Brookhaven Country Club Reviews

4.8 out of 5 rating, 26 Reviews
View more information

Jessica Married on 05/21/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Extremely satisfied with my experience. They really do an amazing job the day of helping set everything up. Brittany worked well with all of my vendors to coordinate set up and they even helped us find some baby's breath the day of when it was sold out all over town! I was really impressed with the service they provided.
    Carol Married on 05/21/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    This venue was exceptional!! Not just my opinion but the opinion of several of my guest. The guests who belong to the club made comments that it didn't seem like the same place. Very elegant venue which has recently been updated. The staff from start to finish was great! Diane and Brittany were always very reassuring and they did outstanding on the setup and went above and beyond what was expected. My guest also commented on how great the food was. Everything was perfect.
    Charles Married on 03/17/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    This place is amazing! So professional, beautiful venue to have any kind of event, and the staff are wonderful.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Liz Married on 06/06/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My wedding reception at Brookhaven Country Club was BEAUTIFUL, and I attribute all of the success to the most amazing wedding planner who helped me, Justin Lopez. From the gorgeous linens and lighting to the breath-taking flowers and tablescapes, Justin transformed a typical country club space into an exquisite and unique space! He took the time to have several meetings with me to select the perfect menu for the evening, including passed hors d'oeuvres, serving stations, a lovely cake/cupcake display and unique signature cocktails. Justin is so talented, coming up with ideas I never could have imagined! He designed a reception that was the perfect balance of sophistication and warmth that also managed to feel laid-back and cozy - exactly what we wanted for our guests. Justin runs a tight ship and his staff was spot-on for every detail - every aspect of the evening was expertly executed and on-time. I have to say that as the bride, it was completely stress-free which was such a wonderful blessing on my big night! Justin is not only the consummate professional, he is wildly creative and so much fun to worth with!! I will definitely be using Justin to plan my future events!
    Nancy Married on 11/10/2012
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Wonderful facility and easy to work with. I didn’t hire a wedding planner nor was one needed. Brookhaven provides a wedding consultant. Everyone in my family had opinions / demands... I give Julie a gold star. She handled all questions and request with a smile and made this a dream night to remember for all guest and bride / groom... It was a fairy tale event. The Ceremony was held at a church with pictures after the wedding. I was concerned, since the guest would arrive before the bridal party. Julie coordinated outside vendors: the band (Linda Petty) Plano florist, Delicious cakes... We did a plated dinner - the chef gets an A++. Food was served hot and tasty. Several friends said it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. Wine was on the top of my husband’s list of demands. Brookhaven worked with us to find an affordable, good wine. I highly recommend this vender.
    Kim Married on 07/14/2012
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We decided to use Brookhaven Country Club as our reception site. The food was excellent, and we worked with Katy Boykin who was very professional, flexible and easy to work with. Also, the staff was very accommodating even in light of the bad weather that evening.

