Brad Barnwell Photography Reviews

Brad Barnwell Photography 6
Brad Barnwell Photography 7

Hannah Mcbee · Getting married on 03/04/2021

Brad is our hero!

For two camera shy, ultra private people, Brad came into our lives and now we never want him to leave! Brad has a natural, effortless way of making even the most nervous brides (and there were two) feel comfortable.
    Brad is intuitive and insightful and puts your photography goals at the forefront of his mind and then delicately brings you back to them when you forget (ex: “let’s do a sparkler photo because you wanted one, I know you are tired, but this will be worth it,” and it was).
    He is a creative, artistic, talented professional who is warm, kind and easy going. He’s also really fun.
    Brad is affirming for the LGBTQIA population. He is accepting, open, cool and kind. Not everyone at our wedding supported us, and Brad was quick to assess and mitigate much of the tension that was present. He quickly picked up on these things and rescued, helped, and assisted the people that needed it. Including us at times!
    We will use Brad for every major life moment we want to capture because we trust him, and because he is so incredibly talented.
    Brad is a huge supporter of love. And love is love.
    Brad is our hero.
    C&H

Sent on 06/05/2019

Chandini Narang · Married on 06/01/2019

Brad is amazing!!!!

Brad was such an accommodating, funny, great guy! He really listened to what we wanted and made our vision a reality. I couldn’t have ever asked for a better photographer than him for my wedding day! We will cherish our perfect photos forever!

Sent on 06/17/2019
    Brad Barnwell Photography 8
    Brad Barnwell Photography 9
    Brad Barnwell Photography 10
  • Margaret

Margaret · Married on 05/18/2019

Brad is THE BEST!!!!!

My husband and I got married on May 18 ,2019 and Brad was our photographer. As soon as I started wedding planning, I knew I wanted to have Brad as our photographer as he has photographed so many peoples special life events that my husband and I know and his work is amazing. After initially reaching out to Brad, he wanted to set up a FaceTime call with us to get to know us better before we booked him and for us to do the same. He was so personable and professional and my husband and I knew we had to book him immediately.

Over the course of the following year, Brad would check in with me to see how planning was going and provided me with templates and examples to use to plan our photographer shot list and “Run of Show” for the wedding. I was my own wedding planning, so this helped me out so much! A month or so before our wedding (we live in different states so only time we could coordinate to do this) Brad met with us and we did a walk through of all of the possible places we could get photos in the day of our wedding.
    It really helped me visualize what I wanted and it was nice to spend quality time with our photographer and for us all to feel comfortable working with each other. Brad went above and beyond the entire year before our wedding and it didn’t stop there!

On the evening of our rehearsal, Brad attended to understand how the flow of the ceremony would be and ultimately took on the role of photographer and wedding coordinator. My husband and I along with our wedding party really had no clue how the rehearsal was supposed to go and for the first 20+ minutes were all just standing around (our venue didn’t provide an organizer). As soon as Brad got there he took the lead and lined up people and gave pointers to when everyone should walk in per our music and really saved the evening! To follow our rehearsal Brad even came to our rehearsal dinner and photographed all those special moments and got to know our family and friends. Brad did not have to come to the rehearsal dinner as this was not something we paid him to do, but he yet again went above and beyond and ended up providing us with a sleuth of additional photos I will cherish forever!

On the day of our wedding Brad hit the nail on the head again and surpassed all of our expectations. The photos Brad took were exceptionally beautiful and showcased the love my husband and I have so well. He was so easy to work and stayed later upon our request to photograph more of our reception. Brad is the best photographer I have ever met. His work is top notch and he goes out of his way to make sure your special day runs effortlessly.My cousin (who was in my wedding party) is getting married in 2020 and both her and her fiancé were so impressed with Brad have now booked him for their wedding! Both my husband and I would recommend Brad to anyone looking for a photographer to capture beautiful photos of a special moment or moments in their lives!

