Brooklake Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

• Amanda
    Amanda B. Married on 11/18/2022

The most incredible venue

There aren’t enough positive things I can say about Booklake. This was the best decision we could have possibly made when planning our wedding. The space itself is absolutely beautiful and the views are breathtaking. We had to move our planned outdoor ceremony inside due to cold weather and strong winds, but we still had the same beautiful background as if we were outside thanks to the grand windows in the ballroom. Communication was always on point, and Wendy, who I worked with the most, was an absolute pleasure. She was so professional and knowledgeable and just an incredibly kind and caring person. The venue is such a well-oiled machine that, me being a novice and admittedly somewhat clueless bride, everything went so smoothly and I didn’t have to worry about anything because Wendy, Peter and the rest of the staff at Brooklake knew exactly what to do and when to do it. They helped guide me through the day and took everything I requested to heart. My now husband and I opted for the more traditional route and did not do a first look and they were amazing at making sure we did not bump into each other even with my random timing of wanting to take pictures before the ceremony. The food was amazing. I feel oftentimes at weddings venues/caterers either provide quality or quantity, but not always both. Brooklake had both and I’ve never heard so many compliments about the food at a wedding. The amount of delicious food we received was incredible for the price we payed, and while Brooklake does have minimum guest counts they are more than happy to provide upgrades for the food if the minimum is not met which was our case. We were able to upgrade to a seafood raw bar and have a suckling pig in our cocktail hour, and we also received churros as a to-go station at the end of the night. When I say the day was absolutely flawless and perfect I mean it, and it is Brooklake Country Club to thank. There is zero hesitation from me, if someone needs a venue recommendation Brooklake will always be the first place I recommend.
  • Horwitz
    Max K. Married on 10/29/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Stop your search! - Brooklake Country Club is the perfect venue for your wedding day!

If you're in search of a breathtaking wedding venue with a team of professionals who will go above and beyond to make your special day perfect, look no further than Brooklake Country Club. We had the pleasure of working primarily with the Catering Manager, Wendy who made us feel like family. She was incredibly communicative, helpful, and an excellent planning resource. Wendy was always available to answer questions and provide guidance throughout the planning process. We also worked with the Director of Catering, Peter who provided additional guidance based on his many years of experience at Brooklake. Wendy and Peter are the dynamic duo that you want on your side!

On the day of the wedding, everything was flawless. Our guests were in awe of the stunning venue, the drinks were flowing, and the cocktail hour and dinner food were exquisite. Every detail was taken care of and nothing was left to chance. The guests were raving about the venue, the food, and the service, and we couldn't be happier with the outcome.

Brooklake Country Club exceeded our expectations in every way, and we highly recommend it to anyone planning a wedding or event. Wendy and Peter will take care of everything, and you'll be able to relax and enjoy your special day knowing that everything is in good hands. Thank you, Brooklake Country Club, for making our wedding day unforgettable!
  • Y
    Yasmine H. Married on 10/23/2022

The best experience ever

An amazing venue. Worth every penny. Would highly recommend.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Rebecca S. Married on 10/22/2022

Perfect Day

When my fiance and I first entered Brooklake, we knew it was exactly the venue we imagined for our wedding, and were overjoyed they had an October 2022 date available for us. While we had no doubt our wedding would be amazing (gorgeous views, delicious food, friendly and professional staff), the Brooklake team truly exceeded our expectations. I cannot say enough good things about the day (and our guests can't stop talking about it either), but I want to specially thank their Catering Director Peter, Maitre D Natalia, and my Bridal Attendant Michelle for making the day especially wonderful and stress-free. Thank you to the Brooklake team for our most perfect wedding.
    Nicole B. Married on 08/12/2022

A Dream Come True!!

The word that comes to mind is MAGICAL! We loved everything about Brooklake Country Club!! When we started our wedding planning process about a year ago, we had looked at several venues. However, the moment we walked into Brooklake, our eyes lit up and we knew that this was the one. Everything about it was amazing - the staff was fantastic, the food was delicious and the view was absolutely breathtaking! If we could redo our wedding, we would choose Brooklake over and over again!

