Bret Thompsett Photography Reviews

Bret Thompsett Photography 7
  • Danica

Danica · Married on 05/19/2019

Sunset Beach Elopement

Bret was amazing! He arrived early allowing us to chat for a bit before the ceremony. He was fun and easy to talk to. Bret made us feel comfortable and had great ideas that we would not have thought of. For two people that aren't very photogenic we looked amazing! He captured our happiness and love for each other and we couldn't be more pleased.
    I highly recommend Bret for any occasion!

Sent on 09/26/2019
  • Sam

Sam Wordley · Married on 01/03/2019

amazing wedding photographer...

Brett went above the call of duty to make our day extra special, the photos were absolutely amazing I can't recommend him enough....

Sent on 02/26/2019

Melissa · Married on 12/12/2018

Our Elopement ❤️

We travelled across the globe from England to elope in Hawaii, we arranged everything online.

Brett was our photographer and the first person to greet us on our wedding day. Brett instantly made us feel very welcomed, relaxed and comfortable. This made us feel at ease straight away.

Brett took the time to chat to us and really got to know who we are as a couple in the short period of time we had, expressing this through our photos, creating the most incredibly stunning wedding photos! Really catching our emotions, the special glances between my husband and I, the laughter, the kiss, Brett has created our incredible wedding memories and captured our story beautifully via his photos.

Brett really worked with the stunning scenery and I can honestly say we love every single shot taken by Brett he is very creative and we have a wonderful range of photos.

I could not recommend Brett enough, his work is outstanding, also he’s a top man who made our wedding day such a special experience! Thank you Brett! Get booked with him everyone, no need to look any further.

Sent on 02/25/2019
    Bret Thompsett Photography 8
    Bret Thompsett Photography 9
    Bret Thompsett Photography 10
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 11/05/2018

Everything we hoped it would be!

Hubby and I decided to elope on holiday to Hawaii and only had around three months to organise the day. I found Bret on instagram after researching Kawela Bay for our ceremony. I asked lots of questions and he always happily answered them with lots of great info provided. Brett knew Kawela Bay well and where the best spots were for lighting and photos. He made us feel very relaxed and took some absolutly stunning photos after spending two hours with us. We booked him directly and used Weddings of Hawaii for the celebrant and videographer of which he worked with closely on the day and everything worked out perfectly. Bret is such a professional and we were blown away with the 300odd images he provided us with within two weeks in time for our party back home. I would not hesitate in recommending him, he was very well priced and we were 100% happy with our lovely photos!

Sent on 12/02/2018
  • Donna

Donna Durrer · Married on 10/18/2018

Absolutely excellent!

Bret was our photographer as part of our wedding package with Married with Aloha. He captured our wedding ceremony beautifully and we were comfortable with him from the start. His quality of work was absolutely stunning, we love our photos and he captured everything! I highly recommend Bret and his services!

Sent on 02/26/2019

Marianna · Married on 09/08/2018

We got married on September 8th and Bret was amazing to have as a photographer! Would definitely recommend him for anyone getting married in Honolulu!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Kelly · Married on 08/04/2018

So good we’ve hired him 2x!

Bret did a phenomenal job with our wedding photos. When looking for a photographer online, his ability to use the light to create truly beautiful pics caught my eye. He turned out to be affordable and very communicative, so we hired him to capture our sunrise beach wedding.

He suggested and set up a first look as I walked down the aisle since our ceremony was just family on the beach and super chill. The photos he got of this moment are my absolute favorites and mean the world to us now (and to think we only did the first look because he suggested it and set it up!) He did a great job herding our family for some staged shots and made great use of the location’s scenery (beach, walkway, forrest area) so it appears we were in more locations than we actually were.

He sent a few first pics so we could share with our friends and family back on the mainland right away and delivered the insanely beautiful pics online and on a USB a couple weeks later. He took his time to photoshop out imperfections (like buoyes in the ocean) but also sent the final images super fast!

As an international event and wedding planner myself, I have high expectations for vendors and Bret is absolutely one of the best!

We liked working with him so much and we’re so impressed with his work, we hired him again for a maternity photo shoot. We let him pick the time and location so he could have creative control. We’ve seen the first few shots and can not wait for the final batch :)

Hire him now! You won’t regret it!!

Sent on 02/27/2019

Stephanie · event on 03/26/2018

Bret was fantastic! From the moment I contacted him, to the time we received our photos, he was professional and courteous. I believe our photo shoot was scheduled within 2 weeks of my initial contact and we had our photos within 2 weeks after that. Bret made us feel comfortable during the shoot and really captured the essence of our family. We really enjoyed our time with him! We will definitely be contacting him with our photography needs in the future and I highly recommend him.

Sent on 04/08/2018

Ruchi · Married on 11/29/2017

Amazing!! We loved working with Bret.

Sent on 12/14/2017
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 11/19/2017

When I started planning my destination wedding in Honolulu I was extremely nervous about finding a wonderful photographer that was still in my budget. I started googling photographers in Honolulu when I came across Bret’s website. I immediately loved his pictures. The scenery was beautiful, and the photos looked so natural. Candid photos have always been my favorite and all of his photos seemed un-posed and beautiful. He only had a few reviews, all of which were positive, so I decided to email him and see if I could learn more.

