Brad Barnwell Photography Reviews

Brad Barnwell Photography 6
Brad Barnwell Photography 7

Hannah Mcbee · Getting married on 03/04/2021

Brad is our hero!

For two camera shy, ultra private people, Brad came into our lives and now we never want him to leave! Brad has a natural, effortless way of making even the most nervous brides (and there were two) feel comfortable.
    Brad is intuitive and insightful and puts your photography goals at the forefront of his mind and then delicately brings you back to them when you forget (ex: “let’s do a sparkler photo because you wanted one, I know you are tired, but this will be worth it,” and it was).
    He is a creative, artistic, talented professional who is warm, kind and easy going. He’s also really fun.
    Brad is affirming for the LGBTQIA population. He is accepting, open, cool and kind. Not everyone at our wedding supported us, and Brad was quick to assess and mitigate much of the tension that was present. He quickly picked up on these things and rescued, helped, and assisted the people that needed it. Including us at times!
    We will use Brad for every major life moment we want to capture because we trust him, and because he is so incredibly talented.
    Brad is a huge supporter of love. And love is love.
    Brad is our hero.
    C&H

Sent on 06/05/2019

Kristin Bendit · Married on 09/14/2019

Seriously THE best

Brad is absolutely amazing. He is 100% engaged with you and your event, and knows how to “run the show” if need be. He made us feel completely comfortable and we just all around a great guy. We will be using him in the future !

Brad Barnwell Photography 8
    Brad Barnwell Photography 9
    Brad Barnwell Photography 10
  • Cassie

Cassie Wilkinson · Married on 08/31/2019

Captures the joy and romance of your big day!

Brad is amazing to work with and we loved every minute. He was able to capture the joy and romance of our day with a modern twist. From the moment we started talking with Brad, he worked to see what was important to us for our big day. He asked questions from everything about the vibe to our level of stress. He offered great feedback for our timeline and suggested must have photos. One of our favorite shots from the wedding was of everyone, I mean literally everyone from the wedding, on the dance floor. He even dropped himself into high grass and weeds on a battlefield. He truly gives of himself to make sure that you get every magic moment of your day. You feel like you are in a magazine. Every day I look at the pictures and they make me smile.

Brad Barnwell Photography 11
    Brad Barnwell Photography 12
  • Kristen

Kristen Downs · Married on 07/19/2019

The Best of the Best!

From the moment I saw Brad's work I knew I wanted him to be apart of our journey. Brad was nothing short of encouraging, accommodating, and dependable. He was very professional throughout the whole experience while making us feel like he was apart of the family or a best friend. From start to finish Brad had his entire focus into every part of the experience without skipping a beat. Without even being asked Brad captured moments I didn't even think about or speak about before hand.

The amount of love Brad has for his work continued to show with the dedication he has for his clinics. He took every ounce of my visions and mastered them into real life with so much more then I could dream of. It was such a great experience having Brad with us on our big day and with each photograph that we have his work ethic and passion shines through. Brad took the time to stay just a little longer for our send off and even explored the venue space to help make our set up extra special. With so many different moments that go on during a wedding the ONE compliment I continue to get to this day is how fantastic our photographer was. I cannot THANK Brad enough for the amazing work and memories he has provided my family for many many years to come. I can't recommend this guy enough!

Sent on 09/25/2019
    Brad Barnwell Photography 13
    Brad Barnwell Photography 14
    Brad Barnwell Photography 15
  • Emily

Emily Fisch · Married on 06/22/2019

Brad is so much more then a photographer!

Brad photographed our wedding in June 2019 as well as so many family and friends weddings. Brad traveled all the way to Colorado to photograph our wedding. I think Brad is very affordable for the services given. He works so well with everyone else during the wedding and even helped us with our rehearsal when our day of coordinator couldn't be there the day before. We love Brad as much more then just a photographer. He has genuine fun at weddings and you can tell he fully enjoys his time. He goes above and beyond with everything he does in life, especially in his career. We can't recommend Brad enough to others.

