Boston Brand Entertainment Reviews

21 | Scituate, MA

21 Reviews for Boston Brand Entertainment

Maria · Married on 09/01/2018

This is the third time DJ Davey Jones has DJ-ed a wedding in our family, and we couldn't be happier. He was really helpful and responsive leading up to the wedding, and his day-of music choices and professionalism were outstanding. Plus, he's just a great guy to be around! The next day, neighbors of the venue even mentioned how great our DJ was!

Sent on 09/11/2018

Dave · Married on 06/09/2018

You absolutely cannot go wrong with DJ Davey Jones. Our story began with a wedding of our dearest friends, where we had heard that they had hired a DJ from way out of town. Our friends had been to a wedding of a sibling where Davey had played and had so much fun that they asked him to come out to their wedding on the other side of the country. He was more than accommodating, and what resulted was one of the best wedding dance parties I had ever attended. I'm embarrassed to say that it was so good that I didn't even have time to grab any drinks. I was stone cold sober at the end of the night and sweating buckets because the music was absolutely perfect.

In addition to all that, I had been asked by our friend to play a song at their wedding. Davey Jones was absolutely professional and impeccable in his preparation. Even though it was on a lawn with the nearest outlet being hundreds of yards away, we were able to perform with all the audio equipment we needed without a single hitch.

So when it came to our own wedding, we just had to ask Davey Jones if he would ever wish to come back to the same area of the country to do our wedding. And he was so amazing and gracious to agree to come back. At every step of the process, he is professional, courteous, timely, and most of all genuinely and personally cares about our experience. And of course, at the end of the night, we were yet again covered in sweat and felt like the party had only just started when we were kicked out of our venue. We invited him out to drinks with us afterwards in town, and we really felt like we just had a friend attend our wedding who just happened to be an awesome DJ.

If he can come to your town, there is no other choice you should consider. We really believe that, and we and our friends have four weddings to back it up (he ended up doing the weddings of our friend and her two siblings).

Sent on 09/04/2018

Laura · Married on 11/11/2017

Working with Davey was an incredible experience. He was fun? thoughtful, helpful, detailed, flexible, willing to brainstorm, and he ran the timeline of our entire wedding from start until past finish! Guests of all ages at our wedding gave him rave reviews. Although this is my first time working directly with a professional DJ, I can’t imagine a better experience. HIGHLY recommend.

Sent on 11/12/2017

Connie · Married on 11/11/2017

David Jones and his team were great to work with. David’s communications were prompt and he addressed my questions and concerns through email, phone, and text. He set me up with a very reasonably priced package for a DJ and photobooth. David was very professional and continued to coordinate with the DJ and photobooth staff before the wedding so that everything ran smoothly.

Paul Leonard DJ’d my wedding. Although I had little interaction with Paul prior to the wedding besides sending him our song choices, Paul nailed down the vibe we wanted. Paul was careful in checking the pronunciation of names for announcements and checking in with the hotel staff and my wedding coordinator to make sure things were on track. I was impressed with his clear enunciation and ability to direct people onto the dance floor- it is clear that he has had years of experience. Thanks David for setting us up!

Sent on 11/18/2017

Andrew · Married on 10/28/2017

Great energy and a great demeanor to boot!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Lauren · Married on 09/03/2017

We were so fortunate to have Davey as our wedding DJ. We shared our favorite bands with him beforehand, and he created the perfect playlist. All of our guests were impressed with the selection of songs and danced throughout the entire evening. On short notice, we had to move our ceremony indoors and he was more than flexible. It went off without a hitch. We couldn’t be happier with the quality of service and level of professionalism. Above all, it’s obvious he understands and cares about how important the day was for us. I would definitely recommend him for your next event.

Sent on 09/18/2017

Andrea · Married on 08/12/2017

DJ David Jones was an incredible DJ! He not only set up an awesome sound system all over our 15-acre wedding venue, but also kept every single guest on the dance floor from the minute the music started until last call. He was a pleasure to work with before and during the wedding- very professional, responded promptly and never seemed intimidated by our complex setup. Several guests came up to me during our wedding to say, "This DJ is awesome!" I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 08/22/2017

Melanie · Married on 07/29/2017

DJ David Jones was not only professional but he made the whole experience fun and comfortable. Planning a wedding is stressful enough and he made this one less thing to worry about. He is able to travel, which is AMAZING! He sends out a wedding plan form that was so helpful for laying out the day and narrowing in on what we wanted. But honestly we just let him do his thing and we were not disappointed. We had people out on the dance floor all night long, which is exactly what my husband and I wanted. He also incorporated a little fun twist in the mix. My family is very competitive so he set up a friendly little game of musical chairs, and even though it is not something you usually think of at a wedding, it was actually a huge hit. It was something fun for the grandparents and older family members to enjoy. I really believe Davey took the time to cater to us and make this a very personal experience. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone because I do think he can be very versatile and wants to make every couple feel special.

Sent on 09/04/2017

Stephanie · Married on 06/10/2017

Super easy and fun to work with! Great music choices and really connected with our guests both through the music and socially.

