Bridal By Jen Reviews

27 | San Rafael, CA

27 Reviews for Bridal By Jen

Andie · Married on 10/04/2014

I was incredibly happy with Jen for my bridal hair and makeup, my bridesmaids hair and my mom's makeup. She was really accommodating during both my trial and on the day of. When I had told her I was concerned with the volume of my hair falling out, she added extra oompf that lasted ALL NIGHT. She did exactly what I wanted and was really friendly and professional the whole time. My hair and makeup still looked incredible at 2:30 am. I have already recommended her to friends who are getting married. I could not be happier with her.

For my wedding, Jen and her staff took on the daunting task of styling hair for 6 people and applying makeup for 6 people, all in the space of 3 hours! I could not be more pleased with how it all turned out. They had excellent communication throughout the entire process, from booking them all the way up to the day of. They were prompt, professional, friendly, and easy to work with. And most importantly, everyone they laid hands on looked AMAZING for the big day. Wedding pictures are a one-shot deal and because of the expertise and skill of Jen and her staff, mine turned out perfectly. I would recommend Styled by Jen to anyone and everyone who asks. Thank you so much for making my day so memorable!

Janice · Married on 11/02/2013

Styled by Jen did my hair and makeup for my wedding. Jen came to my house which made things a 1000 times easier, so its great to have that option. She works fast and is really good at what she does I also think her prices are fair for the industry.

Catherine · Married on 09/07/2013

Jen was great - she got all 8 of us ready very efficiently and everyone looked beautiful!!!

Bracha · Married on 08/25/2013

I highly recommend Jen for any wedding or special occasion. Jen was extremely responsive and easy to work with. She gave me exactly what I wanted, the perfect natural look for my wedding day. She was very receptive to my feedback and encouraged me to give input. Jen also did a great job with a very diverse bridal party. Many of my bridesmaids had very thick, curly hair and all of them had different styles. Each of my bridesmaids looked beautiful and natural while still maintaining their personal styles. Jen is a great person to have around and made the morning of my wedding calm and relaxed. I have received so many compliments on my hair both on the wedding day and in the weeks following. I've been told that I looked beautiful and like the best version of myself. Jen did such a great job that my mother and I now use her as our regular hairdresser.

Erika · Married on 08/24/2013

I initially went to Jen to style my hair for my wedding. During my hair trial, Jen was so nice and did such an amazing job with my hairstyle that I decided to book her for my make-up as well. She did my hair & make-up, my mother's make-up and 4 bridesmaids. She was so quick and everyone's make-up looked flawless and lasted all night. I have very oily skin, which is why I chose airbrush make-up, but I still brought my own make-up with me to the venue thinking that I would need a slight touch up throughout the night but I didn't need anything other then to reapply lip gloss which Jen gives you extra so you can use all night. I always dreamed of looking perfect for my wedding day and Jen made that happen. Jen is friendly, accommodating and a great value. You cannot go wrong booking Jen for your wedding.

Jill · Married on 08/16/2013

Jen did a great job with me and all my bridesmaids. We had some last minute changes and she was very flexible. Getting ready for the wedding was so much more fun in a hotel suite than hanging around a salon.

Jen was absolutely fantastic to work with. The day of my wedding, she arrived on time and immediately got to work, doing hair and makeup not only for me, but also for my mom and 4 bridesmaids. She was incredibly fast, and the results were just what each girl wanted. Even my photographer was blown away by how great she was (according to her, hair & makeup vendors are the #1 reason why weddings fall behind schedule). I highly recommend Jen!

Bridal by Jen did the hair and makeup for me, my bridesmaids and my mother-in-law the morning of my wedding. It was a morning wedding, which meant that we had to start the hair and makeup super early (around 6am). Jen was on time and was able to get us all ready on schedule. She was very flexible (she was receptive to last minute changes that I made to my look and executed them flawlessly)...additionally, her calm nature really helped to keep my nerves down as my wedding was approaching! Countless guests and even people now who see the photos keep raving about how beautiful my hair and makeup looked, how appropriate it was for my dress and the wedding venue, and how "me" it was. My look held up effortlessly throughout the wedding, reception and even the after party after much dancing and sweating. I am so happy with my experience with Bridal by Jen that I plan to continue going to her for haircuts (before the wedding I went to Jen for a hair and makeup trial and pre-wedding haircut...both were great experiences).

