Brecknock Hall Reviews

Brecknock Hall View more information

Leah A. Married on 10/18/2020

Highly recommend

I absolutely love Brecknock hall. Amazing venue. if you are a bride who doesn’t know where to begin, Valerie will guide you in the right direction and make it all happen for you. I would absolutely recommend anyone to get married there, you will not regret it. The venue is beautiful and Valerie is amazing!

Brecknock Hall's reply:

Thank you so much Leah!! You were a pleasure to work with and your wedding day was stunning. We were happy to be part of it!
    Courtney B. Married on 10/07/2018

Beautiful Backdrop

Brecknock Hall was one of the best decision we made for our wedding. We wanted something a bit different than your normal LI wedding venue which is exactly what Brecknock is. I originally found it by seeing a photo online of the ceremony on the front steps and I was wow that looks amazing and so different for a ceremony and that was it. We didn't even look anywhere else. It ended up being the perfect backdrop to our day and our photos (which was extremely important to me.) All our family and friends were in awe of the space. Also Valerie and her team made sure everything ran smoothly and according to plan leading up to and on our day. I could not stop smiling the whole because everything came out so perfect. Thanks!!

Brecknock Hall's reply:

Thank you Courtney!! It was a perfect wedding day and we were happy to host you and Walter. It's wonderful to see our bride's visions come to life. Wishing you all the best! xo
    Jesse Married on 10/07/2017
    Best night of our lives. The Brecknock team (especially Valerie) are awesome and made for a great venue experience. Highly recommended for great value and amazing location.
  • F
    F Married on 06/10/2017
    My daughter who lives in Istanbul found this venue through word of mouth as her now husband has family in the area. Dealing with Valerie via emails and phone calls made me a bit weary to say the least as I live in FL. We met with Valerie two days prior to the wedding. Valerie checked off everything and even gave my daughter some suggestions.
    I cannot say enough good things about the professional way in which this wedding was handled. The caterer and Valerie worked extremely well together. Everything went extremely well, nothing was left to chance and Valerie, her staff and the caterer were on sight from the get go until the end of the wedding.
    The Mansion is indeed beautiful as are the grounds. The property was impeccable. The upstairs rooms available to the bride and her maids of honor and the grooms quarters were just perfect and what ever anyone needed, Valery was right there; actually she was everywhere!
    Whatever your needs may be Valerie knows someone. I highly recommend her and her team
    Lauren Married on 08/13/2016
    If you're searching for a beautiful, historic and unforgettable venue that you can customize and make your wedding truly personal, Brecknock Hall is undoubtedly your place. We went to a wedding here in 2013 and it stood out to us for years. When we were looking for our 2016 wedding venue, Brecknock was the first and only place we looked. Valerie is a true pro who cares about the couples that choose Brecknock as their venue, and will go above and beyond to assist in making sure all the pieces fall in to place to create your perfect day. This type of venue takes a lot of coordination, attention to detail and TLC, but you will not find a more perfect place to make your own. Our wedding day was one of the hottest, most humid summer days of the year, but despite the heat, our guests had the time of their lives because of the atmosphere we were able to create at Brecknock. I wouldn't change a thing.
    Noel Married on 06/04/2016
    We recently got married at Brecknock Hall, finding it by chance while Google-searching venues on the North Fork after most of the wineries we originally looked at did not meet our expectations. This venue truly provided the platform for our dream wedding. Yes, it's more DIY than a traditional catering hall venue, but the results are truly spectacular as the setting (Brecknock Hall and the surrounding landscape) is so spectacular, and truly unique and special. Here's what you need to know if this is your type of wedding:
    1) Valerie, the event coordinator, is top notch - a true professional - and has relationships with many of the vendors out east, which you will find extremely helpful. We used her as our day-of coordinator and were blown away by her organization, attention to detail, and general wonderful personality. You want someone as can-do and "on it" as her working with you on your wedding day. I can honestly say that everything went smoothly and the result was perfect (and if things went wrong behind the scenes, I was none the wiser - she took care of it). She also held my hand through over a 15 month planning process and was extremely responsive to my emails - both important and minor details - the entire time.

2) The approved vendor list is awesome, and we had great experiences (they are vetted by Valerie). You are in good hands here - a nice variety of both vendors and price ranges. You will be able to find a combination of vendors to fit most budgets.