Also, the facility offered on-site ceremony locations even though we didn't take advantage of them. There were also very flexible floor plans to accommodate any size wedding. Overall, a wonderful experience.
    K Married on 07/07/2012
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My daughter's wedding reception at Brookhaven exceeded all of my and my daughter's expectations! The venue was beautiful, the food was fantastic, and the staff - especially Julie Williamson - were professional, accomodating, and a joy to work with!
  • User858451 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Great venue and great help! Budget friendly and good atmosphere! Enjoyed every second of our time working with Brookhaven.
    Marcia Married on 05/27/2012
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We received so much more in services, than we expected! So accomodating! Anything we needed and the price was so much lower than we thought!! The food was so good and had lots of compliments. The club's event coorinators were so easy going and ALWAYS returned phone calls:-) We've had 3 weddings in 4 years and this was the easiest, but still elegant and fun!
    Kristin Married on 04/14/2012
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Wonderful reception! MAde our day so special! Thank you for helping us create the perfect memory!
    Lisa Married on 04/09/2011
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Julie and the entire staff at Brookhaven Country Club went above and beyond to make our day special. I am forever thankful for their attention to detail, creating thinking and care that they demonstrated from day one of planning to "I do."
  • nancymac
    Nancy Married on 05/08/2010
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The wedding coordinator and all the staff at Brookhaven Country Club were absolutely amazing! They responded quickly to everything, listened to our ideas, gave good advice, and did everything the way we wanted. They were so on top of things; I never worried about the reception. Everyone says the food was amazing as well!
  • SLMW
    Sheri Married on 03/27/2010
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    WONDERFUL! Unfortunately, the person we worked with is no longer with them, but Keeley was fabulous and a loss for this Club. I don't know who will replace her, but if they do half the job she did, it will be a great experience for you. Everyone at the wedding said the food, location, and overall experience was one of the best they had been to. It was the most fun part of planning the entire wedding. Keeley's suggestions and calmness helped immensely to ease the pain of detail planning. Seriously, the food and decor (by Cody, the Club's horticulturist) was the best in the area (and I researched them all!). The best value I could find for a classy reception at a reasonable price.
  • W
    Maria Married on 05/07/1994
    Everything was perfect.
  • User873097 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Brookhaven has a beautiful facility with delicious catering options. The staff was very willing to provide suggestions and advice in our planning stage. They set up the reception venue perfectly and provided help throughout the entire night to ensure that my wedding ran smoothly. Thanks so much!!
    Traci S. Married on 06/02/2012
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Julie and Katy couldn't have been more helpful with the wedding. They went above and beyond expectations. And the food and waitstaff were excellent.
  • Jessie
    Jessie Married on 10/31/2009
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We worked with Jennifer for months and she was helpful the entire time! And not just with what Brookhaven was doing for us, she helped with other vendors too! The whole day was perfect and the food was wonderful. Sherman is an amazing chef and he worked with us to make a few special dishes because of the food restrictions a couple guests had. Our ceremony and reception was at Brookhaven and both went off without a hitch. The layout of the chairs around the firepit was perfect, just like everything was for our day! I can't say enough good things about Jennifer, Brookhaven and everyone who worked so hard on our day!
  • User2233086 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Justin Lopez, and the staff at Brookhaven Country Club, went above and beyond our expectations! Our meetings with Justin prior to the event were detailed and comprehensive and he made himself available to us to meet all of our needs. Justin also helped us iron out last minute issues with the wedding cake vendor and made sure that everything was in place and insured that the reception moved smoothly. The food was excellent and service was very professional. The venue was the perfect size for our reception and offered great flexibility for our guests as well as offering a variety of photo opportunities both inside and outside of the reception hall. The venue did not come cheaply, but you get what you pay for... a reception to remember for a lifetime!
    Natalie Married on 04/21/2012
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We really enjoyed working with Julie and Brookhaven Country Club. It was very easy and painless. We were able to do everything we wanted on our budget, but still were able to have a very nice and elegant wedding. I would definitely recommend this country club to anyone looking to do a wedding and reception at the same place. The food was everything we picked out and amazing. The venue was set up the way we wanted. Everything went so smoothly that it was over before we knew it.
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer Married on 02/09/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Beautiful venue and great staff!

Brookhaven was wonderful to work with! They were willing to try any idea we had and very flexible as we refined the details of our event. We had an amazing day and everything looked stunning!

They do provide an event manager which helped to facilitate everything going on at the club -- like setup and food. They were exceptional at this. Amanda, my event manager, was very detailed and helpful in creating the layout of the event, coordinating the tables/chairs based on my seating chart and having the venue ready for us. She was great at keeping notes and remembering what we had discussed for the event.

An additional benefit of Brookhaven, they had rooms we could get ready in! This made it very easy to have both the groomsmen+groom and bride+bridesmaid all getting ready in one location with ample space. This made photography very easy. It also made it very easy to coordinate transportation between the ceremony and reception for the bridal party as well as allowing a place for the bridal party to leave their pre-wedding attire while the festivities were going on.

I would highly recommend having a day-of-coordinator if you choose Brookhaven. This is someone who would work with the event manager to make sure centrepieces are set and that everything is delivered. While the event manager does know all of the details, there are so many things going on that having a day-of-coordinator to make sure everything is in place -- decorative photos, guest book, signage, etc. -- is necessary.

I would highly recommend Brookhaven as a venue. They did a great job of taking care of us and our guests!
    Desiree Married on 04/28/2012
      4.0 out of 5 rating
    Great place! They worked with me to make things come out how we wanted it! The venue is awesome especially if you want an outdoor setting for your ceremony! We had a great time and everyone enjoyed themselves.
    Bob Married on 01/21/2012
    4.3 out of 5 rating
      3.0 out of 5 rating
      4.5 out of 5 rating
    The club provided a great venue for both the ceremony and reception. The staff was great through the day and it went off without a hitch. They really worked with us, including allowing our dog to be the ring bearer for the ceremony. The food was very good and they worked with us on the format of the ceremony. All in all, we would do it again at Brookhaven.
    Dennis Married on 06/11/2011
    4.3 out of 5 rating
      3.5 out of 5 rating
      4.5 out of 5 rating
    Great venue for a reception, Service staff were not provided as promised. Took long time to serve Food, 90 % of the guests did not receive the champagne nor the cake
    Courtney Married on 02/18/2012
    4.1 out of 5 rating
      3.5 out of 5 rating
      4.0 out of 5 rating
    Everything went pretty smooth. Julie was great to work with.
    Morena Married on 06/23/2012
    4 out of 5 rating
      3.0 out of 5 rating
      4.0 out of 5 rating
    The ceremony at the firepit was awesome but the only problem was golfers kept passing by while the ceremony was taking place making it difficult for the photographer to take some good pics. Guests were also swimming while the ceremony was taking place and it was kinda of noisy. The food was great and my tables were decorated the way I've requested. Other than that, the country club is a nice place to have the wedding at.
illustration stars