Bright Crystal Wedding Reviews

1 User photo

• Karly
    Karly M. Married on 09/11/2021

Hire! Amazing artists!

All the artists were amazing. Quick, ahead of schedule and every style of hair and makeup came out stunning!! 24 hours later and my makeup is still on looking flawless! Hire them!
  • Monica
    Monica G. Married on 08/22/2021

Highly Recommend!!

Bright Crystal Wedding did bridal hair and make up for myself and bridesmaids and we were 100% satisfied with their services! From the beginning, they were very responsive, arrived on time and did an amazing job! Our hair and makeup lasted all day and they were able to reproduce hair and makeup styles we found online perfectly! Very satisfied! Do not hesitate to book with them! You will not be disappointed!
  • Darylese
    Darylese S. Married on 02/13/2021

Great experience

I had a great experience with bright crystal! They were super professional and on time. They were very flexible in adding more people last minute who wanted to get their hair and makeup done. They also had time to touch up everyone’s hair and makeup before we left to take pictures! Highly recommend them :)
  • D.
    Lilah Married on 07/25/2020

Rena is amazing!

Rena did my hair and makeup for myself for my wedding as well as my matron of honor. She is super flexible and was able to work with me in the middle of the pandemic. All of was super safe and well. She showed up on time at my hotel with a mask and face shield on at the crack of dawn. Wedding photos were amazing. I got so many compliments on my makeup. I found Bright Crystal through many positive yelp reviews. Rena is the owner of Bright Crystal. She is kind, professional, and talented.
  • Darlene
    Darlene G. Married on 10/12/2019

Perfect Wedding Stylist

Our hair stylists were amazing and met my expectations, as well as my bridesmaids! They were on time, polite and got straight to business.
  • Annie
    Annie T. Married on 06/22/2019

Natural Makeup but Enhanced

It was a pleasure working with Yuko for my wedding day hair and makeup. Reina, the owner, did my hair and makeup for my engagement photoshoot. When I had a hard time choosing between a half-up/half-down vs. a low bun up-do, Yuko did both hair styles during our trial session and we were able to figure out that an up-do was better. Yuko and Reina would always double check with me if I wanted to add more color/ darken the color of any eyeshadow, blush, or eyeliner I had one to make sure we have achieved the look I wanted.

On my wedding day, I had a hair accessory to incorporate for my mom, MIL, and myelf, which Yuko was able to help do so. The whole process was smooth and my makeup stayed on all night without creasing or patches. Love my wedding look.
    Bonnie Married on 01/02/2019
    amazing work!!! Great service !!!!
  • Shannon
    Shannon Married on 12/08/2018

Beautiful hair!

Rena and the Bright Crystal Wedding team were amazing! My first hair trial did not go as well as I hoped, but it was because I did not pay close enough attention to the photo that I brought for reference, and I needed more hair (thank you clip in extensions!). I scheduled a second trail with a new photo and the extensions and my hair turned out even better than I could have hoped for. On the wedding day they were on time and every ones hair stayed perfect all day!
    Stephanie Married on 11/30/2018

Amazing and professional team!

I found Rena on Yelp and used her for my 11/30/18 wedding. She is very professional, responds to emails quickly, and is a pleasure to work with. I would definitely recommend her to future brides or others needing hair/makeup services!

Hair: Rena was able to take my inspiration photos and requests and quickly replicate it in my hair during my trial. I did not want a veil, but wanted to include a hair piece and she helped picked one that would look good with my hair style. Between my trial and my wedding, my mother gave me the hair piece she wore at her wedding. I asked Rena to try to incorporate the piece instead of hers and she obliged beautifully. She even brought the other piece as backup in case my mom's was too big or did not look right.

Makeup: Rena was excellent in creating a look that was beautiful yet still looked like myself. She was careful to ask me what my normal styles/routine was like. Everyone was pleased with their makeup application and we all looked perfect throughout the night.
  • Patricia
    Patricia Married on 11/10/2018

Amazing job by Yuko!

Yuko from Bright Crystal Wedding did an amazing job. She was punctual, professional, accommodating, and very nice. She came to my house and worked on my daughter, my mom, and I. It took several hours, in the end she achieved our desired look. She helped me feel beautiful.
    Sherry Married on 09/01/2017
    Rena did my hair and makeup for my wedding and I am so glad that I hired her! She is truly talented and made me look so much better than I could have imagined! In addition, her prices are really reasonable for the quality of the work and she is really easy to work with--on time and responsive. It was disgustingly hot on the day of my wedding--over 100 degrees and humid--and my makeup and hair still looked great at the end of the evening (even though I had been sweating all day)!
    Julie Married on 08/26/2017
    I found Rena through Yelp and after seeing all the amazing reviews and photos, and decided to use her hair and makeup services for my engagement photos and wedding. Rena was able to replicate the hairstyle photos I showed her, and made my hair look even prettier than the photos I showed her :D Her makeup skills don't make you look like a different person with heavy caked on makeup. You still look like yourself, but a more elegant version.