Sent on 07/26/2019
  • Marilyn

Marilyn · Married on 02/17/2019

He enhanced every moment of our special day!

If you are looking for a wedding photographer, look no further. Brad is the perfect fit for this job. He has an incredible eye for creativity, an array of suggestions, and a way of making everyone (and I mean everyone) feel comfortable as if you’ve known him for years. I found this out when he shot a friend’s wedding years ago. Which is why when I got engaged this summer, I knew that I wanted him to be part of our special day on February 16th. He made an amazing day even more spectacular.

Sent on 03/07/2019
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 02/09/2019

The best decision you’ll ever make (besides marrying the love of your life)!

Brad was the first vendor we hired when planning our wedding. We had worked with him in the past for family portraits, and for professional headshots, and knew instantly that he was the one to document our wedding day. It was our absolute pleasure/honor getting to work with him on such an important day for us. He came by our rehearsal dinner to meet the bridal party and family, and everyone instantly felt comfortable/at ease with him. It made the next day run so much smoother when it came time to do family photos, and made the process so fun/enjoyable despite how cold it was outside. I cannot stress enough how thoughtful and caring Brad was to every single one of our needs, and took on additional tasks to ensure the day went on without incident. We will be using Brad for any photography needs for the rest of eternity. Thanks Brad!

Sent on 02/17/2019
    Brad Barnwell Photography 11
    Brad Barnwell Photography 12
    Brad Barnwell Photography 13
    Brad Barnwell Photography 14
    Brad Barnwell Photography 15

Christian Sarvaideo · Married on 01/26/2019

Brad is the quintessential wedding photographer.

As a photographer, you’ll find no one better than Brad. He has a superb understanding of the art and it’s elements. His photographs exhibit an ability to bring out the essential qualities of his subjects, as well as elicit the emotions of the given moment.

But with Brad, you get more than a photographer, you receive a wedding planner and support system of sorts. He illustrates an eye for detail, a feel for the moment, and a taste of your exact aesthetic. He is a guide for any bride and groom, and a director for family, friends, and guests. He truly understands the importance of your big day (even your little moments) and puts his whole heart into making it as special as possible for you and your loved ones.

As a person, you’ll be lucky to find anyone as understanding, enthusiastic, hardworking and joyful as Brad. There truly is no better!

Sent on 03/05/2019
  • Kelsey

Kelsey Six · Married on 11/10/2018

Best day of our lives

When it came to who was going to photograph our wedding, there was no doubt in my mind it was going to be Brad. He not only is an amazing photographer, but his personality, professionalism and attention to detail are just a few of the qualities that make him amazing. I would recommend Brad to anybody that is looking for someone to photograph their big day. The day goes by in the blink of an eye, but I am so happy to have beautiful photos that captured every wonderful moment of the absolute best day of our lives.

Sent on 01/13/2019
    Brad Barnwell Photography 16
    Brad Barnwell Photography 17
    Brad Barnwell Photography 18
    Brad Barnwell Photography 19
  • Lucy

Lucy Grabenstein · Married on 11/03/2018

Brad is the BEST!

Brad is not only the best photographer we know, he is a part of the family now! Brad doesn’t just capture the true personality of the people he is shooting. He is also there for any of your requests! Like bringing a crochet needle to button up the back of my dress with ease, or getting the thirsty bride and groom a necessary drink :) He goes above and beyond because he genuinely cares about your special day. Brad is 100% professional and has a passion for what he is doing. It is fun to see him get excited when his vision for a shot comes to fruition; he gets so pumped with gitty jumps in the air. His photos reflect a youthful approach to the classic methods of photography. He gets the shot on site as to not have to edit on the computer to look perfect. He seems to make anyone look absolutely fabulous. If you are looking for a photographer for either an event or for commercial project Brad is your GO TO.

