Braemar Country Club Reviews

47 | Tarzana, CA

47 Reviews for Braemar Country Club

Noelle · Married on 07/30/2017

I had my wedding at the Braemar Country Club on Sunday, July 30, 2017. Carole Phillips coordinated the event. The wedding was even more amazing that what I had imagined. I looked at a lot of venues in the valley, and I don't believe that I could have found a better place for the price. The view are unbeatable. The food, appetizers and bar selection was good. The staff even cut our cake as part of the package deal. Carole always replied promptly to my questions of which there were many. I highly recommend the Braemar Country Club for your special event.

shalane · Married on 09/24/2016

I was the event coordiator for Lacreatia and Benny Bray's wedding. I was very pleased with the professional atmosphere and diligent employees. Everyone was extremely helpful and they made the atmosphere peaceful and comfortable.
    Christie was helpful, kind and professional each time we communicated. She was a pleasure to work with.
    I definintely look forward to working with your club in the future.

Braemar Country Club is an aesthetically beautiful venue. We had family and friends come from around the country and also from Brazil. Everyone commented on the beauty of the mountains surrounding Braemar. In addition, it was very easy to work with the Braemar staff. Joanne was very responsive and flexible. She did everything to make it a smooth experience for us. On the night of our party, the staff was prepared, organized, and were very friendly to all of our guests. Finally, there were a lot of different menu options and packages, creating many affordable options. Well worth the value!

April · Married on 03/29/2014

We loved this venue! They are very professional and accommodating. The service during the wedding was great. They made sure everything went smoothly which was a huge help on the day of. I would defiantly recommend this venue for any event.

Christina · Married on 03/22/2014

Absolutely Awesome!! I had my wedding here back in March and worked with Christie, it was great. She was so patient and accommodating. We had the ceremony (overlooking the golf course) and the reception (ballroom) for 100 ppl, the venue was just remodeled 2 yrs ago so everything is very clean, crisp and up to date. We looked around at many places throughout LA and for the price and the look of the venue this was the best place by far!!! Can I tell you as an added bonus the food was amazing, the portions, presentation and the flavor was above and beyond and wedding food I have ever had. Months later I still have people raving about the food and how much fun they had. You can check out my profile I uploaded some photos of the venue, I know when searching for a venue real life photo's help a lot. Please note these may not be my fav photo's of the day but I put up the ones that would give you a better idea of the venue.

Gisselle · Married on 11/23/2013

Christie is absolutely amazing - she is friendly, sweet, and very easy to work with. If I had any questions or problems she did everything in her power to make sure I was taken care of. I can't write enough great things about what a help she was in making our wedding a truly special event.

Also, on the night of our wedding, our captain (Ryan) and dedicated server (Coco) were wonderful to work with - they made sure things ran smoothly and easily. The rest of the evening's staff was equally professional and attentive.

Overall, fabulous service!

nina · Married on 10/26/2013

I was helping my sister and my brother in-law planning their wedding, and I was so pleased with service and care we got. they made everything possible and they were always available for us.
    The staff were very helpful,cheerful, the food was amazing and the views were breathtaking.
    Thank you Christie for all your help you went above and beyond, just to make this day go so smoothly and carefree. we had enjoyed every bit of it. looking forward for more events at Braemar.

We held our wedding (ceremony and reception) at Braemar Country Club in Tarzana on October 26, 2013. It was an amazing day with memories for a lifetime! Braemar is the ideal venue for a wedding, and the staff did a truly outstanding job in all aspects of our event! From the initial meetings with the event staff to the wedding day, all our needs were met, beyond our expectations.
    We worked with Rebecca and Christie - They both provided stellar service and worked tirelessly to plan and implement our event, including special requests! When the wedding day was approaching, we realized that we would not be able to host our rehearsal dinner at a nearby restaurant, nevertheless Christie came to our rescue and went out of her way to organize our rehearsal dinner at Braemar also. Of course, the rehearsal dinner was incredible too!
    At the wedding reception, our guests were amazed by the service and loved the food! The view of the golf course and the valley from the dinning room created a beautiful background for our candle-light dinner.
    We certainly recommend Braemar to everyone!

The venue was beautiful and the staff was very accommodating. Rebecca is the best!

May · Married on 09/01/2013

I am an independent Wedding Coordinator for a wedding at Braemar Country Club on Sunday, September 1, 2013. Both Rebecca Lazaro and Christie Bates (Private Events Managers) were a delight to work with. Preparing and coordinating a wedding can be extremely stressful and laborious, yet working with Rebecca and Christie, made it such a wonderful experience. Both event managers were very professional, prompt to respond to inquiries, very approachable and just simply exceptional in their field. Rebecca was a gem and a real asset for Braemar during our wedding preparations discussing all the wedding details. The bride, Maridy, was a bit stressed out since Rebecca was going to maternity leave a week before the wedding day. Rebecca assured the couple that Christie had great reviews as well with all her events. Sure enough, Christie was equally wonderful during the rehearsal and the day of the wedding. Christie was calm and composed, easy to work with, very responsive to requests and last minute changes, simply put - she's amazing! She played a great role in making the event a success!

The staffs at Braemar (Shauna, Brian, and Alfie) were very helpful and the level of service they provided on the wedding day was excellent. It was a very hot day in the valley and yet Shauna readily lent a hand in getting the wedding accessories from the car to the reception hall... and we are most grateful for that. Rare that you see staff go an extra mile but they all did! The servers and bartender were all courteous and prompt, overall everyone at Braemar was wonderful and a joy to work with. I certainly will recommend Braemar to future clients!

