Brideheads Reviews

Brideheads 5
Brideheads 6
Brideheads 7

Sophie · Married on 05/08/2015

Angie did an awesome job on the hair and makeup for my wedding party! Everyone’s hair looked so good and fit their personality, and the airbrush makeup really did look flawless! I was also very impressed in how well my hair stayed put throughout the night despite me jumping around, dancing, sweating, hugging people, etc. I will definitely tell my friends that are getting married in Madison about Brideheads!

Maria · Married on 06/28/2014

3.0

A kind of weird experience. Even though I had scheduled it months in advance, I didn't know who was coming to do our hair until maybe two days before.

I didn't choose to do a dry-run of my hair style and wasn't overly picky about my hair itself so as far as the quality of the hair service - if I wanted it to be perfect I would have done the dry-run and researched a little more on my end regarding exactly what style I wanted.

The weird part was that one stylist showed up and did my hair. She was very nice. But the second stylist showed up an hour later. The second seemed disheveled and a little unprofessional. Not that I need people to be up-tight professional, but some of the conversation just made me slightly uncomfortable.

It was overall worth the convenience of not having to leave the hotel, but then I'm someone who values convenience highly.

4.2
      3.5

Brideheads did my wedding makeup and hair, and they were wonderfully flexible when I added 4 more people for hair, 2 weeks before the wedding. They were fun, genuinely nice, and made me look....and more importantly, feel.....beautiful on my wedding day!

Jennifer · Married on 06/09/2018

3.0

Great stylist. My Only issue is i still havent gotten my deposit back. 2 weeks past my wedding, no response from vendor on when my $150 deposit will be returned

• Julia

Julia · Married on 08/13/2011

3.5

Angela and Coryne (sp?) did our hair & makeup for my recent wedding along with my 3 bridesmaids. I had very long hair, two had medium length and one had short hair (and she was STILL able to pull it back and make it look like an updo!)

I had a specific idea of how I wanted my hair (a little volume in the front and a very large chignon in the back) and I also had a hair ornament as well as a cathedral length veil that needed to be set. My 3 bridesmaids did not have good idea on what they wanted (I think it's hard, when people give vague ideas without any photos if they want something complicated). They were able to pull up her facebook photos and choose something they liked slight adjustments they wanted.

I LOVED my hair and my BM's really liked theirs as well and commented on how good a job she and Coryne did and how reasonable the price was. There are very few stylists that will travel and do their work on site while not charging an arm and a leg...(I spent HOURS on research). I wanted to relax in our hotel with my girls rather than rushing to and form a salon).
    They were prompt and fun (Angie is really funny) and I plan on going back to Angie on hair services.

Liza · Married on 08/25/2018

3.6
      2.0

The Brideheads team was great the day of my wedding - my hair and makeup looked gorgeous - but they hadn't read the questionnaire they asked me to fill out where I had selected Yes next to the option to rent hair extensions through them. I thought it was weird they didn't follow up and ask for a photo of my hair to match extensions, but I assumed they would just bring a bunch and match me onsite. They showed up with no extensions. My bridesman and his boyfriend had to run to a beauty store to buy me some.

Also, I tried multiple times to set up a trial in the months before the wedding (I had really limited options because I don't live in Wisconsin), and never got a response. I was told that they are bombarded with emails and need follow-ups. I don't think it's reasonable to just expect that people will email you twice because you can't manage your inbox. Seems like there are better ways to deal with that.

Julie · Married on 09/04/2016

2.2
      0.5

Angela is not quick to respond, not very professional. Beware of her, if you can handle her snarky comments and month turnaround time to respond then you are all set.

The girls she contracts are AMAZING and do great work though, that is why the review is 2 sided.

JD · Married on 07/08/2011

2.0

This was the only vendor I have anything to complain about on my wedding day. Here is why: they were 50 minutes late to arrive for our appointment. Angie said she would be at my apartment at 11am but did not arrive until 11:50pm. They were supposed to finished at 1pm, but did not finish until 1:30pm. My wedding started at 2pm. I got the church at 1:45pm and still had my dress to put on.

Also, it wasn't just the fact that they were late, but they didn't even call to let me know. I called them at 11:12am, and she did not answer. I called back again at 11:20am, and she picked up and said that they had run into an accident on the beltline but would be there soon. I called AGAIN at 11:46am, and she said that they had just missed my apartment and were going around the block. They got up to my apartment at 11:50pm. They did not even apologize. I realize that things happen, but half of me has to wonder if what held them up initially was the accident, or the fact that they had another bride booked before me that morning and that just ran late. Also, if the weddings were very far apart in distance, she probably should not have booked both of us that day to begin with.

Angie has a full time job at Netflix, works either full or part time at a salon and does this. She is working too much and should not say she can be somewhere if she can't.

My hair and make up did turn out nicely, but the fact that they were this late on such an important day and didn't even call or apologize about being late is unacceptable. Angie even snapped at my sister when she asked when our driver should be here to pick us up (since he was originally picking us up at 1pm when she said we'd be finished) and said "we'll be done when we're done." Bad manners.

