27 Reviews for Brenda Abbott Floral Design

Aisle Decor (1)
Flower Petals (1)
Non-Floral (1)
27 Brenda Abbott Floral Design Reviews

Brenda Abbott provides a top-notch service for an amazing price. She and her husband are so hardworking and helpful. Brenda handled the flowers, decorations, and wedding coordination. She made all of my visions come to life and ensured our day ran smoothly. Put simply, Brenda Abbott is the best!

Profile Picture Meagan, 2/17/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements, Corsages, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up
0.5

A Little Mistake That Cost a Bride $2,000

I am the bride as you might imagine, with the venue I chose, Brenda Abbott's day of coordination was included in the price. Once I discovered this, I decided to just hire her entirely for floral arrangements as well as a full service coordinator (not just day of coordinator). I hired her with plenty of a heads up: 1 year before the wedding.

What came next surprised me.

Below is a breakdown of the Floral Service AND the Full Service Coordination as there were multiple issues with Brenda Abbott's ability to live up to her promises.

Floral Service:

1. Her quote was 4 TIMES every single other floral quote I received, even with the same type of flowers and arrangements.
2. When I reached out about it being out of budget, she proceeded to tell me to "remove items from the quote" instead of working with me on the pricing. The quote included basic arrangements, nothing special so removing items would've been bridesmaid bouquets.
3. Don't fall for the "only florist in Bastrop" statement. You can hire florists from Austin and YOU'LL SAVE THOUSANDS.

Full Service Coordination Service:

1. For someone that says she has "years of experience coordinating weddings" she definitely doesn't have the mentality to ensure a Bride that has NEVER had a wedding before is setup for success.
2. There is no proactive communication on timeline of events, i.e. "What to be prepared for at the 1 year before, 6 months before, 3 months before, day of marks."
3. She did NOT show up the day of the wedding. She didn't even have her assistant prepared for the day of. I was asked basic questions at 8:30AM on my wedding day that should've been asked weeks before.

DO NOT USE BRENDA ABBOTT FOR ANY OF HER SERVICES, YOU WILL BE STRESSED FROM HER LACK OF PROFESSIONALISM.

Profile Picture Rebekah, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Wedding Planning

Flowers were gorgeous. Exactly what we envisioned.

Profile Picture brandi, 5/6/17, 2 Reviews

Brenda,
You truly out did yourself last night. The flowers and decor were breathtaking!!! I can't stress to you enough how grateful I am for you and your team for all of your hard work! I can only imagine how much work went into that wedding. It was gorgeous and truly the best night of my life. There is absolutely nothing that I would have done differently. From the food, the cake, the DJ, the ceremony..... it all was beyond perfect! The coordinator also did a fantastic job keeping everything moving so smoothly. That couldn't have been easy with the amount of people we had there. I feel so blessed, and like I told you yesterday, I will recommend you every single chance I get!! AND the colovista mansion!! Martha was awesome and so sweet. ???? last night was perfect and it was all thanks to you all (and my honey) thank you soooo much!!!!!

Profile Picture Summer, 12/3/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Brenda is professional and talented with great organizational skills for honing in on exactly what you want and what will work best for your dreams, location, weather and budget. She was always pleasant, helpful and punctual. Her staff set up and transformed the tables, room and outside arbor into a fairy tale atmosphere prettier than we ever imagined.

Profile Picture User6494421, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Non-Floral, Table Arrangements, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Venue Visit

Brenda Abbott is so talented - she listens carefully to what you want and creates absolutely stunning arrangements. All the flowers were gorgeous! Table centerpieces, bride & bridesmaids' bouquets, corsages and even the flowers for the cake. We were very pleased!!

Profile Picture User6617023, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Corsages, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements, Consultations, Delivery

I am so impressed with Brenda Abbott Floral Design! Brenda really knows her stuff - our one-on-one meeting with her was so productive and she had incredibly helpful tips and advice along the way. Her staff that set-up at my wedding were thorough and detail-oriented. My bouquet was gorgeous and the ceremony site was straight out of a dream!

Profile Picture Brandy, 9/26/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Brenda Abbott Floral Design did an excellent job on my wedding! They captured my vision perfectly, and the flowers were beyond my expectations!

Profile Picture User4595880, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Brenda was absolutely wonderful! The flowers and setting turned out more beautiful than we imagined it she had the vision from our message day one up with the bride wanted. Highly recommend her for anyone looking for a wonderful event to share with her

Profile Picture User4599346, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Brenda Abbott and her team did a remarkable job making our wedding so very special. Over a year of planning for the wedding, she was very comfortable with the many changes that we made in the planning. And then the very week of the wedding, we made some major changes and she accommodated all of our requests flawlessly...giving us inspiration as to how best to achieve the effect we hoped for. The crew assembled everything to perfection and the final effect was glorious.There was not a guest who did not comment on how incredible the florals/decorations were. We are so grateful to her and her team. We will definitely use their services again. Thank you, Brenda et al....

