Bruce Brown Catering Reviews

Bruce Brown Catering 2
  • Nikki

Nikki Sanders · Married on 03/30/2019

Talk of the Wedding

Bruce Brown was amazing from beginning to end. Susan and Bruce are both amazing. Susan was willing to come out and look at the reception space (private home for wedding reception) before my husband and I had even signed a contract because I was concerned about space. She put together a floor plan that was flexible and helped me realize my dream of a backyard wedding was possible. The food was AMAZING! So many of our guests talked about the food even days after the wedding was over. We had three types of appetizers and then a buffet style brunch. Susan also put together the florals on our personal cake beautifully and was such a nice personal touch. We appreciate Bruce and Susan so much for making our day so memorable and special for not only us but everyone who was our guest. They went above and beyond our expectations. We cannot wait to work with them again in the future.

Sent on 04/02/2019
    Bruce Brown Catering 3
    Bruce Brown Catering 4
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 10/27/2018

Bruce Brown Catering is the BEST!

Words cannot express how awesome Bruce, Susan and the rest of the Bruce Brown Catering team were from the planning stages of our wedding to the day of. You all truly made our wedding extra special with your dedication, attention to detail, service and patience.

Susan – I have to give a special shout out to you for going above and beyond, even in areas where most catering companies wouldn’t care to help out with. From acting as a second planner on the day of (in addition to our planner who was also busy being a bridesmaid) to being flexible and accommodating with our guests’ food allergies and finally for helping us cut costs for the extra tables and chairs that we needed, there are no words to express our gratitude. Since the beginning, your communication has been on point and never did we feel like just another wedding to you. I think what sets Bruce Brown Catering apart all the others is how much you care, which really helped ease many of the stressors that can come with planning a wedding.

Now let’s talk about the food! In addition to yummy hors d’oeuvres, our guests had a selection of a NY strip steak with a red wine sauce, grilled chicken breast with a balsamic reduction, macadamia nut crusted mahi-mahi and finally (my favorite) a vegetable wellington. Not only did the guests rant and rave about how delicious the food was, but they also complimented how the food came to their table nice and warm. With 170 people to feed, your team did an amazing job – especially with making sure all the steaks were perfectly cooked, which they were. The pride Bruce has in his cooking really shows with the quality (and local) ingredients that he uses as well as the presentation. My husband and I know that our wedding isn’t the only time we will work with Bruce Brown again. We are already talking about future events where we’d like to have them cater for us!

We are so happy to have selected Bruce Brown Catering for our wedding and want to thank everyone again for the amazing experience!

- Nicole & Greg Scharli

Sent on 01/01/2019

Dora · Married on 06/25/2016

We had Bruce Brown Catering to cater our wedding at the Desert Botanical Garden; They are so professional!! Food is great!! I am very impressed by their service. Caterers were on top making sure everyone was being served, food was being prepared in front of guests which was fabulous!! Guests were very impressed by their service and food as well. Thanks Bruce Catering for making our wedding really enjoyable not just to us but our guests!!

Sent on 07/07/2016

Amanda · Married on 02/27/2016

Bruce Brown Catering was the best decision I made in my wedding planning process. Susan Brown was a pleasure to work with and she was almost my wedding coordinator. She was kind, fast, and efficient. My mother showed up at our tasting and her and Bruce made it work for 3 instead of the two they originally expected. My dance floor was super tiny because we had 250 guests and Susan pushed back my tables to make it larger after people ate. I don't know what I would have done without them. The food was fantastic as well. Everyone who I talk to who attended my wedding mentions how amazing the chicken with mushrooms was. It was delicious. I wish I got a box to take to the hotel with me afterward ;-P My budget was way less but Susan reworked it multiple times to fit. My family added another 100 people though so we ended up spending much more than we wanted. At least she tried to work within our budget. I appreciated that along with the overall exceptional service.

Sent on 03/30/2016

OMG! OMG! OMG! Can I say any more? Bruce Brown Catering catered my daughter's wedding at Boojum Tree Hidden Gardens. I had several financial challenges leading up to the wedding and Bruce and Susan couldn't have been more accommodating. They worked with us on every detail. While I didn't want a buffet, (but my pocketbook dictated it), Susan made sure that the buffet was top notch. We had passed hor d'ourves and stations at the cocktail hour and there was literally not one moment when our guests didn't have food. The presentation was exceptional and staff was incredible (actually one of our guests had a heart attack in the parking lot and thanks to one of the staff members who went above and beyond to help, no one was even aware of the commotion - who does that?)