My engagement photo shoot was by the water and it was so windy outside. My hair held up so well in the strong wind. Somehow Rena was able to keep the hairstyle looking soft and natural, but tough against the wind! On my wedding day, Rena and her stylist arrived at our venue on time, quickly setup, and got to work! The thermostat was broken in the room where we got ready, so it was freezing cold inside. Rena plugged in a few hair dryers and placed them on the ground to help warm up our feet, and gave me some hot hair rollers to hold to keep my hands warm. Our wedding ceremony was outside on a hot August afternoon but despite the heat and perspiration, my airbrush makeup held up so well! I didn't need to touchup anything all day. She provided me with a little kit with hairspray, extra lip color, and oil blotting paper before she left.

Prices are very fair. Rena was excellent with communication/texting/emails, always super friendly and responds quickly. She even sent me a message the night before the wedding to "sleep well tonight!".
    Thank you so much, Rena!
    Hannah Married on 06/10/2017
    If you're looking for flowers and hair and makeup, this is an amazing choice! They worked with me for my flower options, and made me feel beautiful for my special day!!!
    Jamie Married on 04/15/2017
    This review is overdue, but I wanted to make sure that Rena and her team got the credit they deserve!! Rena and her team did my hair and makeup, my entire bridal party (7 girls and all different styles- I let them pick), my mother, and my mother in law and every single one of them loved their hair and make up. I went to Torrance to do a trial for my hair and make up and loved it. Of course, when getting closer to my wedding day I changed my mind and instead wanted to do my hair down. I emailed Rena and sent her pictures of ideas I was considering. Morning of my wedding came and she did my hair and make up exactly like how I wanted it. She was so easy to work with and very professional. Thank you so much Rena!!
    Chloe Married on 10/25/2016
    I don't know where to begin but Rena is absolutely amazing! I did a trial and used it for my engagement shoot. And the other day, I got married and Rena did my hair and makeup. Rena is very easy to work with. She will give you options on what you like. She'll show you different ways of doing what you want and ask you which one you like most.

I also hired Rena to do a touch up after the reception (cause there's a huge chance that I'll cry and ruin my makeup)... But she went above and beyond. When everything was getting crazy, she helped me with my wedding dress and waited until I walk down the aisle (really really went above and beyond). After the ceremony, there was a little time left (and we should leave the chapel), but Rena works very well under pressure. She's very composed and organized. I would love to work with you again and will definitely recommend to my friends.
    Nadia Married on 09/16/2016
    Rena is so talented!!! I had done a Trial Hair & Makeup Session with her about a year before my wedding, and I knew right away that she was the one for me! She was very quick to respond to emails, and during the trial, she did such a great job with listening to what I wanted, looking at sample pictures I had collected, asking a lot of questions to get a feel for what I liked, and made very good suggestions and recommendations. Every time she did something, she would ask me what I thought and if there was anything I would change. I don't wear makeup on a regular basis, so I had asked that I have a more natural look minus making my eyes a little more dramatic. I wasn't too sure about what to do with my hair, but knew that I wanted it up and maybe in a side-bun type style. Not only was she on-point with my makeup, I did not have clown or cake face, but she styled my hair in such a beautiful way that I would have never thought of. She took lots of pictures and notes and I immediately put my deposit down to have Rena do hair and makeup for myself and MOH for my wedding. Fast forward a year later to The Big Day - Rena was on-site and on-time at the hotel we were getting ready at. She was well-prepared and was able to recreate my hair and makeup exactly as what was done at the trial plus a few extra touches as suggested by my MOH. Also my MOH is notoriously picky about her hair and makeup and also has had bad experiences in the past with makeup artists giving her ridiculous "Asian eyes". She was overjoyed with the excellent job that Rena did - her hair was perfect with a classic look and Rena did an awesome job with enhancing her features with makeup and without the "Asian eyes". I felt and looked beautiful and received so many compliments from the hubby and guests. Everyone was blown away! I look great in all the amateur pictures that were taken, so I can only imagine how good the professional ones look (we'll be getting them soon!). I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Rena!
  • snshine1028
    Leizel Married on 08/20/2016
    The ladies at Bright Crystal Wedding are amazing! I was looking for hair and makeup for my wedding, my friend used them for her wedding in 2013 and recommended them. I emailed and got a response pretty quickly from Rena. Unfortunately she was unavailable the day of my wedding but her Senior Artist, Yuko, was. Before having a trial with Yuko, I reserved my wedding day ASAP!

