Brick & Mortar Events Reviews

Brick & Mortar Events 5
Brick & Mortar Events 6
Brick & Mortar Events 7

Georgia and Vince Immordino · Getting married on 09/10/2020

Great food beautiful venue wonderful people to work with

Everyone loved the food and the venue itself. It was so beautiful like a fairy tale wedding!!

Sent on 10/21/2019

Brick & Mortar Events's reply:

Thank you Georgia & Vince! You were both a joy to work with and we wish much happiness!
    Jerry & Bernadette Gubitosi

Rebecca Moschler · Married on 09/21/2019

Outstanding wedding all-inclusive wedding invite

Brick and Mortar was the best decision we made in planning our wedding. The venue had all of the commodoities we could have asked for! The venue is beautiful and well taken cared for, we loved the staff and their services. I can't get them enough praise!

Sent on 10/21/2019
  • amanda

amanda · Married on 09/01/2019

a WOW venue

There is not enough room to type how I feel about this venue. Simply amazing!! The owners, Jerry and Bernadette, are such a lovely and caring couple. They made this process SO easy and helped make the day go without a hitch. They are very prompt with getting back to you and flexible with your needs and desires. The services they offer make this venue very convenient. Also, the food, was very good. This venue is very cute on the inside and in a nice location. Very reasonably priced!!
    Thank you again guys for helping make out day AMAZING.

Sent on 09/26/2019
    Brick & Mortar Events 8
    Brick & Mortar Events 9
    Brick & Mortar Events 10
    Brick & Mortar Events 11

Amanda & Gregory
    It was our pleasure catering your wedding! You were both so easy to work! We wish you both many, many years of happiness. Hope to see you both again soon.
    Jerry & Bernadette Gubitosi
  • Stacy

Stacy Ruse · Married on 08/17/2019

Beautiful Venue and Amazing Staff

The venue is mostly decorated already, so for someone who likes to keep things simple, this is a huge plus! The venue price included set up/break down/clean up. The food is amazing, and the staff is fantastic. Everyone kept commenting on how beautiful of a place it was. AND! it's a great price. They made my life so much easier.

Sent on 10/08/2019

Brick & Mortar Events's reply:

Thank you Stacey! We wish you both the best!!
    Sincerely
    Jerry & Bernadette
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 07/20/2019

Still Blown Away

It's been over ten days since we said our vows at Brick and Mortar and we're still going on and on about how absolutely fantastic it was. Jerry and Bernadette are the easiest people in the entire world to work with and we were absolutely amazed by every little detail of the venue. From their own catering (of absolutely breathtaking food) to the "scenes from an italian restaurant" feel, I can't begin to recommend this place enough. The value was EXCEPTIONAL and all of our guests walked away just as blown away as we were. I also want to add that the bartender was FANTASTIC and kept the party going and everyone entertained. I'm so thrilled with the way everything went from getting ready in the bridal suite to the ceremony to the flip to reception that I could go on and on about it. It was absolutely beautiful, economical, and practical. Everyone was overjoyed, especially me and my husband. I honestly hope we have another excuse to throw another event here as well. Anniversary maybe? :)

Sent on 07/31/2019

Brick & Mortar Events's reply:

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host your wedding. You guys were a pleasure to work with! We wish you both many years of happiness!
    Jerry, Bernadette @ bartender Larry!

• Christopher

Christopher Lawrence · Married on 05/04/2019

Strongly Recommend!

My wife and I recently wed at Brick & Mortar. We were interested because they were one of the few local venues that also did their own catering. This made things so much easier for planning and helped us save on the overhead we'd have from going with two separate vendors.

From our first meeting through the day of, Bernadette and Jerry were an absolute pleasure to work with. After we met the first time, my wife and I knew we wanted to work with them. They were extremely accommodating for all pre-event coordination, the rehearsal and preparations the day of.

The food was delicious, the venue was lovely, the staff was excellent and everyone had a great time. We couldn't have asked for anything more!

Sent on 08/04/2019
  • Melanie

Melanie · Married on 04/20/2019

Love the Venue!

The venue was fantastic! Didn’t need a whole lot of decoration, due to the already available character. The owners where lovely to work with, and always responded quickly to the emails, & the food was amazing.

Sent on 05/16/2019
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Tedder · Married on 03/16/2019

Just as I had pictured!

