Boston Marriott Peabody Reviews

14 | Peabody, MA

14 Reviews for Boston Marriott Peabody

Christina · Married on 08/04/2018

Great service!

We used the hotel for one of our wedding rooms blocks. Bryan was great to work with and made sure everything went smoothly. The hotel was very modern and recently upgraded, all the guests loved it there. The location is perfect and makes it very easy to get where you want to go.

Sent on 10/28/2018

Kristen · Married on 12/31/2017

THE PEABODY MARRIOTT IS A PERFECT WEDDING VENUE. The wedding packages include so much compared to other places! Steve and Kristin in particular were so kind and were very attentive to all of our questions and emails. I was dealing directly with Steve most of the time when discussing options for the big day. Steve impressed both my fiancé and I, but also succeeded to amaze my parents with his professionalism. Steve is fun, organized, patient, attentive, and welcoming. He was more than willing to work with our guest list, desired floor plan, menu, décor, and budget. He is by far the most helpful person I have EVER dealt with. What a great person.

THE HOTEL IS CURRENTLY GOING THROUGH SOME BEAUTIFUL RENOVATIONS. Their Grand Ballroom has attractive chandeliers and has the ability to set up different table sizes. The venue has another large room, The Centennial Room, which can hold smaller receptions and cocktail hour. This was an added perk!

THE FOOD CHOICES WERE INCREDIBLE, and this venue does what some others do not: hosting a bar based on consumption. This was something very appealing as we could set an amount to pay for beverages, or pick up the tab at the end of the night. The venue offers a table wine service as well.

The hotel was more than happy to accommodate all of our overnight guests after the wedding with their more than generous room block at an amazing price compared to some other local hotels.

PLEASE KNOW: THIS WEDDING VENUE WILL ACCOMMODATE YOU AND YOUR WISHES. The staff (especially Steve and Kristin) are amazing. From the moment we walked in and Steve greeted us with cookies and warm beverages, we felt appreciated and at ease. Such a positive experience all around.

Sent on 02/10/2016

Amanda · Married on 09/24/2016

We hosted our wedding at the Peabody married on September 24th 2016.... I can't say enough good things. From day we first toured the venue, all the way until the wedding day we were so well taken care of.. Steve and Stephanie went out of there way to answer any questions I had and made sure everything was PERFECT the day of my wedding. The Venue was beautiful and the food was excellent!.. I would HIGHLY recommend this venue to any bride!.

Sent on 11/06/2016

I cannot say enough good things about this venue! The sales manager, and the wedding coordinator were both amazing to work with! I can't wait to finish planning my wedding at this location!

Sent on 06/12/2015

Barbara · Married on 07/16/2016

I am the mother of a bride. The Boston Marriott Peabody was our wedding weekend headquarters hotel, as well as the site for our evening-before rehearsal, rehearsal dinner and dessert reception for out of town guests, and our morning-after breakfast/brunch. We could not have been more pleased! Both brides and both families currently live outside the Boston area, but from the beginning of our planning process about a year in advance, right through the wedding weekend itself, every member of the staff, including management and front desk personnel led by Steve Spivey and Megan Long, was attentive, responsive, thoughtful, flexible, prompt, efficient, warm and welcoming. Between the wedding block and rooms booked outside the block, we had more than 40 individual rooms at the hotel. Our personal room and the junior suite for the brides, were lovely and comfortable, including for day-of hair and makeup preparations. Our son and daughter-in-law, and daughter and daughter-in-law, also enjoyed the workout facilities. There were apparently several wedding groups "in the house" on our weekend, but we received individual attention throughout. From booking the wedding block of rooms and managing reservations for our many out of town guests over the months leading up to the wedding weekend, to covering the details of planning four different events at the hotel, Steve, Megan and staff went above and beyond in their attention to detail, including planning menus that met the needs of allergy-sensitive guests, distributing hospitality bags, helping us with a/v equipment, and providing champagne and treats for the brides when they returned to the hotel following the wedding itself. The public areas of the hotel were also lovely, and Sophia's Restaurant and bar were great places to gather with family and friends over the course of the weekend. The food is excellent. We would highly recommend the Boston Marriott Peabody for wedding groups, and for accommodations and events of any kind.

Sent on 07/31/2016

Nora · Married on 05/27/2016

While our daughter and her fiance had booked a nearby venue for her ceremony and reception, we turned to the Marriott Peabody for accommodations for our guests and a post-wedding brunch. We cannot say enough about how helpful the staff was during the entire planning process. From Steve to Stephanie, they thought of everything and helped with other nearby vendors for transportation, pre-wedding beauty and health appointments, and just general suggestions.

