Brant Bender Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

• Jennifer
    Jennifer M. Married on 05/28/2022

Above and beyond!

Brant was an absolute pleasure to work with, he captured the most amazing shots of our special day. The photographs are incredible but working with Brant was a dream throughout! We organized everything from the UK and nothing was a problem or to much to ask!
    His skill and experience shone through and he was always in the right place at the right time and captured incredible memories from our wedding day. Brant we cannot thank you enough your talent and personal skills got the job done to an outrageously high standard!
    Alex W. Married on 05/13/2022

Pick Brant - you won't regret it

Brant is awesome - very responsive and a clear communicator, so everyone's well prepared in advance to make sure you get all the photos you want on your wedding day. His photos are really amazing - the shots of my wife and I really capture our expressions in a way that make you feel the joy of the day. The candids are even better - we had cornhole at our wedding, and he got some photos of people playing that look like they were shot by professional sports photographers.

Brant is an amazing photographer and an absolute pleasure to work with - you should definitely hire him for your wedding!
    Jessica K. Married on 01/15/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

the best photographer we could have asked for!

I cannot say enough about how amazing Brant was to work with. From the first introduction video he delivered to get to know him to the day my husband and I said "I do", he made us feel extremely comfortable. His presence kept us at ease during our engagement shoot as well as on our wedding day, with a great second shooter to accompany him. Brant is by far the best photographer I have worked with as he made the wedding spotlight feel natural! For all our photography needs in the future, Brant will be my first call!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Madison
    Madison Married on 12/02/2021

Washington Wedding 12.02.21

My husband and I used Brant and his assistant for our wedding last week on 12/02/21 in Downtown San Diego. Brant arrived early, got setup, and was ready to go when I arrived on scene. He and I communicated regularly since May 2021 when I found him and hired him immediately. I am a bit of a control freak, so it was amazing to have Brant answer my emails, texts, and calls quickly. He was funny, direct, and kind. I don't even have any photos back yet, but I just know from his reputation and demeanor and the day we had, that they will be absolutely amazing. You will not be disappointed when you hire Brant and his staff.
  • Eric
    Eric W. Married on 10/23/2021

Fun and Great Photographer

Brant was a joy to work with! My wife and I are not the most comfortable being in front of the camera and center of attention but Brant’s fun and relaxed attitude put us both at ease. Our first session with Brant was engagement photos along the beach at Torrey Pines and right away after meeting I felt confident that he’d capture the important moments during our big day. Like many 2020 couples we had to postpone our ceremony to 2021 and Brant was flexible to follow us as our ceremony date changed.
    Brant, and his second Heather, did a wonderful job at our wedding getting the unique moments as they popped up throughout the day. It all seems like a blur and we are very happy to have hired Brant Bender to record it all. The quality of the photos are amazing and I appreciate the quantity of photos we were given, we have plenty to pick our favorites from.
    The hosting website looks great and it makes it very simple to share our photos with family members. I appreciate the simple to navigate interface for its ease of use and functionality.
    Thanks Brant and Heather for doing an amazing job at our wedding and making the day that much more memorable! I think Brant was having as much fun as us during the day’s events.
    Shannon T. Married on 07/23/2021

Brant is the Best!

We found Brant through a mutual contact and to say that it was a blessing is an understatement. After our initial phone call with Brant it was clear he was the photographer for us. He was kind, funny, and was able to make sure all of our needs were met.

We met him for the first time for our engagement shoot at the beach and he made our experience so easy and so much fun. He made us feel comfortable and made us laugh which made us feel relaxed and confident. The photos turned out stunning and we knew we hired the right person to make our dream wedding a reality.

While preparing for the wedding he was quick to respond to our questions and made sure we knew the timelines and had our photo lists prepared for the big day. When the wedding day came he made everything so easy and relaxed. He was prepared and made everyone feel comfortable and confident. Our special day was captured so beautifully by Brant and we were brought to tears by how perfectly he captured our special day. Brant was so amazing and we will be using him for any other photography needs we have in the future.
    Leandra L. Married on 06/12/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best Wedding Photographer In SD!

