Brideheads Reviews

41 | Madison, WI

41 Reviews for Brideheads

Maria · Married on 07/21/2011

Angela is an incredible professional. She did a wonderful work on my hair and make-up the day of my wedding. She arrived to the hotel on time and she was totally calm, fun and professional. She also finished before the time we already plan. Thanks Angela for your help that day :)

Sent on 09/13/2011

Derek · Married on 05/14/2011

I had a horrible hair cut that Angie fixed. I was in terror that my hair would look atrocious. She rescued it. She now is my regular hair stylist. She also dyed my hair beautifully. She is the first person who has actually dyed my hair the color I wanted. I looked glorious on my wedding day. Also they were incrediably flexible for my schedule.

Sent on 08/06/2011

Sophie · Married on 05/08/2015

Angie did an awesome job on the hair and makeup for my wedding party! Everyone’s hair looked so good and fit their personality, and the airbrush makeup really did look flawless! I was also very impressed in how well my hair stayed put throughout the night despite me jumping around, dancing, sweating, hugging people, etc. I will definitely tell my friends that are getting married in Madison about Brideheads!

Sent on 05/27/2015

Maria · Married on 06/28/2014

3.0

A kind of weird experience. Even though I had scheduled it months in advance, I didn't know who was coming to do our hair until maybe two days before.

I didn't choose to do a dry-run of my hair style and wasn't overly picky about my hair itself so as far as the quality of the hair service - if I wanted it to be perfect I would have done the dry-run and researched a little more on my end regarding exactly what style I wanted.

The weird part was that one stylist showed up and did my hair. She was very nice. But the second stylist showed up an hour later. The second seemed disheveled and a little unprofessional. Not that I need people to be up-tight professional, but some of the conversation just made me slightly uncomfortable.

It was overall worth the convenience of not having to leave the hotel, but then I'm someone who values convenience highly.

Sent on 07/05/2014

4.2
      3.5

Brideheads did my wedding makeup and hair, and they were wonderfully flexible when I added 4 more people for hair, 2 weeks before the wedding. They were fun, genuinely nice, and made me look....and more importantly, feel.....beautiful on my wedding day!

Sent on 07/26/2014

Jennifer · Married on 06/09/2018

3.0

Great stylist. My Only issue is i still havent gotten my deposit back. 2 weeks past my wedding, no response from vendor on when my $150 deposit will be returned

Sent on 06/23/2018
  • Julia

Julia · Married on 08/13/2011

3.5

Angela and Coryne (sp?) did our hair & makeup for my recent wedding along with my 3 bridesmaids. I had very long hair, two had medium length and one had short hair (and she was STILL able to pull it back and make it look like an updo!)

I had a specific idea of how I wanted my hair (a little volume in the front and a very large chignon in the back) and I also had a hair ornament as well as a cathedral length veil that needed to be set. My 3 bridesmaids did not have good idea on what they wanted (I think it's hard, when people give vague ideas without any photos if they want something complicated). They were able to pull up her facebook photos and choose something they liked slight adjustments they wanted.

I LOVED my hair and my BM's really liked theirs as well and commented on how good a job she and Coryne did and how reasonable the price was. There are very few stylists that will travel and do their work on site while not charging an arm and a leg...(I spent HOURS on research). I wanted to relax in our hotel with my girls rather than rushing to and form a salon).
    They were prompt and fun (Angie is really funny) and I plan on going back to Angie on hair services.

Sent on 08/29/2011

Liza · Married on 08/25/2018

3.6
      2.0

The Brideheads team was great the day of my wedding - my hair and makeup looked gorgeous - but they hadn't read the questionnaire they asked me to fill out where I had selected Yes next to the option to rent hair extensions through them. I thought it was weird they didn't follow up and ask for a photo of my hair to match extensions, but I assumed they would just bring a bunch and match me onsite. They showed up with no extensions. My bridesman and his boyfriend had to run to a beauty store to buy me some.

