Brides First Dance Reviews

58 | Charleston, SC

58 Reviews for Brides First Dance

58 Brides First Dance Reviews

Victoria · Married on 02/25/2017

Bill is an incredible DJ. I wasn't sure at first how I should handle everything (do you give him a thousand songs to only play or tell him to have a ball?) I gave him lots of suggestions and let him go from there and I couldn't have been happier. We had a big group of diverse individuals and somehow Bill managed to get everyone on the dance floor and having a blast. From the Earth, Wind, & Fire to Spice Girls, to modern pop/rap, he had it all. Plus everyone told me all night how nice and accommodating he was. One thing you don't want is a DJ who's rude to your guests and that's something I never had to worry about with Bill.

- Torry

Crystal · Married on 11/26/2016

Bill made our event unforgettable! He accommodated my groom's picky music requests and had all of our songs ready, even very specific ones. Thanks again, Bill. I have already recommended you to others and will continue to do so in the future too.

Sent on 12/10/2016

Brides First Dance's reply:

Thank you Crystal! It was a great night. I always like playing the Rice Mill. Good music selections!

Beth · Married on 10/29/2016

Bill was fantastic with working with our needs, and staying in touch whenever we had questions (even through a hurricane)! He reassured me he had everything figured out, and on the day of I literally had to worry about nothing. Thank you Bill!

Kelly · Married on 06/18/2016

One of the best choices for our wedding- Bill was super responsive, flexible, and went above and beyond to find songs that we wanted. Also the absolute best MC!
    We booked the photo booth through him as well which was a huge hit that turned out marvelously!

Laura · Married on 05/28/2016

I found Bill at my best friends wedding that I was a bridesmaid in! He was super laid back and played requested songs. It was the perfect fun vibe and I knew I wanted to use him for my wedding in charleston. If you are looking for a DJ, look no further- he's the best! Thanks for an incredible time Bill! - Laura

Megan · Married on 04/23/2016

Bill was great. He kept everybody on the dance floor all night. He was very good to work with too, adhered to all of our requests, and very charismatic during the wedding. Definitely recommend him!

Ashley · Married on 03/05/2016

My wedding was March 05 2016. I didn't meet Bill until January. He was so wonderful and took on my wedding last minute. Him and his wife came out and everything was just perfect! If you want someone who will give you an awesome time and memories and who always has amazing communication you need to pick bridesfirstdance!

Sent on 03/21/2016

Brides First Dance's reply:

Ashley, Thank you so much, and it was our pleasure! You were great to work with, and all the guests seemed to really enjoy the music and the photo booth. Everything was lovely, from the bride to the venue to the food and the people. Congratulations to you both!
  • ddmercer

Danielle · Married on 11/21/2015

I've had Bill West of Brides First Dance on hold for a long time, long before I was even engaged. He had DJ'd a friend's reception a year and a half before and that had been the best time I ever had at a wedding, until mine of course. He played a great variety of music that kept the crowd on the dance floor all night. When he DJ'd my boss' wedding he even let us do a bit of karaoke. I was beyond thrilled when I was finally engaged and immediately booked him for my big day. Bill's day job is a DJ for one of Charleston's country radio shows. My side job is a blogger for a country music website. I knew I wouldn't have to worry about hearing all my favorite songs being played, even the up & coming favorite musicians of mine that don't get radio play. It was a big task. I filled out his paperwork in very specific detail and he played every single song I requested, and made sure to stay away from my do not play list. And he let us have the mic multiple times that night. I'm surprised we didn't blow his ear drums with our out of tune karaoke. The pictures from my reception are so priceless from all the singing and dancing (and acting out our favorite songs) that Bill played for us. Kinda makes me wish I had a videographer. I definitely recommend Bill. I hope he's the DJ at any future weddings I go to.

Mary · Married on 06/27/2015

Bill West was the perfect DJ for our daughter's wedding! He did exactly what we requested and never missed a beat! Very polite, friendly and always had a smile on his face. He played all our favorite songs, a few requests and even a special "flash mob" request!

