Briar Barn Inn Reviews

13 | Rowley, MA

13 Reviews for Briar Barn Inn

Courtney O. · Getting married on 12/10/2021

Rescheduled COVID Wedding!

After getting engaged in the fall of 2018, my husband and I planned a wedding for December 2020 - a long engagement! By the spring of 2020 it was clear that our winter wedding with 200 guests was becoming less and less likely by the day unless we moved the date out significantly.

After a lot of discussion (and heartache), we decided to cancel the December wedding and discuss alternative options. My mother had met with Melissa (CEO) at the Briar Barn Inn a few times about potential bridal shower dates and even though the shower never worked out, we were drawn to everything about The Grove and decided to check it out from a wedding perspective.

In September my husband and I visited and immediately fell in love with everything about it. After touring the event area options and the inn, we committed to a micro wedding, scheduled six weeks later. With COVID restrictions, we were well aware going into it of everything we couldn't do, but Melissa focused on nothing but the positive, including all of their plans to help keep us and our guests safe.

Things moved quickly from there - and Melissa, Monique, and Kelsey could not have been more helpful throughout the whole process. Their online planning tool was very easy to use and we could continuously go back to make changes as needed. Every last minute request, concern, or question was answered without hesitation, leaving us all at ease.

The wedding day itself was more than perfect. The food was amazing (compliments from EVERY guest) and out of town guests loved the inn. The décor, the lighting, and all the little details were fantastic and made for such a great environment. The day-of staff were so welcoming and made the whole event flow without a single issue. We cannot thank the Briar Barn/Bramble staff enough for hosting the most perfect day!

Sent on 01/26/2021
  • Terrell

Terrell · Married on 01/20/2021

Wedding wonderland!

They made our wedding super special. I loved everything about this place. The service and people are amazing!

Sent on 01/26/2021
  • Brooke

Brooke B. · Married on 12/04/2020

Beautiful accommodation, awesome staff - great food

We were married at the sister property, the willowdale estate! Everyone from the wedding stayed at the Briar Barn Inn - but we also had our next day wedding brunch there, as well as my bridal shower. Beginning to end, the staff was easy to work with, professional, organized, and kind. The Grove restaurant is phenomenal, and we love how each room had a deep soaking bathtub and a fireplace. Our guests all mentioned they planned on coming back to the hotel for a staycation (we were mostly local). Beautiful property, for a wedding it simply a relaxing getaway.

Sent on 12/05/2020
  • Sarah

Sarah C. · Married on 10/17/2020

Fantastic! Belinda is amazing- would recommend 10/10 times

Toured the venue with a Belinda, who was 10000/10 fantastic. She answered all our questions without hesitation, and was so knowledgable. She had so many great ideas that I would have never thought of, and she genuinely wants to make your experience perfect and exactly as you imagined.

Sent on 11/07/2019
  • F

Fallon L. · Married on 08/29/2020

The best wedding venue!

Briar Barn Inn was an absolute dream to work with for our wedding. Planning a wedding is stressful enough but planning a wedding during a pandemic makes everything that much more difficult. However Briar Barn Inn did absolutely everything for us and did not add anymore pressure. They ensured us our wedding would be everything we have imagined, and they absolutely delivered on that promise. My husband and I could not be more thankful for the entire Briar Barn Inn team, especially Monique and Kelsey! While accommodations had to to be made to comply with the changes 2020 has brought the wedding industry, Briar Barn Inn made sure our wedding was perfect and safe! My husband and I would highly recommend this venue to anyone and we will most definitely be back there to spend a long weekend at their Inn and enjoy their delicious food! 10/10 experience!

Sent on 09/06/2020

Diana · Married on 08/22/2020

Casual elegance & fabulous food!

EXQUISITE - My husband and I had a small wedding at the Briar Barn in the summer of 2020. Everything was magnificent and magical! This venue was truly quintessential rustic modern New England elegance. The outdoor area (which we used for the ceremony, the cocktail hour, and late night bites under the twinkle lights), the indoor Grove restaurant, and the Inn were a unique and wonderful combination. Although there were other guests staying at the Inn that weekend, we still felt like we had our own private compound. The Briar Barn Inn team was professional, organized, responsive, and provided all service with a smile...behind masks, of course! As for the food, it was AMAZING! Our favorite appetizer was the chorizo stuffed dates with bacon and piquillo pepper. The corn chowder shooter served with the salad course was delicious. The chef prepared a scrumptious lobster bisque and lobster scampi for my father, who for that moment in time was able to forget that he was on a special diet! As for our other guests, they are still raving about the outstanding filet mignon! The Briar Barn Inn staff created the most beautiful dessert display with their cookies and ice cream along with items we purchased from Frederick’s Pastries and The Painted Pastry. The venue’s staff even packed up the extra desserts in boxes for guests to take home! Our overnight guests enjoyed a lovely relaxed breakfast at the Grove the morning after the wedding. (Be sure to tell the kids to order the pancakes and watch their eyes grow wide when their breakfast is delivered!) If you’re still looking for the perfect venue for your own wedding or another event, such as my husband planning for a post-pandemic anniversary party, be sure to take a tour of the Briar Barn Inn. I know you and your guests will love it as much as we did. Enjoy every moment!!!