Sent on 08/30/2017

Colin · Married on 09/10/2016

Daevii was perfect. Of all the vendors we hired, he made me feel the most comfortable. It was as if he was in my head - knew everything I wanted, and just made it so easy. Incredibly receptive to everything I asked, and genuinely a nice person. SO GLAD we connected. Thank you!

Sent on 09/19/2016

Molly · Married on 08/13/2016

I can not recommend Davey highly enough! He was professional and fun, and just seemed to get exactly what we were hoping for with very limited direction (although he was very open to direction) - the dance party at our wedding was more fun than I could have hoped! So many people at our wedding commented that he was the best wedding DJ they had heard.

He came to our attention via a totally unsolicited and VERY enthusiastic recommendation of a friend, who had been a bridesmaid at a wedding he worked. We cannot wait to see/hear him again at my sister-in-law's upcoming wedding.

On top of playing perfect music all night, he was just really nice, and helped out in various ways we didn't anticipate needing (we had a wildly rainy wedding night, and things needed to be moved, etc).

Sent on 02/27/2017
  • Lauren Byrne

Lauren · Married on 04/30/2016

Daevii Jones is more than a DJ - he is an amazing collaborator and partner in planning your perfect event. Dave DJ'ed our wedding in April 2016 and we could never have found anyone better suited for our wedding. Dave worked patiently with us throughout the wedding planning process to ensure everything went perfectly and was exactly as we imagined.

I have never been to a wedding where everyone was dancing ALL night until our wedding. We are still getting compliments about how amazing "DJ DJ" was and how he was able to blend and transition songs so seamlessly that no one ever needed to stop dancing. He literally didn't miss a beat. Dave played the best mix of throwbacks, classics, and current hits that kept everyone, and I mean everyone, on the dance floor the entire night.

It is clear that Dave takes immense pride in his work, no matter the event or venue, and that he enjoys every minute. Dave, thank you for everything! Our wedding was so memorable largely in part due to your dedication to creating the perfect dancing-atmosphere.

Sent on 05/29/2016

Boston Brand Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for all of your kind words! It was truly a pleasure working with you both! I had such a great time. I am so glad you enjoyed what I was able to provide for you. Please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything in the future!

Gina · Married on 10/31/2015

Daevii went above and beyond for our Halloween party. He had the entire neighborhood dancing for hours and hours on our street. He wore a great costume and incorporated scary sounds into the music, had great disco lights, made announcements to the crowd and made the event twice as successful as it would have been without him. I might just have to throw a party in order to hire him again. He is fun, professional and a joy to work with.

Sent on 11/10/2015

Vincent · Married on 10/11/2015

Daevii was great to work with from start to finish! Our guests had a blast and the music made all the difference!

Sent on 12/14/2015

Ellie · Married on 08/07/2015

If I could preach it from the mountaintops, I would. Daevii Jones made our wedding the absolute smashing hit that it was, and for that we are so grateful!

Daevii DJ'ed for my sister and her husband's wedding back in September of 2014... To date, he was the best DJ that my now husband and I had ever heard. They got married in Boston, so it was certainly a long shot when we decided to reach out to Daevii to see if he would be willing to travel to Chicago for our wedding. We shot him an email, and not only did he respond super quickly, he responded with enthusiasm and energy that we knew we had to have!!

Throughout the whole planning process, Daevii was amazing - He took time to chat over the phone, discuss our desires and priorities, and travel plans for our big weekend. He was wonderfully communicative through everything - He emailed me to let me know he'd arrived in town so we could breathe easy. On the day of our wedding, because he was in from out of town and we were using rental equipment, he was there early and took care of all the set up - Even though there were a few issues with the equipment (totally my fault) he handled it like a seasoned professional and no one ever knew!

When it comes to the actual DJ services, I have heard from all our guests that they have never seen a dance floor as packed and as sweaty as ours. People had no choice BUT to dance! Daevii played hit after hit and no one could sit down! IT WAS AMAZING! We had a soul train line, the limbo with 2 ties tied together, someone even river-danced to Beyonce. I could not have asked for anything more. Daevii does a great job of taking charge of the evening and ensuring everything is running as planned, but he doesn't take over the mic how some DJs do. Daevii Jones, of all the things we threw money at, was worth so much more than we spent!

After our wedding, he came out to the after-party and shared a beer and a shot with my husband. That's the kind of DJ I want! :)

Sent on 08/24/2015

Nicole · Married on 07/18/2015

If you want the best wedding DJ, that isn't your typical lame generic DJ, then book Davey. My husband and I have been to our fair share of weddings so for our July 2015 Boston wedding we knew exactly what we were looking for. We found Davey through a local college event so we were able to hear his work then and there. Davey helped guide us through the wedding process and was able to see our vision for the night. He was prompt and professional down to his wedding night attire. He took crazy requests from me to cut and morph certain songs together to make our night very unique. Davey had everyone from our 21 year old guests to our 70 year old guests on the dance floor all night. Everyone commented on how great of a DJ he was and the felt like they were at a cool city club that evening as Davey never missed a beat! You will definitely be making a mistake if you don't book him for your wedding!

