Bravo Sound Reviews

37 | Astoria, NY

37 Reviews for Bravo Sound

Taso Pagoulatos · Married on 03/03/2019

Bravo sound wedding

Bravo sound did an amazing job at our wedding, mike was a great mc he had the place jumping all night , we had a belly dancer and mr met and he worked them together perfectly

Jaclyn · Married on 06/30/2018

These guys crushed our wedding. Izzy the MC kept the crowd excited and engaged while Leo played a mix of our favorite hits. We loved that he mixed the tracks vs. playing full songs like a playlist. We could not have asked for a better duo. Thank you guys!!

Suzi · Married on 07/16/2017

My advice is to book Bravo asap. No reason to think twice. :)

Jincy · Married on 12/18/2016

We used Bravo Sound for our ceremony music as well as our reception. Mike was our DJ and Ali was our MC - quality, quality vendors. Mike is high energy when you meet with him but so kind and so accommodating to us (we had to have late meetings as we lived 2 hours away from Queens, quick to reply to emails and texts). We knew we wanted to incorporate some Indian music into our reception and we were nervous to use a non-Indian DJ but it couldn't have been easier with Mike. We sent him tracks we wanted incorporated and what really impressed us was that he listened to the tracks all the way through to understand how to mix them into his set effortlessly. His price point was VERY reasonable - we went with his most deluxe package which included a zap photographer. The guests had a good time seeing pictures of themselves and it was great to have some high quality photos within 2 weeks of our event. Mike is very honest - he's not trying to sell you the moon. He'll tell you what you need based off of your crowd, the room, etc and after dealing with some grimy vendors, it was refreshing to deal with him. Bravo Sound is definitely going to keep your party moving and on the dance floor the entire time. You will not regret booking them!

Michele · Married on 11/12/2016

We met with Bravo 3 times prior to our wedding. Our first visit was am introductory visit. They gave us all the info we needed and pricing to their services. They were very easy to talk to and didn't try to sell us on more than we needed. Our second visit was to hash out all the details (general flow of the night, type of ambiance we wanted to create with music, work with our budget). They gave us a firm to fill out our music choices. On or last visit, they worked with us on song selection. This was such a big help. It's gets talky complicated especially when you and your significant other have different music taste.

On the day of the wedding, our DJ and MC were amazing. They were the nicest guys ever. They really help set the mood for the entire event. We could not have asked for anything better.

Everyone at Bravo were so easy to work with and so patient to answer all your questions and concerns!

Belen · Married on 10/08/2016

Bravo Sounds is the BEST DJ for ANY occasion! They are always very professional, respond right away, are very helpful with ideas and tips for your event. They work with you completely & tailor your event to your needs. They work the crowd really good & have everyone dancing at all times. I highly recommend them for any occasion. I've used them for my wedding, birthday parties & christening. And I will continue to use them in the future.

Izzy and Alex were great! Izzy was able to keep the crowd hyped without overdoing it, and was very professional and kind when one of my family members kept trying to hog the microphone! Alex had the task of providing music for 4 generations of my family (our first ever family reunion), and he effortlessly flowed from music from the 70's all the way up to the present; even if you were not familiar with the song, he played artists that could be enjoyed by everyone. The children all the way up to the elders kept it moving on the dance floor all night. The price was very fair and included basic lighting package and a large flat screen monitor that streamed pictures of my family members all night long. Whenever I host an event in NY, I will always go with Bravo Sound, plus they are in my old stomping grounds, L.I.C.! ;-)

China · Married on 06/12/2016

Bravo was an amazing company to work with from beginning to end! We spent a lot of time researching DJ companies and when we met with Mike from Bravo, we were completely comfortable right from the start. They were super helpful with every aspect of our planning and very responsive to anything we needed. Alex walked us through our selections when we were a couple of weeks away from the wedding date and helped us make some final selections, making suggestions based on his expertise without ever being pushy. They provided music for the on-site ceremony and the sound for the officiant. We also used them for a steel drummer for our cocktail hour, which we thoroughly enjoyed as well as our guests. Joe was outstanding and added a really fun aspect to our outdoor, tiki bar cocktail hour. Mike was our DJ and Izzy was our MC for the reception and we couldn't have asked for a better time. They kept the energy at the right level for the entire night and were very attentive to anything we wanted. It was an amazing party and our guests had a blast! The music was perfect....they played our requests as well as mixing in other music that fit perfectly with our preference in music style. Izzy judged the crowd well and brought the right level of energy without overdoing it. Both of the guys were a lot of fun and our guests couldn't stop complimenting us on choosing them. We got our photobooth from Bravo as well and it was top notch. The photobooth was really new and the setup looked great. They brought fun props and the attendant managed the flow so that everyone got to use it and it was never backed up with a long line. They even customized the photo prints to match our design from the invitation and place cards. Every detail was managed to a T and made things super simple for us. We couldn't be happier and would recommend them to anyone without hesitation! Thanks for making our day perfect, Bravo!

