Buckley Events Reviews

Buckley Events 3
Buckley Events 4
Buckley Events 5

Carol Lowman · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Awesome Job, Buckley Events!

Kathleen is knowledgable, professional, and delightful to work with. It just doesn't get easier...we are very thankful that we found Kathleen and her assistant, Kim, to help with our daughter's wedding. Everything went off without a hitch and a great time was had by all! Kathleen tracked all vendor deliveries, set up at the club, timeline, photographer, food and beverage, the DJ, and every other aspect of the day. We were able to relax and enjoy the wedding due to her efforts. Thanks very much, Kathleen!

Sent on 10/07/2019
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 10/26/2019

You NEED to hire Buckley Events

If you're getting married anywhere in the Charleston area, there's no excuse for not hiring Kathleen Buckley. She was attentive throughout the entire wedding process, prompt with her responses, and amazingly committed to ensuring our big day was everything we could've dreamed of. All the vendors were organized perfectly, the timeline was executed to a T and we didn't have to worry about anything on the day-of. We wouldn't have changed a thing.

If you want to say "My wedding day went off a hitch," and genuinely mean it, Buckley Events is for you.

Sent on 10/30/2019

Kathy Zanin · Married on 06/29/2019

Kathleen Buckley is great

My daughter and I hired Kathleen Buckley as our "Day Of Wedding Planner," and she did a great job. She kept us organized, calm, on schedule, and handled all the troubleshooting so that I could enjoy my day as mother of the bride and my daughter could just celebrate with her husband, friends and family. All the things we told her were important to us were done perfectly; even the things we threw in last minute. All Kathleen's suggestions made the day flow smoothly, and her experience really helped us to avoid some ideas that seemed good to us, but that were actually best left off. Besides all of that, she is very friendly and easy to work with. I highly recommend her for any event.

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • farrah

farrah · Married on 05/19/2019

An expert in her field!

When we were told we needed a wedding planner by our venue, I wasn’t thrilled as I figured I would be doing most of the planning and only wanted a day of coordinator. First off, I was naive to think I didn’t need a planner as there are so many details day of that you need someone to help.. and someone who knows what they’re doing, but secondly Kathleen truly goes above and beyond. Even though we hired her for day of, she was there with us every step of the way. She reviewed all of our contracts and picked up on language and clauses that I would have never second guessed- making sure we clarify to avoid issues later on. She was beyond thorough, detail oriented and an absolute pleasure to work with. By nature, I tend to worry and let stress get the best of me, but Kathleen never made me feel like any of my questions or contacting her were a bother. I remember after our first conversation thinking, ok I’m in great hands, and we were. She is an expert in her field and genuinely loves what she does. Quite honestly, she did not need to even be in contact with us until the day of as that is what we paid for, but she had multiple phone conversations when things went wrong, she finalized pick up and details with every single vendor, she met us to go over every detail we wanted the days before. I cannot say enough good things about Kathleen. Any couple that has the pleasure of working with her is truly lucky and she will minimize the stress as much as she can, as we all know how stressful this time can be! Happy to say our wedding was perfect and I attribute that mostly to her organization and amazing work ethic! Absolutely love her!

Buckley Events 6
    Buckley Events 7
    Buckley Events 8
    Sent on 05/29/2019
  • Gretchen

Gretchen Kaiser · Married on 03/02/2019

Amazing experience! Absolutely recommend.

Kathleen with Buckley Events was truly a joy to work with. She met with us multiple times ahead of the wedding to make sure we were completely comfortable and provided extremely prompt email support. She made sure our wedding day ran so smoothly. I never once had to think about where I needed to be or what was next. As a type A person myself, I really appreciated her attention to detail and comprehensive timeline. I know our venue and other vendors enjoyed working with her as well. I would absolutely recommend her services!

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • marinela

marinela · Married on 10/20/2018

Best Day of Coordinator!

We can't say enough great things about Kathleen. We did all of our own wedding planning, catering and bar service, so when it came down to how all the logistics and day of timeline would go, we were a little stressed. We hired Kathleen to take care of all of this for us and because of her expertise, knowledge and experience, she exceeded our expectations. She was able to make great suggestions on layout, logistics, procession, take down, etc that we would otherwise not know how to coordinate. She even met with us before the wedding to pick up all our decorations and go over the details one last time. She made herself available via phone and email for any little or big questions we had. During the wedding, the disposable plates/silverware were accidentally left behind by one of the servers so Kathleen immediately sent someone to the store to grab what we needed. I hadn't planned for enough chairs for the outdoor seating and she caught that right away the day of and called our Rental company and they brought the chairs right over. Because of her many years of experience in Charleston, she has all the right relationships with vendors! And the best part of it all is that we never knew any of these small hiccups were happening as she and her assistant Kim took care of them and still had big smiles on their faces still proceeded in enjoying our big day! I recommend Buckley Events for anyone who wants a professional, fun and laidback planner/coordinator - guarantee you will be stress free! We will definitely keep in touch with Kathleen.