Sent on 09/15/2019
    Brad Barnwell Photography 16

Haley · Married on 06/08/2019

#1 photographer in the DMV

Brad seized the day and had us feeling confident for our photos. He has a great eye and scoped out unique and beautiful spots in advance to photograph us in. He is also great with time management and had us where we needed to be throughout the day. He even provided sample photos the day after the wedding which was completely unexpected! Brad is by far the best wedding day enthusiast we could have imagined.

Would highly recommend!!

Brad Barnwell Photography 17
    Brad Barnwell Photography 18

Chandini Narang · Married on 06/01/2019

Brad is amazing!!!!

Brad was such an accommodating, funny, great guy! He really listened to what we wanted and made our vision a reality. I couldn’t have ever asked for a better photographer than him for my wedding day! We will cherish our perfect photos forever!

Sent on 06/17/2019
    Brad Barnwell Photography 19
    Brad Barnwell Photography 20
    Brad Barnwell Photography 21
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 05/26/2019

Highly Recommend! Brad is the BEST!

I knew long before I even met my husband that on my wedding day, Brad would be the photographer. He came into my life at my older sister's wedding in 2012. Brad was immediately like family. He fit right in, was easy to talk to, and a fun addition to the party all while being super professional. Brad went on to shoot my older sister's maternity photos, another sister's engagement photos, and her wedding soon after- each time blowing our minds with his talented eye for getting the best photos.

Finally when it was my turn, Brad was a no brainer. While taking our engagement photos, Brad spent the day with us as we traveled all around Fells Point and Federal Hill to our favorite spots. He even found us tickets to an Orioles game so we could complete our vision of a Baltimore themed shoot. Before the wedding, Brad made it a priority to tour the venue with us to be sure he knew our hopes and wishes for the big day and where all the best spots for photos would be. Brad also met with our coordinator that day and brought up questions and scenarios that had not even crossed my mind.

On the day of the wedding, Brad was more than a photographer. He stepped up and did whatever he could to help us, our families, and the bridal party. Brad was helping with dresses, ties, flowers, decor, and much more. It was easy to see that Brad genuinely wanted us to have the best day of our lives. During our wedding reception, there was a 20 minute period, where a guest had caused a scene near the dance floor. It was Brad who knew to take us away from the craziness so we could have a moment to ourselves to regroup and remember what the day was all about. We will never be able to thank him enough for all that he did to support us that day and for the absolutely beautiful images he captured. We will cherish them forever. Brad is truly the best of the best.

Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Margaret

Margaret · Married on 05/18/2019

Brad is THE BEST!!!!!

My husband and I got married on May 18 ,2019 and Brad was our photographer. As soon as I started wedding planning, I knew I wanted to have Brad as our photographer as he has photographed so many peoples special life events that my husband and I know and his work is amazing. After initially reaching out to Brad, he wanted to set up a FaceTime call with us to get to know us better before we booked him and for us to do the same. He was so personable and professional and my husband and I knew we had to book him immediately.

Over the course of the following year, Brad would check in with me to see how planning was going and provided me with templates and examples to use to plan our photographer shot list and “Run of Show” for the wedding. I was my own wedding planning, so this helped me out so much! A month or so before our wedding (we live in different states so only time we could coordinate to do this) Brad met with us and we did a walk through of all of the possible places we could get photos in the day of our wedding.
    It really helped me visualize what I wanted and it was nice to spend quality time with our photographer and for us all to feel comfortable working with each other. Brad went above and beyond the entire year before our wedding and it didn’t stop there!

On the evening of our rehearsal, Brad attended to understand how the flow of the ceremony would be and ultimately took on the role of photographer and wedding coordinator. My husband and I along with our wedding party really had no clue how the rehearsal was supposed to go and for the first 20+ minutes were all just standing around (our venue didn’t provide an organizer). As soon as Brad got there he took the lead and lined up people and gave pointers to when everyone should walk in per our music and really saved the evening! To follow our rehearsal Brad even came to our rehearsal dinner and photographed all those special moments and got to know our family and friends. Brad did not have to come to the rehearsal dinner as this was not something we paid him to do, but he yet again went above and beyond and ended up providing us with a sleuth of additional photos I will cherish forever!

