Bradford House and Gardens Reviews

2.5
      3.5
      3.0
      2.0

The venue itself is beautiful. Our guests raved about how pretty it was. The problems we had were with the management staff. They were very unorganized. They lost a payment, confused me with other brides repeatedly, and every meeting we had they had changed plans that we had made previously. If you use them, be organized, take notes at every meeting because they don't and stay on top of them. Susan ran our rehearsal. My wedding party was very concerned about how the weeding day would go because she was so scattered. She called my husband by the wrong name and was confused the whole time. Even the day before the wedding she still had things wrong and we had to correct her. It was a very stressful planning process. The actually wedding went smoothly but I credit that to how thorough I had planned everything and my amazing DJ that ran everything. I would make sure you have someone else in charge to run the day because the management staff is not reliable. The food was adequate, nothing like the tasting we had before the wedding. The came was delicious, even a week after the wedding. They did not cut the groom's cake at all, just boxed it back up. My mom was mad because she had paid so kuch for it. The servers at dinner were so helpful and friendly. In closing, the Bradford House is a good price for what you get. Make sure you are organized and triple check everything.

Sent on 06/22/2014

1.5
      0.5
      0.5

Beware to anyone planning a wedding or any type event at the Bradford House and Gardens! Although the house, pavilion, gazebo and gardens are pretty and yield nice pictures, dealing with the 2 women who run the place is so stressful that you will wish you never heard of this venue! They are so nice and accommodating until they get the $1500 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit from you. After that they continually assure you that they are there to make your wonderful day stress-free, while in reality they become the biggest stressor of all the planning process. On several occasions, Debbie or Susan would tell me one thing then deny having said it. It got to the point that I didn't know what to believe or trust. The worst thing that happened was their misrepresenting that they could provide alcohol. Four days before my wedding, I received an email from Debbie (the owner) saying that they didn't have a liquor license and that I would have to provide my own beer, wine and champagne.
    She never even apologized for this. We had paid in advance for the alcohol and the service. However, she found reasons to keep most of the money even though we had to supply the beverages!

One thing you can believe them about: When they say they will pull the plug on your DJ, they will. We had paid to rent the venue until 10pm. At 9:47, during the last song and without any regard to the damage she may have caused to the DJ's equipment, Debbie jerked the plug out of the wall yielding an abrupt ending to our reception. She then had a sheriff's deputy stand in the middle of our formal event, whistle like a redneck and shout "Everybody Out". This all occurred before 10pm. Speaking of formal, everyone was dressed appropriately (including the waitstaff) except for Susan and Debbie. They were both dressed in slouchy attire and Susan was clad in white clunky tennis shoes! What would be cool pictures of my son and me (he walked me down the aisle) are ruined by Debbie who insisted on carrying my train.

Sent on 11/03/2013

Bradford House and Gardens's reply:

I am sorry to hear, after this period of time that you were unhappy with the services we provided for your wedding and reception. As we went through the planning process with you, it was never apparent nor suggested that we had, in fact, made the process more stressful for you. Based on the many reviews and comments made by other clients, and our commitment to making our clients’ wedding and receptions everything they hope for, I am taken aback and concerned that you had the opposite experience. Sometimes we hear that when the bride assumes the responsibility of arranging for all of her services, without our assistance,as opposed to using an all-inclusive package, it does become a bit more stressful.

There was one thing that I do regret regarding your wedding and reception and the rest I do not feel the need to respond to. According to our contract, your reception was to end, with everyone off premises by 10pm. The 10pm ending time was at your and Jeff’s insistence that you would not need the full time we usually provide, due to your need to cut costs. As stipulated in your contract, the DJ and alcohol were to end 30 minutes prior to the end of the contract. When your DJ was asked to end the music repeatedly by both my staff members and then myself, he refused. In spite of the fact that I had personally spoken with him weeks before the event, and he was clear of the time he had to end, he adamantly refused to abide by our requests. While I did not ever touch his equipment, plug, etc., I told him that I would have to get our security in to make him do so. At that time, he ended the song that was playing.

I was sorry that the evening ended as it did but, given the fact that we had discussed the contract ending time on several occasions, and staff had been scheduled accordingly, we had no recourse but to have our Security Officer intervene when you and your guests refused to end the evening.

I do wish you and Jeff the best.
    Debbie

Lauren · Married on 03/22/2008

1.5
      0.0

I was so excited to book my wedding with the Bradford House & Gardens. However, while the venue itself is very pretty and the food was good, the so-called "wedding coordinator" (her name is Susan) did a HORRIBLE job, promising far more than she actually delivered on my wedding day. Before the wedding, Susan seemed very helpful and accomodating. I felt very confident that I would be well taken care of on our special day. However, she failed to coordinate my cake-cutting, our entrance to the reception, the toasts, or our transition between the ceremony and reception. We paid $300 extra for her day-of-the-wedding services, but it was a total waste. The ONLY thing she stuck around for was the entrance to the ceremony. After that, she was nowhere to be found!! For example, she was supposed to have all our toasting glasses passed out to our guests before the toasts were made, but it was not taken care of until my mother went into the kitchen and asked the waitstaff what was going on. Not even they knew where to find Susan. Our DJ had to take over completely and totally saved the day for us. When my mother confronted Debbie (who runs the Bradford House) after the wedding, she verbally attacked my mother and refused to refund the $300 coordination fee. Also, the Bradford House staff hung around just watching our photos being taken, and are standing in the background of all of them! We had to photoshop them out. If you choose to use the Bradford House, be prepared for a totally unprofessional environment, little to no organization, and a very difficult pair of women running things (Debbie and Susan, who are evidently sisters, too...surprise!). Food is good, the cake was okay (they will provide the cake, but offer a very limited selection), but at least the venue is pretty.
    Good luck!