• User5192478 · 2+ years ago

Saw Mike (MC) and DJ perform at a friend's wedding and was highly impressed at how they kept the party going! They definitely had a good enjoy going all night, great music and the dance floor was never empty. I remember rarely being off the dance floor and thinking "this company is amazing". SO amazing, I asked my friend for their information and booked them for my upcoming wedding February 2016. I can't wait for the reception. I know Mike will definitely keep my guests on their feet. I definitely appreciate his willingness and wanting to incorporate any cultural themes and music (he knew what Naja music was and had some of the newest beats on hand - not your ordinary DJ!!!!!). I was impressed with him when we did meet to discuss booking them for my wedding and can't wait to see what they bring in Feb!

Stephanie · Married on 12/05/2015

This DJ has everything going on! For my greek/Puerto Rican/Amerincan wedding he mixed the music like not other. He knew the hits for everything and there was no one sitting down! Alex and his brother Mike made it happen! I also did the step & repeat from them and everyone loved it. They are great to work with and I definitely would recommend them to everyone!

Katina · Married on 10/11/2015

I used Bravo Sound for my Wedding day this past month. I would not recommend anyone else to DJ your wedding other than this company. They are so professional, reasonable, and from the first meeting with the owners, I trusted that they would do a spectacular job on the wedding. I gave them an idea of what kind of music I wanted played, and they knew exactly what I wanted. We had a Greek and Italian wedding and accommodated music to both sides of the family, cultures and all age groups. Not one person was sitting during the wedding, we were dancing the entire night. The MC, Mike, and DJ Alex had the energy in the room high the entire night. I am still getting compliments of what a great job they did at the wedding and the after party, and asking me for their business card. No matter what genre, age group, or type of wedding, they will accommodate to your needs. I am so happy with their company, and the amazing job they did on my wedding, I highly recommend Bravo Sound!!!

I am so happy that we hired Bravo Sound for our wedding - they were professional, on time, and kept the party going all night long! Finding a truly professional (and not crazy expensive) DJ is a tough task, but Alex made us feel very comfortable at the initial and followup meeting, and Mike did a great job mixing tunes all night. They helped accommodate renting and setting up a keyboard for the wedding ceremony, as well as speakers for light music during the outdoor cocktail hour. We appreciated all the guidance during the meetings and that they took the reigns for most of the planning...we gave them request lists, but overall, we felt so at ease to trust their expertise on how to make the night run smoothly. We had a common goal in mind - keep the crowd dancing the whole time! Our guests all said that our wedding was one of the best dancing weddings they had ever been to - 3 solid hours of dancing! Thank you!

Mike and Ben are the absolutely the talented Duo!!!! Sitting down with Mike to discuss the nooks and crannies for our wedding music, Mike was able to work with our unique styles and requests. Mike is the best DJ any bride can ask for, and he never got the "Bride look." I have to say he delivered an amazing mix of American, Spanish and Greek mix that had my crowd of guests dancing till the end of the night. Thank you so much for all your talent, professionalism, and special touch you added on our wedding night.

• I

Irene · Married on 11/09/2013

These guys are awesome! They rocked out our wedding - our guests were up on their feet dancing all night long! Bravo Sound was recommended to us by a friend and we could tell instantly at our first meeting that they knew their stuff. The staff made several suggestions to us along the way that were very helpful and made the planning a little easier. I would highly recommend them for your next event!

Jess · Married on 09/01/2013

Mike and the Bravo Team did a fantastic job at our wedding!

Mike was a fantastic DJ, the mixer was on point with the pulse of the room and the flow of dancing. Everyone was up and dancing and having a good time the whole night, even the non dancers!

They were accommodating and able to find our specific requests, including instrumental Dr Who theme song for the ceremony/ cocktail hour, and instrumental Family Guy Theme Song for the entrance music.

Recommending them to everyone I know for all their parties!

Bravo Sounds did an amazing job. I could not have asked for a better DJ/MC at my wedding. Here are just some of the key points that made them so great:
    1. Patient and helpful –Mike, the owner, spent a lot of time talking with us. He listened to my wants and concerns (especially about our budget) and never tried to pressure us or sell us more than what we wanted. He spent more than an hour on the phone with me, providing advice, suggestions, and referrals all before I ever even booked with him. I think he truly enjoys helping people.
    2. Accessible –When I called him or left a message, he would get back to me right away.
    3. Attitude –The whole team was upbeat, energetic, and eager to accommodate my requests.
    4. Music –Incredible!! Bravo played all the songs we wanted. My finance and I are both Greek and wanted a mixture of both American and Greek music. Bravo flowed between American and Greek music flawlessly and kept people dancing all night. Further, Mike was able to expertly read the crowd, and adjust the music mix throughout the wedding so that there was something for everyone. We have received compliments about the music from many people at the wedding including my older aunts and younger cousins.
    5. Lighting –Wow!! Our wedding was at the Westbury Manor, a classically decorated, elegant, old mansion (e.g. dark wood, classic charm). I didn’t want too much lighting because I worried that it might mask the charm of the room, or make my wedding look like a disco party or sweet sixteen. Mike made some suggestions, and I eventually decided to trust his judgment. I am so glad I did. He made to the room better than I could have ever imagined.
    6. Pleasant Surprises –Bravo went the extra mile at the wedding. Not only were the music and master of ceremony duties perfectly handled, Mike went even further by handing out props (hats and necklaces) to the guests. The crowd loved it, and I was glad that Bravo cared so much about making my wedding fun.