Also, I tried multiple times to set up a trial in the months before the wedding (I had really limited options because I don't live in Wisconsin), and never got a response. I was told that they are bombarded with emails and need follow-ups. I don't think it's reasonable to just expect that people will email you twice because you can't manage your inbox. Seems like there are better ways to deal with that.

Sent on 09/27/2018

Brideheads's reply:

I did suggest we try and line up a trial as soon as the deposit was in. We understand it's hard to schedule a trial when you live far away. It's also hard to us to schedule a trial when a bride has limited availability to do one. It's always a challenge to plan from out of state. Liza only wanted a trial on a specific day and time, and only gave me a weeks notice to schedule it. We were unable to accommodate that request however. Most of our contractors have other jobs during the week, so they are unable to just take off from their other job last minute to do a trial on a specific thursday morning last minute. I did try to find someone who was both able to do the trial and be available on wedding day as well. I also offered other options of doing the trial when she arrived in town, but she no longer wanted to even do a trial . Extension rental details are handled during trials. We dye them to match the week of the wedding. We would never bring every color available. An inventory like that would cost a fortune to just bring along and have on hand. We didn't receive any details about extensions and unfortunately we didn't bring any, but Hannah, Liza's amazing stylist made it work with the one the bridesman had run out to use. Sometimes as the wedding draws closer a bride gets so overwhelmed that details get neglected and things get disorganized. I worked with the wedding planner to ensure we had all the details of the hard to find location and ended up making everyone look just amazing.

Bre Waldron · Married on 09/07/2019

2.4

Wouldnt do hair again

So first, the woman I was emailing back and forth, to me, came off very rude and unprofessional. I for one had to email them to see if they received my down payment because I never heard from them. Then 3 weeks before my wedding, I emailed them to confirm things and see if they had any questions because they never emailed me, so they replied with questions and I emailed right away with a response. A week went by, didnt get a response, so I had to email them again to see if they got my email, and the lady just came off very rude. I'm sorry, but the bride, who has a billion other things to do, should not have to repeatedly reach out to a company. But hey, thats just my opinion.
    Second, I dont understand the point of a down payment, and then before I get the service I had a bill for everyones hair.
    Third, the hair was 100% not worth it. Two of my bridesmaids werent fans of their hair, one ended up redoing it, and I ended up taking my hair out the second the woman left and having to do my own hair... so waste of money. Yes, its my fault for not doing a trial prior to wedding day but it wasnt a super complicated hairstyle that I chose. But, the lady that did our make up was AMAZING! I wish I could remember her name because she was so sweet and everyone looked gorgeous. All in all, it was nice and convenient that they could come out to the place I was getting married at to do the hair and make up but I wouldnt recommend them.

Sent on 09/19/2019

Julie · Married on 09/04/2016

2.2
      0.5

Angela is not quick to respond, not very professional. Beware of her, if you can handle her snarky comments and month turnaround time to respond then you are all set.

The girls she contracts are AMAZING and do great work though, that is why the review is 2 sided.

Sent on 10/22/2016

JD · Married on 07/08/2011

2.0

This was the only vendor I have anything to complain about on my wedding day. Here is why: they were 50 minutes late to arrive for our appointment. Angie said she would be at my apartment at 11am but did not arrive until 11:50pm. They were supposed to finished at 1pm, but did not finish until 1:30pm. My wedding started at 2pm. I got the church at 1:45pm and still had my dress to put on.

Also, it wasn't just the fact that they were late, but they didn't even call to let me know. I called them at 11:12am, and she did not answer. I called back again at 11:20am, and she picked up and said that they had run into an accident on the beltline but would be there soon. I called AGAIN at 11:46am, and she said that they had just missed my apartment and were going around the block. They got up to my apartment at 11:50pm. They did not even apologize. I realize that things happen, but half of me has to wonder if what held them up initially was the accident, or the fact that they had another bride booked before me that morning and that just ran late. Also, if the weddings were very far apart in distance, she probably should not have booked both of us that day to begin with.

