Brick Landing Plantation Reviews

8 | Ocean Isle Beach, NC

8 Reviews for Brick Landing Plantation

Susan · Married on 05/25/2014

We were married at Brick Landing Plantation over Memorial Day Weekend and had the best experience!!! Our destination wedding was so perfect and Sue and the entire staff made sure that everything that we could want or ask for was taken care of. The location is absolutely beautiful (you have to see it-gorgeous) and the food was outstanding(some of the best I have ever had and definitely the best I have ever had at a wedding). Our friends and family, who traveled from all over the country to share this day with us, can not stop talking about how beautiful the place was, how great the food was and how unbelievable Sue was in making sure that everything was perfect!!

Sent on 06/09/2014

Alessandra · Married on 10/07/2017

We thoroughly enjoyed our wedding at Brick Landing in October 2017. My husband and I had been planning our wedding at Brick Landing for about a year and a half. We originally picked the location because of the intracoastal waterway views and because it was one of the few full-service venues in Ocean Isle Beach that could host our 110-person guest list. Lily (the venue coordinator) was diligent and prompt in answering all my questions (and believe me, I had a lot!). She also worked to make some important upgrades happen while we were planning, including new flooring in the ballroom, an improved seating chart/layout software, an online client tool for planning, new patio furniture, exterior improvements, etc. – these things really added to our experience, the guest experience, and Brick Landing as a venue overall. On the day of – the unthinkable happened – it rained right before I was supposed to walk down the aisle!! Lily and Brick Landing staff quickly gathered guests with umbrellas, got the Grandmas out of the rain in golf carts, and opened the bar while we waited out the rain to have our perfect outdoor ceremony. It made my worries about our guests being inconvenienced go away! We were also one of the first weddings to partner with ART Catering and we were so pleased. The staff were professional, they had excellent food options (the tuna carving station was a definite hit!), and kept everything running on time despite our 1-hr rain delay. Then the dance party started! Overall, our day was everything we dreamed of. The setting was beautiful, the staff were great, the food was excellent. I couldn’t give a better review! We loved our wedding at Brick Landing!

Sent on 11/28/2017

Alessa,
    Thank you for your glowing review. We were so honored to have been a part of this monumental day in your relationship, and we are so glad to hear that you and your guests were fully accommodated, despite our chance with Mother Nature! We wish you the all the best! - Management & Staff

Beautiful views and absolutely out of this world food!

Sent on 01/22/2014
  • Alicia

Alicia · Married on 05/25/2019

Good but not Great

We had our wedding reception here in May. Staff is super friendly and it is a beautiful space but beware it was SO HOT inside the reception space and they could not/would not cool it down. They claimed it's because someone left the door open to the porch, but it remained close to 80 degrees inside the entire night. Eventually we were so fed up we had them bring a fan out and plug it in facing the dance floor. Yikes. They could also use a lesson in setting the mood, we had to ask them to dim the lights during dancing.

Sent on 06/17/2019

Brick Landing Plantation's reply:

Alicia - Thank you for your feedback and honest review. We are sorry that we were not able to cool the building down as much as we would have liked to. That week in May was one of our hottest weeks on record for the month of May with heat indexes in the low 100's, daily temps in the mid to high 90's. We always to try make every brides day the best as it can be and we are sorry that we could not fix this for you. Best wishes on your wonderful journey, as you build your new lives together!

Brick Landing Management & Staff

4.2
      2.5

Overall, Brick Landing was a great location to get married. The venue has stunning views of the water and is very accommodating for weddings of less than 150 guests. The chef, Melissa, is AMAZING. She prepared some of the best food I have ever eaten! They also have a house that you can rent if you have a large bridal party (I had 10 girls) that is less than a mile from the venue. It was so convenient as a hide-away for us before the wedding considering the bridal suite was too small for us.

We were frustrated at times due to having four different event planners and two managers in the 15 months that we were engaged. We often did not receive the information that the event planners had left until we found out on our own and asked about it. However, the manager that was in charge at the time has now gone to another facility and the new manager did very well.

Even though we had many planners, they each contributed to making our wedding day special. Lily, our final event planner and who had only been with the venue 5 days before our wedding, did a great job. She and the staff were very accommodating to what we had been promised by former staff members. She was also extremely attentive during the days prior to the wedding (even though she had an event the night before our wedding). I felt very well taken care of the week of and the day of the wedding. This is a great location if you want the feel of the beach without the sand! With Lily, Melissa, and the new staff in place, I would book Brick Landing as my wedding venue again.

Sent on 08/21/2016

Brick Landing Plantation's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. We enjoyed hosting your wedding, and are thrilled that you had such a wonderful experience!

Tina · Married on 09/20/2014

3.0

Sue at Brick Landing was really wonderful to work with. The venue was absolutely beautiful, with a breath taking backdrop of water. The chef onsite made incredible food that was super gourmet. Great value for money.

Sent on 09/30/2014

1.5
      2.0

While the room and view are stunning, Brick Landing is terrible for a wedding venue. We had 4 different wedding coordinators throughout the year we planned and each person promised us something different. The week of the wedding we were told we would have all sorts of specific things including a bar outside as well as in the cocktail room. Our guests ended up at the bar in the dining area and we had friends serving wine in the other room! When we got to the venue at 4:00 (reception started at 5) there was not a single table set. My aunt and the DJ were upstairs setting up. The gentleman that was supposed to oversee everything was no where to be found even though a few days earlier he said he would take care of everything. The saving grace was the chef Melissa. Not only is her food out of this world but she organized everything and made the day great. If I had to do it again I NEVER would have booked there! A brides worst fear is basically everything that we went through.

Sent on 09/23/2015

Brick Landing Plantation's reply:

We take feedback very seriously at Brick Landing, and appreciate an honest reflection. We, too, recognized the stresses that were described here, and have implemented new staff and organizational procedures to ensure that our events run smoothly and to the satisfaction of our guests.