On the day of our wedding Brad hit the nail on the head again and surpassed all of our expectations. The photos Brad took were exceptionally beautiful and showcased the love my husband and I have so well. He was so easy to work and stayed later upon our request to photograph more of our reception. Brad is the best photographer I have ever met. His work is top notch and he goes out of his way to make sure your special day runs effortlessly.My cousin (who was in my wedding party) is getting married in 2020 and both her and her fiancé were so impressed with Brad have now booked him for their wedding! Both my husband and I would recommend Brad to anyone looking for a photographer to capture beautiful photos of a special moment or moments in their lives!

Sent on 07/26/2019
  • Marilyn

Marilyn · Married on 02/17/2019

He enhanced every moment of our special day!

If you are looking for a wedding photographer, look no further. Brad is the perfect fit for this job. He has an incredible eye for creativity, an array of suggestions, and a way of making everyone (and I mean everyone) feel comfortable as if you’ve known him for years. I found this out when he shot a friend’s wedding years ago. Which is why when I got engaged this summer, I knew that I wanted him to be part of our special day on February 16th. He made an amazing day even more spectacular.

Sent on 03/07/2019
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 02/09/2019

The best decision you’ll ever make (besides marrying the love of your life)!

Brad was the first vendor we hired when planning our wedding. We had worked with him in the past for family portraits, and for professional headshots, and knew instantly that he was the one to document our wedding day. It was our absolute pleasure/honor getting to work with him on such an important day for us. He came by our rehearsal dinner to meet the bridal party and family, and everyone instantly felt comfortable/at ease with him. It made the next day run so much smoother when it came time to do family photos, and made the process so fun/enjoyable despite how cold it was outside. I cannot stress enough how thoughtful and caring Brad was to every single one of our needs, and took on additional tasks to ensure the day went on without incident. We will be using Brad for any photography needs for the rest of eternity. Thanks Brad!

Sent on 02/17/2019
    Brad Barnwell Photography 22
    Brad Barnwell Photography 23
    Brad Barnwell Photography 24
    Brad Barnwell Photography 25
    Brad Barnwell Photography 26
  • Louis

Louis · Married on 01/27/2019

Artist and master of his craft

My husband and I hired Brad as our photographer for our wedding in March 2019. From the very beginning it was clear that Brad understood and could articulate our vision better than we could. The conversation was always easy and felt like we were building our vision together – very organic. He was extremely personable and professional throughout the entire process. He added an element of fun to an otherwise stressful activity.

Brad also went above and beyond in our engagement photoshoot. Being a gay couple our proposal was unorthodox. My husband had proposed about a year earlier but I wanted to propose to him as well. I told Brad that I wanted to use the engagement photoshoot to surprise my husband with my proposal. Not only was he onboard to take the action shots, but he was just as excited as I was and helped me pull it off without a hitch. He even came up with the code word we would use right before I took a knee! The photos from this shoot blew us away and shattered our expectations.

Following the engagement shoot we had full confidence that he was going to get amazing shots, both staged and candid, throughout our wedding. He did not disappoint! Brad is a true artist. He got shots we would have never thought to take in locations we would have never thought to take them. He took one silhouette photo that is so well composed that it would be better to call it a work of art than a wedding photograph.

Brad's talents go beyond photography. He even took control to help coordinate the event. He ensured we were where we needed to be when we needed to be there. He wrangled family members and friends to make sure there were where they needed to be so we would get the photos we wanted.

There aren’t enough words to say how much we enjoyed working with Brad, how impressed we were by him every step of the way, and how much we would recommend him to anyone. You would be a FOOL not to hire Brad.

Sent on 09/17/2019

Christian Sarvaideo · Married on 01/26/2019

Brad is the quintessential wedding photographer.

As a photographer, you’ll find no one better than Brad. He has a superb understanding of the art and it’s elements. His photographs exhibit an ability to bring out the essential qualities of his subjects, as well as elicit the emotions of the given moment.