To all couples looking for a photographer to make your day magical, go with Brant Bender Photography! Brant is SO personable and great energy to be around, especially on your wedding day. He makes you feel so comfortable and is so funny too! The pictures came out so amazing, so many details he captured and so many beautiful memories we now have. When I say Brant went above and beyond, that is an understatement, he was amazing and his team was awesome. Very pleased to have worked with them and the pictures came out beautifully!
  • Megen
    Megen O. Married on 06/04/2021

Best Photographer EVER!

Brant is the photographer a bride dreams of for her wedding day. Every single wish I had for my wedding photos was made true by Brant and his team! Even better? His kindness, humor, energy, enthusiasm, and sheer fun throughout the entire day made the day itself significantly happier, filled with laughter, and an absolute blast! Seriously, I had so. Much. Fun on my wedding day, and I know a HUGE portion of that is thanks to Brant and his team. The photos are stunningly beautiful—I couldn’t have envisioned lovelier pictures! The day rushed by for me, so getting to see and spend time with the gorgeous pictures he took makes my heart sing. I’m beyond grateful to revisit and experience the moments of my wedding day, and it’s truly thanks to the pictures he took. I’m so, so thankful to Brant for being there to take photographs during my wedding day, and I’m even more thankful to him for making the day so wonderful. Best photographer EVER! I recommend him for any event, especially weddings! :D
    Krista H. Married on 04/17/2021

Impeccable photography

We don’t know where to begin in terms of how special our wedding photography experiences with Brant have been.

Photography was our biggest priority in terms of wedding vendor selection and we were so impressed when we saw Brant’s photography online. First off, when we had our intro call with Brant, his attention to detail was so clear to us. We were so impressed that he spent so much time getting to know us and our wedding style. This was a big differentiator for us and was something other photographers missed the mark on. His photography is impeccable and his genuine nature sealed the deal for us.

Then, for our engagement photos, Brant spent so much time with us capturing our personalities and the scenery. Many of our family and friends commented on what a great job Brant did and were amazed at the variety of photos Brant took. We so much enjoyed our engagement photo session. Brant is a pro and at the same time made our photoshoot feel comfortable and natural. It felt like we were just visiting with an old friend, which was important because my fiancé was less enthusiastic about engagement photos than me!

Onto our big day, our wedding photos were absolutely stunning. Brant went above and beyond to ensure we captured everything on our photography wish list and much more! Many of our guests noticed and complimented how hard our photography team worked on our wedding day. Our married friends were slightly envious of how many beautiful photographs we got from our special day!

Our wedding and engagement photos are a testament to Brant’s talent and work ethic. We will always cherish our photos with Brant and look forward to working with Brant for future family photos.

Brant, thank you for all your hard work and talent. You captured our special day perfectly. On top of that, you are one of the kindest, most genuine humans we have ever had the pleasure of meeting. You were an absolute joy to work with and we cannot wait to work with you for our future family portraits.
    Michelle M. Married on 04/03/2021

He was amazing!

Brant was super easy to work with and was very supportive during the planning process. We just got our photos back and they blew us away! We had lots of fun when he was shooting us and he was able to capture so many special moments during our entire wedding!
    Leslie T. Married on 11/01/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Brant Bender captured our love story perfectly!!

A wedding photographer plays such a crucial role in your special day- you can’t go wrong with Brant Bender! We struck gold with Brant! He captured our unique love story with style and fun! Despite us living out of state, he made it a point to get to know us and our preferences, style, and personalities all before our big day. We love how he was able to deliver a contemporary, yet classic feel to our photos. He had the formidable task of being both a wedding photographer and family photographer; he had to photograph our very young active children who were a big part of our wedding in January 2020. We asked him to capture our children’s perspectives of the event and he absolutely nailed it! From that special first look with my boys to group family photos to detailing the theme and essence of our wedding- he was able to thoroughly and creatively capture it all! And his write-up/blog of our wedding on his website was such a surprise and treat! Proof that he loves what he does. I am so grateful for the work he and his team did to document every detail of our very special day! My only regret is that we don’t live in San Diego- I wish he could also be our family photographer for other occasions.
  • Tiffany
    Tiffany Married on 10/10/2020

Amazing Brant!!!

