Bowerbird Flowers and Apothecary Reviews

45 | Durham, NC

45 Reviews for Bowerbird Flowers and Apothecary

• Sabina

Sabina Danek · Married on 01/18/2020

Surpassed my wildest expectations - seriously!

I was lucky enough to hire Bowerbird to be the florist for my sister's last minute wedding that I planned in 2 weeks. I loved their free-flowing style and wanted some bad ass fall flowers for an outdoor forest wedding. It's tough to find a florist who will work with you on such short notice, and even rarer to find one who - I kid you not - knows what you want more than you do. I sent a few pinterest inspiration pictures, had a phone consult (since I'm not local). Then I find out that my sister likes the style I picked, but wants the flowers to be very colorful (I had previously been thinking blush, burgundy, deep purple, etc.). I was super nervous how it would turn out and was SHOCKED when we picked up the flowers. They were EXACTLY what we wanted. Colorful, wild, but beautiful and tasteful. They set off the intimate wedding ceremony to perfection. Plus Diane and Lily were such a pleasure to work with! Cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 11/06/2019
  • Abbie

Abbie Westphalen · Married on 09/28/2019

Flower dream come to life!!

Diane and Lily are truly incredible at what they do! All I gave them was an idea of the vibe of my wedding, and the color palette of my bridesmaid dresses, and they created incredible bouquets and table arrangements to match everything PERFECTLY. I truly cannot speak highly enough of them!! My bridal bouquet was incredible, and they made flower crowns for me and all of my bridesmaids, which were equally incredible. They truly brought all of my flower dreams to life and exceeded every expectation I had.

Working with Diane and Lily throughout the entire process was a complete breeze. They were super responsive, always ready with ideas, and as soon a I met them I basically gave them complete control of the colors/kinds of flowers because you can tell they know exactly what they’re doing. They are both so, so kind and I would absolutely work with them again, and I recommend anyone else to do so, too!

Sent on 10/03/2019

Alexandra · Married on 08/03/2019

Flower Perfection!

Dianne and her team at Bowerbird were fantastic and created the most beautiful floral arrangements at my wedding! Dianne was an absolute pleasure to work with and she skillfully created the bouquets of my dreams! Each arrangement was unique and included the most beautiful touches, incorporating our colors and wedding design. We received so many compliments on both the bouquets and the table arrangements. I can't say enough good things about Bowerbirds and would definitely recommend!

Sent on 08/14/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah Vargas · Married on 04/13/2019

Amazing wedding day florist!

We hired Bowerbird for our wedding in April and were so happy we made this decision! Finding a wedding day florist is a daunting task at best, but Diane was kind and professional throughout the process. She was willing to work with my budget and still create such beautiful arrangements that photographed so spectacularly. I had trouble deciding if I loved my bouquet or the custom hair comb more!

Sent on 05/16/2019
  • Emily

Emily Izakowitz · Married on 03/09/2019

Diane and Lily are geniuses!!!

I was rendered speechless by my wedding flowers. When Diane and Lily arrived to deliver my bridal bouquet during hair and makeup, I burst into tears. Diane's vision is truly unique (and I don't use that work lightly), and I could never have planned and designed my wedding without her. Her understand of color and texture is unparalleled in North Carolina. If you hire Bowerbird, I highly recommend that you trust Diane and Lily to get creative with your color palette--they will absolutely not disappoint you. 10/10 HIRE!!!

Sent on 03/14/2019

Megan O'connor · Married on 11/10/2018

We love Bowerbird!!!!

Diane is hands down the best florist we could have ever hired. I found Bowerbird online and knew just from the pictures that we had to hire them! We went to Diane with just an idea and few a pictures of what we liked and she put together the most beautiful floral arrangements I have ever seen - I know nothing about flowers and fully trusted Diane with the design. She immediately understood the style and vibe we wanted - her work is impeccable. She also put together the arbor we got married under and OMG I can't even describe how beautiful it was! Diane is seriously one of the nicest people we have ever met and made our wedding everything we ever imagined - we loved her!!

Sent on 11/15/2018
  • Ashley

Ashley Walker · Married on 09/22/2018

exactly what I wanted

I am obsessed with Bowerbirds Flowers. They were recommended to me by my wedding planner and did not disappoint! Diane is magnificent and talented. I actually know very little about flowers so I couldn't really tell Diane exactly what I wanted. I gave her a picture of my wedding dress, my wedding colors, and a "look" I was going for. She took over from there and created the most amazing bouquets, centerpieces, and decorations. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Jamie · Married on 05/26/2018

Diane and her team at Bowerbird are the absolute best. From our first meeting with her she just totally got us. Her creativity and artistry absolutely made the event. We can’t recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Jessica · Married on 12/30/2017

Diane is simply INCREDIBLE! Like most brides, I had photos and a vision for what I wanted in flowers for our wedding day. My first meeting with Diane was warm, open and most importantly honest. She was spectacular at setting realistic budget expectations, clear about what was included in the costs, and SUPER knowledgeable about seasonal choices for florals. On my wedding day I was able to get a sneak peak into the ceremony space after Bowerbird had finished the setup - it brought me to straight tears. It was everything I had asked them to do and more - it was perfect. I would recommend Diane to any bride!

