58 Reviews for Brides First Dance

Do-Not-Play List (3)
Sound/PA System (3)
MC (2)
Microphones (2)

Bill is an incredible DJ. I wasn't sure at first how I should handle everything (do you give him a thousand songs to only play or tell him to have a ball?) I gave him lots of suggestions and let him go from there and I couldn't have been happier. We had a big group of diverse individuals and somehow Bill managed to get everyone on the dance floor and having a blast. From the Earth, Wind, & Fire to Spice Girls, to modern pop/rap, he had it all. Plus everyone told me all night how nice and accommodating he was. One thing you don't want is a DJ who's rude to your guests and that's something I never had to worry about with Bill.

- Torry

Profile Picture Victoria, 2/25/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Bill made our event unforgettable! He accommodated my groom's picky music requests and had all of our songs ready, even very specific ones. Thanks again, Bill. I have already recommended you to others and will continue to do so in the future too.

Profile Picture Crystal, 11/26/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Bill was fantastic with working with our needs, and staying in touch whenever we had questions (even through a hurricane)! He reassured me he had everything figured out, and on the day of I literally had to worry about nothing. Thank you Bill!

Profile Picture Beth, 10/29/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

One of the best choices for our wedding- Bill was super responsive, flexible, and went above and beyond to find songs that we wanted. Also the absolute best MC!
We booked the photo booth through him as well which was a huge hit that turned out marvelously!

Profile Picture Kelly, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

I found Bill at my best friends wedding that I was a bridesmaid in! He was super laid back and played requested songs. It was the perfect fun vibe and I knew I wanted to use him for my wedding in charleston. If you are looking for a DJ, look no further- he's the best! Thanks for an incredible time Bill! - Laura

Profile Picture Laura, 5/28/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Bill was great. He kept everybody on the dance floor all night. He was very good to work with too, adhered to all of our requests, and very charismatic during the wedding. Definitely recommend him!

Profile Picture Megan, 4/23/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

My wedding was March 05 2016. I didn't meet Bill until January. He was so wonderful and took on my wedding last minute. Him and his wife came out and everything was just perfect! If you want someone who will give you an awesome time and memories and who always has amazing communication you need to pick bridesfirstdance!

Profile Picture Ashley, 3/5/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I've had Bill West of Brides First Dance on hold for a long time, long before I was even engaged. He had DJ'd a friend's reception a year and a half before and that had been the best time I ever had at a wedding, until mine of course. He played a great variety of music that kept the crowd on the dance floor all night. When he DJ'd my boss' wedding he even let us do a bit of karaoke. I was beyond thrilled when I was finally engaged and immediately booked him for my big day. Bill's day job is a DJ for one of Charleston's country radio shows. My side job is a blogger for a country music website. I knew I wouldn't have to worry about hearing all my favorite songs being played, even the up & coming favorite musicians of mine that don't get radio play. It was a big task. I filled out his paperwork in very specific detail and he played every single song I requested, and made sure to stay away from my do not play list. And he let us have the mic multiple times that night. I'm surprised we didn't blow his ear drums with our out of tune karaoke. The pictures from my reception are so priceless from all the singing and dancing (and acting out our favorite songs) that Bill played for us. Kinda makes me wish I had a videographer. I definitely recommend Bill. I hope he's the DJ at any future weddings I go to.

Profile Picture Danielle, 11/21/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Bill West was the perfect DJ for our daughter's wedding! He did exactly what we requested and never missed a beat! Very polite, friendly and always had a smile on his face. He played all our favorite songs, a few requests and even a special "flash mob" request!

Our evening was a huge success due to his expertise on how to seamlessly run a wedding reception. Thanks Bill!!

Profile Picture Mary, 6/27/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Wouldn't hire anyone else. Gave us exactly what we asked for! Nice guy too!!

Profile Picture User6181442, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List

Bill was a fabulous addition to our special day. He provided the perfect selection of music and complied with no problem to all requests we had, even on the spot requests. We WILL recommend him and his company, Brides First Dance, to all people, friends, family, neighbors and associates. On the day of my wedding I realized quickly that Brides First Dance was a very good choice in my research because Bill West certainly proved that with his awesome work through out the entire event.

Profile Picture Kimberly, 6/13/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had a wonderful experience with Bill from Bride's First Dance. Our ceremony and reception were on the same property, but two different locations. We were able to have quality music in both locations. I loved that there was music after the ceremony that followed the guests from one location to the other. It definitely set the tone for the event, and it was exactly what we wanted! I would highly recommend to all my family and friends.

Profile Picture User5187402, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Bride's First Dance was absolutely amazing. DJ Bill West kept all of the guests dancing and the photo booth was such a hit!

Profile Picture User3840373, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Entertainer

Perfectly wonderful evening!!!! So enjoyable for everyone! Could not have asked for any better! The bride and groom could not be any happier!!!!

Profile Picture User4503588, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mr West was amazing. Awesome Dj. Would definitely recommend him again.Magical night.

Profile Picture Betty, 10/11/14, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Bill was absolutely amazing!!! The photobooth was a huge hit at my wedding!!! He had a ton of props and my guests photos were so funny!!! I used the photos from the photobooth in my guest book and I'll always have those photos from my big day!! Shows that my guests had fun....and that's all I wanted!! Thank you again!!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/26/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Entertainer

Bill and his wife did an amazing job with our photo booth which turned into our guest book and the music was fantastic.

Profile Picture erika and clair, 7/19/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Photography

He is very personable and helpful. Did a wonderful job with both the ceremony and the reception. He was easy to work with and the photo booth was also a great addition to the day.

Profile Picture Debbie, 7/3/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We enjoyed working with Bill for our wedding at Gold Bug! He was super reliable and very quick to respond to any questions we had during the whole planning process. This was especially a huge help for us since we were planning the wedding from out of town! I would definitely recommend using him for your event!

Profile Picture Dawn, 6/14/14, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Wow! Bill and his team were fantastic! Very flexible and put together a great flow for our wedding reception. We were able to give Bill a couple genres and a song list and he was able to piece together an amazing song lineup. I would without a doubt recommend Brides First Dance.

Profile Picture User4054252, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Bill was our ceremony and wedding DJ and also provided a photo booth at our wedding last weekend- he was absolutely amazing to work with!!! He was professional and easy to communicate with- custom logo on our photo booth strips, played all of our desired songs, worked closely with my dad to make sure he had the proper mics and speaker setup for live and canned music at our ceremony. He really went above and beyond!

Profile Picture Corey, 4/6/14, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Bill was great! I didn't have much time to communicate with him on every detail because I lived so far out of state. But he did a great job with the song list that we gave him. We had a mixed up genre for him to play as we had guests of all ages and backgrounds and Bill pretty much pleased everyone there!

Profile Picture Natalie, 3/22/14, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Bill West was amazing! Everyone had a wonderful time dancing at the wedding! He played all the music we wanted and stuck to the do not play list we gave him. He even stayed longer than the contracted time because people didn't want to stop. He was a GREAT DJ and very reasonably priced!

Profile Picture User3822697, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Bill West was amazing - he listened to everything we wanted and was able to manage the flow of the party perfectly. Even with some very crazy international guests and music requests! He worked extra hard to make sure that he had all of the name pronunciations down pat (which we really appreciated). We also gave him an iPhone with a playlist at the last minute that he was able to mix in and incorporate on the spot without any hiccups! During the planning process, he was super responsive and a consummate professional. Definitely one of the best vendors we hired for our wedding!

Profile Picture danielle, 10/4/13, 4 Reviews