I also needed hair and makeup for my engagement pictures, Yuko wasn't available but Rena was. She did a great job and was really friendly during the session. I loved my makeup and it didn't feel heavy on my face at all. My hair is bad with curls staying so Rena pinned them and told me an hour before my photo session to unpin it so it can set. The curls stayed on the whole time! Part of our photos were taken on the beach, I was worried the salt water in the air would mess it up but it didn't

Hair trial appointment with Yuko went really well. She followed the pictures I showed her perfectly. However, it wasn't until later my fiance mentioned that the eye makeup was a little dark, I thought it was a little bit too. When it came to the wedding day, I told Yuko to lighten my eye makeup, no problem!

The day of my wedding, we were running a little late to the venue. Yuko and Kumiko were there and ready to go! I felt really bad but they were in great spirits the whole time. I have to give it to these ladies, they were on their feet non-stop! I offered them water and food but they were ok too. My bridesmaids loved their hair and makeup. My mom and grandmother also got their hair and makeup done and it was beautiful and age appropriate. I loved how they looked. Everyone looked so beautiful and I loved how everything turned out.

I would love to use them on future events, they are the best!

Thank you Rena, Yuko, and Kumiko!
    Dee D. Married on 06/11/2016
    Rena and her team are simply the best! I cannot believe how lucky I am to have been able to find them. My make up and hair looked flawless until the end of the night (honestly, until the next day since I passed out without being able to take it off. haha) and we LOVED having her at the bridesmaid's getting ready house. She is talented, fun, and a calm presence to make your day even more magical. I loved Rena's make-up skills!!!!
    Andrew A. Married on 05/27/2016
    Rene and her team are so responsible and well-serviced, especially for my this type of planning out of town!
    I can see their very serious attitude on our hairstyle and makeup design while also feel their friendly attitude. Their pricing is also very reasonable and clear! There is no doubt I will recommend them to people who needs hairstyle and makeup service provider!
  • Brittany
    Brittany Married on 03/26/2016
    Rena and her beauty team are heaven sent! She was so professional throughout my entire engagement and made me beautiful for my special day! I had Rena do my hair & makeup for my engagement photo shoot as well as for my wedding. She listened to everything and was very responsive on her emails. Rena is extremely good at what she does. I LOVE the way she did my hair for my wedding. I would definitely recommend Rena and her beauty team.
    Monica Married on 03/26/2016
    Rena did a great job on my bridesmaids and my hair and makeup. She answered all my questions promptly through email and was very flexible when I added an extra person for hair on the day of the wedding. Since I normally do not wear much makeup I was afraid of looking "fake" but the job she did was amazing, in making it look natural. I received many compliments on both my hair and makeup. We were very pleased with her work and highly recommend her. I could not have been happier.
    Adriana Married on 08/22/2015
    Rena and her team are amazing! They made me, my bridesmaids and even one of the groomsman who has very long hair, look amazing. I'm so happy with the job they did and how professional and flexible they were. I highly recommend Rena for any of you hair and make up needs. I didn't even booked a trial, and I didn't need to because Rena was there working with me making sure my hair and make up were flawless.... simply AMAZING!
    Emily Married on 05/01/2015
    Bright Crystal Wedding is my go to team for all events. I've used them a few times already. For a ball I went to, and two weddings.

I've had my hair and makeup done by Rena, Yuko, and Kamiko. Also, Maki has come to do other of the girl's hair and makeup. The whole team is pretty talented. They do a pretty good job every time, and they're able to give you exactly what you wanted.

I've had my hair done in an updo by them and it stayed up all night. And I've had my hair down and the curls stayed until the next day. The makeup application comes with false eyelashes for that extra kick.

I love having Bright Crystal Wedding do my hair and makeup because of Rena. She is always nice when I email her and responds to emails promptly. Also they have alway showed up to do hair and makeup on time if not early.

I like these guys more than other companies because they aren't stuck up. I would recommend Bright Crystal Wedding to my friends!
    John Married on 04/04/2015
    Rena did an amazing job with my hair and makeup. She also did hair and makeup for a few people in my bridal party, and they were impressed as well. My foundation, eye makeup, and updo lasted through the night. Rena was very sweet and professional. She was also flexible, willing to make changes to my makeup style at the last minute. I was very happy with her service.
    Vanessa Married on 01/17/2015
    Rena is AMAZING!!!! I booked Rena for my wedding and she did not disappoint. Also, not to mention, her prices are very reasonable! I researched so many hair and makeup places and I could not believe how expensive it is to get your H&M done for a wedding. Plus, I was paying for my bridesmaids as well, so it really started to add up. But Rena's skills are worth every penny. I didn't have a super clear vision of what I wanted my hair to look like, but after showing her some pictures and describing the feel of my whole wedding, Rena nailed the hairstyle. On the day of, Rena and her team were on time, very efficient and did an amazing job on myself and my bridesmaids. My girls looked so gorgeous and I swear my hair looked like those styles you pinterest! My makeup was gorgeous too! I could have not been happier! Definitely book Rena for your wedding!!! You will not be disappointed!