Boston Event Lighting Reviews

44 | Medford, MA

44 Reviews for Boston Event Lighting

• Maureen

Maureen F. · Married on 09/28/2019

Amazing job lighting our small venue

We were absolutely thrilled with the lighting done by BEL; Fritz and James did an incredible job, they listened to what we said we wanted and made it look even better than we could have imagined. They also were at the wedding the entire time making sure everything was working, all the lighting changes were happening when they should, etc. I can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 10/17/2019
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 04/13/2019

Lighting made easy!

James Biller was so great to work with. First off, just great pricing. I felt good about the decision from the get-go because I saw the company had done weddings at some of the nicest venues in Boston and they were familiar with the space at the State Room. The package included delivery and installiation. He was super quick with responding to me and checked in consistently which was great, because this is one of the decisions I kept putting off and it was really stressing me out. He came off very honest and not like he was trying to push other things on me or go out of my budget or overcharge me so I'm very grateful for that. I really just wanted some simple white uplighting. He accomplished this wonderfully in the Great Room at the State Room with a focus on the pillars from all three slides - and he also lit the draping for our ceremony. He did some additional uplighting to fill the room out and it made all the difference! He planned a little programming when the dance music got going too with little direction from us (awesome) - and chatted with the band to do their lighting for them! Great experience - highly recommend!

Sent on 08/11/2019

Angela · Married on 06/24/2017

They did a unbelievable job. The minute I walked in I was taking away. They are not just a company but they worked with me and my budget showing their humanity which hard to find these days. I would hire them again!

Sent on 07/19/2017

Ann · Married on 06/11/2017

Boston Event Lighting and Film turned out to be the best one stop wedding service provider we could have hoped for. We used Paul and Fritz for DJ’ing Lighting and Video. In the expensive, highly competitive Boston Wedding market this was THE TEAM that was willing to work with us every step of the way. They offered many different options, bundling and offering expert advice until we arrived at a plan that was on point and on cost; they even accommodated last minute additions. When a close family member took ill and could not attend the wedding, we decided that we needed to add a video. Paul recommended Lenny who went way beyond expectations, delivering a show stopper same day montage at the reception. Boston Event and Lighting expertly filmed the ceremony in the challenging low lighting ambiance of the Planetarium at the Boston Museum of Science and the video and pictures worked out beautifully. I would highly recommend this vendor.

Sent on 06/19/2017
  • Robyn

Robyn · Married on 05/07/2017

These guys manipulated the elegance of the Boston State Room to create a wedding mega concert the bride, groom, & their guests won't soon forget! Great job! I highly recommend!

Sent on 05/11/2017

Ron · Married on 10/29/2016

Boston Event Lighting and Films produced two videos of our bands, Clockwork Boston and Clockwork New England. They were fantastic to work with, and the final product was much more than we ever envisioned. We gave them full creative control over which angles to shoot, what colors and lights to use in the video, and what songs/shots were to be used in the final edited videos. They were spot-on! They even brought a drone camera to the shoot (which we didn't know about prior) to get some really creative shots. I will definitely use them again for other video projects in the future, and would encourage anyone else to do the same!

Sent on 01/04/2017

Jamie · Married on 10/01/2016

We hired Boston Event Lighting to do our wedding video. We were married by the beach in Falmouth and had a rainy grey day. Fritz was out there with his drone capturing incredible shots of our tent and the venue despite the weather. We just received our trailer video back and I could not be happier with it!! Fritz sent a first version that didn't include a piece of the ceremony I wanted and when I emailed him back asking to fit it in he responded right away "no problem" and had the updated video back to me within the hour. On top of the incredible video and fantastic 'customer service' Fritz was such a nice guy! Super friendly and happy throughout the day. I can’t thank BEL enough for the absolutely beautifullllll job they did. They captured every special moment and put together the trailer video in such a way that people keep telling me it feels like they were there when they watch it. It’s one thing to link clips together to music but they did it in a way that every single time I watch it I feel every emotion come flooding back. It’s so clear it was edited with perfect precision to match up parts of songs to perfectly timed events in the clips. Some of the ‘flash’ transitions that were put in timed with the music give me the chills. Fritz is truly an artist! Brides, Grooms, Wedding Planners - to anyone considering a videographer for your wedding...DO IT. Initially we weren't sure if we could fit it in our budget but we made it work and I am so so happy that we'll have this to remember our day by forever. Boston Event Lighting - Thank you, Thank you!