Sent on 08/04/2015

Robert · Married on 07/12/2015

Davey Jones is a young and energetic DJ who brings the talent of a top tier big city DJ right to your Wedding venue. He knows how to play off the crowd and make sure the dance floor is full at all times. If the crowd needs some old school tunes that will excite, it will get done. If the crowd needs the newest EDM track, it's done as well.
    Price is always a question that comes up when weddings get planned. Don't make the mistake of paying a fortune for the venues recommended DJs. They are most likely an overpriced burnt out DJ who basically puts on an iTunes playlist. With Davey you get a custom experience for an incredible price! If you don't pick Davey you are already taking the first step towards a possible wedding blunder. Thanks Davey for the amazing work. All the guests loved you!

Sent on 07/14/2015
  • User5019505 · 2+ years ago

My husband and I recently got married and worked with DJ Davey. We’re beyond thrilled that we did. From the moment we started working with him, it was obvious that he loves his job. He openly listens to your main objectives for your event, asking the right questions when appropriate and is very supportive of your decisions. Throughout the entire planning process he maintains a very professional manner while also being a ton of fun! He genuinely cares about your event, which makes you even more excited to work with him.

The best suggestion I can make if you’re looking to book DJ Davey is to let him read the crowd and do his thing. We gave him our must play and do not play lists, which he stuck to, but then we said we trusted him to just read the crowd and do what he thought was best. It was PERFECT. I wanted everyone to be dancing the whole time, and that’s exactly what happened. We didn’t cut our cake or do our joint parent dances until hours after I said we would because we could not stop dancing. He was cool with this too – he just kept playing and trusted us that we would tell him if we needed him to do anything specific. He was also one of the best dressed men at the party – professional, but played N’Sync whenever I asked him to at the same time. It was our best night ever, and we owe so much of that to him.

I am an event planner for a living, which makes me want to recommend him even more. I of course recommend him as THE DJ for your wedding, if you are looking, but he is also the best DJ I have ever worked with for corporate and social events as well. His ability to read a crowd, his high level of professionalism, and his genuine care for you set him apart from the competition.

Sent on 06/23/2015

Austin · Married on 10/04/2014

We hired Daveii "Dave" Jones for our wedding in Cambridge, MA and I was very happy with every aspect of his work. Throughout the entire process, Dave was the consummate DJ: he was professional, timely and all around fantastic. Even before we had hired Dave, he was flexible in arranging to meet with us and more than ready to provide demonstrations of his work (he invited us to see him perform at a local venue.) During the planning process, he made every step painless. It was clear he understood our goals and was very much willing to accommodate our requests. Most importantly, during the night of the event, he was all-around fantastic. He made no fuss, and was a fantastic DJ for the whole night: there was hardly a moment when people weren't on the dance floor. If I ever get married again, I'll make sure to look up Dave again!

Sent on 07/06/2015

First of all, Davey was so easy to work with and professional throughout the whole process. He met with us two times to discuss the details and offer suggestions based on his experience. Not only was he great to work with during these meetings -- knowing exactly what we should talk about and taking detailed notes -- but he was also really excited about DJing our wedding so that made it really fun to work with him. Leading up to the date, Davey was very responsive to all our emails and last minute changes even though he, himself was in the process of getting married and going on his honeymoon. He also mixed our first dance song for us which was a combination of several songs and it turned out really well.

On the day of the wedding, we didn't have to worry about a thing. Davey was set up well before our ceremony even started. We had some odd requests during the night like a dance party before dinner even started and a first dance when the night was already well underway. Davey did a perfect job with all of these requests. After we were announced, he played the perfect songs to get people dancing for about 10 minutes, then slowed it down for people to eat. During dinner he played the exact music we wanted -- Frank Sinatra and Jazz. One of my friends said her back was to the DJ and she felt "just like a awesome classy band was playing behind her" which was exactly the feeling we were going for.

That brings me to the rest of the night. I have never been to a wedding where MOST of the guests were on the dance floor the entire time and I can't tell you how happy I am that my wedding was just that wedding! Every song that came on was right on target and people I didn't even expect to see dancing were excited about every single one. There was a good balance between current hits and classic hits and it was the best dance party I've ever been too. Since the wedding, so many guests have commented to us how great the DJ was and we feel exactly the same way.

Sent on 06/23/2015
  • Christin

Christin · Married on 09/02/2012

Daevii was a fantastic DJ for our wedding! To this day our guests are honestly still talking about how the dance floor was packed the whole night! Prior to the wedding we had seen Daevii DJ at a local spot in our area and new he would be a great fit for our wedding. Before the event he talked with us about what we were looking for as far as style and music tastes, what we needed MC wise too. He really understood what we wanted and certainly delivered. If we had a chance to go back and do our wedding again I would 100% choose Daevii.

Sent on 06/25/2015