Angie has a full time job at Netflix, works either full or part time at a salon and does this. She is working too much and should not say she can be somewhere if she can't.

My hair and make up did turn out nicely, but the fact that they were this late on such an important day and didn't even call or apologize about being late is unacceptable. Angie even snapped at my sister when she asked when our driver should be here to pick us up (since he was originally picking us up at 1pm when she said we'd be finished) and said "we'll be done when we're done." Bad manners.

Sent on 07/12/2011

Liza Rick · Married on 09/28/2019

1.8

Almost ripped my hair out dealing with this company - DO NOT BOOK

Save yourself the headache and do NOT book with Brideheads.
    I was excited to work with them after seeing many positive reviews on The Knot and Wedding Wire but this experience was incredibly stressful and awful.

The services they provide are OK but working with the company owner, Angie, is a literal nightmare.

She does not stay on top of scheduling hair trials, nor does she communicate contract deadlines - or even communicate in general. It was incredibly difficult to get in contact with her and at times my calls/texts/emails would go a week or more without a response.
    She is more than unprofessional, completely unresponsive and full of excuses for why she couldn't get back to you sooner.

SAVE YOURSELF THE HEADACHE AND BOOK ELSEWHERE

Sent on 11/26/2019

Brideheads's reply:

This review is ridiculous and unfair.

I told Liza in a May email when contracts are due, so that is false saying I didnt communicate that.

Her original stylist became unexpectedly pregnant (geriatric pregnancy) and on bed rest , out for the season. I did t cancel, I simply booked another stylist. We couldnt work out when we could do a trial because of logistics. Wisconsin dells wedding but first stylist was from Sparta, replacement stylist was fondulac. Both close to the dells where the wedding occurred. She has internationally published work. Extremely qualified reliable person.

I personally gave Liza a FREE trial ($85) so she would have a plan in my Madison salon since we couldnt work out anything else for her. She didn’t even tip me for that.

Brideheads is not my full time job. I own a large salon I also manage, an event bus, and air bnb. I cannot be at someone’s beck and call let alone many many brides beck and call. I encourage email or text Or chat to communicate as I can’t leave a client during a Brazilian wax or hair trial to answer quick questions. It’s rude and unprofessional. Would you want me to do that to you during your trial?

Our website however is fully equipped with all the answers. A beautiful video lovingly constructed graces our hone page to walk you through the entire process. NEW THIS YEAR! We have a chat bot feature on our Facebook page. Ask about pricing, date availability, even request your desired trial date right there! Super Convenient. If there’s a question it doesn’t know you can request a human and I can jump in to answer too.

99% of our stylists are contractors and do not work in my salon. They have day jobs to schedule trials around. I also express in the contract and in frequently asked questions that trials are booked in the order the weddings occur. That way there is still availability for last minute brides too that also desperately need us. I started communication on scheduling a trial very early in, knowing it would be a logistics challenge.

I am booked in my salon from early until late Monday through Friday. I do weddings on Saturdays
    I unplug after weddings on Saturday when we finish and on Sundays, my only day off assuming there isn’t a Sunday wedding. I also don’t return emails sent super late whenever possible. I need to maintain my own sanity. If a wedding is out of town it can easily be an 8 hour day fir one wedding. This can be very physically draining as we take on the stress fir you so you don’t experience it.

I am a human being, not a wedding planner or cyborg robot of sorts.

We don’t hide pricing, contracts or anything on our website but are super transparent and spell everything out for you. You just have to actually read it.

We have been in business a very long time (12 years) and have the skill and expertise to get your hair and makeup done right, with staying power, on time.

Someday I dream of being a digital nomad, solely running Brideheads full time while traveling in a Skokie! But unfortunately that is unable to happen any time soon. I am not the only human with several jobs and income streams in these trying economic times.

Do not let this review sway your decision to book us. Unfortunately happy brides don’t leave reviews often. I will seek some out to add to our 2019 collection so you can see that we in fact do a great job and make people happy.