Brooklake's reply:

Thank you Nicole! It was our pleasure getting to know you and Robert over the last year. You guys danced the whole night! It was a beautiful night all around. All the best in your newly married life! Stay in touch -the team at Brooklake
    Joi M. Married on 08/06/2022

Gorgeous Wedding 8/6/22

The service and communication leading up to my daughter’s wedding was unbelievable. The venue is fresh and updated with a gorgeous paver patio terrace. There is a perfect view for the sunset over a large lake and golf course. The food was delicious, bartender /waiter service outstanding. Beautiful and fun lighting in the ballroom.. a large dance floor added to the mood of the reception.Our guests have been raving about this place. Wendy and Peter who coordinate the entire wedding are true gems in this business. We felt that our experience was a 5/5 and that our kids and our family and friends had the time of their lives, and a true dream wedding.

Brooklake's reply:

Thank you Joi! It was a true pleasure planning with you as well! We're so glad Jami & Michael were over the moon! All the best to your family and please share your photos with us! -the team at Brooklake
  • Filis
    Filis F. Married on 07/03/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Professional & A Well Oiled Machine!

The biggest “Thank You” to Peter Mitsaelides, Director of Catering at our Wedding Venue, The Brooklake Country Club in Florham Park, NJ, who produced our Perfect Wedding!
    During the several months of intricate planning, Peter’s frequent saying was, “Whatever you want, I will make it happen!” So, we always knew, we were in very good hands. He never said No, that’s impossible to us to any request and saw that our vision and wishes were carried out perfectly.
    Our guests have not stopped raving about the wonderful food, but also the incredible service, attentive, friendly staff and attention to detail that served everyone’s needs.
    In the end, we come away with many wonderful memories, a professional association, friendship and thrilled to be part of The Brooklake Wedding Family!

Photo: FFSignature

• Kelly
    Kelly A. Married on 06/03/2022

Best wedding ever

Brooklake was the perfect place for our wedding. What first drew us in were the beautiful grounds and indoor areas. The cocktail and reception areas are beautiful. Our guests loved the food and hospitality. All the servers and bar tenders were so nice! I wish we could relive our wedding all over again.
    Taylor S. Married on 04/14/2022

Best venue ever!

There was never a doubt in my mind that I needed to have my wedding at Brooklake Country Club. Peter was unbelievable to work with from day one till the end of our wedding night. Peter was the one who sat with us at our very first meeting and guided us in each direction through the planning process. Him and I got along from the moment we said hello to each other. He is absolutely amazing and wants to see every bride and groom have the best day. Peter's attention to detail is impeccable. He is truly a family man and makes you feel like family at Brooklake Country Club. Brooklake was recently renovated and the atmosphere is so classy and sophisticated. The staff are friendly, know how to treat guests, and make sure everything is run smoothly. The day of our wedding, even though I had been to Brooklake a dozen times, everything set up for my day truly took my breath away! (there is only one event at a time which is a huge bonus!) It was beyond beautiful and Peter took care of everything I wanted. I could never thank him enough! From every email I sent him, he was always quick to respond and was always helpful. If I wanted to add/change/move/fix something, he never made it an issue, always said okay! Our reception was so much fun, I have guests telling me every time I see them how amazing all of the food was and I still have guests telling me the cocktail hour was the BEST they ever saw and tasted! Our guests could not get over how much food there was. The bridal attendant that was with me all day did not leave my side. She was AMAZING. Anything I needed, she was there. There is truly not a better venue than Brooklake Country Club. We cannot thank Peter enough!
    Danielle Married on 11/07/2021

11-7-21 Wedding

The minute I walked into Brooklake for a tour, I already had my mind made up. The place is STUNNING inside & out and the staff is so friendly and professional. The year leading up to our wedding I was in contact with Peter a lot and he is just fantastic. Not only is he detail oriented and kind but he treated me and my family like his own. We had our wedding this past Sunday on 11-7-21 and everything turned out perfectly just the way I envisioned it with a wide variety of amazing food. My bridal attendant Adrianna was also wonderful. She made sure I was fed & had a drink at all times and was by my side for whatever I may have needed. Thank you SO much Brooklake staff for a beautiful day and night!!
    Ashley F. Married on 10/30/2021

Best wedding venue ever!

If you’re thinking of booking Brooklake - DO IT. We got married last week and it was truly the best weekend ever. Leading up to the event, Peter and the entire staff were extremely helpful, warm and accommodating. Planning was a breeze with them. The day of the wedding itself, the Brooklake team spared nothing to ensure our guests, family and bridal party were well cared for. They handled every detail, thought of more than I did, and did everything with such kindness. Peter is an absolutely wonderful person and we so enjoyed getting to know him. The rest of the staff that helped us, including my bridal attendant Adrianna, and every single person were so lovely - we only wish we could have gotten to know everyone better. Our family and friends had the best time and we are so filled with gratitude for the entire Brooklake team.
    Jeanette B. Married on 10/23/2021

Amazing Wedding!