Sent on 12/09/2016

Thielly · Married on 07/30/2016

Paul and his team did an amazing job at our wedding. He understood our vision, made recommendations accordingly and executed it with perfection. Highly recommend this team.

Sent on 08/01/2016

I would highly recommend Paul and Boston Event Lighting. Paul was able to do our party on a week's notice. The person he sent was effective, efficient, knowledgeable and most importantly transformed the space into a party. Paul's candor and non-pressure style is a breath of fresh air. The professionalism of the company was impressive. Lighting done right makes or breaks a party.

Sent on 10/20/2014

Jessica · Married on 09/28/2014

Paul understood everything I wanted and asked for. The lighting was absolutely stunning and completely set the ambiance for the night. I loved that the lights flashed different colors halfway through the night as well once everyone started dancing!!

Sent on 10/06/2014

Alan · Married on 04/17/2014

Boston Event Lighting is an outstanding company. They continue to be on the cutting edge of technology yet maintain a friendly and honest company. Their lighting equipment is state of the art but their expertise on getting the most out of their lighting is second to none.
    I feel they are the best lighting company out there, bar none, and will help make your event that much more special.
    bravo!

Sent on 10/31/2014

A vendor that is both professional, offers a reasonable rate and is enthusiastic about their
    work is hard to come by-book them now!

Sent on 02/17/2014

Peter · Married on 09/01/2013

Paul and Fritz designed a lighting package on short notice and created a great light show for a dance party!

Sent on 09/02/2013

Natalie · Married on 09/01/2013

Paul B. and his crew were the vendors for a few of the most important aspects of a reception and they went ABOVE AND BEYOND to make sure I was happy and satisfied on the days leading into and on the day of our wedding! First he provided the uplighting, draping and globe lights to decorate the beautiful rooftop of the Taj Boston Hotel. Using soft purple uplights, they gave the room a beautiful glow that really achieved the intimate feel we were going for. The draping/globe lights over the dance floor were exactly what I imagined and the icing on the "decor" cake was that they made sure to get a handmade chandelier (made out of crystals from my Grandma's chandelier which was her Mom's originally). When I walked in the room my eyes were drawn to the chandelier and it filled my heart with such joy to see it up there. They were a bit unsure in the days before if they could hang it or not but ultimately I think it was realized how much it meant to me and they made it happen! Beyond this Paul was our DJ and we had an added drummer and sax player to emphasize the music. I don't think Paul and Boston Event Lighting advertise this service enough because I found out about it randomly at the last minute when I happened to be late night searching through their website and stumbled upon a video and emailed Paul asking what it was all about. Our guests were BLOWN AWAY! The music was perfection and the added affect of the drums and sax was basically phenomenal! Family and friends are still raving about how great the music was. All my family (even all the men) were dancing with their wives all night long. Honestly it's such a hard decision to choose between spending a fortune (in Boston) for a live band or saving a little bit of money and getting a DJ .. Paul can offer you the best of both worlds for a fabulous price that will give you room in your budget for a few more of the little things you really want. I couldn't have been a happier bride!!

Sent on 09/03/2013

Molly · Married on 06/29/2013

I used Paul and Fritz from Boston Event Lighting and Film to video our wedding day. They were so professional, and really went far above and beyond expectations. I had talked to Paul on the phone a few times, but didn't meet them until the day of the wedding. It seemed like I had known them for years, they were so personable and did whatever they could to make sure our day was perfect. The A/C in our venue was broken, and they even repositioned the fans to create an air flow! They were both truly exceptional, I can't wait to see the video!

Sent on 07/21/2013

Al · Married on 03/30/2013

Thank you for providing unique decor for my wedding

Sent on 04/03/2013

Car-Love · Married on 08/11/2012

My husband and I had looked at the idea of having lighting at our reception but in talking to other vendors, the pricing was way out of our budget until we connected with Boston Event Lighting.
    Their timely response and flexibility in working with us was more than we could have asked for. Leading up to the event, they were always good about getting back to us and day of event, they were on time, professional and the service was amazing.
    Thank you so very much for making our day EXTREMELY MEMORABLE!

Sent on 08/29/2012

Brett · Married on 06/16/2012

These guys were great. They provided us with lighting, DJ, and videographer, and the quality of their work was excellent. I would recommend them highly!

