Bridal by Jen Reviews

Bridal by Jen 6
Bridal by Jen 7

JD25 · Married on 08/17/2019

Jen is amazing!

Do yourself a favor and hire Jen RIGHT NOW! She is a total professional and delight to work with!

I did a make-up trial with Jen first. Her communication was timely and responsive, and she showed up on time to the appointment with a big smile. I don't really wear makeup often and I didn't have a clear idea of what makeup look I wanted for the wedding, so Jen took the lead and I am so glad she did! I LOVED her work - she made me look beautiful, but still like myself. As a woman of color with brown skin (I'm Ethiopian) I especially appreciated that she perfectly matched the foundation to my skin tone. I hired her immediately!

When it came to the big day, Jen was so flexible and sweet - exactly the kind of person you want to hang out with on your wedding morning. I changed the getting ready time on her at least twice, which was no problem, and on top of that she ended up doing my bridal hair (without a hair trial) and she NAILED IT. I showed her a picture, she straightened my hair, curled and put in my extensions, and did the updo in no time. We were all so impressed and my hair came out really beautiful in pictures!

Also, my mom is picky about make-up because she doesn't wear it, and frankly I was most worried about my mom not liking her look. But Jen totally made my mom feel at ease and reminded her the make-up was for the pictures. Wow I have never seen my mom look so beautiful. Best part was that my picky mom also LOVED her look! Honestly one of the best decisions I made for our wedding was hiring Jen. I plan to hire her for future events when I need to get dolled up! Hire her now - you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 09/17/2019
    Bridal by Jen 8
  • Catherine

Catherine Leake · Married on 08/10/2019

Jen did my hair and makeup for my wedding along with makeup and hair for my sister and friend.

Jen was the perfect choice. She listens carefully to what you want, does an absolutely beautiful job-that lasts all day and night- and I has a lovely calm demeanor. She responds immediately to questions and arrives on time. She is funny and smart and actively elicits your feedback until she has done the PERFECT hair and makeup for you. I give her credit for making me feel the most beautiful I have ever felt. Finally her prices are right in line with others who provide these services. She was amazing in every way.

Sent on 08/22/2019

E.l. Joan · Married on 06/08/2019

Babyshower Makeup and Hair

Jen (Makeup Artist) is THE best brought her assistant Sasha (Hair Artist) to do our looks for my babyshower. With the short time given 7am to 10am to do 5 people was outstanding and they completed on time. I would definitely use Jen again in the near future. Jen you are blessed with great talent and so outgoing too. Thank you very much for responding to my short notice of needing your services.

Sent on 06/11/2019
    Bridal by Jen 9
  • Mei

Mei Louie · Married on 06/07/2019

Bridesmaids Makeup - Perfect!

Jen is amazing! I had such a great experience with her all around. I especially appreciated her quick communication, flexibility, and positive attitude. I would absolutely love to work with her again and think of her for any other makeup needs. I hired to do my makeup along with a few other bridesmaids. She did a flawless job on each of us and we all loved our look. The bride did too! She was able to go off of photos the bride provided for a natural look. My makeup lasted the entire day (I got my makeup done at 8am and the wedding was at 5pm)! So impressive. I would without a doubt suggest you hire Jen for your makeup needs!

Sent on 06/13/2019
    Bridal by Jen 10
    Bridal by Jen 11
  • Gisela

Gisela · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing work, attention to detail and quality artistry .

I loved my hair and makeup! She came to my home prepared with everything (lighting , chair, makeup, tools) and her work is phenomenal. I’m so happy with my results , she did my hair and makeup for a maternity photo session . She’s really nice and cool too that’s a plus! :) thank you Jen !!

Sent on 05/26/2019
    Bridal by Jen 12
    Bridal by Jen 13
    Bridal by Jen 14

Bridal by Jen's reply:

It was so great to work with you, Gisela! Congratulations to you and Cesar and thank you x a million for your review!
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 06/23/2018

Very satisfied!