Brant and his team were very professional and responsive from the minute I reached out on his website. I was panicking to find a replacement photographer with my wedding only 3 weeks away (my originally booked photographer canceled due to a family emergency). Brant and his team came to the rescue and he was so organized with questionnaires to capture my vision and organize the shot list, which made our day flow smoothly. Brant and his team communicated so effectively to get all of our family shots and transitions in and on schedule. Brant's assistants also helped with professional equipment for the sun/shade shots at sunset cliffs, which all turned out so beautifully. At our reception, Brant was very mindful of making sure we captured the sunset shots as we crossed under the Coronado bridge and all of the important shots throughout the reception, he kept us on track with timing! Brant's edited pics were ready a few weeks later and all uploaded to a wonderful and user friendly photo gallery where I could download all of the pics in high resolution. 100 stars for Brant and his amazing team!!! Highly recommended!!!
  • Christine
    Christine M. Married on 08/22/2020

Exceptional photographer

Brant Bender is an exceptional wedding photographer. I reached out to Brant as he was listed as a preferred vendor for our venue. I was so impressed when he quickly got back to me and with a video message and a portfolio of wedding pictures he had previously shot at our venue. The pictures were beautiful. I met with Brant in person at my venue and knew immediately that he was the guy for the job. Not only does Brant take stunning photos, he is also a joy of a human being. He was so friendly and charismatic that I knew he would be a great fit for us. He was also very accommodating when we had to postpone on our wedding due to Covid. During these crazy times you really want to have vendors who are dependable and reliable. Brant was so quick to always get back to me as things were constantly changing while planning a wedding during a pandemic. When the big day finally arrived, we were overjoyed to have him and his assistant with us. I am a person who hates having my picture taken and have never had professional photos done. I was worried about knowing what to do or how to pose. Brant made me feel completely at ease that day. He gives great direction and brings an upbeat positive vibe that will take all that fear away. When we received our photos (it only took 3 weeks by the way! WOW!) I felt so beautiful and this is coming from someone with a lot of insecurities. Everything he captured was simply stunning. It’s funny that you spend so much time and effort into planning the smallest details for your wedding and it goes by so fast that you don’t have time to appreciate your work. Thankfully, Brant took so many pictures of all of the details and work I put into the wedding that now I can look back at these pictures and relive and remember all of those things. I really can’t recommend him enough. Having a great photographer is one of the most important things you need for your wedding. I am so happy we went with Brant Bender as our photographer. We will forever cherish all of his beautiful work!
  • Taylor
    Taylor E. Married on 07/04/2020

Best Photographer!

Brant did our engagement and wedding pictures. His professionalism and expertise gave my wife and myself memories that will last a lifetime. We couldn't be more grateful for all the great memories that Brant capture for us and our families. We highly recommend him to capture your memories as well.
    Kyle M. Married on 06/30/2020

Humorous, effective, innovative

Bride/groom separated (pre wedding) and they had two awesome photographers leading us around setting up shots. Awesome and easy
    Hannah T. Married on 06/27/2020

Amazing and Fun!!