Sent on 04/26/2018

Elise · Married on 12/22/2017

Diane and her flowers are unbelievable!!! She understood my vision perfectly and I didn't even meet her until a week before my wedding. She was even willing to work with me when I changed my mind at that week before meeting. She was so sweet and understanding about budget as well- I was a bride on a budget and she was able to get me everything that I wanted within it. Definitely go to Bowerbird, you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 02/22/2018

Katie · Married on 10/14/2017

We hired Bowerbird to do our bouquets, boutonnieres, and corsages and they were awesome! I was initially drawn to the full flowy design Diane and her team uses in their bouquets. She used a perfect blend of local seasonal flowers and some more exotic stems that really fit with the feel of our outdoor wedding! She kept our color scheme in mind and we were so happy with the end result. My bouquet was one of my favorite things at my wedding...I even dried it and am attempting to make it into a wreath! We did the centerpieces ourselves, but Diane ordered me some extra proteas and some wildflowers to add to them so they coordinated with the brides and bridesmaid bouquets. I can't speak highly enough of their work!

Sent on 01/17/2018

Ruth · Married on 09/30/2017

Bowerbirds was an excellent experience. She did beautiful work, made sure we had what we wanted, and took all pressures away from our big day. I highly recommend her. She was a total professional and a joy with whom to work!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Caitlin · Married on 06/11/2017

I got married on 6/11/2017 and Diane was the best decision I made in my wedding planning!! I got married in Apex and live in Greenville and Diane was in Durham and even with the distance she was so flexible and met up with me and had countless phone calls with me to make sure that she knew exactly what I wanted for my big day!! She worked with my budgetary needs and every other florist told me they couldn't give me the flowers I wanted for the amount I had in my budget, but Diane made it work!! She is amazing and is there to make you happy!! The guests at my wedding raved about my flowers and said they were simple and beautiful!! I booked with her somewhat late for getting married in June and even added corsages and boutineers on last minute and she was able to make it happen. This woman works miracles and is a sweetheart! Book her, best decision you'll make!!

Sent on 10/08/2017

Amy · Married on 05/27/2017

I just recently had my wedding (5/27/2017) and hired Diane Joyal to do my flowers. Best decision ever! She is absolutely awesome to work with and exceeded my expectations. I loved my bouquet, centerpieces, and all the other decor. She went above and beyond and made my experience whole experience enjoyable. Thank you Diane for my amazing flowers!

Sent on 06/15/2017

stephanie · Married on 05/20/2017

Diane is absolutely fantastic and made the most gorgeous floral arrangements at my wedding! I asked for garden inspired al fresco style floral arrangements and she nailed my style perfectly! Every centerpiece and arrangement was original, creatively inspired. She listens to what you want and brings what your dream wedding to look like into reality. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 05/23/2017

Natalie · Married on 05/13/2017

Diane was phenomenal! She worked to accommodate my budget and had lots of creative ideas to help me save money- like using the bridesmaids bouquets as head table centerpieces. Diane completely understood the vision I was going for and brought it to life. The day of the wedding I was constantly swooning over all the florals. Everything was better than I had even imagined! Thank you so much Diane for my beautiful wedding flowers!

Sent on 05/30/2017

Courtney · Married on 04/22/2017

Wow, Diane is AMAZING! Our flowers - from the bouquets to the boutonnieres to the arrangements at the church and reception, to the greenery and added touches - were absolutely beautiful. Diane has impeccable taste and helped make our wedding classic and elegant - just the way we wanted! My mom is more into flowers than I am so she worked closely with Diane to plan the details. She so much enjoyed collaborating with her and we were both blown away by the final product. My bouquet and my all bridesmaids' bouquets were even more stunning than I could have imagined. Every arrangement at our church and reception venue were gorgeous and complemented our colors and the feel of our wedding perfectly. Diane is exceptional at her craft and she also really listens to you and what you want and will work with you to stay in your budget. I highly recommend Diane - she is so easy to work with and will go above and beyond for your special day!

