Bridal & Veil Reviews

• Whitney

Whitney · Married on 07/10/2009

4.2
      3.5

These people are great for wedding dresses. Although they were not great about calling my mom back on her dress, they really did a good job with mine. They are reasonable, and can beat out most stores in San Diego. They also are very nice and helpful when you visit their store. They let you look through all of their dresses. And one thing I really liked, they called me when one of my friends came in to look at my dress...to ask for permission. They were very much on top of everything. Go check them out...

Sent on 08/11/2009
  • sabrinaloves97

Sabrina · Married on 11/27/2010

4.2

I loved my dress, but I do have to say that it was a little expensive. I wouldn't change it for the world though. I really recommend them though. Of course they are much better than the one down the road..... only for size 0 girls.

Sent on 12/10/2010
  • U

Ursula · Married on 06/11/2016

3.5

I visited quite a few different bridal shops before I decided which dress I wanted to wear on my wedding day. I found a beautiful designer gown at Bridal and Veil and the 'try on process' was pleasant. I even was able to get a discount on the dress I wanted. They showed me many gowns within my price range and were very helpful when I wasn't sure what style I wanted. I paid for 1/2 of the dress upfront. I ordered 6+ months in advance and the dress came in on time. I paid off the dress when I went to try it on. I ended up needing a few alterations and I'm glad I let their seamstress alter my dress. The alterations were reasonably priced and the quality of the work was wonderful. The only thing they could have done better would be to call the customer when their dress comes in. Otherwise I have no complaints. The girls were really nice and I found my perfect dress (within my budget as well) here.

Sent on 06/27/2016

3.0

I love this place! My bridal experience here was amazing I had gone to 10 different Bridal shops before I got to this place 2 months before my wedding they found me the perfect dress my sales consultant Reva was beyond amazing had pulled out every dress they had that I was looking for! She would not let me leave til I found the perfect dress. Yes their samples are torn up but hey their only SAMPLES and if you were to buy the sample they restore the whole dress for you which is nice of them. They always called me back as I did do follow up calls with them! Their customer service was amazing the staff is so friendly! If you want a big selection with great prices this is the place to go!

Sent on 10/09/2012

Logan · Married on 01/11/2011

3.0

Huge dress selection. The biggest in San Diego. They are busy, even though I had an appointment, I still had to wait. I got to look through the dresses myself which I really liked. Dresses from $300 and up. They don't work on commission so there is not pressure like other salons. They will work a little bit of a deal on price too. They were very flexible and stayed late for me to come after work for alterations because I was so close to my wedding date. Anna was really nice and helpful. The dress manufacturer sent my dress with an uneven hemline, the seamstress and Anna stayed late and ate the cost to fix all the lining and lace hem in time for my wedding. You couldnt even tell that the alteration was done. They are not the most professional place, and yes they need a remodel, but you are working with real people that will make it right if something goes wrong.

Sent on 02/23/2011

Sallie · Married on 04/03/2016

My experience at Bridal and Veil was pretty good. Francelli was the sweet young lady who was helping me find my perfect dress. She pulled so many dresses for me to try which was fantastic. After countless try-ons though and nothing seemed to be working (not for a lack of trying on Francell's part), the last dress I tried on was THE ONE! So beautiful, perfectly me. And to think that I almost gave up at that point! Bridal and Veil has a great selection of dresses. It happened to be the very first store I went to on my dress hunt and I was super stoked to find my dress at the first stop. Ask for Francelli, she's great!

Sent on 05/17/2016

Alyssa · Married on 10/04/2014

I have to be honest my expectations were pretty low. I had read other reviews online that ripped this place to shreds. But my experience was great. I was looking for a very specific dress so I called, asked if they had it, they gave me the price over the phone, I came in, tried it on and bought it. And because I did it that same day, they threw in the veil for free! My stylist was so nice, very helpful, not pushy, and let me take photos of my dress, which according to other reviews (and the sign on the mirror) I was not allowed to do. When we placed the order, my dress came in within the time frame they gave me, in the correct size, and it was perfect. I ordered my veil the day I picked up my dress which also came in within the time frame they promised and was perfect. I will say I did not have my alterations done there and if I had to critique them, I would say that I probably could have ordered the dress a size smaller which definitely would have saved me on the alterations. It also was not the quintessential bridal experience that most brides want and I was okay with that because I wasn't expecting it, but a congratulatory glass of champagne would have made this a 5 out of 5 for me.

Sent on 11/15/2014

Cathryn · Married on 11/09/2013

3.0

I found the perfect dress here. They have a great selection and the price was totally reasonable. I had some issues with the length of my dress so be clear when you order it. You have to double check everything here. However, they were more than willing to help me out and the seamstress is wonderful. All in all, very happy with the results.

