Bridal & Veil Reviews

83 | San Diego, CA

83 Reviews for Bridal & Veil

Anna · Married on 01/14/2011

I purchased a hair piece and received great service. They rushed it, and called me as soon as it came in.

Sent on 05/12/2011

Lisa · Married on 12/28/2010

AMAZING experience!!! Thank you Ana Maria for making my wedding dress shopping a wonderful, magical thing. I found the perfect dress here and they gave me the BEST price!

Sent on 01/26/2011

Jordyn · Married on 10/16/2010

This inside of this salon is well-traveled and a bit outdated, so if you want a shiny new salon experience this may not be the place for you. However, if you are looking for beautiful dresses and want to work with professional staff, I would recommend Bridal and Veil. I bought my dress from Jeanne and she was an absolute doll to work with. Jeanne listed to my criteria and budget, and helped me find the perfect dress. She worked with me through the entire process, from purchase to alterations. I was also an out of town bride, but Jeanne always remembered me every time I came in. She is definitely the fairy godmother of dress shopping. I found a dress at B&V I had seen at another store, so they generously matched the price. I was notified when my dress came in, and they were able to schedule alterations around my travel schedule (since I was out of town). I would definitely recommend them to other brides who don't need fancy decor to find a dress they like.

Sent on 11/03/2010

Russell · Married on 10/09/2010

My wife's wedding dress from Bridal and Veil was unbelievably beautiful and the price was reasonable! They did a great job making her feel comfortable and making the dress fit perfectly. She said they were very friendly, professional and knowledgeable. She highly recommends them!

Sent on 07/07/2012

Brandi · Married on 08/22/2010

I think one of the most important feelings is how you feel about the way you look on your special day and Bridal & Veil helped me to acomplish that. I arrived San Diego on Tuesday, walked into the store on Wednesday and picked up my dress on Saturday, the day before my wedding, alterations completed, pressed and ready for my wedding!!!!! They have a ton of dresses to choose from and consultants that actually listen to what you're saying. Tremendous experience !!!!!

Sent on 09/15/2010

Cecilia · Married on 07/27/2010

The service was excellent, Ana Maria was so helpful. She made me feel so comfortable and beautiful.

Sent on 08/25/2011
  • luisaglz

Ida · Married on 04/17/2010

When I made my appointment with them, I had no idea I'd find my dress on the first visit. I came in with pictures of dresses I thought I'd love but no luck. Sandra was the person who I was working with. She brought me a dress and asked me to try on. It wasn't something I would have considered but I was open to suggestions. The moment I put it on, I had the "this is it dress". It was the dress and when I saw the price on it, I almost fell. It was less than $1000 and I came in with a $3000 budget so that should tell you, she was there to find me a dress not sell me a high price dress. The whole experience was great. Everyone there were nice and attentive especially Sandra. I bought my wedding dress and my bridesmaids bought their dresses there. If you go, ask for Sandra. She's the best!

Sent on 06/24/2010

Denise · Married on 05/07/2016

Just come here first. I went to 3 other places before I came here and while they had pretty dresses, I only found one at the other stores that was a contender. Yes, I was a picky bride haha but when I tried on dresses here, I loved them all! And the one that I liked at the first place? Well, Bridal and Veil also had it so I was able to compare with all the new dresses I was trying on. They have the best and largest selection and the ladies that help you are so nice! The only negative was kind of the seamstress. She did a good job on my dress but I did not like the way it was bustled. It looked odd and during my fitting appointment she seemed stressed out by my dress because it was head to toe lace and beading. I know it was a difficult dress because of all the layers, lace and beading but her stress caused me to stress even more. Either way, I would definitely recommend this place for finding "the one".

Sent on 02/21/2017

Christina C. · Married on 11/30/2019

Great connection and support

Engaged in March and getting married in November. Tan pulled multiple dresses in a range of prices after I gave a few details about my style. There were at least 5 I could've walked away with then and there. Ultimately selected a unique convertible dress for church and then reception. They found be a beautiful veil that matched perfectly. This was my second appointment and the other shop I tried had little connection. This was a true bride experience. Brought my parents back to show the dress and we got great advice on Mother of the Bride dresses. Friendly and welcoming staff.

Sent on 04/16/2019

Service was professional and prompt, and my dress was lovely. They have a huge selection of gowns to choose from, and are very helpful in determining what would look best on your body type. The seamstress was very accommodating, and made sure everything fit and looked perfect. I would recommend San Diego Bridal and Veil without hesitation!

Sent on 07/18/2014

Lindsay · Married on 02/22/2014

I haven't received my dress yet, so I can only comment on experience when selecting the dress and the value. Love my dress! I spent the weekend searching at 5 different boutiques, however it wasn't until Bridal & Veil that I was able to breathe a sigh of relief! Loved the whole experience, it doesn't have the bells and whistles you may get at other shops, but you can't beat the selection!