The last thing I will mention is the price...Bridal by Jen has very fair prices and was extremely clear and upfront about what things would cost, which I found to be very refreshing and rare in the wedding world.

Jennifer · Married on 05/17/2013

Jen provided hair and makeup services for my wedding. She was able to do seven hairstyles and three makeup applications all on her own within a very reasonable amount of time. All of us were very satisfied with the results and I personally felt fantastic on my wedding day! The pricing was very reasonable especially compared to other on location services I researched. I came in from out of town so I did not meet Jen until the day of my wedding, which was risky, but ended up being a very positive experience. Overall I found Jen very professional. I would recommend her services to anyone.

Rachel · Married on 05/12/2013

I am so happy that I found Jen to do my hair and makeup for my wedding. She was very professional, quick to reply to my e-mails, and upfront about her rates. I had a hair trial at her in-home studio in Astoria which went great, and she didn't try to push me at all to have a trial for my makeup. She listened to what I wanted and did an excellent job. On the day of my wedding she came to my hotel in Brooklyn, and was very patient with me and my 5 bridesmaids while typical wedding chaos happened all around us. Each girl asked for a different look, and she had no problem accommodating them. Everyone was happy with how their hair and/or makeup turned out. She was very aware of our timetable and never did we feel rushed. I highly recommend her!

I found styled by Jen randomly online while trying to find a makeup artist. I was instantly impressed by the price of the services. On the day of the wedding, Jen arrived and went straight to work. She even was nice enough to do my mothers makeup, after she decided the day of to have hers done. Everyone looked great and the makeup stayed on all day even though it was a rainy day. I would definitely recommend Jen to other brides.

I hired Styled by Jen for my hair and makeup for my wedding, August 17, 2012. She also did the hair for the two mothers and four bridesmaids.

Personality: Jen is a sweet, down to earth, easy going, fun and above all talented artist. She is easy to work with, accommodating and able to go with the flow.

Work: She is amazing. I used her for airbrush makeup and I tell you, it was flawless. I brought her pictures of makeup that I wanted to emulate and she did, but for me…and made me feel really beautiful. She isn’t the type to create a face…instead she brings out the natural beauty that exists within us. This is nice, because you then do not have makeup caked on that you have to chip off. I did a trial for my hair with her and decided to change the style without an additional trial. The day of the wedding, I showed her pictures of hairstyles we all wanted and she worked her magic without any trial or preparation, she had our hair looking magazine ready in no time.

I fully recommend Jen to anyone looking for hair and makeup, even if not for a wedding. Her prices are reasonable and worth every dime.

Sent on 09/19/2012

Bridal By Jen 's reply:

Thanks so much!!! So gad you were happy with your services and Congrats!!!!

Kristen · Married on 05/19/2012

Jen did hair and makeup for me and 6 other ladies for my wedding. She did a great job, worked within the time frame allotted, and was nice and friendly as well! I highly recommend spending the extra money for the hair and makeup trial, Jen will even come to your house and you can work through what is best for you and your style. I didn't feel rushed or overly made up, and I am very happy with the results. A very good experience over all! Thanks Jen :)

Sent on 10/02/2012

Bridal By Jen 's reply:

You are most welcome! Congrats!!!

Polly · Married on 02/10/2012

I could not be more pleased with the hair and make up that Jen did for my wedding day! I first met Jen for a hair and make up trial - I barely had any idea what kind of make up I wanted, besides "natural" and "not too drastic" and, well, Jen quickly offered three nuances of the same natural palette - one subdued and two more expressive ones - this made it very easy for me to decide on the best one for me. I also brought with me a picture of a hair-style I liked and Jen re-created it perfectly within just a few minutes. Since my own choice did not look good on me, Jen improvised with a playful up-do which I simply loved and which matched my style perfectly. Seeing how calm and professional Jen was, I had an absolute peace of mind that I will be very happy with my appearance on my wedding day, and that she will be a great person to have around on a stressful day as the Big day. Just like I expected, Jen was super punctual, calm, warm and friendly, she did everything with perfection (and, by the way, I asked her to work in a very tiny room, with our videographer and our photographer filming the entire time). I just couldn't be happier with what she did! I felt both pretty and comfortable on my wedding day and I received (and still continue to receive) multiple compliments on my 'gorgeous' and 'stunning' hair and make up and I owe it all to Jen. Thank you, Jen!!