The beauty of a Brooklake wedding is unparalleled. From its picturesque patio where we held our ceremony to the professionalism and class displayed by Wendy and the entire staff, our October 23, 2021 wedding was truly the best night of our lives. Our guests are still raving about the delicious food and how stunning the entire venue was - both inside and out! Every detail was taken care of with such grace to make sure our minds were at ease throughout the planning process. We are forever grateful for everyone at Brooklake, and couldn’t recommend this incredible venue more highly.

Brooklake's reply:

Thanks Jeanette! It was our pleasure. From your gorgeous ceremony, to a night where not one of your guests left the dance floor, it was an unforgettable wedding!! All the best to you and Conor in your new life together! -the team at Brooklake
  • Julie
    Julie J. Married on 10/09/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Wonderful venue for our perfect wedding!

My husband and I got married at Brooklake in October 2021 and we could not have had a more perfect day! After looking at many venues, we decided to book Brooklake and work with Peter, their catering director, as we really felt he would help us with every step of the planning process. From starting with our table setting options to finishing with what color lights we wanted in the ballroom, Peter helped us make every decision. He thoughtfully provided a million checklists and ideas so that we were sure to have every aspect covered. Peter and his team did a great job of walking us through the day of as well, making sure that we didn't miss a single thing. The food was delicious, the venue was beautiful, the waitstaff was wonderful - thank you for the most perfect day!
    Tod C. Married on 09/18/2021

Perfect from Start to Finish

We originally contracted with Brooklake in 2019 to host our daughter's wedding and reception in September 2020. When we postponed the wedding to September 2021, Brooklake was very flexible and accommodating. We worked with the Director of Catering, Peter Mitsaelides, who was responded promptly to our many requests and kept us informed of developments.
    Peter was highly organized, calm and reassuring during the entire process from booking through the conclusion of the event.
    The facilities are beautiful both indoors and out. The wedding was held under the tent on the patio (with over 200 guests), and guests had the option to return there during the reception if they wished. The grounds provide several good spots for photos with beautiful backdrops.
    There are bridal and groom suites, and there is also a room off the cocktail party room where the bridal party could gather after the ceremony.
    The food was outstanding, and the chef is able to create dishes from varied cuisines. We also hired an outside caterer to provide Indian food in addition to the food that was prepared in Brooklake's kitchen. We found that Brooklake was one of only a few venues in the area that would permit this. They are clearly accustomed to hosting Indian events (ours was mixed) and following the Indian traditions.
    Peter was visible before, during and after the ceremony and reception and ready to help with every request. We left some decorations and possessions behind, and when we went to pick them up the next day, they were intact, organized and on a cart, ready for us to take to our car.
    I want to recognize Bea, who looked after the bride and groom and close family members during the cocktail hour and reception, making sure that we were well-supplied with food and drink.
  • Bill
    Bill S. Married on 09/11/2021

The Best Wedding Ever

Don’t look any further than Brooklake for your next wedding or event. I have been to weddings all over NJ, and now finally hosted my own here. Every other venue in the area can’t compete with the service, views, and unbelievable food Brooklake has to offer.

We first found Brooklake when our good friends had their wedding there, and we are glad we chose brooklake as our own venue. Cocktail hour has food for days with plenty of seating for everyone. Dinner was fantastic, and each table got their own server that regularly would refill any drinks you needed. There were never any waits at the bars, even with our guest count of 250. The grounds and golf course are beautiful with plenty of great photo opportunities for you and guests.

Peter the catering director is one of the most caring and accommodating people we have ever worked with, and would do another event here at our next opportunity. Every family member we’ve spoken to after our wedding has said “Wow - that was the best wedding we’ve ever been to.”
  • Elijah
    Elijah B. Married on 09/05/2021

Made Our Vegan Wedding Perfect

Wendy and her staff made our wedding the perfect day. Her expertise was indispensable, and the chef was able to make a fully vegan menu for us which our omnivorous guests described as the best food out of any wedding they went to. I strongly recommend this beautiful venue, with incredibly attentive and professional staff that made us feel both safe and happy.
  • Milly
    Milly L. Married on 07/31/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best Day of Our Lives!!! Thank you Brooklake!