Sent on 09/23/2013

Alma L. · Married on 05/28/2011

Very good service, my dress is beautifull, it came on time, even I ask for her 4 months before wedding, I was waiting for a beutifull store but thats not happend, but the selection of dresses is amazing, and I'm very greatfull for the great experience.

Sent on 06/16/2011

Rebekah · Married on 05/29/2010

this place has so many dresses and so much variety. I looked all over Orange county and San Diego. This is where i found my dress. I knew what i wanted, went in there, tried on one dress and bought it! It was PERFECT.

Sent on 06/24/2010

Meighan · Married on 05/01/2010

This is where I bought my perfect wedding dress. I went to almost every wedding dress shop in the area (I was wedding dress shopping for almost an entire year). I had mixed reviews about this shop, but I had no problems. In fact, my experience was nothing but a good one. I never made an appointment and there was only one time that I went in and I had to help myself in and out of dresses. All of the women working there were helpful and I particularly liked the honest opinions of some of them- I tried a big, beautiful ball gown, walked out of the dressing room, and the woman who was helping me took one look at me and told me "No honey, that is not your dress." I looked in the mirror and she was absolutely right. The dress was not gorgeous, but I got lost in it. You need to have honest opinions when trying on dresses because they are all gorgeous and a lot of times your friends and family will think you look gorgeous in anything you put on. You sometimes need the professional opinion of someone who knows all the styles of wedding dresses and which ones will look best on you. Please keep in mind that it took about 3 months to get my dress in once I ordered it. And I did not get my alterations done here.

Sent on 05/20/2010

Roseanne · Married on 11/14/2009

The service at this shop is amazing! We had several women helping us. It is better to call and make an appointment because it can get really busy. I went in having no idea about the style of dress I wanted and they were so helpful, asked me questions to narrow it down, and brought me plenty of options. After 20 dresses or so, I was ready to give up for the day. Jeanie, our main lady, asked one of her colleagues for any suggestions and she pulled one out and that was it! It was in my price range too which was the deal maker. I wish my alterations weren't $400 but that included my steaming. My bussell was a bit complicated with six hooks but they were nice enough to walk through it several times with one of my bridesmaids.

Sent on 12/02/2009

Brittany · Married on 04/15/2018

3.0

They have an amazing selection of wedding dresses & from what i could tell at very reasonable prices. My dress was only $1000 & alterations are looking like $450

Sent on 01/13/2018

I bought my wedding dress here, but had alterations done elsewhere. Ysenia was my consultant and she was really sweet and made me feel really comfortable. I had come from David's Bridal and was discouraged because nothing looked good on me. When I came to Bridal & Veil, I tried on probably 9-10 dresses and loved every single one of them. I did read some of the reviews on yelp and it did make me nervous, but luckily my dress turned out perfect. I was torn between 2 dresses and Ysenia helped me make the final decision and she chose right! This place's decor has no frills so if you're someone who wants to have the whole experience where your friends and family watch you come out on a platform as you try on dresses, then it might not be the place for you. It does look a little run down on the inside, but that didn't matter to me. Just make sure to follow up if your dress doesn't come when it's expected to. I wish I could taken pics of myself in the dresses before purchasing but they don't allow it.

Sent on 04/27/2013
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 09/18/2009

This shop has mixed reviews, but from what I noticed most of the negatives have to do with the appearance of the store and cluttered amount of dresses. I made an appointment and worked with Sandra. This was my 6th bridal shop and she really listened to what I wanted in my wedding dress. That didn't happen at any other shop. I knew that I wanted a mermaid style dress, so that's all she showed me. The other bridal shops showed me all kinds of dress styles which was a waist of time because mermaid was the only style I wanted. Sandra found a dress for me that was perfect except it had straps. She said not to worry...they would make it strapless and that they did. My dress was stunning and just what I had envisioned. Here's a tip...if you want a swanky boutique this is not the place for you. The shop is nice, but there are a lot a lot of dresses. Not frills equals reasonable prices, beautiful dresses and a selection that won't leave you disappointed. On my wedding day I didn't care about my dress coming from a fancy boutique, but that my dress looked like it did. It was 100% silk, looked amazing and I paid half of what I would have paid at a designer boutique. Well worth the time spent searching through all the dresses in the store.

Sent on 11/24/2009

Tiffany · Married on 09/28/2013

While I was super scared to buy my dress here, it was one of the few shops in San Diego that sold Maggie Sottero. I was pleasantly surprised with the service. All the girls that work here are great. The store itself needs a serious overhaul. I really want to rip off the disgusting carpet and air the place out a bit. Ksenia sold me my dress, and was wonderful. Everyone in there assisted with my fittings and pick up, and they were all awesome.