Sent on 11/22/2013
  • Sarah Kay

Sarah K. · Married on 06/19/2010

3.5

I loved the great selections they had for bridal gowns with affordable prices.
    However, when my gown came in, the neckline looked nothing like the showroom gown's neckline.
    Since I live out of town, my parents went to talk to them. The manager was just awful and would not listen to my parents and there was quite a fight. However, Sandra who helped me once and remembered me (she wasn't even my consultant) stepped in. To make the long story short, the neckline was altered to resemble the showroom gown and it was just perfect! Bridal and Veil is blessed to have Sandra!!

Sent on 06/25/2010

Liliana · Married on 04/10/2010

3.0

I fell in love with my wedding dress upon first sight. The trouble was that I couldnt find it anywhere!. I live in Los Angeles and I must have called about 15 different places asking for this wonderful dress. Then I decided to expand my search. I came accross this place in San Diego which allegedly had a huge dress selection. I called and they had my dream dress so this became my vendor. They have bilingual employees (english/spanish/russian) and the seamstresses are bilingual as well. There were a few difficulties with this but i overcame the difficulties because this is the only place that had my dress. They werent the most professional or responsive bridal store but it didnt matter to me. I came in with a good attitude and smile all the time and they had my dress and im sure you could find yours there too

Sent on 04/27/2010

Emilyn · Married on 03/06/2010

3.0

Bride and Veil has a very good selection of dresses. I tried on 4 dresses at the store and I actually bought the first dress, which I fell in love with. I purchased the dress off the rack which was 6 sizes too big because they weren't able to get another dress in time for my wedding. It would have taken several months to get the dress (but that was just an estimate) and then an estimated 3 weeks for alterations. I didn't mind it too much because it was what I wanted and after inspecting the dress, there wasn't any visible flaws. Their cost for alterations was a lot more pricier than another reputable tailor.

Sent on 05/19/2010

Kimberly · Married on 11/26/2011

3.6
      3.5

They were amazing except for the alteration lady. She did not complete her job. Very disappointed. I was late to my own wedding because she did not fix my straps.

Sent on 05/09/2012
  • Anne

Anne · Married on 04/27/2012

3.0

I bought my wedding dress, veil, sash, and tiara from San Diego Bridal and Veil. I loved my dress, but I didn't receive it until two days before my wedding date. They did warn me beforehand that it would be tight... but I wasn't prepared for only a few days before! I started calling them a week beforehand and they hadn't even checked on the dress, or asked for it rushed to begin with, which is what we had requested since we knew the delivery date was so close to the wedding date. It is no fun to go through alterations a day before your wedding. Luckily the seamstress was amazing that they provided and everything worked out (the dress fit fine as ordered and we only had to add the sash and add a bustle... so it wasn't a lot of alterations). If you have lots of time and start early, I recommend Bridal and Veil, but if you are dress shopping 6-7 months before and have the Christmas Holiday in-between, go somewhere else, or else make sure the delivery date is Ok before you pay.

Sent on 06/04/2012

Traci · Married on 04/17/2010

3.5

Bridal & Veil has a great selection of dresses and the girls who work there are great at helping you find the perfect dress--especially Ysenia. Josie, the alterations person, was ready to make alterations on my dress that turned out not to be needed. Luckily, one of the other girls who worked there caught it before it was too late. I had to go back for several fittings, which got old. In the end, my dress was beautiful and they did end up "including" my steaming in the cost of the dress, which was a huge bonus.

Sent on 05/13/2010

Amanda · Married on 05/28/2011

3.0

I have to start by saying that I loved my wedding dress. It was the look I wanted at a very affordable price. That being said, because the price was so good I did have to compromise on service. This is not one of those fancy boutiques that serves you mimosas while you shop. The dresses to try on tend to be dirty, torn and well... definitely run through the ringer. I never worked with the same saleslady twice which is not to say that all of them weren't helpful but if you're looking for consistency that's probably not what you're going to get. Also, when I went for my second fitting, I overheard some of the girls discussing a bride who had outgrown the size she originally ordered for her wedding dress and now refused to pay for it. There really wasn't much of an attempt to help her out.

Needless to say, this left me with a bit of anxiety especially when my dress did finally arrive seemingly a half size too small!!!! However, their seamstress Barbara was fantastic and she was able to adjust it accordingly so that it fit like a dream. The alterations weren't terribly expensive and looking back, the whole experience could have been a real nightmare.

Bottom line - if you're looking to be treated like a princess, this is not the place. But if you're looking for something affordable and you're willing to take a little risk, the pay off could be totally worth it.

