Boston String Ensemble Reviews

28 Reviews for Boston String Ensemble

• mws34

Molly · Married on 05/26/2019

Beautiful ceremony music!

Boston String Ensemble was amazing for our ceremony! Chen was super easy to communicate with, they had a giant list of songs to choose from, and they really elevated the ceremony as a whole. I'd definitely recommend them to a friend!

Sent on 06/12/2019

Megan · Married on 08/25/2018

The BSE performed at our wedding for 2 hours and we could have not been more happy with their performance! They were incredibly professional, easy to work with, and were able to meet all of the various requests we had. Would highly recommend booking!

Sent on 09/10/2018

Melissa · Married on 06/23/2018

We hired Boston String Ensemble for our June wedding ceremony and they were just fantastic! Chen is so nice and easy to work with. He is so quick to respond to emails and answered any questions I had promptly. We hired them for a prelude session while guests were arriving and to play during the ceremony. Our guests were raving about the prelude session and said it added such a nice, classic touch to the overall day. The string trio was on time, went over cues with our coordinator and were just overall so pleasant to work with. I couldn’t have asked for better musicians for our wedding.

Sent on 06/28/2018

Boston String Ensemble's reply:

Thank you so much, Melissa! It was our pleasure to be a part of your wedding day!

Rachel · Married on 05/27/2018

I would highly recommend Boston String Ensemble to anyone! I booked them to perform for my ceremony and I am very glad I did. They played music for the prelude + 4 songs for our ceremony which is quite a lot when you consider the length of a processional and recessional. They also learned a new selection for my entrance which is typically performed with an entire orchestra. It sounded AMAZING! They were easy to coordinate with and in my opinion very reasonably priced (not easy to come by with a wedding)!

Sent on 05/31/2018

Nicole · Married on 05/06/2018

Would unhesitatingly recommend Boston String Ensemble for any event! They played at our wedding this past weekend and were not only first-class musicians, but showcased the epitome of professionalism. Everybody was beyond impressed with their performance. Chen was a dream to work with. Ver highly recommend!!

Sent on 05/07/2018

Katie · Married on 11/04/2017

The Boston String Ensemble played for both our wedding ceremony and reception - it was very easy to work with Chen, who replied to emails quickly and offered helpful suggestions for music selections. They were excellent; arrived early to the venue and were very easy to work with; they are an extremely talented group of musicians and we had many guests commenting on how much they liked the quartet both during and after the wedding. I highly recommend them for any event and we were thrilled with having them at our wedding - thank you!

Sent on 01/07/2018

Caroline · Married on 10/07/2017

I had a wonderful experience working with the Boston String Ensemble! Chen was wonderful to partner with, and the quartet was perfect at our outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour. Our guests were very impressed with their ability to cover modern music! Highly recommend.

Sent on 10/14/2017

Julia · Married on 09/09/2017

Boston String Ensemble was great! We hired them for our ceremony and cocktail hour and the guests absolutely loved their transition into pop music. They brought a lovely, elegant touch to our wedding at a very reasonable price.

Sent on 11/15/2017

Mirlina · Married on 07/16/2017

Chen and the Boston String Ensemble were absolutely wonderful! My husband is a musician and wanted to make sure that we had great music at our wedding ceremony. The Boston String Ensemble delivered great music before, during, and after our ceremony and our guests are still talking about the great music and great experience. We highly recommend them!!!!

Sent on 09/15/2017

Jennifer · Married on 06/17/2017

Cannot recommend them enough. BEAUTIFUL music, amazing set-list to choose from, on-time, responsive, well-priced, professional and really good with kids who wanted to take a look at the instruments before the ceremony :-). LOVED them. So glad we went with them (I had gotten quotes from 10+ different quartets and Boston String Ensemble had the best reviews and best pricing). Look no further, you won't regret it!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Nicole · Married on 10/11/2014

I booked Boston String Quartet as a trio for music at our ceremony and couldn't be happier. From the moment I contacted BSQ, Chen, one of the incredibly talented musicians, always answered my questions/emails/requests within minutes and took so much time and care to ensure BSQ provided exactly what we were looking for. Their repertoire is EXTENSIVE and has a substantial amount of contemporary music that gave our wedding the unique touch I was looking for. Walking down the aisle was truly the best moment of my life and that is hugely in part to BSQ! We also had a little snafu with our wedding day transportation, and BSQ kindly extended their planned prelude as we were running a bit late. Thank you to all at BSQ for making our day so memorable!

Sent on 10/19/2014

Erin · Married on 08/16/2014

We were very happy to book Boston String Quartet for our August wedding. Chris was able to answer our questions and was very easy to communicate with before our wedding day. We provided them with a list of our preference of songs, with some special requests which they accommodated without any issue. On the day of the wedding, the quartet arrived ahead of time,dressed appropriately for the formal occasion, and most importantly, sounded beautiful. I forgot to assign someone to cue them when the ceremony finished, but one of the musicians looked out for me and when I gave him a nod they quickly played our recessional. I was pleasantly surprised by the extent of their repertoire – they added more songs in than I expected and did a fantastic job. Thank you for helping to create the atmosphere that we were aiming for!

Sent on 09/03/2014

Mary Beth · Married on 05/31/2014

The Boston String Quartet played the ceremony music for my daughter's wedding on May 31, 2014 in Sturbridge, MA, They arrived early, as promised, and played the selected music prior to, and during the wedding ceremony. Many of the guests commented on how much they enjoyed them. Prior to the wedding, I met with the coordinator to confirm the arrangements. The quartet was seated in the gazebo with the ceremony taking place just in front of it. I was quite happy with the quality of the music and the professionalism of the quartet members. I did price a few other quartets, decided to go with Boston String, and was glad that I did so.