Sent on 06/06/2017

Sydney · Married on 04/01/2017

Working with Bowerbird was amazing from the beginning to the end! Diane was a joy to work with and fully embraced my nerdy book woodlands feel I was going for. She went above and beyond to great a unique head piece for me that has the most amazing little succulents and flowers!! Her work on decorating my chuppa was stunning and made the day feel even more special. I would trust her to do anything I asked and her sense of style and arrangement is stunning. I would use her fover and over again if I lived in the area but I have and will tell all my friends!

Sent on 05/19/2017
  • O

Olivia · Married on 01/28/2017

Diane from Bowerbird was absolutely amazing! From the first time that we met with her, we absolutely loved her personality and how she immediately had ideas based on what we wanted. She was so intentional about getting to know us and learning what we wanted for our wedding. Our wedding was PERFECT because of Bowerbird. Diane created the most beautiful backdrop just based on a random idea of what we wanted. Her flower crowns and bouquets were stunning. Everyone at the wedding was obsessed with her work from the table settings to the small details she put around the space to make it special. Diane is so creative and literally made all of our visions come to life. When my mom walked into the venue space for the first time, she cried with joy just looking at all of Diane's work. If I did my wedding over again, Diane would be first on the list!! I highly, highly recommend her.

Sent on 05/16/2017

Alex · Married on 10/15/2016

Diane was simply delightful, has an impressive knowledge of flowers and plants and knows a thing or two about arranging said flowers and plants in incredibly beautiful ways. The two pieces she constructed for the arbor we were married under, were a breathtaking highlight. You can see for yourself how amazing Diane's work actually looks on the Bowerbird website—I want to stress how sweet and approachable Diane was throughout the planning process. A genuinely good person who does amazing work? What's not to like??

Also this happened: https://www.instagram.com/p/BN_5ngsDdwZ/

Sent on 01/04/2017

Bowerbird Flowers and Apothecary's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Alex. You made me cry! It was a joy interpreting you and Sam's vision and your event was a highlight for me. Come and visit when you are in town! :)

Cat · Married on 09/23/2016

Diane was an absolute pleasure to work with. We loved every minute that we spent with her! And the final results were above and beyond what we expected. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone and I will definitely be using her again!

Sent on 11/07/2016

Bowerbird Flowers and Apothecary's reply:

Thank you, thank you so very much! I loved working with the 2 of you, and even though there was such a distance you made it very easy and a real joy! Thank you so much for entrusting me with your vision on such an important day. XO
  • Andres

Andres · Married on 09/23/2016

Diane was recommended to us by a friend, and my wife and I are just so lucky we find such an inspired artist. We talked through the ideas that we had for our wedding but admitted that we didn't have strict guidelines. Basically, we needed so much help figuring out what to even do, and Diane was incredibly patient and generous with her time. We worked on a theme with slight variations, including a welcome piece that was inspired by my grandma's paintings.

Sent on 11/16/2016

Amy · Married on 08/07/2016

Bowerbird was so wonderful to work with for our wedding! My fiancé and I planned just about everything from out of town but were able to schedule a phone call and in-person meeting with Diane very easily. She is friendly and very flexible in her approach, and was happy to work with our budget to put together beautiful flowers for our day. Her work is amazing - my bridesmaids couldn't get over how beautiful and intricate our bouquets were!

Sent on 08/18/2016

Nancy · Married on 07/09/2016

We worked with Diane at Bowerbird for our wedding this past weekend and we were so happy with her work! She is so kind and easy to work with, and made sure she understood exactly what we wanted for our flowers. They were absolutely gorgeous and even more beautiful than I could have imagined! She even made our flower girl the cutest flower crown that everyone loved. The pictures are beautiful, but they don't compare to how these flowers look in person! We are so glad we found Bowerbird and thanks for everything!

Sent on 07/20/2016
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 06/25/2016

I can't say enough good things about Diane from Bowerbird Flowers & Apothecary!! She was one of the best decisions we made in all the decisions involved in our June wedding. I was a bride with an overall vision of how I wanted the "feel" of our wedding, but I wasn't sure on the little details... I knew that flowers were important to me but I had no ideas to offer other than Pinterest pics of elements of bouquets that I liked, the words "romantic, rustic, airy, free-spirited", and my wedding colors. Diane worked her magic (I swear she is the flower fairy godmother) and created GORGEOUS creations which exceeded my expectations and nailed our vision. Everything was perfect the day of, and Diane came early to help arrange all the flowers and ensure my DIY centerpieces would work out okay. From the time my mom and I met Diane, we all felt like friends and she made us feel SO at ease not only about the flowers, but many aspects of the wedding. She was quick to help us think through things and offer up advice for cost-saving ideas. You won't regret choosing Bowerbird Flowers!

Sent on 08/15/2016