Brownell Travel Reviews

2 | Birmingham, AL

2 Reviews for Brownell Travel

Craig · Married on 06/18/2016

Ron Phillips of Brownell Travel helped us plan an amazing honeymoon to Italy. We wanted an intimate honeymoon that hit the major sites in Venice, Florence, and Rome however allowed us flexibility to explore. We did not want to be part of a planned tour trip, but did want to have guided tours of several of the sites and attractions. Ron helped us plan step by step, from locations, hotels, sites, hour tours, transportation, transfers, and restaurant recommendations. This was all done remotely. Ron is incredible, he is very knowledgeable about Europe and knew Italy well. He also was very attentive to us, responding quickly as we planned and was even in contact with us during the honeymoon. There is no doubt we will use Ron to plan our next adventure.

Sent on 08/20/2016

Caitlin · Married on 08/17/2019

Unprofessional & Unreliable

This review is to address the unprofessional experience I had with Katherine Norton at Brownell Travel Agency. We chose Brownell for our honeymoon after extensive research on their 5-star reviews; however, our experience was anything but that. After 4 months of planning my honeymoon, one day after an in person meeting that I felt went very well, I received an email several hours later from Katherine telling us that she was dropping us as clients without any explanation other than we were “not a good fit for Brownell”. We were blind sighted by this email, since during out meeting Katherine expressed a desire to continue working with us to meet our goals even offering for us to come back to the office for additional meetings. She was completely two faced and left us scrambling to plan a honeymoon without any connections or plans within 3 months. With the experience we had, we would NEVER recommend Brownell Travel to any of our friends or family. I am shocked by the way we were treated and the lack of professionalism exhibited by this company. Also, it should be noted they will charge you a $300 fee to work with them, which I later found out is not standard and most travel agents will never charge a fee.

Sent on 04/28/2019