Lover he personality and attention to details! She really cares about making you happy and figuring out exactly what look you want :)

Sent on 10/15/2018
    Bridal by Jen 15
    Bridal by Jen 16
    Bridal by Jen 17

Holly · Married on 06/15/2018

Jen has done my hair and makeup twice! Both times have been absolutely amazing! I will definitely have Jen do my hair and makeup again! ❤️

Sent on 07/18/2018

Jet · Married on 05/19/2018

I don’t typically wear makeup. I am terrible at it, and I’m too lazy to learn/practice. I’ve had my makeup professionally done in the past, but I always felt like I was wearing a mask and any level of moisture led to a streaky mess. When I thought of my wedding day, I always thought I would go without makeup because I didn’t want to look back at all of our pictures and not look like myself. Plus, who wants to keep reapplying all day when they should be enjoying the party instead?

That all changed when I attended a friend’s wedding. I was blown away by how natural she looked and how she just glowed the entire day/night! (I’m sure some of that was her husband as well.) I discovered that our mutual friend, Jen from Bridal by Jen, had been her makeup artist. When I got engaged myself, Jen was the first person who popped into my head. I thought it was going to cost me a pretty penny because she would have to travel to Oregon with all of her gear, but I was willing to pay whatever it took. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that I didn’t need to break the bank in order to look beautiful on my wedding day.

Because of the distance, I wasn’t able to do a makeup trial until the night before the wedding. Jen did my makeup for our Great Gatsby-themed rehearsal dinner, and the only thing I could say when I looked in the mirror the first time is “Wow!” I. Was. Feeling. Myself. The craziest part about it was that I didn’t even feel like I had anything on (except lashes, which were a first for me). I was able to dance and sing the night away without a single reapplication.

My makeup on the actual wedding day was flawless! In spite of the tears (of joy) and the perspiration from my super sweet dance moves, I went my entire wedding day/night without needing a single reapplication. The quality of Jen’s work is evident in all of our photos from start to finish. Thank you for helping me look like the best version of myself!

Sent on 09/10/2018
    Bridal by Jen 18
    Bridal by Jen 19

V · Married on 04/24/2018

Jen is amazing! My hair and makeup looked incredible, and translated into film really well. She was very responsive and helpful via email beforehand, and set me at ease right away even though there was a lot going on that day. Couldn't recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 04/24/2018

Kristi · Married on 04/07/2018

I hired Jen and her colleague for my wedding in La Jolla, CA. They both did such a wonderful job! Each bridesmaid wanted something a little different and Jen personalized the make-up look for each one. She is super professional, but also a blast to be around:) I would highly recommend her to any bride!!!

Sent on 04/16/2018

marisol · Married on 03/31/2018

Jen did s great job with my wedding party’s makeup. I am also a makeup artist and I’m greatful that she was flexible and willing to take direction to accomplish a particular style I was going for. Even though, I wasn’t clear on that till that morning. Everyone looked and felt great! Thank you!

Sent on 04/23/2018
    Bridal by Jen 20
    Bridal by Jen 21
    Bridal by Jen 22
    Bridal by Jen 23

Nancy · Married on 08/13/2017

Jen was so accommodating and patient with our bridal party. The thing I was most impressed with is her knowledge of makeup on every age group from the very young to our seniors. Make up lookedvery natural and complimentary to each person. I loved her work so much that I have used her services for other events. I will continue using Jen and highly recommend that everyone else does as well. You will be thrilled with your outcome.

Sent on 12/27/2017
    Bridal by Jen 24

Margie · Married on 08/13/2017

Jen is very professional and reliable. Her work is flawless. All things brides need to not worry about on the big day.

Sent on 12/27/2017

Bianca · Married on 08/12/2017

I met Jen on a recent photo shoot and i LOVED how she matched my skin tone. Her makeup didn't look off and i was not pasty looking or ghost white. So, i knew i HAD to use her for my wedding day. It was perfect. She arrived earlier than told, set up and was friendly to family and friends. I told her what I wanted and Jen delivered exactly what I desired. As cheesy as it sounds she made me feel beautiful.

Sent on 12/26/2017
    Bridal by Jen 25
    Bridal by Jen 26
    Bridal by Jen 27

Bridal by Jen's reply:

Thank you, Bianca! <3

Molly · Married on 04/21/2017

Jen came to my house to do my makeup for my summer engagement photo shoot. It was brutally hot that day but she did an amazing job giving me makeup that lasted into the night, even when I felt it was going to melt off. Her focus on enhancing natural beauty and refined simplicity gave me that effortless, beachy vibe that I was going for. Plus, Jen was as sweet and professional as they come -- while making me laugh the entire time. I would highly recommend her for bridal makeup, and I would trust her to do ANY kind of makeup! Thank you again, Bridal by Jen!

