Brilliant Event Lighting Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

• Mya
    Mya M. Married on 08/05/2021

Beautiful Lighting for Our Wedding

The lighting and draping for our event was absolutely beautiful! Scott was easy to work with and answered all our questions. We would definitely recommend Scott and his company for any special event! Thank you for helping to make our day so beautiful and special.
  • Allison
    Allison Married on 07/10/2021

Magical Lighting with Zero Stress!

For our wedding at the Bali Hai's Hawaiian Village, we wanted some softer outdoor lighting & papel picado. Scott from Brilliant Event Lighting provided some excellent examples & took care of everything. He's extremely responsive over email so coordinating was simple. We were able to rent their papel - which made the decoration extra easy. I've never actually met Scott because his team were so efficient that they set up our lighting / decor prior to the setup time at the Bali Hai. That meant that the second we showed up - everything looked amazing. Thank you Scott & Brilliant Event Lighting for your help on our special day!
  • Julia
    Julia K. Married on 10/20/2019

Beautiful twinkle lights, chandeliers and uplighting

Scott had some beautiful ideas for our space at the Meadows of Temecula Creek Inn (I wish we could have done them all) but he worked with our budget and made everything so beautiful. Our twinkle curtain was our favorite and we got so many compliments on it. Thanks Scott!!
  • Cass
    Cass Married on 10/19/2019

Amazing lighting service!

Scott is great! I booked them for my wedding in October and everything went well. I used a parking lot for the reception and I didn't exactly have an idea in mind of how I wanted the set up to be, all I knew is that I didn't want it to look like a regular parking lot. Scott knew what I wanted before I even thought it! Alas, everything went great and I got so many compliments on how the reception and the lights came together! It definitely was a memorable night for my guests! I highly recommend him!
  • Nicholas
    Nicholas Married on 05/11/2019

Exactly What We Wanted!

Scott and his team did a fantastic job! My wife and I got married on May 11th, 2019 in San Marcos at Green Gables Wedding Estate. There's a gazebo that the bride and groom usually stand in front of during the Ceremony, and we'd seen pictures of the interior of the gazebo draped in a very specific way. Our DJ was already providing lighting, so all we wanted was to have the gazebo draped exactly how we'd seen it in photos. Brilliant Event Lighting had worked at the venue before, knew exaclty what we were looking for, and were able to recreate it perfectly. They were also done setting up before the wedding party even arrived at the venue, and took it down while we were all celebrating during the Reception. We highly recommend them!
  • Kelly
    Kelly Married on 09/15/2018

