Bridal & Veil Reviews

Marcie · Married on 07/16/2011

1.2
      3.5
      1.0

When I was initially looking for a wedding dress, the sales girl who helped me pick out the dress was very helpful and friendly. I found the dress I wanted, but it required several visits to have the dress tailored. The last few times I was in, the woman at the front desk was very rude and brisk. She was not very clear on what services were offered as far as having the dress dry cleaned once they had finished tailoring the dress. When I asked for the name of the owner of the shop, the woman refused to give me his name. She was rude abbrassive and dismissed me with a smirk when I told I would be in later to speak to the owner.

You will find a deal as far as dresses go. You really have to pck through what they have. As far as professionalism and making you feel special or even satisfied by the whole experience? My suggestion is that you go elsewhere.

Sent on 10/05/2011

Lorena · Married on 07/28/2012

1.2
      1.5
      1.5
      1.0

This store sucks in every way. Believe me ur better off at any other bridal store. Non-professional, dresses are not always order on time and owners are not willing to work anything out if something goes wrong. If you end up buying from this store........GOOD LUCK!!!!

Sent on 06/22/2012

Daniella · Married on 04/01/2012

1.0

Do not use their services. Everything about my wedding experience was amazing except my dealings with this place.

Sent on 04/23/2012
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 07/08/2017

0.8
      2.0
      0.5

I had a terrible experience at Bridal and Veil. I did not make an appointment with them so I was a walk-in and they treated me as if I was an inconvenience. It was the first time I tried on a wedding dress and I was unsure of what I wanted so I tried on several dresses. The consultant seemed very annoyed and said "you are hard to please". She continually tried to pressure me into buying a dress and told me "I should have bought a dress yesterday" even though I was still seven months out. I had a terrible experience and would not recommend this place to any one especially first time dress shoppers who do not know exactly what they want.

Sent on 07/30/2017
  • Cliff & Lindsay's

Cliff L. · Married on 10/28/2017

0.4
      0.5

WORST customer service I've received in my entire life at this store. I was super exited to visit this store. They are open on Sundays for appts only. I had already had my heart kind of set on a designers dress that they did not carry however I was still very open and excited to look at other possibilities.
    It started out as a normal appt when we arrived. We were set up with a worker. I can not remember her name. She was super sweet with blue dyed hair. She was the only positive I can take away from my experience. I was open and honest with her as she helped me pick out dresses about the fact that I did already have my eye on something else but nothing was set in stone. I think we chose 10ish dresses and I set down as my 3 bridemaids began trying them on.
    Heres where ish went down hill! Once my maid of honor was finished trying on her dresses she noticed they had a room fully of poofy dresses. She couldn't help herself and grabbed a dress and went to try it on. Our helper did not say anything so we didn't see it as a issue. I know my bridesmaid was in the wrong but we were honestly just having a little fun on this day. The manger came over and began scolding is for trying on the dress. She then began lying to us and told us the store closed in 10 min. After asking her why this was not brought to my attention when the appointment was made she stated well I meant we are closing in 20 minutes and walked away.
    2 minutes later she returns and says to us "why are you even here when there is another dress that you are buying anyway." Are you Kidding me!! That's when I snapped back. The whole point of shopping is being allowed to look at multiple locations and find what you love. At this point we began gathering our things to leave. She continued to yell at us accusing us of treating the woman assisting us like a slave when the whole time we were chatting & helping rehang the dresses. I asked our helper and she said we were nice and that's just how her manager is.

Sent on 04/15/2017

0.4
      0.5

Terrible. Avoid at all costs. The place is disgusting and not some where you would want to bring family/friends.

I bought the dress and it was beautiful but WAY to big - going from a size 12 to a size 0, but it was the one. They assured me it was absolutely no problem to alter and would give me a great deal.

They had a hard time with alterations and the staff is difficult to communicate with - their first priority is making money for their business and upselling not worrying about what is best for the bride. Planning a wedding a cross the country, I bought my dress alone with little help, so i guess shame on me for coming here.

Also, when I brought the dress to Boston to be pressed well, that is when i learned what a terrible job they did with altering it. The owner felt so bad but she had to tell me they literally butchered the dress and ruined the special details that make it a Pronovias.

Go somewhere else. Read reviews and find somewhere that will not give you frustrations 6, 3 and 1 month(s) before the wedding. It is not worth it.

Sent on 07/28/2012

0.2
      0.0

Bridal and Veil has the worst customer service I have seen in a long time! I decided to buy my wedding dress through them (big mistake). While in the store we asked our helper if we could have some champagne, she said yes. 15 min later a manager came by with this disgusted look on her face while I am saying yes to my dress, and said "I know that your helper told you yes to drinking but you can't drink in here and need to put it away" ( 1. Why are you speaking to us and not to your employee when you know your person said we could 2. You don't need to be rude about it). Then while saying yes to my dress, I thought I needed a belt to spice it up and they tried to sell me one for $300. I thought that was pricy so I decided to look around. Come to find out my dress comes with a belt for no charge (1. Why were they trying to sell me a belt for $300 when it came with a belt, 2. When ordering my dress why didn't they call me and say " it looks like it comes with a belt what color would you like?" (because that's real customer service)! When I called to ask them these questions they told me they found the pink belt in the back that goes with that dress and I could have it, I told them I didn't want a belt they found in the back and I wanted the same color as my dress, and for them find out what they ordered and to make sure it is ordered correctly. They called me back left a message, when I called back no one knew anything about it. I Had to tell the entire story again to now the owner Sal who said he would call me back Monday. We talked on Monday and he proceed to call me a liar that he showed me the belt on the computer but that me and my entire bridal party was drunk and didn't remember! Look just do your self a favor and don't even go to this store it is one headache after another and it's not worth it!!!!!

Sent on 01/21/2015

Kathy · Married on 03/03/2012

0.0

This place does not even rate one star! It has been a nightmare trying to deal with these people at every turn! The customer service is non-existent. It started with placing the order for the wedding dress in May. It did not arrive until the first week in January. That was the least of our troubles with them. They do not communicate with each other nor us, do no return phone calls, no-show on appointments and actually lied about phone messages. We are still missing the straps to my daughter's dress, which we will have to buy elsewhere. These were supposed to arrive with the dress. The manager last told my daughter to find them online on a website that apparently does not exist. Hard to believe all this happened. I am amazed they are still in business. The place needs to be closed so they don't ruin anyone else's bridal experience.

Sent on 01/20/2012