Profile Picture User4603170, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

My floral arrangements were exactly what I asked for and absolutely beautiful. I could not have been more satisfied with the service and end product.

Profile Picture Robin, 10/25/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Brenda and her Team are the absolute best! Thank you for making our day so special!

Profile Picture Kailee, 10/18/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Brenda Abbott was so helpful. She listened to my ideas and built the decor around exactly what we wanted for the rehearsal dinner. We had so many compliments from family and friends. She and her staff was professional and very friendly. The flowers were all the warm colors we wanted and absolutely beautiful!!

Profile Picture Cathy, 10/10/14, 2 Reviews
3.7

I felt that since Brenda is so highly recommended I definitely needed to check into using her shop for my wedding. Besides seeming overpriced for what you get, I was mostly happy with the services. While the initial consultation seemed professional and flexible to work with my ideas, I found that during the process of finalizing everything, especially when it came to adding a bridal bouquet for my portraits, that the professionalism was a little lost while explaining things, and came off somewhat condescending and overpriced to add on, other than that the experience was pretty good. A couple of my bouquets for the bridesmaids were losing flowers after only an hour but they were very pretty.

Profile Picture Erin, 10/4/14, 5 Reviews
3.7

I placed a very small order with Brenda Abbott about a year out from my wedding... Just a bridal bouquet, boutineers, and mothers corsages. All of the items that arrived we're gorgeous but I was missing 3 boutineers(including the grooms). My bridal bouquet was gorgeous but should have consisted of peonies and garden roses.. to me, it appeared to be standard roses and a few peonies, just not what I pictured in my mind. It was also Mother's Day weekend and they were loaded with 4 other weddings? Maybe too much? Maybe my order wasn't as big or important as the other, but it was important to me.

Overall I had a wonderful experience. they we're very professional and definitely catered to my last minute requests, but overall, I wish I could have a do over.

Profile Picture ashton, 5/10/14, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Brenda and everyone I worked with was incredible. She was so extremely flexible when I changed preference or color. She is the sweetest woman ever, and I will definitely use her again when given the opportunity.

Profile Picture Alison, 5/10/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

We hired Brenda Abbott Floral Design for our wedding at Villa Buena Vida in Cabo San Lucas Mexico, there were SOooo many hoops to jump through in order to pull this event off and Brenda MADE IT HAPPEN! Any time we would hit a road block, she would find a way around it. She had an idea....I trusted her, and it was better than I could have ever imagined! Stress free, unique and stunning! Just the way I hoped it would be.
Ashley & John

Profile Picture User3522342, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

The quality of work Brenda did was amazing. The flowers for our wedding were beautiful. They completely transformed the room.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 12/15/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Brenda went above and beyond with the design of our flowers. I gave her a vision of what I wanted my wedding to look like and she ran with it. She was very easy to get in touch with despite her busy schedule, and allowed me to add some of my own touches as well. All of the bouquets turned out just as how I wanted them to be, and mine definitely exceeded my expectations. She really made our wedding beautiful, and all of the guests commented on how great everything turned out. She is someone to consider working with if you are wanting to have an "outside the box" wedding!

Profile Picture User2242811, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

brenda abbott is an absolute jewel!!! my daughter's wedding was perfect in every way due to the wonderful ideas and creativity of brenda abbott. i would recommend her highly to anyone~
we were having a destination wedding and were far from home, but brenda made us feel like we were at home with all of the special details she did. she was magnificient in putting everything together. she is a must for any wedding!!!!

Profile Picture susan, 9/29/12, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

I just loved everything it was so gorgeous and I will use her for any event.

Profile Picture audri, 3/31/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Without Brenda, my wedding would have not been any where near perfect. She did such an amazing job :)

Profile Picture Audrianna, 3/31/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Brenda did a fantastic job! She took every detail that I wanted, and made it happen. The bridal bouquet was so beautiful, and her centerpieces for the reception were unbelievable.

Profile Picture Abbie, 3/3/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Brenda was the best wedding vendor I had. She went above & beyond to make our wedding flowers incredible, without breaking the budget. We met with her so she could really understand what we did and did not want included. I wanted a 'country style' wedding with casual flowers and buckets of flowers on hooks and she delivered. I was thrilled to death!

Hire Brenda & let her run with the ball. You won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Jill, 10/8/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Brenda Abbott provided the flowers for my January 8th wedding at Lakeway Resort and Spa. She was really able to capture exactly what we wanted for our floral decorations for both the ceremony and the reception. Having a winter wedding, we wanted our flowers to be all different shades of white and she was able to create exactly what I was imagining. The flowers were extremely high quality and the service was professional. I visited her shop in Bastrop and she was extremely friendly and easy to work with. I highly recommend her not only for the quality of flowers but also for the quality of the design and the time, effort, attention, and high skill level that she puts into making your wedding flowers and decorations perfect.

Profile Picture Liz, 1/8/11, 5 Reviews