Sent on 03/22/2012

Bridal By Jen 's reply:

You are most welcome Polly!!

Larissa · Married on 10/01/2011

Jen did my wedding day hair & makeup and hair for my bridal party. She was prompt, efficient, and did a fabulous job (even after my last-minute changes from what we did at the trial). I got compliments all night on how great my hair/makeup looked! I wanted a contemporary take on a 1960s-style beehive, and she delivered!

She's also an extremely good value for the area, and a genuinely nice person.

I couldn't be happier!

Libby · Married on 09/10/2011

I got married in NYC in Sept 2011. I am from Texas and found Jen via Yelp. I planned everything with her via email and she was very responsive. Since I wasn't able to do a trial session, I let her know what I wanted via email. She did an excellent job with my hair, my MOH hair and my mother's hair. We absolutely LOVED our hair and makeup! It stayed put all night. Her prices are great as well. You couldn't ask for a better stylist!

Sara · Married on 09/23/2011

Jen was amazing. We met for a trial a few months in advance, and she was incredibly responsive to my requests and concerns. She really had an idea of what I wanted and followed through. She asked for feedback and made sure I was happy. My updo turned out beautifully. I am still getting compliments on it! Jen also styled my bridesmaids and mother with loose curls and they all looked gorgeous. For both updo and loose hair, she is brilliant. Also, she met us at the wedding location which was a huge help. Plus, her energy is vibrant yet calming which I really appreciated on the high stress day of my wedding. The only reason I gave her a lower rate for professionalism was that she was a bit late, but it was raining very heavily on my wedding day and practically everyone was late so I can't really fault her! I really couldn't have picked a better stylist. She is amazing!!!

Rachel · Married on 09/03/2011

Jen was fantastic. She accommodated me and my wedding party and put together a package that suited us. She was flexible with logistics and patient with all parties involved. I enjoyed the pre-wedding session where she tried out several makeup looks and four different hairstyles. I am sure that I look beautiful in the wedding pictures primarily because of her! I would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 07/10/2012

Bridal By Jen 's reply:

Thanks Rachel!!! You looked beautiful because of YOU! I just added the polish :)

Melissa · Married on 09/21/2014

Jen styled my hair and makeup, my MOH and my mom's hair for my wedding. She had done a trial beforehand for myself and it went well and she did exactly what I asked for. On my wedding day she came to our hotel and I had changed my mind about something with my hair and did'nt have a photo of it or anything and she was on the exact same page as me and did better than what I thought it was going to be. I love my wedding look and my hair and makeup lasted ALL day and night. Jen is super professional and at ease which definitely makes you feel at ease. I would absolutely recommend her for your special day. She's fast and awesome at what she does.

Cait · Married on 06/15/2013

I TRULY loved what Jen did with my hair and makeup.  What really impressed me was that even when I changed up my mind about the hairstyle a few days before the wedding, she took my thoughts (which were a bit all over the place!) and made them into something truly beautiful.

I got many, many compliments on my hair and makeup - but more than anything, it made me feel like *myself*.  It meant so much to me that on the day of the wedding, I felt beautiful in a natural way.

Last, I really appreciated the amazing mix of professionalism, attention to detail, thoughtfulness, and sweetness Jen brought to the entire experience.  Although it's not officially listed as part of her services, she should consider including "professional calmer" to the list.

• Mary

Mary · Married on 05/04/2013

Jen was an absolute pleasure to work with. She was completely responsive, arrived on time, and managed to get all the hair done despite the craziness of a wedding morning. I would highly recommend her

Jen was extremely responsive, helpful and professional for my last minute destination NYC wedding! She even came to my apartment in the city in horrible traffic :-) She styled my hair and applied airbrush makeup and lashes that stayed put until the early morning hours! Great value and great service - highly recommend.

Katie · Married on 10/09/2011

3.5

Jen was awesome. She cranked through up dos and blowouts for 4 bridesmaids, 2 MOBs and me (bride) in a tight time crunch. We all looked beautiful and most importantly my hair staying in all night. She offers a professional service for a great value. Thanks Jen!

Thank you for your help! It was a pleasure working with you! I was concerned regarding the time that we had to get ready before pictures, however you helped us to make through my big day with all details planned in mind!