The staff was highly accommodating for a large out of town contingency who happened to take over the lobby every evening, but had even made sure our guest who were booking their own hotel reservations were given the guaranteed rate. The brunch the day after was spectacular. We received many compliments on how well thought out the breakfast was, and the fact that it gave the families more time to see each other in a casual atmosphere. A perfect ending to a perfect weekend!

We cannot say enough about how helpful everyone was. This hotel was the perfect choice!

Sent on 06/13/2016

Boston Marriott Peabody's reply:

Nora! YOU are so wonderful and a true pleasure to work with!! We could not be happier for Kate & Peter!! Thank you for the kind words and we hope to see you again soon! :)

heather · Married on 04/04/2015

My son passed away about 2months before my wedding. When the Peabody Marriott found out they sent flowers checked to make sure I was OK they bent over backwards for me the whole time. From the moment I started showing any interest they have been nothing but incredible. I has to change my date when I found out I was pregnant they help me out so much by calling my vendors for me. My wedding date was changed with everyone one in two days. They made my wedding an epically fun wedding for my family which was much needed. I have never in my life has better customer service. Its not Ann easy task to impress me and they went above and beyond to wow me.
    The hotel is also extermly well keep at all time every time I have gone in its been spotless. Staff is always smiling and in uniform. The rooms are spotless and well becorated and spacious. The food was the most talked about part of my wedding it was delicious. I personally can't wait to go back for free for my one year anniversary in my same suite this is included in your package that I thought was awesome . over all it was an amazing experience and I love them.

Sent on 06/15/2015

Marsha · Married on 10/25/2014

The attention to details and the service was top notch. The food was delicious. It was the wedding of my daughter's dreams!

Sent on 02/02/2015

They were very professional. Got what we paid for. Good value for the money. Alexandra Wesmen was excellent!

Sent on 12/01/2013

Jennifer · Married on 01/30/2010

Working with the Marriott Peabody was incredible! From the moment we met with Darlene until our reception night, she was fabulous to work with. She was extremely responsive and flexible and great at making suggestions that made our night perfect. Her level of professionalism and interest in our reception was amazing. She is an asset to the Marriott staff. Susan, our event coordinator was also wonderful. She was there from the beginning of the night working to ensure that everything was perfect for us. I can't say enough about the attentiveness that we received. And, the food was phenomenal!

Sent on 02/01/2010

Angelisa · Married on 08/16/2008

Wonderful to work with--covered every imaginable detail--my escort card table, table decor, different food needs, the timeline/layout of our reception, slideshow. Food was good--run of the mill wedding food though the hor douerves (sp) were great (they even brought some out to us and our bridal party while we were taking photographs). Staff was great! Only complaint from my guests was that the waitstaff was throwing away programs and escort cards that guests wanted to keep as momentos. Other than that, everything was PERFECT.

Sent on 06/07/2012
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 11/02/2013

After seeing some less than great reviews on Yelp, I was not too thrilled when my mom suggested we look at the Marriott for our reception– but man, was I wrong, because they were absolutely wonderful!
    Alexandra was our coordinator, and she made the entire experience easy. After a quick consultation, she took the image I had in my head and made it a reality. I knew I had made the right decision when we went for a menu tasting. The food was absolutely delicious! My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
    The night of our reception, we waited to see if what we were served tasted as good as the tasting we’d had before, and we were not disappointed. It was even better than we remembered.
    Besides the food, Alexandra had the entire night coordinated to perfection. She did an impeccable job and I’d highly recommend the Marriott. All of our guests stayed at the hotel as well, and we heard only great things from everyone. The rooms were clean and affordable, and the staff was always friendly and professional.

Sent on 07/06/2014

Hi Ashley!
    My name is Steve Spivey, and I am our new Catering Sales Manager. I work alongside Alexandra ("Alex") and I also think she is fabulous! I will be sure to share your wonderful feedback with her! I am thrilled that everything went as you hoped. If you or anyone you know are interested in planning an event with us in the future, please feel free to reach out to me directly. My email address is steve.spivey@marriott.com.

Take care and congratulations!

3.8
      3.5
      3.5

Everything was good, no major complaints except for lack of communication during a transition of new wedding coordinators 4 weeks before the wedding.

Sent on 08/15/2014

Hello!

Congratulations on your wedding, and thank you for your feedback! My name is Steve Spivey, and I am our Catering Sales Manager. I am so sorry for any awkwardness or lack of communication during the transition with events team. I am also engaged, and I completely relate to the anxiety that a change like this can create so close to your wedding date. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further so that we can discuss any options to make this right for you. At the very least, I would love to better understand your experience to ensure we get it right in the future. Please feel free to call me anytime at 978-977-6420, or send me a note at steve.spivey@marriott.com.

Thank you again and have a great weekend!