I am a wedding and event planner and have worked with Braemar Country Club on several occasions. My clients and I are thrilled with the service and venue. The director of private events, Joanne Rita, is an absolute pleasure to work with. She is very helpful, accommodating and a true professional along with her entire staff. I highly recommend this venue.

Rebecca was amazing to work with!

• User3193432 · 2+ years ago

I am a wedding planner and work with many different venues and catering managers. Rebecca and Joanne at Braemar CC along with their staff members are very professional and accommodated the clients needs to make sure they were happy. Very easy to communicate with and they responded quickly to any questions or requests i had.
    It was a truly pleasure working with you
    Vanessa Domenech
    Wedding Planner at "Best Dream Weddings"

Mina · Married on 02/17/2013

My wedding was perfect. The event manager Rebecca was awesome! Great staff and excellent service. Reasonable prices and beautiful view. I would highly recommend Braemar Country Club for any special event.

Maureen · Married on 09/08/2012

We just recently got married at Braemar Country Club and Joanne Rita took care of us. Every time we went in to meet with her she found different ways to improve our event without extra cost. She had great ideas and saved us a lot of money by proposing alternatives to the things we wanted to do. I would highly recommend this place, its not only beautiful but its an amazing value for the money. The food is fantastic and our package included open bar for 4 hours (which was a major bonus)

My husband and i had the time of our lives and i have not heard anything but amazing things from all of our guests.

Jeremy · Married on 07/27/2012

My wife and I got married on July 27, 2012 at Braemar Country Club in Tarzana, CA. It was flat-out the best decision we could've made. The Venue is amazing...from the view at the ceremony site to awesome and spacious reception room. We worked with Rebecca and she made the process so easy on us...was easy to schedule pre-wedding appointments, she was prompt in answering every e-mail and got us a great rate. It was the best night of our lives and we definitely recommend having your wedding (or any reception) at Braemar!

The only sad part was the night went by too fast!

Lisa · Married on 07/23/2012

Joanne Rita made my daughters wedding the best day of her life. She went above and beyond expectations. Joanne and the Staff were simply amazing. Every little detail and anything we needed was taken care of with no questions asked. The entire wedding and the service was unbelievable. I would highly recommend Joanne, the entire Staff and Braemar Country Club as a wedding venue.

-Lisa Jacobsen

L · Married on 07/21/2012

Joanne Rita @ Braemar Country Club was amazingly helpful and went out of her way for our wedding planning and day! The service provided by Braemar Country Club was above and beyond expectations. This is a wonderful venue with amazing views and picture perfect settings! We would recommend checking Braemar out for your wedding or event! Joanne is awesome and she will take care of you!

Mario · Married on 07/13/2012

Vendor shows, Event staff was amazing. Rebecca was a delight to work with very flexible with dates and up to the last few hours prior to wedding when we changed our guest count.

• Tina

Tina · Married on 07/07/2012

Rebecca was very lovely to work with! She always made everything work! For example, I wanted the grand piano for a performance to my husband and she made it happen even when it seemed impossible to fit with 200 guests! Everyone loved the amazing view and delicious food! Our friends are actually looking to have their daughter's one year old party there! We would recommend this venue for any event, and ask for Rebecca! She's wonderful!!!

• wilma

wilma · Married on 05/05/2012

Braemar Country Club is the best country club we ever been to. We attended several weddings else where but nothing can compare to the professionalism and dedication of this venue. The event coordinator (Rebecca Lazaro) went above and beyond to meet our needs and expectations. She worked very well with me specially to make sure I have everything I might and will need, answers all my questions and made us feel very welcome. The staff are very friendly, they attend to our guest very efficiently. The food were great. all my guest commended the Salmon top with shrimp and miso sauce and the Chicken dish. One last thing, It was great that they allow us drop off our boxes of goodies for favors, Jars for candy stations, etc days before the wedding so we don't have to carry stuff and assemble anything on that day so we had enough time to make sure we have everything we need. I highly recommended Braemar Country Club for any venue

Talya · Married on 12/28/2011

Braemar is the perfect place to have a wedding. Our ceremony took place right as the sun was setting, and it was absolutely stunning. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect place. The staff is wonderful and very helpful and warm. The food is delicious. I had the best time, better than I could have ever imagined. Thank you so much to the Braemar team for making my wedding easy and simply wonderful.

Joni · Married on 10/30/2011

I absolutely LOVE Braemar. Rebecca was fabulous. She was informative and helpful. A wedding is a very costly event and she was very respectful of my budget and did not try to "up sell" us on anything. She helped us find exactly what we wanted within our budget. She was very responsive when I called or emailed, I never had to chase her down to get a response. I think Braemar was one of the best values of the entire wedding. They have an absolutely beautiful location, the reception space is very neutral in color, and was large, clean and well maintained. No crazy decor that we had to decorate around. The wedding party was able to prepare in spacious locker rooms with ample seating area with tables and couches. And when we had an emergency with the groom who had a severe allergic reaction immediately following the ceremony, Braemar handled the situation calmly, quietly and professionally so that no guests were alarmed when the paramedics arrived. Paramedics were ushered through the back so that most of the guests never knew until the announcement was made later that the groom had to be taken to the emergency room! I have one more daughter to go (hopefullly not for at least 10 more years as she is still a teenager) and I will absolutely call on Braemar again.

Debi · Married on 08/28/2011

My wedding day was absolutely perfect! Rebecca at Braemar always responded to questions I had immediately, which made planning with other vendors and putting everything together that much easier. The grounds and scenery are absolutely gorgeous; the photos turned out amazing and everyone had a great time! I wish I could do this all over again just so this perfect day would last longer!