Botanika Reviews

11 | San Antonio, TX

11 Reviews for Botanika

Lauren · Married on 04/29/2017

Melissa did a PERFECT job on our wedding floral arrangements. She matched the exact color I was looking for. I really love her style. I was so happy with my bouquet, I couldn't believe it was made for me. I had such a hard time explaining what I wanted and Melissa blew me away! She gave me everything I wanted and more. Couldn't be happier!

Hollie · Married on 03/28/2015

The ideas that Melissa came up with for our flowers were amazing. All we did was give her some basic ideas of what we liked and she went from there. Everything turned out better than we could have asked.

Jennifer · Married on 03/21/2015

We used Botanika for our wedding to provide flowers and to also provide day of event wedding planning (also included rehearsal).

From the beginning, Melissa was very responsive and helpful. She spent about an hour talking with me about the vision for the day and understanding my style and what we hoped to have on our wedding day. She was always available for questions I had and was very quick to respond.

The flowers for our wedding were beautiful - they were perfect. Additionally, we had a venue change at the last minute due to weather and Melissa added a few items to make sure the new space looked perfect (going from outdoor to indoor had me nervous but there was no need). Everything was amazing.

There were a few minor hiccups on the day of the event with respect to where people needed to be as the photographer and I told the wedding party one thing and Melissa told them something else. While this was frustrating at the time, everyone made it where they needed to be and it worked out fine. We had discussed the day of event timeline a month or so before the event and I had offered to share with Melissa what the photographer and I went over but she said there was no need so I believe that is where the confusion came from.

The only other thing that was a little confusing had to do with the centerpieces post wedding. I was under the impression they were coming to me but they disappeared. I had hoped to give a few to family members. I don't think that was Melissa's fault though - I think there was a miscommunication with the hotel.

Overall, Melissa is very organized and professional. I would recommend her services for certain!

Melissa was wonderful! She did a great job! Everything was amazing on our wedding day!

• Karla

Karla · Married on 05/12/2012

Melissa is super professional, besides doing our flowers she was our planner and our wedding was beautiful. She is a bit more expensive than most but definitely worth it, I would hire her again any day!!!

Cheryl · Married on 04/29/2011

Everything with Melissa was perfect! We had a tight budget on flowers due to other vendors costs. Melissa did a wonderful job getting me everything worth my money. I felt like I got more than I paid for, and these days, that never happens.

Amanda · Married on 10/15/2016

3.8
      3.5

Botanika had a lot of great ideas to make my wedding go smooth, but a lot of the ideas did not come to light. We were missing some of the linen and were promised full set up and tear down and to have someone at our wedding to move chairs around from ceremony to reception. Two days before the owner called and made it sound like that is not part of their services, although they did set up and tear down as promised, it was the day before and in the middle of our rehearsal and they ended up still charging us for the whole service even despite missing linen and about 80 dollars worth of tables we canceled. This company has great opportunity for success, but needs better communication to provide clients with unneeded stress and cost.

2.8
      3.0

Flowers turned out nice.. but they were not at all what we asked for. We asked for ALL WHITE everything. My bouquets the florist brought on my wedding day were peach. Also, we paid alot of money for big arrangements that go on either side of the altar and what we selected was ALL white with very very little greenery. Well.. the two arrangements were half white flower, half greenery. (not what we paid for or were quoted for)

Although not at all what we asked for, the wedding of course was beautiful. We followed up with Botanika about a week after thanking her for all of her work... and we heard nothing back. It was also very hard to get a hold of her during the planning of the wedding.- and... we had a tasting at the resort we got married at about 5 months before the wedding.. and the preview flowers she sent were all bright colors. - We made sure to let her know we wanted all white the day of the wedding and they still did not come out right.

Needless to say, if you are wanting all white flowers at her wedding... might want to look elswhere for your florist.