Sent on 12/06/2018

Katherine · Married on 10/20/2018

Married on 10/27/18

Brads talent is second to none...he has photographed my sister’s, my best friend’s and my very own wedding, and every time I have been more than impressed. He is creative, passionate and so much fun to work with. We flew Brad out to Colorado to shoot our mountain wedding and we are SO glad we did!! Pictures are priceless, and he is willing to do anything (literally-the man was hopping through streams just to get an awesome shot!) to capture your day the way you dreamed. I’d give him 10 stars if I could!

Sent on 12/05/2018
  • Bradley

Bradley Murphy · Married on 10/13/2018

Simply The Best!!!

Brad was truly amazing; from our engagement shoot to the wedding (and all leading up to it!) and Still!
    A wonderful sense of humor and a great personality make this man very easy to open up to and get comfortable in front of. His enthusiasm for making such wonderful memories and keepsakes for people really shows through in his always enthusiastic (and understanding!) guiding you to the next best picture.
    I would honestly recommend Brad to anyone. Not only are the pictures things my wife and I will cherish for ever, but they are done with such an artistic eye that it’s amazing to see how beautiful things can look through his lens.
    THANKS BRAD!!

Sent on 12/14/2018
    Brad Barnwell Photography 20
    Brad Barnwell Photography 21
    Brad Barnwell Photography 22

Jessica · Married on 10/06/2018

Excellent Photography and Coordination of Event Photos

Brad kept us on schedule for the rehearsal of ceremony, rehearsal dinner and throughout the wedding. He has an eye for detail and was able to give us outstanding photos of our big day. And he is fun and charming! He acted as our unofficial wedding coordinator by sticking to our agenda. We were really impressed and happy with our wedding day and photos due to Brad's excellent professional service.

Sent on 12/04/2018

Rachel · Married on 09/22/2018

Absolute Magic!

Brad Barnwell is a fabulous photographer and a magician. He is extremely detailed oriented, experienced, and well organized. We met several times, walked through the venue, and helped with the rehearsal too. Every detail was planned, including the timeline and wishlist of photos. He goes above and beyond! He stepped in when our reception started to go array and assisted as any problems came up. He spent the whole day with us, taking countless photos, and jumping in to help. Our friends and family adore him. Brad was a referral from a friend's wedding the year before, where he was perfection too. We have Brad to thank for a great experience. We always knew the photos were going to be amazing. His eye for detail and ability to capture the moment is unrivaled. We could not imagine trusting anyone else. We consider him family now. Thanks for everything, Brad! Needless to say, we love the photos, cannot wait to start sharing.

Sent on 11/25/2018

Victoria · Married on 05/26/2018

Brad was very easy to talk to and enthusiastic. A pleasure to work with. We got beautiful photos of my husband and as well as fun photos with friends and family. We photographed both sides of our family. He even got series of photos of my brother and sisters immediate family while we socializing with other guest. He is very flexible and came to meet us before the wedding to plan out where to take photos the day of. (Price was for 6 or 8 hours of photos cannot remember which)

Sent on 10/04/2018
    Brad Barnwell Photography 30
    Brad Barnwell Photography 31
    Brad Barnwell Photography 32

Sabrina · Married on 05/25/2018

Best Photographer in Frederick - you won't want anyone else, promise!

I cannot imagine our wedding without Brad! His photography skills are amazing and his ideas are always fun and innovative. The added bonus is that Brad has a wonderful personality - he is such a thoughtful and caring person who knows how to have a good time! Our bridal party absolutely loved having him around, he immediately meshed with everyone and became part of our crew- I even had guests take photos with him because he's just that fun and they felt like he was part of the guest list and not "just the photographer". He is beyond talented and so very good at timelines- he essentially acted as my coordinator, making sure we were on time -without stressing me out. I highly suggest him for any and all events, he'll make sure he gets the shots you want as well as so many you'd never think of asking for -which will end up being your favorites! My absolutely favorite thing is that Brad gives you ALL the photos, you get to see the moments between the poses and not just the perfect shots, it gives a more realistic perspective of the event - all the tiny moments that lead up to something are caught. Makes my heart happy to see those in-between moments that you wouldn't otherwise capture and may not remember if he hadn't snapped the picture. Dude is worth his weight in gold, my husband and I could not be happier - and my guests are stoked to have acquired a new friend!