3) Our guests have since told us that this was the best wedding they've ever been to. It provides a truly stunning canvas for you to create the wedding of your dreams.
    Lindsay Married on 08/16/2014
    Brecknock hall was the perfect venue for our August weddding. My husband and I did not want a catering hall venue and Brecknock hall was the absolute best choice for our perfect day. The planning and work of bringing in everything for the big day was a lot of work but Jen was beyond helpful and I can truly and honestly say wall of the work and organization of coordinating everything was beyond worth it when we looked at the beautiful backdrop and all of the pictures after. All of our guest loved the venue and exploring the house and grounds. Greenport was an amazing "destination" type weekend get away. I would recommend this venue to anyone seeking a romantic and unique venue, it was magical.
  • Giselle
    Giselle Married on 06/14/2014
    Absolutely fantastic venue! The coordinator in charge (Jen Ackroyd) was very responsive, attentive and sweet. We highly recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a weekend wedding getaway. The location is impeccable.
  • User1303188 2+ years ago
    I am the planner for this wedding and Brecknock was truly the BEST venue I have EVER worked with! Jennifer goes above and beyond every step along the way! She is incredibly responsive and does everything with a sense of urgency! Brecknock is BEAUTIFUL!! The grounds are perfectly manicured and clean and the house itself is magnificent. I can't say enough about working with the entire Brecknock team except BOOK YOUR WEDDING HERE!
    Lorry Married on 06/08/2013
    Our wedding was picture perfect! Couldn't be happier!
    Maureen Married on 07/21/2012
    Our daughter and son-in-law had their wedding at Brecknock Hall on 7-21-12. From our first meeting with Diane Radigan to the final goodbyes we had an exceptional experience. Diane was always available with answers to our questions and excellent recomendations on vendors and how to use the hall to it's fullest advantage. It's a beautiful venue and offers many possibilities for a unique party. We will have wonderful memories of Brecknock Hall and Diane and her staff for years to come.
    Sherry Married on 07/31/2010
    The people at Brecknock Hall were top notch. Diane Radigan was lightening fast in responding to my MANY emails, and met with me several times to go over the details of our wedding. There aren't enough ways I can say how wonderful my entire wedding planning was once I had Diane Radigan and the folks at Brecknock Hall on my team! It was a wonderful day!!!
    Lauren Married on 04/30/2016
    Brecknock Hall is wonderful place to get married! The place itself is beautiful and Valerie, who works there, is amazing! The building is beautiful and classic and the grounds are so pretty- My husband and I took full advantage of all the blooming Cherry Blossoms. Valerie was so great to work with and is meticulous in caring about the appearance of the building and outdoor areas so it is perfect the day of your wedding. Our guests loved it there and commented all night about how amazing it was. The bridal and groom suites upstairs are so nice and private. We had a large wedding so we had our reception in a tent out back and it was great! Our guests were able to mingle outside and in the house if they didn't want to be under the tent with our DJ. It is a beautiful place to get married, the staff is amazing and the price is very reasonable.
    Leah Married on 08/30/2014
    I grew up on the North Fork of Long Island and was absolutely floored by the venue site fees. The whole process of searching was very discouraging until we found Brecknock Hall. As soon as we stepped foot in the place, we knew it was where we wanted to get married. My entire experience with Brecknock could not have been better. Jen Ackroyd was incredibly helpful and responsive to all my questions and needs. She was encouraging, knowledgeable, and was a big help during the rehearsal and on the day of. We couldn't have done it without her and I'm so glad we had such a competent and lovely person to oversee what was going on!

The venue itself is completely gorgeous! We did not use a tent, but had about 87 guests and had the dinner inside. Dancing took place in the main hall. The cocktail hour took place on the front lawn across the driveway from where the ceremony took place. A few things we loved about this space was the fact that we had it for 2 days, so we were able to set up and get it decorated without having to rush or stress. We were also able to get ready in the beautiful suites they have upstairs for the wedding party. The property is so beautiful that we didn't have to over-decorate, a few simple touches went a long way and we let the building speak for itself. A really important thing to me was to get pictures by the water. Even though Brecknock is not overlooking the water, we were able to take a golf cart and some cars down to the beach for pictures. It all worked out really well and we still made it back in time to enjoy part of the cocktail hour.

So many of our guests raved about how beautiful Brecknock was and what a lovely time they had. We truly felt like we had our dream wedding. I am so thankful we found Brecknock and I truly believe it will be THE destination to get married on the North Fork in a very short time. There wasn't one other venue we looked at that offered as much for the value. I highly recommend this place!!
  • User1282807 2+ years ago
    I just got married at Brecknock Hall, and it was the most beautiful venue! Jen and Debbie were so helpful and organized, and I didn't have to worry about a thing on the big day. Everyone had a memorable experience, and our wedding was exactly what we wanted it to be. They have a beautiful bridal suite upstairs and groomsmen suite. They know how to put on a wedding!
    Arline Married on 08/06/2011
    Brecknock Hall was absolutely fabulous, the grounds are gorgeous and the staff are all professional and curteous. We cannot say enough about how fabulous this site was for our wedding. Both inside and out the mansion was beautifully restored, yet it is neutral enough to accommodate almost any vision. There are so many options on how to have your wedding set up, ceremony outside on the front porch, reception inside our out, pictures with the art exhibit on the grounds, the natural beauty of the grounds or on the beach, the possibilities are endless!
    You will not be disappointed with Brecknock Hall
    Danielle Married on 04/25/2015
    Our wedding was a dream come true! It was the perfect venue for us, Valerie helped us with every step along the way and really cared about all the details that mattered to us.
    Bobbi A. Married on 07/23/2011
    Brecknock Hall is an amazing venue that your guests will be sure to remember. The manager of the venue, Diane Radigan is a pleasure to work with. She was very helpful in making sure all of my vendors executed my vision for the day. It you are looking for a completely unique and vintage-inspired wedding reception then this is your place. It was a quite a bit more work having our wedding here in lieu of having it at a traditional reception hall. In the end all of our hard work paid off.