But with Brad, you get more than a photographer, you receive a wedding planner and support system of sorts. He illustrates an eye for detail, a feel for the moment, and a taste of your exact aesthetic. He is a guide for any bride and groom, and a director for family, friends, and guests. He truly understands the importance of your big day (even your little moments) and puts his whole heart into making it as special as possible for you and your loved ones.

As a person, you’ll be lucky to find anyone as understanding, enthusiastic, hardworking and joyful as Brad. There truly is no better!

Sent on 03/05/2019
  • Kelsey

Kelsey Six · Married on 11/10/2018

Best day of our lives

When it came to who was going to photograph our wedding, there was no doubt in my mind it was going to be Brad. He not only is an amazing photographer, but his personality, professionalism and attention to detail are just a few of the qualities that make him amazing. I would recommend Brad to anybody that is looking for someone to photograph their big day. The day goes by in the blink of an eye, but I am so happy to have beautiful photos that captured every wonderful moment of the absolute best day of our lives.

Sent on 01/13/2019
    Brad Barnwell Photography 27
    Brad Barnwell Photography 28
    Brad Barnwell Photography 29
    Brad Barnwell Photography 30
  • Lucy

Lucy Grabenstein · Married on 11/03/2018

Brad is the BEST!

Brad is not only the best photographer we know, he is a part of the family now! Brad doesn’t just capture the true personality of the people he is shooting. He is also there for any of your requests! Like bringing a crochet needle to button up the back of my dress with ease, or getting the thirsty bride and groom a necessary drink :) He goes above and beyond because he genuinely cares about your special day. Brad is 100% professional and has a passion for what he is doing. It is fun to see him get excited when his vision for a shot comes to fruition; he gets so pumped with gitty jumps in the air. His photos reflect a youthful approach to the classic methods of photography. He gets the shot on site as to not have to edit on the computer to look perfect. He seems to make anyone look absolutely fabulous. If you are looking for a photographer for either an event or for commercial project Brad is your GO TO.

Sent on 12/06/2018

Katherine · Married on 10/20/2018

Married on 10/27/18

Brads talent is second to none...he has photographed my sister’s, my best friend’s and my very own wedding, and every time I have been more than impressed. He is creative, passionate and so much fun to work with. We flew Brad out to Colorado to shoot our mountain wedding and we are SO glad we did!! Pictures are priceless, and he is willing to do anything (literally-the man was hopping through streams just to get an awesome shot!) to capture your day the way you dreamed. I’d give him 10 stars if I could!

Sent on 12/05/2018
  • Bradley

Bradley Murphy · Married on 10/13/2018

Simply The Best!!!

Brad was truly amazing; from our engagement shoot to the wedding (and all leading up to it!) and Still!
    A wonderful sense of humor and a great personality make this man very easy to open up to and get comfortable in front of. His enthusiasm for making such wonderful memories and keepsakes for people really shows through in his always enthusiastic (and understanding!) guiding you to the next best picture.
    I would honestly recommend Brad to anyone. Not only are the pictures things my wife and I will cherish for ever, but they are done with such an artistic eye that it’s amazing to see how beautiful things can look through his lens.
    THANKS BRAD!!

Sent on 12/14/2018
    Brad Barnwell Photography 31
    Brad Barnwell Photography 32
    Brad Barnwell Photography 33

Jessica · Married on 10/06/2018

Excellent Photography and Coordination of Event Photos

Brad kept us on schedule for the rehearsal of ceremony, rehearsal dinner and throughout the wedding. He has an eye for detail and was able to give us outstanding photos of our big day. And he is fun and charming! He acted as our unofficial wedding coordinator by sticking to our agenda. We were really impressed and happy with our wedding day and photos due to Brad's excellent professional service.

Sent on 12/04/2018

Rachel · Married on 09/22/2018

Absolute Magic!

Brad Barnwell is a fabulous photographer and a magician. He is extremely detailed oriented, experienced, and well organized. We met several times, walked through the venue, and helped with the rehearsal too. Every detail was planned, including the timeline and wishlist of photos. He goes above and beyond! He stepped in when our reception started to go array and assisted as any problems came up. He spent the whole day with us, taking countless photos, and jumping in to help. Our friends and family adore him. Brad was a referral from a friend's wedding the year before, where he was perfection too. We have Brad to thank for a great experience. We always knew the photos were going to be amazing. His eye for detail and ability to capture the moment is unrivaled. We could not imagine trusting anyone else. We consider him family now. Thanks for everything, Brad! Needless to say, we love the photos, cannot wait to start sharing.