I can't say enough good things about our wedding at Brick and Mortar last night! The building is beautiful to start, everyone was raving about the food, and the staff was very friendly and professional. I am so glad we chose this as our venue for both the ceremony and reception. Jerry and Bernadette are just awesome to work with. Our date had to change and they worked with us every step of the way. Thank you is not enough to say for how special they helped make our big day!

Sent on 03/17/2019
    Brick & Mortar Events 12

Rebecca & Tony,
    It was our pleasure to cater your wedding this past weekend. You’re both very special and we wish you many years of happiness!
    Jerry & Bernadette

Jessica Alexander · Married on 03/02/2019

Best. Wedding. Ever.

Best. Wedding. Ever.
    I cannot belief the level of professionalism, but personal touch I had throughout my entire wedding process here! Bernadette and Jerry are the sweetest and most generous team I've met and I could not have asked for a better wedding venue. It was beyond beautiful and they let me take over the venue for the whole day so we could decorate and get ready. They answered every question and did not ever let me know if they ran into any problems. They got it done. Every guest raved about the food cause Jerry makes a mean chicken savoy! I am so happy to have worked with them!

Sent on 04/01/2019
    Brick & Mortar Events 18
  • Mackenzie

Mackenzie · Married on 11/10/2018

Such a Special Venue!

Bernadette & Jerry are wonderful!! They listen to what you are envisioning for your special day and they make sure it will happen and everything will run smoothly! They are the complete package! The food is beyond amazing, everyone is still raving over it! Their bartenders are fun and know how to keep the drinks flowing, not once did we see long lines of people waiting for a drink. The space they have is amazing and we love the upstairs and that you can see downstairs as well! The Bridal Suite is great to get ready in! We will absolutely be recommending them to everyone we know for any event they may be planning!

Sent on 01/09/2019
    Brick & Mortar Events 26
    Brick & Mortar Events 27
    Brick & Mortar Events 28

Mackenzie & Chris,

Thank you so much for your great review. We wish you both the best. You are such a special couple and we thoroughly enjoyed being a part of your beautiful wedding!

Morgan Cheek · Married on 10/27/2018

Amazing Venue and Staff

I have been a part of two weddings at brick and mortar within the last year and both experiences have been phenomenal. the owners and staff are so kind and attentive to everyone's needs. their prices and food are outstanding! absolutely recommend 150%!

Sent on 10/28/2018

Caroline Hester · Married on 10/13/2018

Awesome Experience!!

Geri and Bernadette are amazing to work with. Both the venue and food are fabulous. Wait staff were very attentive, responsive and kept the tables serviced well! Our experience was superb!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Brick & Mortar Events's reply:

Thank you so much for the great review. You have a beautiful family and wish them the best! You were all a pleasure to work with as well!

Sally · Married on 09/29/2018

I cannot say enough great things about Brick and Mortar Events! We had the pleasure of working with Jerry and Bernadette at Brick and Mortar for our wedding ceremony and reception. They offered up a turn key style event and everything was such a smooth process. The staff was very helpful and professional! All of our guests fell in love instantly with the venue. The venue features exposed brick walls and a 30 fit ceiling with a balcony that wraps around on the 2nd floor. The space very open and accommodated out 100+ guests nicely. It didn’t feel crowded or cramped. Plus a huge bonus for me was only seating 8 people per table. Most wedding venues try to push 10 people to a table which can make your guest feel cramped and stuffy. As for the food, it was amazing! Jerry and Bernadette offer a free food tasting and are able to go with any style you’d like. We chose Italian food, who doesn’t love pasta?! It was a hit! Everyone commented about the big portion sizes and the flavor was so wonderful. I am so happy we chose Brick and Mortar Events for our special night. The whole evening flowed nicely and there were no hiccups, which is refreshing on such an important occasion. Thank you guys! I can’t wait to come back for another event!!

Sent on 10/14/2018
    Brick & Mortar Events 29
    Brick & Mortar Events 30
    Brick & Mortar Events 31
    Brick & Mortar Events 32

Brick & Mortar Events's reply:

Thank you Sally & Aaron! We wish you both many years of happiness!!
  • Kyle

Kyle · Married on 09/08/2018

Perfection

The owners are very professional and are flexible to meet at anytime. I knew all my wedding day worries would be taken care of. It was perfect.

Sent on 12/06/2018
  • F

felicia R · Married on 11/04/2017

experience

Great from the start....The owners were very hands on and were instrumental in my vision for our wedding.….

