Brown Goldsmiths Reviews

7 | Freeport, ME

7 Reviews for Brown Goldsmiths

Annie Kass · Married on 02/10/2019

Wedding Ring Heroes!

Exactly 5 days before my wedding, we found out that the Portland jewelry store we had worked with to purchase my wedding band was not going to be able to get the ring to us in time for the ceremony. Yikes! Panicked, I emailed Brown Goldsmiths at 8pm on a Friday. Two hours later (at 10pm) I received a calm and reassuring email back with clarifying questions. Within 12 hours, my fiancé and I were sitting in the beautiful Brown Goldsmith showroom in Freeport trying on a wedding band that was even more perfect than the original we had purchased from the other store. Claire and her team had the ring sized and ready to take home within 2 hours and also provided fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies, which solidified us as customers for life. We consider Brown Goldsmiths to be the heroes of our wedding and encourage everyone to visit them to experience their incredible craftsmanship and out-of-this world customer service.

Sent on 02/16/2019

Melissa · Married on 07/25/2015

We had a truly fantastic experience working with Brown Goldsmiths. We wanted to get our wedding bands from a local jeweler, and Brown’s reputation is so good, they were the obvious choice. And that reputation is well-deserved. We instantly felt welcomed, and developed a nice relationship with Sharon, who helped us immensely. We had some rather complicated requests (since we actually live in Canada, but were getting married in Portland). But they were very accommodating with working with us to make everything go smoothly. And we absolutely love our rings! My ring is a really beautiful diamond-studded band with an intricate filigree pattern along the back, which is stunning. My husband's band has a special profile that makes it incredibly comfortable to wear. But more importantly, we felt like we really connected with the people at Brown. Our customer experience was incredible, and they’ve gained customers for life.

Sent on 04/30/2016

Brown Goldsmiths's reply:

Melissa, we're so happy you enjoyed your time working with us. We're so glad you love your rings and encourage you to stop in any time you're in town so that we can inspect and clean your rings. We hope married life is treating you well, and hope to see you in our store again soon. Thank you for the kind words, it's customers like you that make our work so rewarding!

My fiancé designed my engagement ring with Brown Goldsmiths after visiting almost a dozen other jewelry stores. He really liked that they don't try to push items on you that you aren't looking for. We also went back and had our wedding bands custom made! The quality of work they do is superb!

Sent on 02/22/2014

Brown Goldsmiths's reply:

We're so happy you and your husband enjoyed your experience here! Thank you so much for thinking so highly of us.

Stephanie · Married on 12/06/2008

Brown goldsmiths made my beautiful custom engagement ring and wedding rings for my husband and I. We love our rings, they are elegant, understated, unique and exactly what we asked for! We did the whole process from California, too! With mostly emails and a few phone calls they were able to craft the perfect pieces for us. Aside from the talented jewelry-making, they are really nice people, too!

Sent on 01/12/2009

Brown Goldsmiths's reply:

Stephanie, thank you so much for your kind words. We were happy to work long distance with you and are so delighted you love your rings!

Galit · Married on 11/02/2008

I love Brown Goldsmiths. I designed my wife's engagement ring a year and a half before our wedding and then we went back to design our wedding bands. They were so patient and easy to work with. They were honest and helpful and only do work they will stand behind. They are picky with the quality of their diamonds and stones and we appreciated that. A wonderful little shop with great people and service. I recommend them highly.

Sent on 12/19/2008

Brown Goldsmiths's reply:

We're so happy you enjoyed your time working with us, and thank you for your kind words. We love creating special pieces of jewelry that honor the commitment and love a wedding represents, and customers like you make the hard work entirely worth it.

Amanda · Married on 09/22/2007

Great service. Very knowledgeable!

Sent on 04/13/2008

Virginia · Married on 10/13/2007

Brown created a custom wedding band for my unusually shaped engagement ring. The plans were drawn quickly and to my exact requests. The ring was created in 6 weeks and is beautiful. The cost was reasonable for a custom platinum band.

Sent on 10/31/2007