The seamstress seemed pretty talented as far as I could tell (this is hopefully my first and only wedding dress to be fitted) and she is very sweet. However, there were a few things I was not thrilled about. They used cheap clear buttons on the dress for the bustle that I felt looked somewhat tacky...thank god my veil covered some of them. She also bustled my chiffon dress on the outside. Every book I read said chiffon is to be bustled underneath (probably so you do not see clear tacky buttons). However, she said it was the only way she could bustle it. I am trusting the seamstress's instinct that perhaps this was to help the dress maintain a beautiful silhouette (???).

In the end, I loved my Maggie Soterro dress, and was happy that my dress was ordered correctly, arrived on time, was not lost in the store, or any other nightmares that I had read about from other brides.

Sent on 11/20/2013

Vanessa · Married on 11/12/2011

I purchased my bridesmaids' dresses here and it turned out great! I was hesitant before I chose these dresses because I had read horrible reviews. Luckily our experience was great. I believe I had a great experience because I was very assertive and checking up on our order. I had to make sure all of my bridesmaids got measured prior to the deadline and that the employees ordered the dresses on time. I called several times to make sure everything was done. I asked for all of the information (i.e. the order confirmation number, sizes ordered, and arrival date) so I could follow up. To my surprise, the dresses arrived early and it made us all very happy. Communication is key!

Sent on 11/30/2011

Kasey · Married on 08/20/2011

3.5

Our daughter could not have been more pleased with her wedding gown and veil. Anna knew exactly what kind of dresses to pull that would be the most flattering. The final product fit our daughter like a second skin and the veil was a perfect compliment. However, when we purchased the dress, we were told that the dress would arrive in February. It did not arrive until May. We also had problems with the veil order ---it didn't arrive until the week before the wedding. I would let other brides know that when the store says that the "alterations start at $300," that the total price of my daughter's alterations was $600---plus $85 to steam press the veil. The good news is that our daughter had the altered dress and the veil by her wedding day and she was VERY pleased with her final look.
    Jerri

Sent on 08/26/2011
  • F

Flavia · Married on 09/19/2009

I bought my dress at Bride & Veil. I think they probably have the largest wedding dress selection in San Diego. They carry all kinds of designers and I think the spectrum of styles and prices at this store is incredible (from $500 - $5000 dresses). However, the store is a bit intimidating to get around - they are almost "too big". So I would recommend either looking online and coming in ideas of dresses you'd like to try, or to tell the vendor what sort of styles you like, and they know the inventory very well and can select dresses in the silhouette that you are looking for. I also found that they could have a nicer decor. The alterations here, however, are AMAZING. The seamstress is really experienced. The bustle for my dress was worth every penny - it was intricate and beautifully done and added a lot to my dress. She did some alternations to the bust and it was seamless - you couldn't tell that any work had been done on the dress. I would recommend coming here and seeing what they have - they have a lot to choose from.

Sent on 11/07/2009

Christy · Married on 09/05/2015

They have a huge selection of bridal dresses from many different designers and a variety of different styles. Before discovering them I had gone to 4 other bridal dress shops but couldn't find the perfect dress. Compared to other bridal stores they had a much larger selection that I instantly found my wedding gown. I purchased it the same day and they gave me the veil for free. I will say I constantly had to call them to check on the status of my dress because they don't update you. You literally have to keep insisting to get any updates. It would help them to hire more staff because those poor girls seem like they just have too much work on their hands. My dress finally arrived two weeks before my wedding and they ordered me a size too small. Not what I had ordered. I was devastated thinking nothing could be done. I stressed that whole week because of my dress. However they offered to make dress alternations to fit me for free. After all that's the least they could have done considering they had ordered the incorrect size. Thank goodness wedding gowns actually have some space to make them larger, something I didn't know. I did have to go back two other times for alternations. It was a little frustrating considering it was a long drive for me and I was super stressed that it wouldn't fit nice. My dress was ready exactly two days before my wedding and it was adjusted nicely. I do have to say the girls who work there were very sweet and helpful at all times.

Sent on 02/15/2016

4.2
      3.5

Although the ambiance is not impressive, we were surprised at the large selection of weddings dresses and the great prices. We even saw bone of the dresses at a high end salon for much more! My daughter found a gorgeous dress at a great price, the tailoring was excellent, and everything arrived on time. Definitely worth shopping here!

Sent on 06/29/2014

Caroline · Married on 08/20/2011

4.2

After looking around several shops in town, Bridal & Veil seemed to have the biggest selection of dresses. Anna Maria was very helpful, friendly & energetic! I bought my veil their as well and overall found their service to be good.

Sent on 08/27/2011