Kelly · Married on 01/06/2017

Jen was absolutely wonderful. She was on time, even though I was a little tardy, she was professional, and she made me look stunning. I definitely, without reserve, recommend using her as your makeup vendor!

Sent on 01/03/2018
    Bridal by Jen 28
    Bridal by Jen 29

Kelly · Married on 11/04/2016

Jen was AWESOME. Not only was she such a lovely person but did a great job on my makeup and the makeup of my bridesmaids. It didn't feel heavy or caked on whatsoever and lasted great through the night. I couldn't recommend her enough!

Sent on 11/28/2016

Melanie · Married on 10/08/2016

Jen is a super professional, hard working, trustworthy makeup artist! Not only does she come on time, but arrives a little bit early so she can start setting up. Makeup wise, she definitely knows what she is doing. The air spray foundation is awesome. It stays on all day and looks fantastic in photos. For the bride, she even puts on individual lashes, which looks better for close ups than a row of falsies. Book Jen for your wedding; you and your bridesmaids won't be disappointed.

Sent on 12/01/2016

Keisha · Married on 08/06/2016

Jen is amazing! I found her from a photo shoot featured in Bride Magazine as I was looking for someone who was gifted in workin with women of all skin tones and types. She did a wonderful job. She is warm, professional and an all round top notch human being. Thank you Jen for your amazing heart and talent!

Sent on 12/21/2016

Renee · Married on 05/06/2016

Jen is the only one I would trust with my makeup for my wedding day! She was amazing! I was so happy with my makeup and everything about her! She brought positive energy which I needed on my big day!! Trust Jen!

Sent on 11/26/2016

Karolynn · Married on 04/16/2016

I wish she could do my makeup every day! I wanted a nice classic look for my wedding and Jen definitely delivered. Not only did she do my makeup, but she did my two mother in laws, moh and sis in law. She expertly did each gals makeup and stuck to our timeline for the day. Great experience and would highly recommend her for her artistry and professionalism.

Sent on 11/27/2016

Joanne · Married on 02/10/2016

Meeting Jen the first day to go over options for makeup application felt like meeting a girlfriend at a makeup counter, excited to discuss lip colors and eye shadows! She was so warm and friendly from the start, and put me at ease right away. I remember meeting with Jen quite late in the game. A few days before the wedding, to be precise! Yet, she was so flexible to meet with me and at a place that worked for me, knowing that I was running around for wedding preparations. On the day of my wedding, she arrived at my hotel suite, and we laughed and talked the whole time. It truly was an engaging conversation that morning, and the one that probably lent to keeping me at ease that whole day. When the makeup application was done, I was so happy to see that I looked just like myself. Not over-done. Just a slightly more glamorous version of myself. Of course her application of the natural looking lashes gave me a wow-factor! My point is - Jen is truly an artist. Especially for a wedding day, where you aim to look your best, and still that girl that your fiancé fell in love with, she knows how to work her magic! And her lovely spirit was the icing on the cake. I told Jen to please come up to our wedding. I had already felt by then that I had known her for years. Jen will definitely bring that unique experience to each bride. Her infectious smile and radiance really inspired me that morning. Best wishes to all the brides who would be lucky enough to have her as part of their wedding day!

Sent on 12/15/2016

Megan · Married on 05/16/2015

Ive never felt so beautiful than when this dream boat of a make up artist dolled me up for my bridal shower. She has incredible energy, was so fun and nice to be around, did an impeccable job on my make up and nailed my vision x1000000. I can't say enough how fabulous she is and I've used her on multiple occasions since. She's made a lifer out of me :) She's also the first person I recommend to any and all friends because of how talented and gracious she is. Do yourself a favor and book this babe! You won't be disappointed!

Priscilla · Married on 10/25/2014

Bridal by Jen did my makeup for my wedding day. We discussed what I had in mind and she guided me to select the palate best for me, which I really appreciated. Her professionalism was on point and she was always very punctual with the most positive attitude. When she did my makeup, it wasn't just a business relationship: she calmed my nerves, made me laugh and ensured me that I'd look and feel beautiful. It felt like I was getting ready with my best friend. I highly recommend Jen's service and think she is extremely talented. Get it, girl!