Sent on 08/31/2014

amy · Married on 06/29/2013

We had a great experience with Boston String Quartet. They were professional, responsive, and happy to accommodate our requests for pieces not on their standard repertoire. Their performance really helped to set the stage for the ceremony. Highly recommend.

Sent on 07/28/2013

Anna · Married on 06/28/2013

We found Boston String Quartet on gig masters and are really glad we did. They gave us the most reasonable quote and we could not be happier with their performance. They played before and during our ceremony, and during cocktail hour. They had a pretty extensive repertoire with both classical and contemporary music. They added such an elegant touch to the ceremony; I had several people come up to me and comment about how wonderful the ceremony/ cocktail music was. People were especially impressed with the contemporary music. The icing on the cake was the song they played during the recessional. It was a special request I had; a very rare song that I know must have been hard to find. Not only did they find it, they played it beautifully, as if it was something they had rehearsed many times. My wedding coordinator was trying to escort me downstairs after the recessional but I had to stay and listen to the song. It was a beautiful moment and I wish I had it on video. If you are on the fence about having a string quartet, do it! It will be worth every penny.

Sent on 07/08/2013

Mandy · Married on 09/22/2012

I love working with the Boston String Quartet! I've worked with them several times and the musicians are extremely talented, but beyond that, they, and their management, are very responsive to requests and scheduling and are extremely accommodating, which is very important when planning weddings and events. I always go to them first for any event and I've never been sorry that I did.

Sent on 10/30/2012

M · Married on 09/09/2012

I am soo glad i hired Boston string quartet for our wedding. They did an amazing job and I am still receiving compliments to this day on the music. Chris was always very prompt in responding to any questions I had. all in all I had an excellent experience and would definately use them again for any other event I host.

Sent on 11/13/2012

Paige · Married on 07/05/2014

BSQ was great! We had a trio for our ceremony, and they sounded fabulous. We asked them to learn a number of songs off their repertoire for our wedding, and they sounded great. It meant so much to us that they were able to play them. They were songs that needed to be translated a little for strings (Sigur Ros, Midnight City, a Cat Stevens song), so I really appreciated that they were willing to do that, and each sounded great. Thanks!

Sent on 08/06/2014

Perfect. Couldn't ask for nicer people, sweeter music, or a more helpful correspondence.

Sent on 11/11/2012
  • F

Francine · Married on 10/01/2011

I cannot say enough great things about BSQ. They brought an elegance and unique vibe to our day that was unforgettable. Our guests were blown away by their talent. We had them arrange and play mostly rock music covers and they were on point. I will never forget the look on my groom's face when they played the song that I walked down to - an obscure Rolling Stones cover that is our favorite. They also played our cocktail hour. They were impeccable - book them!

Sent on 11/03/2011

morrell · Married on 06/19/2009

I would recommend the Boston String Quartet. My guests enjoyed the ceremony music very much. They assisted me in choosing just the right music and were very flexible in helping us decide the perfect selections of music for the ceremony and before, as the guests were waiting for our ceremony to begin. Highly professional and easy to work with.

Sent on 07/14/2009

Jonathan · Married on 09/24/2011

The Boston String Ensemble team provided the music for our ceremony and did a wonderful job.

We wanted to stick to classics for the "official" parts of the ceremony like the processional and recessional, but we also wanted to have some contemporary songs and these guys sounded brilliant.

They were very flexible with our music selection which we wanted to include some British stuff: Oasis, Verve, Beatles and our guests loved them and they helped set the tone for the rest of the evening.

They were great

Sent on 10/13/2011

Jennifer · Married on 04/27/2012

3.0

The Boston String Quartet played the music for our wedding ceremony at the Wayside Inn's Martha Mary Chapel. We only hired the trio but they played so beautifully that you really didn't need all four! I worked with Chris Vuk to book and he was very flexible and open to new ideas. We ended up using his suggestion to play contemporary love songs while our guests were being seated. Many of our guests commented to us which songs they recognized and how much they loved the music! It really was a dream come true for me to have strings playing as I walked down the aisle.
    The only reason I didn't give them 5 starts on responsiveness is that I received an email the week of the wedding that they lost all of our information and needed me to go through all the details again. It was extremely stressful in an already unbelievably stressful time! Although, it all worked out in the end.
    We had a little "snafu" during the ceremony and the trio was able to play through it so no one knew anything went wrong! They are true professionals and I would recommend them!

Sent on 07/05/2012
  • F

Gregory · Married on 10/16/2010

Overall the music sounded great. The guests were impressed with the sound and quality of the music. We received a lot of compliments for the ceremony music. The BSQ also arranged a contemporary pop song for the ceremony as well and it sounded excellent. The only slight mishap was that I sent an updated ceremony time to the group manager and I don't believe it was relayed to the group because they came at the originally stated time. The ceremony was slightly behind though so it ended up working out. I would still absolutely recommend the Boston String Quartet to someone interested in strings for their ceremony or cocktail hour music.

Sent on 10/31/2010

Danielle · Married on 03/11/2012

I have to say I don't know what it sounded as I was too nervous walking down the aisle =), but I've heard them play and they are great. They are very flexible with the time and price is very reasonable. I was surprised that they sent someone I haven't seen on the day of, but then again, the quartet changes. They did a good job with my duo and I highly recommend them.

Sent on 08/20/2012