Liza is a rare exception and I tried my very best, as always.

Sarah · Married on 05/28/2017

1.4
      1.0

I had a very poor experience working with Brideheads. I even had very low expectations going into the process. A friend had used them for her wedding and said they were "fine" - not the best, not very professional, but that they were "fine". I was getting married on Sunday of Memorial Day, and with a large number of bridesmaids, my options were fairly limited. I decided "fine" would be good enough - how bad could it be, right?
    - Scheduling a trial was a nightmare. Angela was not responsive and difficult to coordinate with. I ended up making a special trip up from Chicago to Madison the week before my wedding because that was the only time they could accommodate a trial in the months leading up to the wedding day.
    - The trial itself was a disaster. In the questionnaire I completed before the appointment, I had requested extensions. They were supposed to be ready and used as part of the trial - they were not. I asked for my hair to be half up and swept to the side - she started pinning it all up. When I asked part way through that she was doing half up, she was annoyed that she needed to take out some of the pins. The makeup was even worse, I felt like a clown. The worst part - this trial was one week before the wedding - its not like I could even switch if I wanted to. In addition to paying the full cost of the awful trial, I felt the need to leave a generous tip since this woman would be doing my hair and makeup on my wedding day.
    - The day of the wedding.... Dani, the stylist that had done my trial and was to be doing my hair, showed up an hour and a half late. She then proceeded to chug my glass of champagne. The bride's glass of champagne!?!?! I've never seen anything like this.
    - Finally, Angela, the owner overcharged me for my bridesmaids hair. She required that I pay for up-dos for all the girls and would reimburse for those that ended up doing half up or down with curls. Needless to say, I did not hear back from her.

Sent on 04/02/2018

Lisa · Married on 10/20/2018

0.4
      0.5

Stay away from Brideheads. We will never know if Angie can do hair as we cancelled after Angie would never schedule a trial after taking our $150 from the Save the Date Contract. Horrible customer service! We signed the Save the Date contract in early June and by the end of August after sending emails and emails to Angie, she would never even schedule a trial hairdo. We weren’t asking for the actual appt to happen yet, just asking for it to be scheduled, so it would be one last thing to worry about. Most emails to Angie went unanswered or she replied that she simply cannot schedule a trial for an October wedding when she hasn’t even scheduled the trials for the August and September weddings yet! When I cancelled the contract (she wouldn’t even return the money) she stated, “I’m not ignoring you, I’m just busy!” This company is run by an unprofessional and completely rude woma

Sent on 09/16/2018

Brideheads's reply:

I'm very sorry that Lisa was so unhappy with us. Sometimes brides make rash decisions right before the wedding and this was the case here. I am the owner, and the booking concierge. So I was not going to do the services myself. I do a large number of weddings every year, but of course I can't be at all of them myself. In the next few years I'll be stepping back from performing services as well since it means I've had no weekends free for the past 11 years, yikes. I was scheduling another team to do Lisa's wedding. We are a very unique company since we can do up to 7 weddings on any given Saturday. We utilize large teams of stylists and makeup artists located all over the state so we are able to split up and all go our separate ways. It clearly says on our contracts that if you cancel services with us, you won't get your deposit back. That is a standard practice to have a non refundable deposit. Most hair/makeup services charge half the amount of services as deposit and you'd lose that whole amount upon cancelling. I do my very best to make everyone happy, but I'm also a human being not a robot, although sometimes I wonder if I'm part cyborg with the crazy hours I put in, and all the things I manage to accomplish. In 2018 we moved the salon into a brand new location. The renovations and move occurred during this time Lisa wanted her trial scheduled. Needless to say I was juggling a lot. Yes I do need to schedule trials in the order the weddings occur. This is also stated in our simple contracts. Again, just trying to please everyone, and be fair to everyone. Sometimes you can't please everyone, even though I really do try. Quite often I get 20 emails in one day. I think I've replied to all of them, but I actually have missed someone, not meaning to ever do so. If I missed your email, then just call me, try another means. Do you know what I had to go through to keep my plumber on task? There has not been an integrated website available for running a business like mine until recently. Although it's geared towards photographers, not on location hair and makeup vendors it helps you keep up with a demanding business like mine, actually letting you know when you've forgotten to reply to an email, or giving you one place to put your to dos instead of just doing your best to keep up. I utilize virtual assistants to run things as well. I also run my own large salon, as well as having a staff of employees and contractors to look after. I also work behind the chair as a stylist with my own clientele. I can't dedicate every waking moment to Brideheads, but I do my very best to. My brides come first always, just ask my collection of failed relationships. Lol, it's not easy to date a workaholic like me. I'm hoping to add an assistant to lighten my load this year. It's not a position I would take lightly to fill. If there's a mistake made, I'd rather be the one to make it, then go through trial and error with a new employee. I've had ones in the past that made a big mess of things, and Brideheads is my baby. We are doing our very best to keep up with our ever growing demand. Our team of hair and makeup artists are truly amazing talented professionals. Truly I'm so humbled to have such an amazing team to work with. I can assure you if you book us, you will not be let down. We know all the venues inside and out, we know all the tricks to make your hair/makeup last all day, and we know how to make your getting ready run so smoothly you don't feel stressed at all, and you stay perfectly on time.