Sent on 10/20/2018

Cerys · Married on 05/15/2018

Brad is overall an amazing photographer!! I didn’t really have any ideas for what pictures I wanted so I left it up to Brad and ended up loving every idea he had. He made sure everyone was comfortable and went out of his way to get the best angles and best lighting. We love having such amazing pictures to look back on. You will be very happy with your decision choosing Brad.

Sent on 10/01/2018
    Brad Barnwell Photography 33

Lori · Married on 12/10/2017

Brad's passion for photography is immediately noticed through his attention to detail & creativity. His energetic personality & interactions with our wedding party & guests had everyone raving about him. The wedding was just yesterday but he has sent us a sample of our photos & they are beautiful! I can't wait to see them all. Thank you Brad!

Sent on 12/11/2017
    Brad Barnwell Photography 34

Christine · Married on 11/26/2017

Brad is GENIUS! He took the most amazing pictures I have ever had taken, and was able to do it quickly and with such ease that all of us getting pictures taken were able to relax and enjoy the process. Brad was so helpful with remembering the details that were important to us and making sure he got all of the pictures we wanted. He was present for us on such an important day of our lives and felt like family before we even got started. He was able to catch candid pictures that I will forever treasure- in fact, he caught one of my husband looking at me as we walked down the aisle and captured such beautiful emotion in that one snapshot. He was a joy to be around and sent a sneak peak of pictures within a few hours. Brad was one of our best decisions- everyone told me the day would fly by, but to have someone who so beautifully captured the moments I never want to forget was priceless.

Sent on 12/03/2017

Sarah · Married on 11/18/2017

Brad was seriously amazing! Not only is his work fantastic, but he was easy to get along with and made us feel comfortable on a crazy day. He was so much more than a photographer, too. With us not having a clue what we were doing, and him being in the industry, he guided us through our day, telling us what was coming up next every step of the way. He had such great ideas for photos and we are just so happy with the pics that we have to look back on. You can't go wrong with Brad, he is the bomb :)

Sent on 02/18/2018

Rony · Married on 10/14/2017

Out of all the people we had working hard on our wedding, Brad was definitely our favorite. He is attentive, dependable and the one person during our wedding day that we really felt we could count on. He was with us every step of the way and made sure we got all of the shots we needed. I would recommend Brad to anyone who wants someone who genuinely cares about what you want for your wedding.

Sent on 01/10/2018

Chris · Married on 10/07/2017

First of all, our wedding photos turned out top notch. After all, when you hire a photographer, that's probably the first thing you look for. Prices were in the ballpark with everyone else too. Secondly, Brad goes way above and beyond what you'd expect from him to. The fact that he did scouting for spots to shoot on his free time really impressed us. We also didn't have a wedding planner or anything, so he played a key part in the coordination of our wedding day. On a personal note, he's a great guy, all of our guests loved him, and he really seemed to enjoy the wedding as much as we did. Like I said before, he really went the extra mile for us and would highly recommended him.

Sent on 01/13/2018

Rebecca · Married on 09/09/2017

I can’t count how many times a wedding guest came up to me and asked “who is your wedding photographer? He’s amazing!” Brad not only took stunning photographs, but his superb energy and magic abilities to find people (seriously, we needed someone who was missing for a group shot, and Brad disappeared into the crowd and came back with our missing person in tow in seconds) made our day perfect! He made the entire process so smooth and fun, it would not nearly have been as amazing without him! He acted as waiter, entertainer, coordinator, and photographer all into one. I recommend him for anyone and everyone! You will not regret it :)

Sent on 12/05/2017

Emily · Married on 09/01/2017

We know we would not be disappointed when we hired Brad. We saw him at a wedding before we were engaged and he made such an impression on us. He met with us multiple times before the wedding even coming to the venue and rehearsal to ensure everything would go smoothly the day of. Not only was he an exceptional photographer he also made sure Joe and I were relaxed and happy, checking in with us often and even bring us beverages from time to time. He kept the mood light and his passion was noticed by many. I had so many comments and compliments the day of and the following days. I am beyond pleased with his work.