Sent on 06/29/2011

Mayra · Married on 08/28/2010

3.0

My dress fitting was awesome. The girl was fast and found "the dress" rather quickly. But after that, I was called 30min before my appt. to cancel it because it wasn't ready for fitting which was lame. When I received the dress It had lint and pieces of red string all stuck in the tulle. I had to have my bridesmaids help me clean it up before I could put it on. Very bad impression because I paid a lot of money to have it altered and steamed on top of the price of the dress.

Sent on 08/29/2013

3.2
      3.0

My stylist was wonderful... the owner of the store is not so wonderful. He made it all very awkward and uncomfortable had it not been for my glorious stylist Cynthia I would have walked right out.

Sent on 12/02/2014

Lisa · Married on 01/30/2010

3.2
      3.5

On the positive side, the girls that work there are nice and welcoming, despite never remembering a customer (I was asked by the same girl, three separate times, if I was there to try on dresses). Also, the dresses really are affordable and the selection is rather extensive. When I said, "No ball gowns" I was listened to. Ivon was very helpful and a great consultant to work with and Celia, the seamstress, was superb at her job and a really nice lady. Bridal and Veil is a relatively inexpensive bridal shop. As such, there were some areas that were really lacking, but that are easy to rectify. First, the organization of records in this bridal shop is just asking for an overhaul. If they merely switched over to a computer based system of record keeping instead of the pen and paper that they have, there would have been much less confusion and rework. Second, the interior of the shop could really do with an inexpensive face lift. Everything from the mannequins to the wall sconces looked dated and dirty. Third, when a bride is trying to be thrifty as I was, and is still willing to spend over $1000 on a dress and alterations, the shop should not be nickel and dime-ing the bride to death. For example, what would it really take to include steaming of the dress in the price of the dress? It probably take less than 30 minutes to do this job but I was charged $65 on top of all the other charges. I would likely do more shopping around if I had to do this experience again but I may well have arrived at bridal and veil in the end.

Sent on 02/01/2010

Brittany · Married on 07/28/2013

2.8
      3.0

I looked at many places to find my wedding dress, the prices here are quite high. My budget was under $1000. Many of the dresses were above that price so it's a higher budget store but I found my gorgeous dress, problem was that it was 8 weeks before my wedding and we had to rush delivery, an extra $200 they charge on top of the dress. I was freaking out and didn't have the extra money so they worked with me and paid for the rush delivery, which was very nice. I was suppose to get it in 5 weeks and it came in 2-3, company had it in stalk already. The staff was nice and helpful but you can't take pictures in the store which sucked, so you have to sneak them. Not like someone is going to remake the dresses, geez! When i picked up the bag they " didn't have anymore garment bags" so gave me my wedding dress in a blue bag. COME ON!!!! well sounds like they say they have no more garment bags as I called a couple weeks later and a month later and heard the SAME STORY! " they are out of stock" BULL i'm mad i got my most precious expensive dress in a freaking BAG! and still haven't got a garment bag that cost $10 there in 4 months! other then that the experience was good.

Sent on 08/09/2013

2.8
      2.5

I give Bridal & Veil an average of about 2.8 stars because I think it really depends on who you work with. For the purchasing portion, Cynthia was wonderful. She knew her stuff, she listened carefully and helped me find exactly what I was looking for. She was quick and efficient, but kind and patient. I got a great deal, with freebies thrown in, so I was happy.

Follow-up service was hit-or-miss---When I would call to check on things, some people didn't call back but others did. I had to be very assertive and precise in order to get the info I wanted.

The alterations seamstress I was assigned was awful. She cut down the boning on my dress and made it look like a mess. She also misdiagnosed the problems I was having with it. Considering the reviews I've read on various review sites about how the store deals with customer complaints (and the fact that I didn't want that seamstress touching it again), I took it to a couture dressmaker who quickly figured out what was wrong and fixed things up while I waited.

They DO look a little bit rundown and some of the samples can be pretty torn up. But if you're not hung up on appearances and pampering, they're a great option. They have a huge selection and great prices with a knowledgeable and kind sales staff, but I'd recommend taking it elsewhere for alterations. They also charge $85 for steaming(!).

Sent on 08/18/2012

Livy · Married on 10/07/2011

2.6
      1.0

I had a great experience when we went to buy the dress and they were very helpful in selecting a style and dress for me. However, when i returned to collect my dress I was very disappointed with the service. They gave me the dress in a blue bin bag and not the original protective cover it should have come with. It just felt like a cheap short-cut when such a small gesture could have left me with a very different impression of the place. Made me feel that as soon as you've handed over the money you are no longer of any interest to them - which is sad as I won't recommend them to any of my friends, despite the fact i got a great deal and loved my dress.