Ericka · Married on 09/24/2017

0.4
      0.5

I did not have a good experience with Brideheads. When I first emailed Angie, she responded immediately, so I sent in the $150 deposit to reserve the date. Before signing the final contract, I emailed Angie to ask a few questions as well as asking to schedule my hair trial. A week went by, no response. I emailed again, no response. I waited a few more days, called and left a voicemail. I then received a text from Angie saying she was on a trip and would be getting back to emails the following Monday. Okay, fine...but then that Monday came and went, and I heard nothing. I waited until Thursday of that week and texted back asking when I could expect to hear from her. Still no response. So finally on the following Monday - which was now 3 weeks after I contacted her, and less than 3 weeks to go until my wedding! - I emailed to say I was cancelling services and booking elsewhere. Of course, she then responded immediately. But with no apology, and still no response to my original questions. Just an excuse about how she is very busy and that I would not be getting my deposit back. Very poor response, with no regard for customer service. I understand you may be busy...but not responding to someone when they try to repeatedly contact you for 3 WEEKS - especially with my wedding just around the corner! - is simply unacceptable. I have not had this issue with any other vendor I have been working with for my wedding, and I'm sure they are all very busy. As I read other reviews about Brideheads, I could see that I was not the first person to experience this. I decided I would happily forego the deposit I had put down and instead book another company out of Milwaukee that has much better reviews, and that I can count on to communicate with me and show up on time for my wedding. My advice to other brides looking for a mobile company in the Madison area is to find a company out of Milwaukee or Chicago. Yes, you may pay a bit more, but it will be worth it. You get what you pay for.

Sent on 09/10/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 09/06/2014

0.0

I wish I could give Angie less than a 0 for Professionalism.

Angie and her stylist were 45 minutes late to the appointment for my wedding day. We tried calling both, initially no answer. I got a text at 20 minutes late that they were on their way. We called again at 30 minutes late, Angie yelled at my maid of honor. They arrived 45 minutes late and yelled at my maid of honor again. At this point we had already told them twice that we wanted to cancel our service. However, they still attempted to unload their stuff and come into my house.

After the debacle, I was charged the full price for the services I asked for but never received plus 15% gratuity. Angie also responded to an e-mail of mine and blamed their late-ness on having to pull over to answer the call from my maid of honor (at the already-30-minutes-late-mark).

I re-read through other reviews on The Knot after the fact and realized that this is a pattern with Angie. Following any negative review, Angie responds, blames the bride and attempts to "give advice" for other brides on how to avoid this from happening.

My advice: Avoid Angie Schulz and Brideheads.

Sent on 09/08/2014