Not only did Bruce Brown provide a large quantity of food, but the quality of the food was exceptional The raw seafood station with crab claws, jumbo shrimps, oysters and ceviche - was a HUGE hit and created the WOW factor.

We chose Bruce Brown after reading some disturbing reviews on our original caterer and I'm so glad that we made that decision. Food is a big factor in making a memorable wedding, so if you want great memories, customized service, great food and great value - Bruce Brown Catering is the ONLY caterer you should be considering.

Sent on 12/05/2014

kaitlyn · Married on 04/05/2008

Bruce and his crew are fantastic. He really knows his craft. You will not be disappointed when you choose them for your event. Highly recommended. WONDERFUL

Sent on 04/05/2008

Sarah · Married on 11/05/2007

Great catering. Be sure to ask if there are any specials, could save you a bit.

Sent on 09/05/2009

Sheree · Married on 01/27/2013

Bruce Brown was amazing! He and his staff were very professional, hard working and the result was an excellent dinner for 118! Even with last minute issues rain, the crew handled it all very well and several guests told me they thought the food was outstanding! Bruce is very dedicated to a high standard for his work and it shows in all his efforts. Thank you for a wonderful job on my daughter's wedding day!

Sent on 01/31/2013

Jennifer · Married on 11/29/2015

3.0

Bruce Brown catered my wedding at the Desert Botanical Garden. Based on the other caterers that were in the running, Bruce Brown was far and above in quality and taste of food. My guests raved that the catering was the best they had ever tasted at a wedding. I felt that for the price, the menu was outstanding and of far greater quality than the price we paid. The only issue was with a matter of professionalism during one interaction, which was quickly rectified when brought to attention. It would have been nice to not have to deal with any sort of frustrations to begin with. However, everything was perfect the day of! All in all, very delicious food that was superior for the price, and a caterer that I highly recommend.

Sent on 12/24/2015

Annie · Married on 11/21/2009

We loved Bruce and his crew! For our wedding guests, they were attentive and brought great food along! We felt that out of all the caterers that we interviewed for our wedding, BB&Co were the most unique and the most concerned about the quality of food that was to be served. The menu felt customized for what we needed and wasn't pulled from a price list.

Our wedding guests all commented that this was some of the best wedding food they've ever eaten. If good food is what you're looking for from your caterer, BB&Co won't disappoint.

Sent on 12/15/2009

amanda · Married on 01/21/2018

4.2
      3.5
      3.5

The venue we chose had preferred venues. We were not happy with our first pick and about a 90 days prior we chose Bruce on referrals from vendors alone. At first the response time was impeccable! Around the holidays they were busy and one of the owners fell sick, but they got back into contact with us in respectable time. I don't know how they do it but the food at the wedding was BETTER than when we sampled the menu! We did have some accommodations between the venue, ourselves and the catering company that had to be mended but they handled it with grace.

The best advice I received was, "you need to be comfortable with your vendors." Their front end and waitstaff were so kind, Susan and Bruce were at our wedding to perfect every detail and you do not see that with every catering company! Everyone loved the food, presentation and cleanliness!

Sent on 02/18/2018

Rachel · Married on 03/17/2009

4.2
      3.0

Excellent favors foir the party! Will reccomend again

Sent on 03/25/2009

3.2
      3.0

Bruce Brown catering was very friendly and helpful when we were deciding who to go with. After we signed the contract I felt as though the friendliness greatly diminished. The tasting was amazing and we loved the food, however the day of fell short for us. We had a plate of cold food and had many guests tell us their food was all cold as well...this is not ideel for chicken and pork. We also noticied the entrees were both very dry. We also paid for 9 meals that were not utilitized due to a change in headcount yet we were never offered to have food boxed up to take home even though we had previously discussed it. The service staff seemed friendly and attentive though we were never offered any hors' d' oeuvres during cocktail hour and therefore didn't have any. This was our greatest expense and I was somewhat disappointed after all was said and done. I know the food and recipes were of top quality but with the costs we paid, the presentation did not reach the value we paid plus basically throwing away about $500 on meals that no one ate.

Sent on 04/06/2015