Run were very impressed as well. If your looking for a gorgeous reception area that is not going to break the bank with food that your guests will rave about, this is it!!

Sent on 08/09/2016

Emily · Married on 10/03/2015

We hosted our wedding ceremony and reception at Buck's Run Golf Club. We could not be happier!!! Our wedding got rained out, so our ceremony was moved underneath their covered patio, and it was still perfect! You could still see the lake in the background all while keeping our guests (and us) dry! The reception was perfect...Buck's Run staff was great...even though we had a buffet dinner, the staff still served cocktails to guests, refilled water, cleaned tables, etc. They also helped set up decorations, fold napkins...you name it! But best of all, Buck's Run's event coordinator, Alanna, was AMAZING. And I mean amazing. She was beyond flexible, so kind and understanding, patient, and helpful. She played a vital role in ensuring that we had the most amazing wedding! She worked closely with our wedding planner and a couple local vendors. Alanna genuinely makes a bride's life so easy as far as a wedding and reception venue. They take care of alcohol, food, clean up, everything! I cannot recommend Buck's Run Golf Club (and Alanna) enough!

Sent on 12/01/2015

Peter · Married on 01/09/2010

We couldn't have been more delighted with the level of service and professionalism from Buck's Run staff. The lead up to the day was made very easy indeed by Alanna Newel, our events coordinator. We had a tasting months before hand so we could get the menus printed. The drinks selection was outstanding and many of our guests remarked on how much they appreciated the presentation of everything and the choices they had. The atmosphere was very relaxed and yet always courteous and polite. The staff simply moved around the guests' tables quietly and quickly to ensure everyone had everything they wanted. Terrific venue and very affordable. Great value and great service.

Sent on 02/23/2010
  • Nikki

Nikki · Married on 06/14/2008

Bucks Run Golf Club was absolutely wonderful! Everything from the menu selection, room set-up, flexibility, and kindness - all of their staff went above and beyond for us.

Sent on 06/23/2008

Great to work with. May take some time to respond at first but well worth it. Very flexible and professional.

Sent on 09/29/2013

Kathryn · Married on 06/26/2011

Alanna was very flexible with last minute changes to the guest list. One of our guests needed a gluten-free meal, which was provided with no problems. If you're planning to skip the DJ, they do have a 5 CD system available with microphone. The reception hall itself overlooks the golf course and a lake, and they let us borrow a set of rental clubs for some fun photos at no cost. Prices were reasonable for a lunch reception, and they had a chicken fingers option for our younger guests (and we got an extra order to go for the groom).

Sent on 06/30/2011