Sent on 07/12/2019

Daria · Married on 10/13/2017

Stress-Free, Unforgettable Event

I cannot say enough good things about Brick & Mortar. I had my wedding there last October, and Jerry, Bernadette, Nicole, and the whole crew made the day absolutely perfect. I wasn't big on the idea of having a big wedding (we ended up with about 100 people), because I didn't want it to be a stressful experience. The Brick & Mortar staff could not have made the experience any more easy/enjoyable. Food, booze, DJ, ceremony, decorations & centerpieces- you name it, they had it covered. Did I mention how GORGEOUS this venue is? I could go on and on about the joys of working with this family, and the amazing events they turn out. Highly, highly recommend!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Pete & Daria,

Thank you for the amazing review! Wishing you all the best! The family is beautiful!
  • User6202418 · 2+ years ago

Bernadette and Jerry have been most helpful and accommodating thus far!! We are looking forward to working with them to create the perfect wedding for us. The venue is beautiful and there are many catering options available.

Sent on 01/21/2016

Amber · Married on 03/05/2017

My husband and I had both our wedding and reception at Brick & Mortar in 2017. We had the most wonderful experience and special day with family and friends. We highly recommend the Brick & Mortar to anyone!!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Brandi · Married on 10/08/2016

Brick and Mortar is family owned and opporated. They have always provided me and my family with excellent service.
    Their venue is very spacious (two stories; so it's very comfortable for dining and dancing) rustic looking but easily transformable to any theme you desire, huge gorgeous iron chandeliers and railing, a bridal suite upstairs (a bed, bathroom, bath/shower included) and they cater AUTHENTIC Italian food, and yes, I have been to Italy!

I had my wedding reception at Brick and Mortar DURING hurricane Matthew (10/08/16), one of the only places in Clayton that didn't flood or loose power! Mr. Jerry and Mrs. Burnadette were kind enough to allow me to recreate apart of my wedding reception as a surprise to my husband on our anniversary. It made for a very special and memorable experience!

If you're looking for a place to host your company Christmas party, family reunion, wedding reception, or any other important event, Brick and Mortar is THE perfect place!

Sent on 10/11/2018

Brandi & Blaine
    Thank your for your review and taking the time to leave it! With a new beautiful baby boy we know how limited time is! You guys are a special couple and we wish you the best!

Melissa · Married on 10/03/2015

Highly recommend

Oh my gosh! My daughter decided to get married 8 months ago. The first thing we chose was the venue. From the minute we walked through the door we were pretty sure the brick and mortar was it. Then Jerry and Bernadette introduced themselves and we knew (within 5 minutes) this was it! They are the kindest, most accommodating people we had met. Every little detail was taken care of. We had the ceremony at the venue...the bridal suite was so nice and cozy. It was wonderful to have a place to get all of the girls’ hair and make up done and get ready. The food was AMAZING! All of our guests commented how good it was. The staff went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed from start to finish. They made our daughters wedding planning stress free! We HIGHLY recommend brick and mortar!!
    Thank you Jerry, Bernadette and all of your staff for making my daughters wedding day perfect!
    Tim and Melissa Shreckengost

Sent on 10/28/2018

Anna · Married on 06/28/2014

My husband and I had our rehearsal dinner here at Brick & Mortar in downtown Clayton, NC. The venue was so pretty, it was housed in a beautifully renovated 100 year old industrial space with exposed brick walls and 30 foot ceilings. There were large grape vine chandeliers and hanging ” Thomas Edison ” lighting that created a warm urban chic atmosphere.

Brick & Mortar is a family owned business and they were very easy to work with. They did an amazing job catering our rehearsal dinner and had a HUGE selection of food (all very very good) to choose from. We had pasta and it was amazing!

We would definitely recommend this venue to others and we just may be using them again in the future!

Sent on 11/25/2014

Melissa · Married on 04/22/2017

Words cannot describe what a wonderful venue Brick and Mortar Events is. We recently booked the venue for our wedding ceremony and reception and it could not have gone more perfectly! Jerry and Bernadette were so great and easy to get in touch with the entire process. They made sure that the entire day went as smoothly as possible! From the ceremony rehersal to setting up for the reception it was all so easy, not to mention how amazing the food was! Our day was truly a dream come true! I would highly recommend Brick and Mortar Events for any upcoming event you may have. You will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 06/17/2018