Sent on 10/30/2018

Sue · Married on 10/13/2018

We used Kathleen and her assistant Annie for the day of the wedding but that included much more including a meeting at our home.

On behalf of our family we thank you for doing such a great job Saturday. You have a real gift keeping it all running smoothly but doing it with a smile and easy flow. We thought the day was perfection. Allison and Philippe said it was the best day of their lives. We’re all really happy

Sent on 10/17/2018

Debbie · Married on 05/12/2018

Perfection, professional, and fabulous don’t begin to describe our experience with Kathleen as our Day of Coordinator! She even took photos that no one else captured! No bumps, hiccups or panicked moments and it was a very large my day. I was the Momzilla and Kathleen was the very best and kept us all on point for the perfect dream wedding for my daughter. I was thrilled, especially since she stepped up 6 days from the wedding to bring it all together for us. Kathleen will make your dream come true, I promise. Thank you for making Staci and Morgan’s day the best day ever!!

Buckley Events 9
    Buckley Events 17
    Buckley Events 18
    Sent on 05/14/2018

Erika · Married on 03/25/2018

Our perfect wedding day would not have been what it was without Kathleen. She was professional, experienced, and paid attention to every detail. Putting all of your hard work into someone else's hands can be very difficult but Kathleen's confidence and experience put me at ease and everything turned out wonderfully.

Sent on 03/28/2018

Lindsey · Married on 09/30/2017

We hired Kathleen at Buckley Events as our day-of-wedding coordinator. Kathleen supplied great recommendations for many of our vendors (who were also outstanding). Our Wedding was not held at a traditional wedding venue and required vendors for everything! She was there for support and guidance leading up to the wedding as well as our wedding day. The wedding ceremony and reception was perfect and everything ran smoothly (at least as far as we knew which is all you can ask for on your wedding day!) Kathleen was prompt and professional. She has a lot of experience and executed our wedding day vision. We definitely recommend Buckley Events to anyone in need of an amazing wedding planner!

Sent on 10/12/2017

Katie · Married on 05/13/2017

Kathleen was such an asset during our wedding planning and day-of process. It was great to not have to have any family @ the venue to coordinate things, and we could just show up and enjoy! The planning meetings leading up to the event were SO helpful, and she was so patient with my parents, fiance, and me to help us all be on the same page. We had what felt like a crisis with our venue the week before our event which was going to mess-up our whole timeline. Kathleen went into problem solving mode and made a lot of calls to find the venue owner and get it fixed for us-- she was a lifesaver!! Worth her weight in gold! Thanks for helping make our day and weekend so special!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Meredith Ann · Married on 12/17/2016

Working with Kathleen was an absolute dream. She took the time to understand exactly what I wanted out of our big day and made it happen. We could not have asked for a better experience!

Sent on 01/02/2017

caroline · Married on 06/04/2016

Kathleen was easy to work with and well worth the price. She coordinated such a beautiful wedding reception for us, and I do not know how we would of pulled everything together without her. Her organization of the day really allowed my mom and me to enjoy the day fully, and we thank her so much. The wedding reception turned out just as I had envisioned, and everything ran smoothly. If something went wrong, I did not know about it. She is organized, responsive, and prompt. We highly recommend her to help you coordinate your wedding without hesitation.

Sent on 08/13/2016

After an initial phone conversation with Kathleen, I knew that she was going to be the one to help my mom and I plan my dream wedding in Charleston! I am so glad that we hired her. I really enjoyed working with her throughout the planning process and never felt silly for asking her a million questions! Kathleen was always very quick to respond and I always felt confident in her skills and knowledge. She is very organized, checked in often to make sure everything was on track and was quick to offer ideas and suggestions when needed. Kathleen left no detail behind and I felt that she truly understood the vision for my wedding. She went above and beyond her duties and I can't thank her enough for helping to make my wedding so perfect. I am so glad she was a part of our big day - she is a true pleasure to work with!

If you are looking for a wedding coordinator in the Charleston area, I cannot recommend Kathleen at Buckley Events highly enough!

Sent on 01/11/2016

Lydia · Married on 05/16/2015

I wasn't sold on getting a day-of coordinator since I was trying to cut back on wedding costs. My parents encouraged that we get one, and we relented and did so. I am SO glad that we did. Kathleen and her assistant were amazing! Kathleen was willing to meet us beforehand at times and locations convenient to us, which made everything so much easier. She asked questions we never even considered. She gave wonderful suggestions about vendors and décor so we could reduce costs and stress. She is very no-fuss and listened closely to everything we had to say. Kathleen is super organized and gave us much more than just "day-of" work. I am so glad we hired her and I highly suggest her services to anybody who wants a stress-free day.

Sent on 05/24/2015

Kathleen was an absolute pleasure to work with as our day-of coordinator. Although we didn't officially meet until the week of our wedding, she was very responsive and helpful during the months leading up. She is professional, experienced, kind, honest, and creative! My husband and I are extremely grateful for all of her help in making our wedding the best day of our lives!