Our evening was a huge success due to his expertise on how to seamlessly run a wedding reception. Thanks Bill!!

Wouldn't hire anyone else. Gave us exactly what we asked for! Nice guy too!!

Kimberly · Married on 06/13/2015

Bill was a fabulous addition to our special day. He provided the perfect selection of music and complied with no problem to all requests we had, even on the spot requests. We WILL recommend him and his company, Brides First Dance, to all people, friends, family, neighbors and associates. On the day of my wedding I realized quickly that Brides First Dance was a very good choice in my research because Bill West certainly proved that with his awesome work through out the entire event.

We had a wonderful experience with Bill from Bride's First Dance. Our ceremony and reception were on the same property, but two different locations. We were able to have quality music in both locations. I loved that there was music after the ceremony that followed the guests from one location to the other. It definitely set the tone for the event, and it was exactly what we wanted! I would highly recommend to all my family and friends.

Bride's First Dance was absolutely amazing. DJ Bill West kept all of the guests dancing and the photo booth was such a hit!

Perfectly wonderful evening!!!! So enjoyable for everyone! Could not have asked for any better! The bride and groom could not be any happier!!!!

• Betty

Betty · Married on 10/11/2014

Mr West was amazing. Awesome Dj. Would definitely recommend him again.Magical night.

Jessica · Married on 09/26/2014

Bill was absolutely amazing!!! The photobooth was a huge hit at my wedding!!! He had a ton of props and my guests photos were so funny!!! I used the photos from the photobooth in my guest book and I'll always have those photos from my big day!! Shows that my guests had fun....and that's all I wanted!! Thank you again!!!

Sent on 10/25/2014

Brides First Dance's reply:

The special setup at Cottage on the Creek was perfect...

erika and clair · Married on 07/19/2014

Bill and his wife did an amazing job with our photo booth which turned into our guest book and the music was fantastic.

Debbie · Married on 07/03/2014

He is very personable and helpful. Did a wonderful job with both the ceremony and the reception. He was easy to work with and the photo booth was also a great addition to the day.

Dawn · Married on 06/14/2014

We enjoyed working with Bill for our wedding at Gold Bug! He was super reliable and very quick to respond to any questions we had during the whole planning process. This was especially a huge help for us since we were planning the wedding from out of town! I would definitely recommend using him for your event!

Wow! Bill and his team were fantastic! Very flexible and put together a great flow for our wedding reception. We were able to give Bill a couple genres and a song list and he was able to piece together an amazing song lineup. I would without a doubt recommend Brides First Dance.

• Corey

Corey · Married on 04/06/2014

Bill was our ceremony and wedding DJ and also provided a photo booth at our wedding last weekend- he was absolutely amazing to work with!!! He was professional and easy to communicate with- custom logo on our photo booth strips, played all of our desired songs, worked closely with my dad to make sure he had the proper mics and speaker setup for live and canned music at our ceremony. He really went above and beyond!

Natalie · Married on 03/22/2014

Bill was great! I didn't have much time to communicate with him on every detail because I lived so far out of state. But he did a great job with the song list that we gave him. We had a mixed up genre for him to play as we had guests of all ages and backgrounds and Bill pretty much pleased everyone there!

Bill West was amazing! Everyone had a wonderful time dancing at the wedding! He played all the music we wanted and stuck to the do not play list we gave him. He even stayed longer than the contracted time because people didn't want to stop. He was a GREAT DJ and very reasonably priced!

danielle · Married on 10/04/2013

Bill West was amazing - he listened to everything we wanted and was able to manage the flow of the party perfectly. Even with some very crazy international guests and music requests! He worked extra hard to make sure that he had all of the name pronunciations down pat (which we really appreciated). We also gave him an iPhone with a playlist at the last minute that he was able to mix in and incorporate on the spot without any hiccups! During the planning process, he was super responsive and a consummate professional. Definitely one of the best vendors we hired for our wedding!