I don’t even know how to start this review without crying. I’m a covid bride, we went from June 6, 2020 to November 28, 2020 to July 31, 2021

Brooklake was just so wonderful to us the entire process. The most attentive group of people I have ever met. Carol and Peter have been with us every step of the way. Making sure ALL of our questions were answered. All of our concerns are discussed. Our wedding day was the best day of our lives. I handed my wedding decor with a PowerPoint presentation lol and every little detail that I asked for was done to the T! The food was spectacular. We are big foodies and this was such a big part of our worry we wanted a lot of GOOD food and boy did we get it!! We added the seafood station and if you’re contemplating it, DO IT it was so worth it! Everyone is still raving about our cocktail hour. The Red Snapper, Chicken Wellington and Filet were all so amazing!!! Everything happened without a hitch and there’s a group of people behind that.

Maury, thank you so much for making sure our day was just perfect. I cannot begin to imagine the kind of work the Maitre D had to do to manage a 200 person wedding. Thank you!

Edith, my love I don’t know if I would been able to have made it through this day without you. You were by my side the entire day making sure I took a second to breath, to drink, to make sure my dress and hair were in place for pictures. Holding my straw so I don’t ruin my lipstick. Grabbing us food and feeding us as we walk and talk to our guests. You are a saint.

Carol, I don’t even know what to you say. I guess I can start with, you were right. I had the most amazing wedding a girl can only dream of. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking such an amazing care of my husband and I. Thank you for your patience, your kindness and you attention to detail. Everything was perfect just like you promised. I wish I would of listened to you when you told me time and time again not to worry.

Peter, I know I already cried and hugged you to death when we picked up our stuff after the wedding but Thank You just doesn’t seem enough to express our sincerest gratitude. I know that I am as organized as they come but you my friend has got me beat. You do not miss any detail. A true perfectionist in the best compliment possible. We will forever cherish our wedding day and it’s all thanks to you and the entire Brooklake staff.

We made the absolute right choice by picking this venue. The grounds were stunning. Our ceremony was picturesque. If you have any doubt in your mind if you should book Brooklake.. come find me, I’ll answer all of your questions and will put your mind at ease.
  • Lauren
    Lauren H. Married on 07/24/2021

Must-book venue!!

I just had my wedding at Brooklake Country Club on 7/24/21 (rescheduled from 8/22/20) and could not have been more thrilled with how the day and night turned out! Peter, Carol, and everyone else that we dealt with at BCC were all amazing to work with - so sweet, beyond organized and truly just as invested in making your dream wedding come to life as the bride and groom are! They made sure everything was executed perfectly, and really treated us like family. Our guests were absolutely blown away at how gorgeous this venue is - both inside and outside! The newly renovated lobby, cocktail hour room, and ballroom are stunning, and the outside grounds are beautiful with greenery, flowers, and the most gorgeous views for sunset. To top it all off, the food was all so delicious!! Our guests are still raving about how amazing cocktail hour and dinner was. Brooklake will forever hold a special place in my heart and I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone booking their wedding!!!
    Avani D. Married on 07/05/2021

Beautiful Location

Brooklake is an amazing location! Our contact there Peter is a great human being who helped us with the planning from the very beginning all the way to the last second of us being there. His team was professional and very accommodating. The view is beautiful and serene. I would recommend this location to everyone.

Brooklake's reply:

Thank you avani so much for taking the time to write this beautiful review. The best of luck as you begin your new life together!

carol landers, catering, brooklake
  • Kavita
    Kavita I. Married on 06/27/2021

Book Brooklake for your Dream Wedding

We fell in love with the Brooklake Country Club the moment we visited the venue back in December 2019. Due the pandemic, we had to push our wedding from September 2020 to June 2021 and we're so glad we did. Peter and his team ensured we had the wedding of our dreams. The place was immaculate and they installed a beautiful outdoor tent where we had the ceremony that overlooks the golf course. It was a stunning location and guests were in awe. The BCC staff were so helpful and made sure all of the guests were comfortable and well taken care of.
    Nicole S. Married on 06/26/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best Wedding Venue in Northern NJ!