Sent on 05/20/2015

Paul · Married on 06/21/2014

Destination weddings naturally create additional stress to a wedding. Buckley Events took it all away for us and allowed us to have a beautiful, relaxed wedding reception that will be a cherished memory for everyone. Everything and everyone was right in place at the time they were supposed to be. Kathleen and staff are super nice and super competent. We could not have been happier in our choice of Buckley Events.

Sent on 06/24/2014

A week later, my mom and I cannot stop raving about Kathleen Buckley.
    I wasn't sold on 'getting a planner', but she was completely and utterly wonderful. I know my wedding would not have been nearly as enjoyable for my family or my husband if it weren't for her.
    Her organization was incredible, and I always felt like a priority when meeting with her or communicating via email.
    We only got her for 'day of' services, but she was extremely available for additional appointments and other communications.
    She truly understood our vision, and knew how to organize everything to perfection. She was really able to get into my head, and make it a reality. She and her assistant made it their mission to make sure everyone was as comfortable and having as much fun as possible.
    Buckley Events was one of the more budget-friendly planning companies I came across, but I have no earthly idea why you would go anywhere else. Completely wonderful.

Sent on 05/03/2014

Kathleen did such an amazing job with my wedding! My mom and I did a good bit of planning before the wedding, but if I had questions or any concerns she was just an email away. The day of the wedding my mom and I didn't have to worry about a single thing and were able to enjoy the special day. Everything was scheduled down to the minute and she kept everything right on track. I would highly recommend her! She is extremely organized, super friendly, and overall calm (which helps you stay calm).

-Sarah and Zak

Sent on 04/05/2014

Libby O'Brien · Married on 10/05/2013

Kathleen Buckley, head of Buckley Events made sure that my wedding was the wedding of my dreams. She made sure I had the best vendors that were out there. She also read through all of my contracts to make sure that I was aware of all of the exceptions and didn't get charged extra fees. She also contacted all of my vendors the week of my wedding to make sure that they were coming at their scheduled time and to let them know of everything I expected of them. Although, I only hired Buckley Events, for the day of my wedding. Kathleen worked with me all year, to pick out vendors, get in touch with them, and answer all of my questions! She also made sure that the day of my wedding I did not have to worry about ANYTHING. My wedding day could not have gone any better, and I owe a lot of that to Buckley Events!!

Sent on 10/09/2013

Meredith · Married on 09/29/2013

Kathleen was amazing! She handled everything from getting in touch with the vendors the week before the wedding to creating a timeline to making sure all of our gifts got to us at the end of the night. She went above and beyond so that we could completely relax and enjoy our awesome day!

Sent on 09/30/2013

Ashley · Married on 06/10/2013

I cannot say enough about the outstanding service provided by Buckley events. I knew that planning a destination wedding wouldn't be easy, but Kathleen made the process very smooth and basically stress free. She always responded quickly to any of my emails and was able to give me great advice about different vendors in the Charleston area and about wedding planning in general. On the actual wedding day, she made sure that the entire day ran smoothly. I didn't have to worry about a single thing! She was in communication with all of my vendors and made sure that everything happened according to schedule. I was able to enjoy the day with my guests while she took care of all of the other details. Not only does Kathleen provide outstanding service, but she is also very kind and an absolute pleasure to work with!

Sent on 06/18/2013

Annie · Married on 05/25/2013

Kathleen is AMAZING!! I really can't write a review about her that would even do her outstanding service justice! I contacted her for a planner and when I told her what I needed she was very honest and upfront and suggested I hire her as a day-of-planner.

As a day-of-planner however, she went above and beyond and met with my husband and I three times before the big day. She made detailed outlines and timelines and thought of all the things I had forgotten or didn't know about!

Kathleen is organized, professional, and so easy to work with. I think one scenario that sums up Kathleen the best is the night of our wedding, I turned to my husband and said "Ok where are the sparklers you bought for send off?" He looked horrified because he had forgotten to buy them and Kathleen chimed in that she had some in her trunk! She saved the send off with some sparklers for everyone. Talk about a Mary Poppins of weddings! I would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 06/24/2013

Caroline · Married on 05/18/2013

Actually, Kathleen came on board after the wedding plans were underway. This can be a bit difficult considering everything was in full swing. However, Kathleen jumped right in, offering advise and support. Buckley Events ran the wedding day for us with excellent precision. Everything went off beautifully! Kathleen is extremely professional and efficient as well as being a lovely person.
    We highly recommend Buckley Events to anyone planning a wedding in the Charleston area.

Sent on 10/16/2013

Erin · Married on 05/11/2013

I could not have had a better wedding planner/coordinator than Kathleen at Buckley Events. She was absolutely AWESOME!!!!! She was the perfect person to coordinator my wedding!!!!

Sent on 05/13/2013

Buckley Events's reply:

Erin, I really enjoyed working with you!! You were so organized and I loved all of your creative ideas and special touches you did for your beautiful wedding :-). You and Thomas are just so perfect for each other and complement one another, plus have wonderful families!! I wish you both many many happy years together!