Great dj and mc! Guests LOVED their announcements and music..

Kelli · Married on 11/03/2012

Mike and his team were fantastic from Bravo!! The music was so on point, the guests were loving it and more importantly everyone was dancing the entire time. They did my brother's wedding 5 years ago and now they did mine and they were great both times. Can't say enough about these guys. They even have someone who runs around taking pictures during the party and then they display them on the TV screens we had right after. Beautiful!

Martha · Married on 09/02/2012

Bravo Sound was one of the best choices we made for our wedding day. We were 100% satisfied with everything they did for us, from our first meeting with Mike (the owner) to the very last dance of the night. My husband's family is 100% (or as close as possible) Greek-American, while my family is 100% AMERICAN American, which would pose quite a challenge for anyone. Bravo Sound handled the entire event even better than we could have imagined. First of all, their lighting absolutely transformed our room... when we first walked in to see the room before all the guests went in, we were absolutely blown away. Then, Mike (who we were lucky enough to have MC our reception) saw us and put on our wedding song so we could have a practice dance, just the two of us. I'll always remember and cherish that memory.

Once the reception began, the party never stopped. The Bravo team seamlessly transitioned between traditional Greek music, oldies, classic rock, contemporary/pop and everything in between. We gave them a pretty extensive list of songs we wanted played, including Big Band music to honor my Grandfather (a jazz trumpet player) and were amazed they were able to play most if not all of it. As we requested, they played about 20-25% Greek music, which was perfect. Mike knew all of the Greek dances and traditions, and kept even the most senior members of the Greek side happy. And to everyone's surprise, EVERYONE (including my family) was up dancing. And everyone STAYED up (except for dinner and speeches, of course).

Mike told me beforehand that if he ever got "the look" from me, he'd know I wasn't happy. Well, let me tell you, I never even got the chance to look at Mike - I was too busy dancing and having the time of my life with my husband, our families, and all of our friends. The level of professionalism, personalized service, dedication and class puts Bravo Sound a cut above every other DJ out there. Book these guys. They do not disappoint.

• Z

zak · Married on 06/09/2012

Where do we begin?? Best DJ in the world and the best vendor at our wedding. Mike, the owner of the company was our MC and did an amazing job. Bravo sound was a class act right from the start. They were easy to contact, and made it simple to set up meetings. They assisted us with picking out songs and assured us the entire way through the process that our wedding was being handled with the upmost care. They got to the reception on time and set up everything beautifully. The music was amazing and kept everyone on the dance floor the entire evening. We were lucky enough to have many wonderful vendors for our wedding, but Bravo Sound takes the cake!! Wonderful, efficient, curtious, caring, and kind! Mike and the other members of his team took the time to walk around and interact with all of our guests. They made sure to give props to as many of the guests as possible, even some of the older folks who could not make it out to the dance floor in order to help them feel as though they were part of the party. Bravo was excellent at reading the crowd at our wedding and determining the types of music that everyone wanted to hear. This ensured that the dance floor was full the whole night long. We love them and could not reccommend them enough to others. GO WITH BRAVO SOUND!

• Stella

Stella · Married on 11/26/2011

These guys were awesome I had three different types of music and these guys did great i loved them

Leigh · Married on 11/19/2011

Izzy is the man! He kept the party alive and energized all night long and even came to chill at the after party!

valerie · Married on 04/03/2011

We had a DJ for our wedding and Mike was the MC. He's very articulate, funny, and did a great job! They played various music as well as some ethnic Russian music, and got all our guests on the dance floor.

Sent on 05/25/2011

Bravo Sound's reply:

Hi, Thanks so much for your review. We truly appreciate your business, and your feedback.
  • Alissiah

Alissiah · Married on 01/22/2011

The music choices were exactly what we asked for, was a non-stop party. The uplighting looks amazing and totally worth adding on. Izzy was a great MC, always had the crowd up and dancing. Alex was the dj and kept the flow of music good for all crowds.

Rebecca · Married on 10/30/2010

I met with Mike (owner and our MC) a few times before the wedding and every single time I spoke to him, he made me excited about my own wedding. He is extremely easy to talk to and he’s really funny! I didn’t have ANY worries when it came to using his company. This was an American/Greek/Italian/Jewish wedding and we agreed that we’d have about 25-30% Greek music and the rest American (plus a Horah). They really kept to that and the Greek music they did play was all stuff I knew, so I was able to fake the dance moves!

We opted for the zap photographer in our package with Bravo. This is where they have a guy go around the CH and reception snapping photos of all the guests and getting action shots of dancing and whatnot. THESE WERE EXCELLENT PHOTOS! My guests thought my regular photog took them!

Mike & Alex are an excellent team and they were truly the icing on the cake for the wedding. I recommend them like crazy!

Sent on 11/30/2010

Bravo Sound's reply:

Wow, what a nice review. We truly appreciate your business. Thank you for having us at your wedding.