Braselton Event Center Reviews

30 | Braselton, GA

30 Reviews for Braselton Event Center

Elaine · Married on 04/21/2018

Loved our venue! Laura was a dream to work with! The pictures of our ceremony in the garden are so romantic! Thank you!

Sent on 05/16/2018

Stacy · Married on 08/22/2015

The Braselton Stover House is amazing! The grounds are beautiful and you get to pick you own vendors. They will save you money. Laura Collier and Mr. and Mrs. Stover are so helpful and understanding during the process. My wedding is this weekend and I can’t wait! Laura, thanks again for everything!

Sent on 08/17/2015

mary · Married on 07/18/2015

We were absolutely pleased with the Braselton Stover House and Laura, our wedding coordinator. The venue is beautiful but Laura makes it more fantastic. She will work with you and get to know you as a couple. She works hard to make sure your vision becomes a realty. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 07/20/2015
  • User5062098 · event on 07/03/2015

Absolutely love this venue and all who work there are so helpful and professional. Would highly recommend.

Sent on 07/05/2015

The Braselton Stover house was a perfect location for our event! The picturesque grounds and ornate decor made it very unique to us. Unlike other manor style venues, they have the facilities available to host large events in their beautiful ballroom, and Laura the event coordinator is fantastic! Absolutely reccomend to anyonr needing a venue, and they are affordable too!!! Sweet delights cakes from their preferred vendor list is incredible!

Sent on 06/01/2015

We held our wedding here in May 2014 and it was beautiful. We needed a venue where we could be both outdoors and indoors and also bring in our own vendors. This is the place! I recommend the Braselton-Stover House for any girl who has dreamed of a garden wedding. It's perfect because you can have an outdoor wedding but go indoors for the reception and dining. Lauren Stover helped to coordinate everything. She is wonderful. She is flexible with meeting times and always willing to offer suggestions on decor and ideas. If I had to go back, I'd choose the Braselton-Stover House again!

Sent on 09/27/2014

My only daughter was married at the Braselton Stover House last Friday evening. I had no experience with weddings. I was so grateful for the amazing help I received from Lauren Stover!! She is so good at her job and a very likable person. She helped all the way from the beginning planning, to the end of the reception. She is pure joy to work with!! She even directed the wedding and reception for us!! The house is truly gorgeous, as are the grounds. My daughter was married outside under the pergola and it was just beautiful. We were able to bring in our own caterer and alcohol into the venue, saving us tons of money! I have nothing but praise for Lauren Stover and the Braselton Stover House! Every part of the evening was perfect!

Sent on 04/09/2014

They were incredible. Lauren was there for everything I needed and the venue looked amazing when it was set up!

Sent on 11/18/2013

A beautiful location with attentive, involved owners. Lauren was an absolute pleasure to work with. I would recommend this location to anyone looking to get married.

Sent on 11/05/2013

natalis · Married on 06/29/2013

Marvin and Mary Stover, the owners of the stover house were exceedingly friendly and accommodating. They were willing to help us with any concerns we had and welcomed us to their venue like family. If you want a sophisticated wedding with old southern charm and elegance this is the place to go.

Sent on 07/02/2013

1. Beautiful outside scenery/facility
    2. Experienced, Christian owners. Lauren was positive and helpful
    3. Open and flexible people. Stonewalls Bar BQ awesome catering
    4. DJ was great. Eric kept everyone excited, informed, and dancing

Sent on 06/17/2014

Amy · Married on 04/27/2013

BS surpassed all of our expectations. Marvin, Mary, and Lauren were a delight to work with. Thank you so much for making our daughter and husband's day so beautiful. The venue is beautiful and elegant. Because of their flexibility, you can make the event exactly what you want it to be. The ability to hire your own caterer and purchase the beer and wine yourself allows you to tailor the event to what you want at a very affordable price. I cannot not say enough about this venue. I would absolutely recommend it.

Sent on 04/30/2013

My son and daughter in law were married at the Braselton Stover House. She loves the charm of a historical southern estate. The evening wedding was so elegant. The chandeliers glistening over the first dance of the bride and goom will always be etched in my mind. Trumps Catering, Athens, GA did a wonderful job with making the serving table just as elegant and the food was delicious. The photos of the wedding party on the wrap around porch are spectacular. Marvin and Mary were a hugh help! Mary is such a knowledgable wedding planner, but allows a bride to add their special touches. Listening to Marvin and Mary give their history with the house, how they restored the house and added the ballroom, made it even more special, personal. Although the facility is elegant at night, I would love to see it at a day wedding with the beautiful gardens. We were just bubbly with exitment all evening! It could not have been any better!