Sent on 05/03/2013

Danielle · Married on 06/02/2012

Fritz and Paul both did an amazing job right from the beginning. They took the time to explain the different lighting packages and advised us on which would work best for our venue. They worked with us on pricing and at no time did we feel pressured to go with the more expensive packages. The lighting at the reception was like no other that we have ever seen. We are still getting compliments on how great the lighting was. We were on the fence on booking a lighting vendor, but definately glad that we did.

Sent on 07/05/2012

The uplighting and videography team at Boston Event Lighting were superb! Paul was very flexible and easy to stay in touch with via email. I had requested that the color of the uplighting change at a certain point during the reception and Paul did exactly as I asked. Our wedding video turned out beautifully and it's a wonderful 1 hour recap of our special day. I watch it over and over again and am simply in love with it! The quality of the editing, sound mixing, etc. was more than I could ask for. I cannot recommend Boston Event Lighting highly enough for both uplighting and videography!

Sent on 01/28/2013

Jessica · Married on 12/31/2011

Our NYE wedding was beautiful thanks to the handy work of Paul and his creative team from Boston Event Lighting. We had our ceremony and reception uplit and it truly transformed our somewhat boring hotel space into a romantic, pretty, and fun atmosphere. The lights changed throughout the evening reflecting the mood of the music and the crowd. NYE is a special evening and Paul created a spectacular party environment. We had met with another well known lighting company and was put off by their disorganization and lack of cohesiveness (ie: quoting us one price, then quoting us a higher one; sending us a contract with the wrong name on it after we explicitly said we were not interested in working with them, etc). Our initial meeting with Paul was a breath of fresh air after that disaster. He was extremely professional and responsive throughout the entire planning process. Cost was more than reasonable, and the end product was truly breathtaking. I cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 04/11/2012

Kate · Married on 10/22/2011

We were considering not having lighting for our reception or after party, but Paul convinced us that our special day could be greatly improved by his professional lighting. He was totally right! We couldn't be more happy with his work, which produced exactly the ambiance we described. Thanks to the Boston Event Lighting team.

Sent on 10/27/2011

Irmgard · Married on 10/15/2011

Boston Event Lighting helped me transform an unremarkable space to a romantic and elegant space for my birthday party. Thank You.

Sent on 10/30/2011

Jessica · Married on 09/17/2011

Boston Event Lighting designed the lighting for both our ceremony and our reception. In addition, they also provided the sound system for our Officiant. They provided very competitive rates (they met the quote I received from another company) and the lighting was absolutely beautiful. Fritz stayed during the entire ceremony and reception to ensure that nothing went wrong with either the sound or the lighting. He had many different options for microphones and brought them all to ensure the best setup was provided for the ceremony. In addition, he also did a walk through several months before hand (to accommodate my schedule since I was living in SC but had the wedding in MA) and remembered everything we agreed on without a flaw. I would recommend Boston Event Lighting for anyone looking for a memorable experience enhanced by beautiful lighting. They truly transformed the setting into something extraordinary which was amazing since I didn’t think my venue could look any better! Really a wonderful experience.

Sent on 11/04/2011

Jose · Married on 09/04/2011

Our September wedding was held in Falmouth at Highfield Hall, a beautifully restored Victorian mansion built in 1879. One of the features that makes Highfield a wonderful venue for weddings is it's lovely Ballroom, where the dancing for our wedding took place. Although we had originally hired twin brothers Fritz and Paul Bosch to only film our wedding (they also own Boston Event Films), their suggestion to add uplighting in the Ballroom intrigued us. Because Highfield Hall has an understated elegance about it, we were initially concerned that the uplighting might make the Ballroom too "glitzy" for our taste, but Fritz convinced us that it would work. Well, not only did it work, but it worked beautifully! As the sun set and it became darker, the Ballroom was gradually transformed into a dramatically lit night club, yet the character of the space was still maintained. All of the detailing in the moldings and paneling was accentuated with various shades of lighting that changed with the high energy music. We are absolutely convinced that the lighting truly made the dancing even more fun, worked perfectly with the music, and made for a fantastic atmosphere! For anyone planning a wedding, we definitely recommend adding uplighting (especially during the dancing) and further recommend Boston Event Lighting to provide it... you'll be glad you did!

Sent on 10/28/2011