Sent on 12/28/2020

Daniel C. · Married on 02/28/2020

Beautiful place for a wedding

Recently married here and the venue and employees were all amazing. Jennie helped us make sure everything was perfect and stress free on our wedding day!

Sent on 03/02/2020

Jeff H. · Married on 01/11/2020

Day of The Dead Wedding

The team at Briar Barn Inn flawlessly executed exactly what we wanted for our wedding. The entire staff was friendly and accommodating and we cannot recommend them enough. The food was delicious, and our guests are still texting us about it. We were able to work within safety guidelines and provide a much needed night of "normalcy" for our guests in an otherwise crazy year.

Sent on 12/22/2020

Rachel · Married on 01/04/2020

Wedding venue/ weekend getaway

My fiancé and I booked briar barn as our wedding venue sight unseen. We saw Briar Barn’s website online and fell in love with the designs they had created. Most people would think we are crazy to book a wedding venue without seeing it but we just knew that nothing was going to top Briar Barn and boy were we right!

When the Inn opened up we decided to book a room and stay so we could get a feel for what our big day would be like. Upon arrival at the inn we were greeted by a team of women who were welcoming and cheery, it made us feel so special. They were organized and gave great recommendations for things to do and places to eat in the area. Our room was STUNNING, every little detail in the room from the floor to the ceiling. The Inn gives off a modern, rustic, New England feel that we just fell in love with. We stayed in a room that had a loft with this beautiful dark brown tufted leather couch. My fiancé wished he could take the couch home with us because he loved it so much!

During our stay we bumped into Briar who is the owner of the inn, she introduced herself to us and asked us how our stay was going. I told her we decided to stay for a weekend because we booked our wedding for next year. When I told her about our wedding she gave us amazing recommendations for restaurants and ideas for decorating.which made our stay feel even more special than it already was.
    If you are looking for a relaxing getaway in a great location, or looking to plan a wedding we HIGHLY suggest Briar Barn Inn. The team is absolutely amazing and the venue is out of this world.

To Briar and her phenomenal team- thank you for making our weekend so special and thank you for guiding us through the planning process for our wedding! We are so grateful.

-Rachel.

Sent on 01/22/2019
  • Elicia

Elicia T. · Married on 12/07/2019

Venue of my dreams!

If you are looking for a rustic, intimate, and charming venue I cannot recommend Briar Barn Inn enough. From the fireplace, to the bridal suites, and all of the rustic beauty, this venue was everything I had dreamed of for my big day. My favorite part was having the gorgeous inn right on the side of the venue for easy access for my guests staying the night. My guests had an amazing evening, and I couldn't be happier with my experience.

Sent on 01/06/2020

Caitlin · Married on 10/05/2019

Perfect wedding day

The Briar Barn was worth every penny. The venue itself is beautiful and is the perfect setting for a wedding of 80-100 people, which was exactly what we were looking for. The food was AMAZING, all of our guests cannot stop saying how great it was. It was so great to have the events team to send any random questions to leading up to the wedding day. We had Jennie as our day-of coordinator, which was another huge plus of the venue. Jennie made sure that everything kept moving along as planned on the day of and handled all of the set up of our décor, confirmed times with vendors, etc. Our wedding day was around 58-60 degrees, but they put out heaters so we were still able to have an outdoor ceremony and an indoor/outdoor cocktail hour. Can't say enough about this place, we will be back to Grove to very soon to enjoy the 'barn' and the food again very soon :)

Sent on 10/25/2019

Sophia · Married on 09/28/2019

Incredible

Briar Barn Inn was an absolute dream to work with. My wedding day was beautiful and the support I felt from the venue staff was like nothing I could have expected. Other small mistakes vendors made, our wedding coordinator personally tried to fix to accommodate my needs. She helped keep the wedding as stress free as possible.

Sent on 10/16/2019

Martin · Married on 03/16/2019

Perfect!!!!

We are so grateful that we were Briar Barn’s FIRST WEDDING EVER! We were married at Briar Barn on 03/16/19 and everything was beyond perfect and beautiful! Our assigned wedding coordinator, Courtney went above and beyond to ensure we had everything we needed leading up to our big day. She is the BEST. The day of our wedding/our ceremony and reception were seamless. Courtney and the staff at the Briar Barn handled everything- The only things we had to do were 1. get married and 2. have fun!! And that we did!! We had 75 guests and the venue was the perfect, intimate setting. We spent the entire night spending time with our closest friends/family and dancing on the spacious dance floor. Our guests raved about the beauty of the place as well as the food and those cookies!! Many guests came up to us and said “we have never been to a wedding as intimate, personalized, beautiful, and laid back as this!” Many guests said it was their favorite wedding that they have ever been to. Thank you to the Briar Barn for creating an environment that supported our vision of our big day. It was everything we wanted and more! We are happy to be part of this venues beginning because it is going to become THE wedding venue of the north shore! Our day was perfect and we cannot thank the staff at the Briar Barn enough!
    Bianca & Martin