Sent on 03/10/2013

Dawn · Married on 10/13/2012

I absolutely would recommend this venue. Mary and Marvin Stover played a huge part in making our daughter's wedding more perfect than we ever imagined it could be. From their help and guidance that was provided to my husband and I and to our daughter (down to every last detail) to their cooperation with our vendors, we couldn't have done it all without them. The beauty of the garden and reception hall added an elegance that was breathtaking. Our guests had a wonderful time and the compiments have been overwhelming-the most common of which has been that it was the most beautiful wedding they have ever attended. Beautiful setting, very affordable and wonderful staff!!!!

Sent on 10/15/2012

Bill · Married on 09/17/2011

It gives me great pleasure to recommend The Braselton-Stover House for your wedding venue considerations. From the very beginning, my wife and I felt at ease in dealing with Mary and Marvin Stover knowing that their professionalism and expertise would make our daughter's day as special as it turned out. The grounds are amazing, the grand home is impecable, and the Reception Hall, you could not ask for a finer place to have a party. Not to big but certainly not to small and the classic eligence of the Home and Reception Hall was beyond expectation. Incredible owners, Mary and Marvin's attention to detail is unsurpassed. Thanks for helping to make our Daughter's day so special, with your guidance and support made it that much more special. Bill and Sandy

Sent on 11/16/2011

Heather · Married on 09/03/2011

Mary and Marvin were wonderful!! My husband and I feel in love with them the first time we meet them. Mary has been in the industry for a long time and really knows what she is talking about which helped the process run much more smoothly. We love the house and the grounds - we received so many compliments on how beautiful everything was. We had so much fun at our wedding!! Thank you Mary and Marvin for everything that you did to make that day just perfect for us!

Sent on 09/29/2011
  • F

Mitch · Married on 04/30/2011

As the father of the groom, I don't usually think of doing much more than being responsible for the rehearsal dinner, right? However, this wedding was different. My wife and I met with the kids at Braselton-Stover House after they had informed us of their wish to have the ceremony and reception there. It came highly recommended to them. When we drove up, Martin met us at the door with a warm and genuine smile and handshake. I liked him immediately because he was real.

Walking into the hall and seeing the ballroom my first reaction was "wow" it's huge. Surrounded by antiques and stories of how it all came to be, one knows "this is going to be something out of a fairy tale". The next question that came to mind was can I afford this? The kids had wanted all along to pay for the wedding themselves but I knew I was going to "help". That fact was put on hold for the time being as I saw the details of the prep work unfold.

The tour took us through the facility and around every corner was a mixture of unbelievable beauty and a sense of peace. Every detail was addressed. Every question was answered and the warmth and family feel was evident. We were able to have our desires discussed at length and incorporated without being "pushed" into a standard cookie-cutter process. We were able to bring in our own caterer and set up a music mix with ours and the house's with a first class music system and even had Martin do the DJ work. Way to go Sir!

Getting to the day, all I can say is, no way I could have imagined the splendor and amazing setting to have my youngest son marry his bride in the garden setting on that April morning with cool breezees and bright blue sky. I still have tears when I think of how proud I was of he and his new bride as they turned together at their introduction as man and wife! Perfection!

The reception was a party and way beyond the guest's expectation. I can't tell you how many times I heard directly and indirectly how fantastic and beautiful everything was. Was the food awesome? You bet. But to see the buffet laid out on that huge wooden table with the lace and linen and silver and punch flowing from an endless fountain, it made everything more desirable even before you took the first bite. And for that day to be etched into the history books of everyone's memory; all I can say is, it was worth any price.

Speaking of price... let's just say we are modest folks but we were able to give the kids more than just a wedding. Marvin and Mary made us feel like millionaires by treating us as such. The kids were able to enjoy the day knowing most of the guests would never know just how affordable a day in a fairy tale wedding can be at the Braselton-Stover House.

Sent on 08/26/2011

Jessica · Married on 04/02/2011

We can't even begin to say enough about Mary and Marvin Stover! They were beyond wonderful to work with, and they did many things to help make our day so very special! Mary personally worked with us on countless occasions, ironing out all kinds of details (major and minor) to make our day exactly like we hoped it would be. She personally went over each and every step of the wedding with us at the rehearsal, and walked us through it all on our Wedding Day, making it both memorable and perfect! The Braselton-Stover House is beautiful, and a wonderful venue for an outdoor or indoor wedding, and it is also perfect for the reception as well. The Banquet Hall had room for all of our guests to sit down comfortably for dinner, a perfect set-up for a buffet, and a great place for the DJ to set-up his station near the dance floor. Our guests have continued to talk about the wonderful time they had at the wedding and Mary and Marvin played a major role in helping to make our day what it was!