2.0

We used Melissa as our florist and wedding planner. Everything was beautiful, however there were many hiccups. She was short a bridesmaid bouquet, which she used the toss bouquet as a back up and never owned up to forgetting the bridesmaid bouquet. It was very obvious due to the toss bouquet being way smaller. Also, she forgot the bubbles for send off, which she said she had never received them. That's a lie because we took them over to her house. I was pretty bummed because they were customized cowboy boots, we had to go to plan B and have people waive their glow sticks for send off. On the welcome table we had wedding photos of all generations. When we dropped everything off we were one frame short and she specifically told us she would frame it. I felt terrible for my mom because it was her parents wedding photo who are no longer with us and was just sitting on the welcome table unframed while all the other ones were. It's the fact that she specifically told us it would be framed. Also nothing was announced from the DJ, like when we cut the cake. No one knew we did. All together, I wouldn't recommend her for wedding planning. Her flowers were pretty, but like I said she had forgotten a bridesmaid bouquet. Future brides, keep looking!

Joanna · Married on 10/15/2016

0.6
      1.0

Very disappointed with this vendor every time I think about my wedding. So much so I have pushed off writing a review and revisiting the upset but my wedding is done and yours has just begun, and is why I need to write this. I got married October 15th at Lost Mission. A Beautiful venue. I hired Botanika because my wedding planner recommended them and when I met the owner I felt comfortable that she knew my vision. I gave her pictures of the decor and most importantly I gave her my color scheme. She tried to encourage green and I did not want any green. My colors were fall, oranges, browns, golds, maroons, reds, yellows. On my wedding day it was flowing with green foliages. Everywhere! Furthermore, I asked for a lantern on every other pew down the aisle and I got 4, 2 on each side. I asked for a fall tree in the entry to the chapel and a smaller tree on the sign-in table, they were missing. When I asked her for reimbursement she swore they were there and she would send me pictures. I waited. No pictures and the responses ended. I felt like my vision was tossed aside. I paid $3,788.75 for her services and her decor as promised was not there. I wanted a cascading bridal bouquet, she suggested away from that because of my height and petite body style that it would too much. I agreed and decided to go with the traditional style bouquet. My bouquet turned out to be waaaaay over powering. It was Gigantic for my small frame, I had to hold it by the upper stems just so it wouldn't cover my chest AND it was super heavy! omg so uncomfortable. I would not trust her for your wedding. I wish I would have gone with someone else but my special day cannot be changed. I wouldn't wish her sloppy services on anyone and tis the purpose of my review.

Casey · Married on 05/06/2017

0.4
      0.5

If you are a bride looking for a dependable florist who understands your vision than please look elsewhere than Botanika. I met Melissa at a bridal show and was intrigued by her discount that she offered. I requested a very neutral palette, with very subtle hints of blushes and light peaches, whites and lots and lots of greenery. I provided numerous photo examples. In our contract, it stated a combination of peonies, hydrangeas, and stock, Baby's Breath and greenery. In my bouquet, it was mostly roses and bright pinks and bright oranges. She says she will give you a toss bouquet as a complimentary service, but she forgot mine in our order as well as failing to deliver my mother's corsage and father's boutonnière. She claims she left them on a back table but nobody saw it. For my flowers to Mary for our Catholic ceremony, they are supposed to be red roses (as also stated in our contract) but instead she provided left over bright pink roses from my bouquet. When it came time to final payments she made a mistake and over charged me almost $300. Instead of cancelling the charge or refunding the credit, she said she was going to "mail me a check". I provided her our address and it never came before the wedding, and still now have not received a refund almost a month later. My bridesmaids said that their flowers were noticeably brown and one said her arrangement was falling apart. It really is a disappointment to have to review your wedding pictures and have flowers that you did not want as a part of your day after spending thousands of dollars. As nice as Melissa is as a person, I do not believe she was fully capable of delivering professional quality floral services that you absolutely need for your wedding. I implore you to keep browsing for a different vendor who has the capability to make your wedding as picture perfect as you want and work so hard for it to be.