We just had our wedding at Brooklake on June 26th and it was the most magical day ever. Everyone at Brooklake was amazing. Peter, Edith and the Maitre D were all wonderful and made our day go so smooth. The tent outside was beautiful along with the grounds. Everyone said that the food was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. I can't thank them enough for making my special day the best! Thank you!
    Nancy Married on 06/19/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing venue, outstanding staff, and great services!

The brooklake team was amazing to work with, from the first time we met with Wendy she walked us through the process and made everything very easy for us as we were changing our destination wedding to a NJ one due to the pandemic and had less than 90 days. Wendy was very easy to work with and included our requests to change some menu items. The day of our wedding the whole staff at Brooklake was very attentive to our needs, helped us not only with the flowers and dress but even helped with the kids when the bridal party needed to take pictures ! The food was excellent and the service was amazing!

Brooklake's reply:

Thank you Nancy and Dan! It was a pleasure hosting your wedding. Hopefully one day soon you'll get to celebrate in Aruba! All the best to you both.
    Kinjal D. Married on 04/17/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Dream wedding venue with a dream team!

Brooklake Country Club is a phenomenal place to get married! the sweeping views of the golf course, the sunset, and the elegant decor inside the hall with big windows and natural light were breathtaking. Above all else however the staff specifically Peter, Adriana (my fabulous bridal attendant), Maury and Carol were absolutely incredible. They were so accommodating and understanding with both us and our families. They made our wedding better than we ever dreamed! We all really felt the team cared about us, about our day, and made our wedding stress-free (which is virtually impossible with Indian weddings)! I highly highly recommend this venue for any bride who values unparalleled views, elegant and clean decor and a team who treats you like family. For all my fellow Indian brides out there, get married here! You will fall in love! Huge thanks to the Brooklake Country Club family
    Stephanie S. Married on 10/23/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Brooklake Saved Our Wedding!!

Brooklake literally saved our wedding! My husband and I were originally set to be married at another venue on October 23, 2020, but with covid, our plans changed so many times, leaving us scrambling to find a new venue to get married at by September. Fortunately, with less than two months to spare, Brooklake had our date available! We met with Peter for our tour who was just beyond exceptional! Peter took the time to answer all our questions and take us on the grounds, including where our first look would be. He was always in communication with us and quick to respond. He was such a pleasure to work with and such a breath of fresh air! Without question, we booked Brooklake right away! This was easily the best decision we made for the entire wedding. We had an absolute BLAST at Brooklake! Our wedding was phenomenal and we owe it all to Brooklake. To start, Brooklake’s grounds are just breath taking. Especially in the fall, the leaves and fountains made for the most picture perfect day. In addition, the staff at brooklake are just beyond exceptional! They pay attention to every little finite detail and make sure everything is perfectly executed, all with kindness and curtesy. They all made sure that we kept on track and kept the day flowing seamlessly. Peter, Maury, and Natalia were always checking in with us to make sure everything was going as planned. In addition, my bridal attendant was always by my side, helping fix my dress and making sure I looked my best for every moment. The wait staff were so attentive. They were always nearby with hor d’oeurves and always made sure our glasses were full. I was simply blown away by the service at Brooklake. The staff truly found a way to make us feel special. My husband and I are so thankful for all of their hard work. It did not go unnoticed! Lastly, the food. Oh my, the food is just unreal at Brooklake. Trust me, your guests will be happy! All in all, Brooklake knows what they are doing when it comes to weddings! I truly could not have dreamed of a better wedding day. My husband and I will always be thankful to Brooklake for making our wedding day a reality and the best day of our lives! We truly hope we can book another event there!
  • Caitlin
    Caitlin M. Married on 08/29/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Brooklake was worth the wait!

When we first met Peter in July of 2019, we knew that this was the place that we wanted to have our wedding. The grounds and the rooms were absolutely gorgeous and Peter was so patient with all of our questions. When the pandemic hit, Peter was so kind and supportive of all of our worries and concerns. He held a Saturday in 2021 for us until the very last minute that we felt we could not have our August 29, 2020 wedding. Waiting the extra year at the time was so upsetting but well worth the wait. The food, the atmosphere, and the service were beyond our wildest dreams. Everyone was so attentive to not only Greg and I but our parents. The viennese table got rave reviews from our guests! Everything about Brooklake exceeded our expectations and I wish I could do it all again. Having to postpone at the time was so difficult but I can’t say enough how much I love everyone at Brooklake. Thank you for making our day so special after such a long time. We are so lucky to have had you!
    Love, Caitlin & Greg Baxter