Sent on 06/16/2011

Teresa · Married on 10/16/2010

Amazing!!! I got married there last night, and I could not have asked for anything better. Mary was such a help!!! She even helped bussle my dress!!!
    The facility is beautiful!! I cannot wait to get pictures. The bridal room is what I have Always imagined getting ready in with my bridesmaids.
    Amazing experience there !! What I've always invisioned !!

Sent on 10/17/2010

Katie · Married on 06/27/2010

I recently got married at the Stover House and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a conveniently located venue to get married. The grounds itself are perfect for an outdoor wedding like I had. The couple Mary and Marvin were wonderful to work with and they know their stuff they were able to open up my mind to other options and I enjoyed their input!! The reception hall is beautiful and a perfect place for your perfect day!!!

Sent on 11/05/2010

Abby · Married on 04/25/2010

Braselton Stover House was the perfect venue for my wedding. My dream was always to get married in a garden and have a beautiful ballroom to dance in and that is exactly what I got. The grounds are absolutely beautiful. Mary and Marvin are so wonderful to work with. They have worked in the business for a long time and know what they are doing. One of the best things about this venue is that you get to bring in all of your other vendors. That saves on a ton of money because you can shop around for what you want.

Sent on 06/15/2014

Jamie · Married on 05/02/2009

Choosing the venue site was the most difficult part of my whole wedding experience. I looked all over the area and just could not find something that I loved and that fit in my budget. I actually booked at another venue when my parents stumbled onto the beautiful Braselton-Stover House. My parents suggested we schedule an appointment to view it and at the time I was not wanting to look at another place. I am so happy that we did! The moment we pulled into the drive I knew we had found the perfect location. The venue is breathtaking! We met with Mary and she made the decision to change even easier. She was an absolute pleasure to work with and made the whole process fun and easy. Her attention to detail and the high level of class that she brings to the table set her and her magnificent home out from everything else in the area! Our guest were so impressed with the venue that they are still talking about it! "Top notch" was the description given by our guests and that is exactly what we felt too. There is so much about this venue that makes it stand out from everything else we viewed....the Grand ballroom, the bridal suite, two gardens...these are just a few! I would most certainly recommend The Braselton-Stover House! I do not think that there is any other venue that can hold a candle to it. Mrs. Mary and her husband Marvin were such a pleasure to work with. They never minded us stopping by unscheduled and they always welcomed us with open arms!

If you are looking for the perfect place to hold your event, you must book The Braselton-Stover House! I guarantee you will not be disappointed and it will most certianly be the best day of your life!

Thank you Mary for making my wedding day the best day it could possible be!

Sent on 06/25/2009

Allison · Married on 10/21/2017

Beautiful venue, Laura was extremely helpful. We had our wedding in the garden and the pictures turned out amazing. I couldn't have been happier! Our guests complimented on the venue's charming feel.

Sent on 03/11/2018

Betsy · Married on 11/19/2011

I just want to say how please my husband and I are for choosing the Braselton-Stover House for our wedding and reception. Mary and Marvin went above and beyond to help us with everything. The wedding was absolutely beautiful. Not only is the place gorgeous, Mary is so helpful with the planning. You pay for a venue, but you get Mary to help you with the planning. She has been in the business for a long time, and knows the best way to get things done, and if you have a budget to work with, she can also help with this. It may not always be what you want to hear, but that is part of planning a wedding. Dont expect her to do everything, that is your job, since it is your wedding. I had everything i wanted decoration wise, and gave it to her at the rehearsal. She had everything arranged perfectly. The place is a little pricey for just a venue (I also rented linens from them), but you save a TON of money by the ability to choose your own caterers, cake, florist, and mostly BYOB! You will not be disappointed. I had my out-of-town guests stay at Chateau Elon and used Georgia Trolley Services for transportation. It was just a memorable day, and all my guests cant stop talking about what an amazing wedding and party we had. Thank you Mary and Marvin!

Sent on 12/09/2011

Laura · Married on 04/16/2011

This is a excellent venue. Mary has been in this business for a very long time and really knows what she is doing. They are not one of those venues where you have to use their vendors. They give you a list of prefered vendors that you can use but you can pull in anyone else you know of. The biggest challenge is sharing the venue with another wedding that day (one in the morning and one in the evening) but the way Mary has it organized scrubbing works out very well.

Sent on 04/30/2011