Sent on 11/01/2011

Stephanie · Married on 01/02/2010

2.6
      3.0

Oh gosh, I don't even know where to start with this. They don't tell you the name of the dress until you buy it, so I was trapped into doing business with this store. It's dirty and smelly and you have to stand around with a bunch of other girls trying on dresses - does not make it feel special. but i found my dream dress here and bought it. THEN, the dress came in four inches too short - some sort of miscommunication? - I'm not sure because no one at the store even acknowledged that it happened. I had two weeks until the wedding so I was in no position to complain. The bustle turned out really badly, it was falling out all night. the alterations lady wouldn't even listen to my complaints about the dress, she kept blowing me off. I wish I would have taken it somewhere else for alterations. And when I had my fittings, there was little kids running around my dress and other girls stepping in front of me in the mirror. I got pushed into a corner just to have alterations done. Lastly, when I came to pick up my dress (a half hour after they told me to come) it wasn't even steamed and i had to wait for it- didn't look any different so I'm not sure why I was talked into paying extra for it. I would never recommend this store to anyone. try to find out the dress online and buy it somewhere else.

Sent on 01/09/2010

Nicole · Married on 05/11/2013

2.4
      2.5

I went to Bridal and Veil because they carried a designer I really liked (Luna Novias). I was thrilled to find a dress after trying on a lot at David's Bridal without being absolutely excited with anything. I am about 5 feet tall and 100 pounds so all the dresses I try on have to be pinned in the back. At Bridal and Veil I tried on a Luna Novias dress and fell in love with it! Only problem was it was a size 12 but the style was from 2 years ago so they gave me a discount. The saleslady (Cynthia) assured me that the seamstress there could take it in to my size and she gave me a price quote. I felt a little deceived because the way it looked pinned was different than the way it looked after it was altered. Also keep in mind this was 3 alterations later! The price I paid in alterations was higher than what she quoted me but it was too late, there are no returns/exchanges after you buy. I felt the price I paid in alterations was the same as a new dress! When I tried it on the first time I liked the way Cynthia bustled it, but when I had my first alteration she didn't explain to me that there are many ways to alter a dress and she didn't tell the seamstress the way I liked the bustle. When I picked it up after the first alteration the bustle looked terrible! It didn't fit the style of the dress at all. Luckily I had a picture of how it was before and Cythnia and the seamstress talked/argued about it and finally the seamstress gave in to do it the way I wanted it (she didn't agree with it). It was a stressful process and I am thankful I started my alterations a couple months in advance since it took 3 alterations to get it the way I wanted it. In the end I loved my dress but I went through a lot of stress/worry to get it that way. I feel that they aren't very honest and they should know that this is most brides first time doing this and they didn't provide the necessary assistance (for example the issue I had with the bustle) .

Sent on 06/03/2013

Leslie · Married on 09/25/2010

1.0

Bridal and Veil in Mission Valley provided all of the dresses for Bride, Bridesmaids, MOH and MOB. Our relationship with this store was a good one - initially...however, that soon changed as soon as we started picking up dresses and/or requested alterations. Alterations cost you an arm and a leg here. If you can go elsewhere for this service, do it. Their alterations schedule is skewed and you may end up experiencing delays in setitng up appointments for fittings and pick ups. Plus, they only steam dresses ONE DAY A WEEK which definetely becomes a problem in terms of picking up ... A week before the wedding, MOB had an AWFUL experience w/ her dress. The alterations woman left it 2 inches too long and argued with her that "that was the style" and blamed my mother for not telling her how short she wanted it. Bottom line is: Floor length is floor length, 2 inches beyong floor length is not acceotable!! Anyway, after arguing with the woman and the Boutique Owner, and telling them that picking up the dress on the morning of the wedding WAS NOT acceptable, we got her dress two days before the wedding. It was like pulling teeth with these people!!!! Nevermind the fact that MOB bought her dress a year and a half before the wedding so she wouldn't have to experience any delays. Bridal and Veil has gorgeous gows at affordable prices but customer service is HORRIBLE with the exception of Ana Maria (Sales lady) and a few other women there. I'll give them a low grade for all the trial and tribulations they made us go through in the end.

Sent on 10/12/2010

Ashlyn S. · Married on 07/13/2019

1.8

Terrible Fittings

My first day at bridal and veil wasn’t fantastic they gave us a beautiful fitting room and I found the dress of my dreams. Once my dress came in it was ordered WAY too small so they gave me the floor sample and didn’t reduce price at all. Then alterations were not completed til a week before my wedding and I had to drive and call multiple times to make sure it was getting done

Sent on 08/08/2019