Amazing lighting and drapery work

Scott and his team go above and beyond to make sure your wedding vision come to life. We had a non traditional venue and really needed to bring in elements that would make it feel classier and more wedding-like. Everyone at our wedding couldn’t stop talking about how amazing the room looked with the elegant drapery accenting the walls and the beautiful lighting inside and outside. Scott is a dream vendor to work with, his prices are very reasonable and he always wants to make sure you’re happy with the outcome. I HIGHLY recommend him and his team!
    Megan Married on 05/05/2018
    Scott was wonderful to work with. We used his lighting and draping services for our wedding and he did an incredible job! He helped us pick the best lights and draping configuration leading up to our wedding, and even upgraded us for free to new pin lights the month before our wedding because he got new equipment. The mark of a good vendor is one you don’t have to worry about, and Scott definitely falls into that category. Highly recommend!
    Nikita Married on 04/01/2018
    Scott is literally a master at lighting and just a godsend for our destination wedding in Carlsbad. I couldn't recommend him more for your event lighting needs. He turned ballrooms and outdoor spaces into totally different experiences utilizing all sorts of techniques and colors to bring our vision to life - from market lights to pin spots and colored uplighting (that was not tacky might I add - super important to me). His pricing was very reasonable for what we were getting. It also helped that he had experience working at our venue, Park Hyatt Aviara, before - so he knew a lot of the ins and outs of what we could or couldn't do. Also, on the day of, he really did whatever he could do make sure the look across the board came to life in the best possible light, pun intended - even if that meant doing more than what was asked of him. Use him!
    Reshaunda Married on 09/02/2017
    The uplights and Gobo was the last touch needed to set the ambiance for our reception. Scott was amazing to work with and provided everything that I requested. Would highly recommend!
    Ashley Married on 08/12/2017
    They're awesome!!! Made my space look amazing!!!
    Katherine Married on 04/30/2017
    We got married in April and used Brilliant Event Lighting for market lights over the Rose Garden courtyard at Darlington House. We shared the lighting with the other couple getting married that weekend, and Scott was easy to work with and gave us a great price to set them up and leave them for 2 days. The lights looked great and created a nice warm atmosphere as the sun set.
  • User2872010 2+ years ago
    Scott was great to work with and he really made the room pop!! He is very responsive and was a must in my book in terms of booking with him!
    Dawn Married on 10/15/2016
    Scott and his crew from Brilliant Event Lighting were fabulous! I had a twinkle light vision in my head for my wedding reception but was not sure how to make it work since the reception was inside. I decided i wanted to hang the twinkle light behind the sheers that were floor to ceiling on 3 different walls covering windows and glass doors. Scott was able to come out to the venue prior to the wedding to make sure this was something he could do and to give an estimate. Not only was he able to hang the twinkle light beautiful he also made a fabulous Gobo for one of our walls. We also had him bring in some uplighting to male sure there was a good, soft, balance to the room. I would absolutely use them again!
    Kim Married on 10/08/2016
    We used Brilliant Event Lighting at our wedding at the Crossings in Carlsbad and could not have been happier. Scott was great to work with from the beginning and was extremely accommodating. He was able to fit his set-up time into our schedule seamlessly. The Crossings is a beautiful venue on it's own, but Brilliant Events market lights and paper lanterns added a whole new element to our wedding, and really made the venue complete. This vendor's pricing is also competitive and better than other vendors in the area, including the vendor that the venue recommended initially (we found BEL on Yelp). Thank you to Scott and the team at Brilliant Event Lighting, you truly added a beautiful element to our amazing day!
  • User2774516 2+ years ago
    Scott from Brilliant Event Lighting is the guy you want lighting up your special event. He is professional, helpful, careful to create the event you will love within a budget you can afford. Our first dance under the lighting Scott created was amazing. Scott and his team totally transformed the room. We couldn't believe it when we walked in but when we saw the pictures, there was no denying it. Brilliant Event Lighting is the way to go! Afterward he and his brother were super friendly while still being so efficient in clean up and taking care of everything.
    K&P
  • Kristen
    Kristen Married on 06/10/2016
    Brilliant Event Lighting did our market lights for our wedding and we absolutely loved the end product. They were professional and easy to work with and the most reasonable that we found price wise. Here are some photos: http://cloveandkin.com/blog/bali-hai-wedding-kristen-patrick/
    Rhonda Married on 05/29/2016
    I contacted Scott McBride concerning lighting services for my son and daughter-in-law’s planned 2015 wedding and found him to be very personable, professional and knowledgeable. Scott was able to offer several suggestions in keeping with the couple’s budget, which was greatly appreciated. The wedding was ultimately postponed a year due to the sudden passing of a loved one, and once back on track Brilliant Event Lighting was the immediate go-to lighting vendor. To my surprise, Scott had retained all of the notes from the previous year’s communications, and demonstrated what a kind and compassionate individual he is by honoring the prior quote for services. Throughout the process (including on set-up date) Scott and his crew did EVERYTHING they could to make the couple’s vision come to life and the lighting truly was perfect! I absolutely loved that it was not overdone, it was the perfect supplement to an already beautiful ballroom. In addition, the custom gobo was beautiful beyond words. FANTASTIC job Scott and crew, we could not have asked for more!!!
  • User2493939 2+ years ago
    I came across Brilliant Event Lighting on Wedding Wire and we are so glad we did! They provided beautiful lighting to our wedding venue for the evening. They showed up promptly and cleared out the lighting since we were on a time restriction. They did a great job and was familiar with the venue we were using. I would highly recommend them!
    Lisa Married on 07/04/2015
    The lighting that Brilliant Event Lighting set up for our wedding reception really made it special. The market lights and white paper lanterns definitely enhanced the outdoor pavilion (Hawaiian Village at Bali Hai Restaurant), and made it look festive and gorgeous. Guests remarked on how nice they thought it looked. After looking at the photos from the wedding, we were glad we had the lighting added because it really showed up well in the photographs. Scott was great to work with, and the lighting was installed well before the wedding, so there were no worries. I'm so pleased that we decided to go with Brilliant Event Lighting to help make our wedding reception very beautiful!
    Paige Married on 05/03/2014
    Scott and his team were FANTASTIC to work with from beginning to end. Their service was top-notch, personalities were great to work with, the product was what we ordered and looked great. They were thorough and detailed which you don't always get with lighting/av vendors. They just operate one step ahead and a bit above the norm. Would refer them anytime and work with them again anytime!
    Sandra Married on 10/12/2013
    Scott was excellent and professional. He efficiently communicated with us and really listened to what we wanted. He was flexible, informative and had great ideas on how we could save money and get the most for every dollar. He took a lot of time with us at the venue and everyone at the wedding thought the lighting was amazing and breathtakingly beautiful around the pool, dance floor and photo booth. Great company to help make this day so special. My husband and I were so thankful for all Scott's help to make our only daughter's wedding so...memorable.
    Jose A. Married on 09/21/2013
    The quality of the service was more than expected, and the friendliness of Scott and Desiree was most ideal to work with. They exceeded our expectations for our very special wedding day by listening to our vision and making it happen. The lighting set the ambiance and pulled the whole vision for the venue together. They also were willing to work with us with our budget and timing. We are so grateful for the wonderful job they did on the lighting!
    Justine Married on 05/18/2013
    We had an event at The Inn at Rancho Santa Fe and after meeting with several lighting companies, we decided to go with Brilliant Event Lighting. We were a little hesitant to even have lighting at our event because we were already over budget but I am SO happy we did!! Brent and Scott were excellent to work with and they were able to transform the room into exactly what we had wished for! They both did an AMAZING job and we would definitely recommend Brilliant Event Lighting!
    Chris Married on 04/06/2013
    I used Brilliant Event Lighting for our wedding in La Jolla, CA. What began as a beautiful, late afternoon setting overlooking the Pacific Ocean was later enhanced and transformed into a magically illuminated nightime experience. It captured the beauty and joy of the venue... Loved the first dance under the market lights :). The very professionally done lighting layout and effects were truly a highlight. I was very impressed with their work and pricing was very reasonable. Highly recommend.
    Courtney Married on 09/15/2012
    I was incredibly pleased with Brilliant Event Lighting! They are great to work with- family owned company, and really made my wedding a priority! I’ve heard that lighting can have a huge impact on your wedding– and I am so glad I listened. The lighting really set the mood for the evening– served as decoration with uplighting & most importantly– it really impacted the quality of my photos & video! I give an all around 5 stars to Brilliant Event Lighting, I recommend you give them a call!