Sarah · Married on 05/28/2017

1.4
      1.0

I had a very poor experience working with Brideheads. I even had very low expectations going into the process. A friend had used them for her wedding and said they were "fine" - not the best, not very professional, but that they were "fine". I was getting married on Sunday of Memorial Day, and with a large number of bridesmaids, my options were fairly limited. I decided "fine" would be good enough - how bad could it be, right?
    - Scheduling a trial was a nightmare. Angela was not responsive and difficult to coordinate with. I ended up making a special trip up from Chicago to Madison the week before my wedding because that was the only time they could accommodate a trial in the months leading up to the wedding day.
    - The trial itself was a disaster. In the questionnaire I completed before the appointment, I had requested extensions. They were supposed to be ready and used as part of the trial - they were not. I asked for my hair to be half up and swept to the side - she started pinning it all up. When I asked part way through that she was doing half up, she was annoyed that she needed to take out some of the pins. The makeup was even worse, I felt like a clown. The worst part - this trial was one week before the wedding - its not like I could even switch if I wanted to. In addition to paying the full cost of the awful trial, I felt the need to leave a generous tip since this woman would be doing my hair and makeup on my wedding day.
    - The day of the wedding.... Dani, the stylist that had done my trial and was to be doing my hair, showed up an hour and a half late. She then proceeded to chug my glass of champagne. The bride's glass of champagne!?!?! I've never seen anything like this.
    - Finally, Angela, the owner overcharged me for my bridesmaids hair. She required that I pay for up-dos for all the girls and would reimburse for those that ended up doing half up or down with curls. Needless to say, I did not hear back from her.

Lisa · Married on 10/20/2018

0.4
      0.5

Stay away from Brideheads. We will never know if Angie can do hair as we cancelled after Angie would never schedule a trial after taking our $150 from the Save the Date Contract. Horrible customer service! We signed the Save the Date contract in early June and by the end of August after sending emails and emails to Angie, she would never even schedule a trial hairdo. We weren’t asking for the actual appt to happen yet, just asking for it to be scheduled, so it would be one last thing to worry about. Most emails to Angie went unanswered or she replied that she simply cannot schedule a trial for an October wedding when she hasn’t even scheduled the trials for the August and September weddings yet! When I cancelled the contract (she wouldn’t even return the money) she stated, “I’m not ignoring you, I’m just busy!” This company is run by an unprofessional and completely rude woma

Ericka · Married on 09/24/2017

0.4
      0.5

I did not have a good experience with Brideheads. When I first emailed Angie, she responded immediately, so I sent in the $150 deposit to reserve the date. Before signing the final contract, I emailed Angie to ask a few questions as well as asking to schedule my hair trial. A week went by, no response. I emailed again, no response. I waited a few more days, called and left a voicemail. I then received a text from Angie saying she was on a trip and would be getting back to emails the following Monday. Okay, fine...but then that Monday came and went, and I heard nothing. I waited until Thursday of that week and texted back asking when I could expect to hear from her. Still no response. So finally on the following Monday - which was now 3 weeks after I contacted her, and less than 3 weeks to go until my wedding! - I emailed to say I was cancelling services and booking elsewhere. Of course, she then responded immediately. But with no apology, and still no response to my original questions. Just an excuse about how she is very busy and that I would not be getting my deposit back. Very poor response, with no regard for customer service. I understand you may be busy...but not responding to someone when they try to repeatedly contact you for 3 WEEKS - especially with my wedding just around the corner! - is simply unacceptable. I have not had this issue with any other vendor I have been working with for my wedding, and I'm sure they are all very busy. As I read other reviews about Brideheads, I could see that I was not the first person to experience this. I decided I would happily forego the deposit I had put down and instead book another company out of Milwaukee that has much better reviews, and that I can count on to communicate with me and show up on time for my wedding. My advice to other brides looking for a mobile company in the Madison area is to find a company out of Milwaukee or Chicago. Yes, you may pay a bit more, but it will be worth it. You get what you pay for.

Elizabeth · Married on 09/06/2014

0.0

I wish I could give Angie less than a 0 for Professionalism.

Angie and her stylist were 45 minutes late to the appointment for my wedding day. We tried calling both, initially no answer. I got a text at 20 minutes late that they were on their way. We called again at 30 minutes late, Angie yelled at my maid of honor. They arrived 45 minutes late and yelled at my maid of honor again. At this point we had already told them twice that we wanted to cancel our service. However, they still attempted to unload their stuff and come into my house.

After the debacle, I was charged the full price for the services I asked for but never received plus 15% gratuity. Angie also responded to an e-mail of mine and blamed their late-ness on having to pull over to answer the call from my maid of honor (at the already-30-minutes-late-mark).

I re-read through other reviews on The Knot after the fact and realized that this is a pattern with Angie. Following any negative review, Angie responds, blames the bride and attempts to "give advice" for other brides on how to avoid this from happening.

My advice: Avoid Angie Schulz and Brideheads.