Bret is incredibly easy, and fun to work with. From the moment we began emailing I could tell he was super laid back, and also very flexible on his prices. He worked with my budget and set up his services to fit my price range.

Nearly a year after I contacted him, my now husband and I got to spend the evening with Bret capturing some amazing moments. We got our photos back today, and I cannot fully explain how wonderful they are! Bret was so organized the day of and had already searched the hotel for the best areas for pictures, he even took us out to the beach and got sunset photos of my husband and I, which I wasn’t expecting. They turned out stunning!

Most importantly Bret was so fun to work with! Taking pictures was so fun and carefree. He laughed and joked with us the whole time, and by the end of the night it seemed like we had known him for years. I cannot say enough positive things about Bret. He got to our venue before he was supposed to, and left well after what our contract had stated. I would recommend Bret for any occasion, and especially your wedding. The photos he took for us will forever remind us of the happiest day of our lives.

Don’t be nervous about him not having hundreds of reviews, because he will definitely be there in no time. Let his photos speak for themselves! Thanks so much Bret, you rock!

XOXO Katie and Jake

Sent on 12/13/2017

Lisa · Married on 10/14/2017

Bret is an amazing photographer I absolutely love my wedding photos and her so many comments about how amazing they are. I was so nervous coming from Australia not knowing anyone but he made us feel comfortable and everything was so easy. I would use bret again in a heart beat he really captured our special day

Abby · Married on 10/06/2017

Brett was amazing he made our wedding day even more special we were relaxed and had such a fun time. our pictures are just beautiful !! More than we expected Thank you so so much again!! Abby & Luke

Bret Thompsett Photography 11
    Bret Thompsett Photography 12

Jeff · Married on 07/01/2017

I've worked with Bret Thompsett on several occasions, and I could not have asked for a more professional and creative photographer. As co-owner of Kekoa Collective, a lifestyle apparel brand based out of Honolulu, Hawaii, I can say that Bret has been an integral component of our creative team, and his original photography and work tells our brand story to the public.

I would highly recommend Bret for any photography needs, ranging from studio photos, weddings, sports photography, and even to underwater photography and artistic projects. Please check out just a small sample of the work he's done for our brand.

Thank you so much for your help, Bret!

Jeff H.

Bret Thompsett Photography 17
    Bret Thompsett Photography 18
    Bret Thompsett Photography 19

AJ · Married on 05/11/2017

We love the photos done by Bret! He is a talented professional photographer and would use his services again or would refer to friends.

Did · Married on 12/14/2016

My husband, Sean, and I are so happy with our choice to have Bret and his team photograph our wedding ceremony this past December. It seemed that Bret was everywhere during our ceremony, always snapping pictures, but at the same time he was neither intrusive nor pushy about getting a shot. He and his crew were really fun to work with. The team has great energy and very professional. It was clear that Bret had familiarized himself with the venue - Kawela Bay in Oahu - and knew how to get the best shots. He was very in tune with the environment and dramatic lighting. The moments he captured are absolutely stunning. Absolutely stunning!!!. The photographs are so dreamy and romantic. We wouldn’t recommend anyone else to capture your special day!

Sent on 01/04/2017

Katherine · Married on 02/12/2016

I highly recommend working with Bret, he very professional while also very easy to work with and allows for creative input. He has a good eye of what will work best for the environment and you specifically. He keeps the mood and energy fun and relaxed. From start to finish working with Bret is positive with good communication, input and timeliness. Look forward working with Bret on something again, photographers don't get better than this.

Sent on 10/03/2016

Very talented and personable. Was professional at all stages of the shoot. His suggestions and ideas for some of the photos are things we would never have thought of - very creative but at the same time knows exactly how to capture the magic of our special day.

Sent on 10/01/2016

Dewey · Married on 11/05/2017

It's very rare that you have a photographer that understand your brand DNA and have the creative ideas and the skill sets to execute it to life. Brett is on every of those gifted individual. He he is super easy to work with. He makes any project fun and the result is truly mind blowing. Our company will always use him as our photographer/creative director! Dewey- Co Founder of Kekoa Collective.

Bret Thompsett Photography 20

Ryuta Watanabe · Married on 02/02/2019

Was great time and photos

It was great photo we received eventually!
    Also very professional to use the pro light and photo effects:)
    Will surely request his photo once visittinh hawaii again.

Sent on 03/16/2019

Brittany · Married on 07/07/2018

Great Results for Great Value

We hired Bret to photograph our wedding at Kualoa Ranch this past July, and are so happy with our decision! Of all our wedding vendor searches, we spent the most time looking for a photographer. After multiple meetings and careful consideration, we decided to hire Bret. So glad we chose Bret - he was very easy to work with and captured our day so perfectly with such beautiful pictures. One reason we chose Bret was because we loved how he captured the scenery, and he definitely delivered! Thank you so much Bret for being a pleasure to work with and giving us such an amazing product! I also must add that we accidentally FORGOT to pay Bret on our wedding day, and he still delivered the photos, trusting that we would pay him! What a great guy! Thanks again, hope we get a chance to work with you again :)

Sent on 12/19/2018