We are so happy with our choice of Brant for our wedding day and engagement shoot photography! We weren't planning on doing an engagement shoot, but Brant made us an excellent offer and we were thrilled with how those photos came out! Brant makes you instantly comfortable, and is fun through the whole day. He cracks jokes so you are sure to have a genuine smile in your photos, even if you feel a bit uncomfortable being center stage in a photo shoot at first. He also lets you do whatever silly, zany thing you feel like doing and captures it beautifully. We are so thrilled with how he captured our day and love sharing our photos with anyone who will look at them! Highly recommend.
  • Douglas
    Douglas P. Married on 01/25/2020

Brant Bender

Brant did a fabulous job putting together a truly top-notch photography deliverable. He had a professional team of photographers and lighting to support his efforts and choreographed many different wedding settings and moments throughout a long day. He was also an incredibly ebullient as well as just flat out helpful person to interact with on every level.
  • Vanessa
    Vanessa L. Married on 01/17/2020

Engagement and Wedding Sessions

Brant is absolutely AMAZING! He was responsive, followed up, was incredibly communicative, and provided our photos when he said he would. He did an amazing job at capturing so many wonderful moments, genuine candid moments, and most of all the love my husband and I have for one another. He is so incredibly professional but also fun, relaxed, and totally got us! I felt like we knew him forever! We didn’t have to think about any pose ideas as he knew exactly how to stage us and encouraged us to have fun! We felt like we could be ourselves and he captured us perfectly! Our photos are amazing! I could not believe it when we saw the sneak peek photos and know our final wedding day photos will be PERFECT & AMAZING! Amazing photos that we will cherish forever! I would highly recommend Brant for your photography needs. We will definitely be reaching out to him for future photo sessions!
  • Hailey
    Hailey B. Married on 10/12/2019

Most amazing photographer!!!

If you are looking for an amazing, helpful and just awesome photographer you just found him!! He was so easy to work with and really takes the most amazing photos you have ever seen, I could not imagine using any but him! Please just hire him already and you will thank me later!!
    Katy Married on 09/07/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Brant is simply the best!

Without a doubt, the best photographer I have ever worked with! I would invite Brant to any future special event of ours, not just to photograph, but as a part of the family! He is simply the best!
    Chris H. Married on 08/02/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Brant Bender photography at our San Diego Safari Park wedding.

Brant and his team provided excellent service leading up to, on our wedding day and in the weeks following. We are very happy with the results and would not hesitate to recommend Brant Bender Photography.
    Nancy H. Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing memories made with Brant Bender Photography

We were married this past June at the Bernardo Winery. It is a gorgeous venue and Brant captured our moments absolutely beautifully. When we saw the photos, we felt like we were re-living the entire day. There are so many things you miss as the bride, not seeing your guests arrive or what the surroundings look like before everyone arrives. I was in awe when I saw his photos and how beautiful it all was. Thank you Brant for your amazing talent, it was so wonderful working with you.
    Robert M. Married on 03/30/2019

All around awesome!

Brant brought a high level of energy and knowledge the day of the wedding that I'm not sure any other photographer could. Pictures turned out great and couldn't have asked for anything else from him.
  • Hannah
    Hannah R. Married on 01/04/2019

The best choice

Brant was incredibly friendly, personable and calming. He confidently organized and took amazing photos that came out even better than imagined!! Our families are so in love with all the pictures, we will treasure them forever!
    Kieche O. Married on 11/09/2018

Professional, easy, and fun

Brant was just great to work with from start to finish. Before the wedding he met with me and the site coordinator at the SD Safari Park to go over details for the wedding which was very helpful, since I had no idea what I was doing. He gave great advice and he and his assistant were on the scene, on time and ready to go on our wedding day.

We did a first look since our cocktail hour involved an animal presentation which would leave little room for bride and groom photos. I think he and his assistant, Danica, did a great job getting a feel of our personality and what we would like. I also felt he did an excellent job of taking photos without being intrusive during the ceremony. But, on that same note, I also really liked that it looked like he had a fun time during the reception and was great dancer. I had several guests comment on how fun he was and that's what I cared about most.

There are so many photos I want to share to show examples of his work, but there would be too many to post. It was really fun to see the shots of our guests having a good time. Actually, I have several nice photos of my friends and family that I plan on getting prints of for gifts. I highly recommend Brant and if I ever have another occasion (maybe holiday photos with our cats next year?) I will be calling him.
illustration stars