Sent on 11/25/2018

Victoria · Married on 05/26/2018

Brad was very easy to talk to and enthusiastic. A pleasure to work with. We got beautiful photos of my husband and as well as fun photos with friends and family. We photographed both sides of our family. He even got series of photos of my brother and sisters immediate family while we socializing with other guest. He is very flexible and came to meet us before the wedding to plan out where to take photos the day of. (Price was for 6 or 8 hours of photos cannot remember which)

Sent on 10/04/2018
    Brad Barnwell Photography 41
    Brad Barnwell Photography 42
    Brad Barnwell Photography 43

Sabrina · Married on 05/25/2018

Best Photographer in Frederick - you won't want anyone else, promise!

I cannot imagine our wedding without Brad! His photography skills are amazing and his ideas are always fun and innovative. The added bonus is that Brad has a wonderful personality - he is such a thoughtful and caring person who knows how to have a good time! Our bridal party absolutely loved having him around, he immediately meshed with everyone and became part of our crew- I even had guests take photos with him because he's just that fun and they felt like he was part of the guest list and not "just the photographer". He is beyond talented and so very good at timelines- he essentially acted as my coordinator, making sure we were on time -without stressing me out. I highly suggest him for any and all events, he'll make sure he gets the shots you want as well as so many you'd never think of asking for -which will end up being your favorites! My absolutely favorite thing is that Brad gives you ALL the photos, you get to see the moments between the poses and not just the perfect shots, it gives a more realistic perspective of the event - all the tiny moments that lead up to something are caught. Makes my heart happy to see those in-between moments that you wouldn't otherwise capture and may not remember if he hadn't snapped the picture. Dude is worth his weight in gold, my husband and I could not be happier - and my guests are stoked to have acquired a new friend!

Sent on 10/20/2018

Cerys · Married on 05/15/2018

Brad is overall an amazing photographer!! I didn’t really have any ideas for what pictures I wanted so I left it up to Brad and ended up loving every idea he had. He made sure everyone was comfortable and went out of his way to get the best angles and best lighting. We love having such amazing pictures to look back on. You will be very happy with your decision choosing Brad.

Sent on 10/01/2018
    Brad Barnwell Photography 44

Lori · Married on 12/10/2017

Brad's passion for photography is immediately noticed through his attention to detail & creativity. His energetic personality & interactions with our wedding party & guests had everyone raving about him. The wedding was just yesterday but he has sent us a sample of our photos & they are beautiful! I can't wait to see them all. Thank you Brad!

Sent on 12/11/2017
    Brad Barnwell Photography 45

Christine · Married on 11/26/2017

Brad is GENIUS! He took the most amazing pictures I have ever had taken, and was able to do it quickly and with such ease that all of us getting pictures taken were able to relax and enjoy the process. Brad was so helpful with remembering the details that were important to us and making sure he got all of the pictures we wanted. He was present for us on such an important day of our lives and felt like family before we even got started. He was able to catch candid pictures that I will forever treasure- in fact, he caught one of my husband looking at me as we walked down the aisle and captured such beautiful emotion in that one snapshot. He was a joy to be around and sent a sneak peak of pictures within a few hours. Brad was one of our best decisions- everyone told me the day would fly by, but to have someone who so beautifully captured the moments I never want to forget was priceless.

Sent on 12/03/2017

Sarah · Married on 11/18/2017

Brad was seriously amazing! Not only is his work fantastic, but he was easy to get along with and made us feel comfortable on a crazy day. He was so much more than a photographer, too. With us not having a clue what we were doing, and him being in the industry, he guided us through our day, telling us what was coming up next every step of the way. He had such great ideas for photos and we are just so happy with the pics that we have to look back on. You can't go wrong with Brad, he is the bomb :)

Sent on 02/18/2018