Sent on 09/04/2017

Joseph · Married on 09/01/2017

If you are getting married.. Find a nice location/food/music/etc. You can try and get bargains on these items because, hey, it will be a blurr to you and your bride/groom anyway, and man it goes quick. It's over in a blink of an eye. One thing you should not go cheap on is your photographer. He/she is the only person who will perpetuate one of life's most important moments. When you speak of value-for-value, a photographer is not just someone who walks around and snaps a bunch of selfies and posts them to "Your Story".... They coordinate and herd a bunch of headless chickens, who are most likely tipsy and off having their own fun during these moments, they are constantly manipulating the environment and seeing where a picture will fuse an endless memory, they are constantly processing weather, its effects, and "what's next if it rains..." -kind of moments, and after its all said and done.. they spend hours upon hours editing these pictures, tuning them to perfection so that their customer is left breathless for years to come. One person who you can count on to give you this value-for-value is Brad Barnwell. I owe this man more than the check we ripped for him. His enthusiam and dedication blew me away. He was more than our photographer.. He was our planner, coordinater, bartender, body guard, councillor, and now our friend. Never been more happy to have him preserve our memories. Thank you Brad. -with love, Emily and Joseph Heister

Sent on 12/22/2017
    Brad Barnwell Photography 35

Kait · Married on 08/12/2017

Brad was excellent from the start to the very end. We were of course looking forward to our wedding, but to have it all documented for the rest of our lives was daunting. When I first met with Brad, it seemed like we were on the same page with everything. I felt like he understood my concerns, the photography style, and over all flow of the day. Then we had a huge change, a venue change. It wasn't an issue at all when I told Brad (hence the 5 star flexibility) and I couldn't be happier with how accommodating he was. I decided to do the pre wedding photos (something I always imaged I feel very uncomfortable doing) and I had a blast. I would also recommend doing first looks. He seriously knows know how to capture the moment and pick the most creative shots and locations. I also felt at ease during what I imaged to be the most stressful moment of my premarital life. An important factor that i have to add is, there was a huge thunderstorm on our wedding day. After looking at our photos, I am actually happy we had that added element. Brad really made lemonade out of the inclement weather with some awesome photos. Time management is also a huge factor and it felt very organized and organic. We were able to do the traditional family portraits, bridal party and groomsman shots, and just the newlywed photos. He was a huge help with the whole flow of the day and staying on our time schedule. To top it off, our photos were given to us in a timely manner and even the wedding guests were giving us complements about his work. I'm so glad we picked Brad and couldn't imagine our wedding without him!

Sent on 12/12/2017
    Brad Barnwell Photography 36
    Brad Barnwell Photography 37
    Brad Barnwell Photography 38

Christina · Married on 07/28/2017

Best photographer out there by far! It was pouring on our wedding day and Brad still managed to show up, a head of schedule, which was such a comforting feeling! He made the best of weather and got some unbelievable shots! At the end of the day, we are glad it rained on our wedding day because of our photos. He rolled with the punches the day, and we, gave him. We did not know Brad before but we now consider him a close friend. Just because the wedding has passed, we have not lost touch. He is a great person and truly cares about his clients! Brad remained professional, energetic, on schedule, friendly and many more all throughout our whole experience with him. You can tell how passionate he is about his job, especially weddings! We highly recommend Brad to anyone who is gettiing married or simply in need of a photographer!

Sent on 01/14/2018