Borrow My Vintage Reviews

11 Reviews for Borrow My Vintage

• Morgan

Morgan B. · Getting married on 05/10/2021

Stunning decor!

Macy at Borrow My Vintage was very sweet and super easy to communicate with. We rented from her on two different occasions. My mother in law rented an adorable blue couch from her for our couples shower and than I also rented multiples pieces for our wedding day. Macy was super easy to work with and everything went smoothy and turned out exactly how I thought it would. Stunning and vintage decor! Loved it! I would definitely recommend Borrow My Vintage to anyone who is having an event and looking for really cool vintage decor!!

Sent on 10/26/2020
  • Joel

Sarah · Married on 11/21/2020

A Company that Truly Cares

We were a little slow to rent from Borrow My Vintage (BMV). Everything was gorgeous and we found the perfect set that would be on-theme with our wedding, but our engagement was short and the budget was tight. We felt that a lot of the rentals were luxuries rather than necessities, and we struggled to commit. Macy worked with us to answer our questions (she responded promptly every time I reached out), and she was patient with us through our indecisiveness. Finally, we decided to rent from BMV--the rentals were just too beautiful to pass up and I couldn't imagine not having them for our guests to enjoy and for us to take some fun photos.

Then, five days before our wedding, the governor issued a new proclamation that limited our number of guests to 15. We decided to cancel our rentals with BMV. But, Macy strongly felt that we should still be able to have the couch (Scarlet) for our rentals. She arranged with our wedding planner (Denise from Gems and Joy) to have it delivered to our photo location. When I saw it, I was beyond ecstatic!

That Macy would care so much to bless us with this gift when our wedding plans felt like they were crumbling before our eyes, spoke volumes to us about Macy and her business! We would strongly recommend BMV to anyone--on top of being a business with gorgeous rentals, it's a business full of people that truly care about their clients.

*Photos were taken by Summer Ropp with Summer Alisabeth Photography.

*Also, the wedding date is incorrect--we got married in November of 2020.

Sent on 12/02/2020

Borrow My Vintage's reply:

Thank you Sarah + Joel! This review brought some tears and was so needed after this year. You are the reason we do what we do and I couldn't be happier we were able to do something for your big day! No matter how small it was!

Shiloh · Married on 09/19/2020

So amazing!!

Macy is awesome! Her stuff too

Sent on 09/30/2020
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 09/06/2020

Brought Bride to Tears on Her Wedding Day....Happy Tears

Borrow My Vintage is everything and more. Macy and her team do amazing things for anyone who use them. I first stumbled upon Borrow My Vintage from an Instagram post and saw all of the amazing work she had done and all of her beautiful inventory. I would message her and tell how in love I was with of her inventory and would love to have it all for my dream wedding. Well when the time came to plan my wedding, I knew one vendor I had to use and that was Borrowed My Vintage. I reached out to Macy inquiring about Scarlett, a velvet burgundy couch that I had to rent. Macy was wonderful to work with and made the rental process stress free, especially when it came to the day of the wedding. When I told my husband about wanting to work with BMV his first question was who is going to pick it up and drop it off. BMV offers a delivery and pick-up service (at an extra cost) and man was it worth it, not having to have to worry about how we were going to transport the couch was such a weight off our shoulders . When Macy asked me if I had any particular place our venue, I would like them put Scarlett, I explained my vision and lucky for us Macy had worked with our venue a handful of times and knew the perfect place. When I walked out the place the couch was placed, tears came to my eyes. It was exactly what I envisioned on my wedding day. I also sent my photographer a picture of Scarlett telling her that we had to incorporate using her in our photos. My photographer was so excited to use Scarlett for our wedding photos. Everyone from our bridal party to our wedding guests loved that we had Scarlett there to use to take photos on but also to sit and enjoy the night. Borrow My Vintage is an amazing company and fantastic to work with!!

Sent on 10/23/2019

Borrow My Vintage's reply:

Well okay, Lauren! Making me cry!
    I am SO happy we were able to make that image in your head come to life! I love that picture!
  • Courtney

Courtney B. · Married on 08/22/2020

Best decision ever!

I hired Borrow My Vintage for the decor at my wedding. I met with Macy early on to discuss my wedding vision. Our first meeting was relaxed and she reassured me that everything was going to work out (covid and all!). I really appreciated her friendly, calm attitude. But, don't think this means that she is so laid back that she isn't on top of things! Macy got back to the 4 million emails I sent within a day and sometimes hours. As the day got closer we were texting constantly. She always had an answer or an idea to help with my wedding planning.
    The weekend of the wedding she showed up on time to decorate. She took the candelabras for some of my centerpieces to my florist so that they could put greenery on them. She worked together with my florist to complete the decor and I did not have to worry about a single thing.
    For those looking at the price and thinking that it isn't worth it to you to spend a lot of money on a decorator: YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT. Macy was worth every dime I spent. I didn't want to have to spend hours prepping centerpieces. I didn't want to have to worry about spending hours setting up for the wedding. A bride should get to enjoy her wedding weekend! I was SO GRATEFUL that I did not have to mess with setting up thirty some centerpieces, guest book table, memory table, head table, Covid table (masks anyone?), and all the other cute little touches she added.
    I looked out on our big day and just gushed with how great our decor looked. We had SO many compliments! We had a lounge set up in the corner that my guests enjoyed taking pictures at. We had candles on candles on candles on these elaborate beautiful candelabras. It was exactly the Victorian feel I was going for. But if Victorian isn't your style, Macy has something to fit many different styles.
    If you are thinking of hiring a decorator for your wedding, I highly suggest checking out Borrow My Vintage. Set up a meeting and check out her numerous vintage furniture pieces! When I brought my husband in for one of our meetings he fell in love with it all! You won't regret it!

Sent on 09/24/2020

Adrian T. · Married on 03/10/2020

Best option!

I was so overwhelmed with decorating my rather large venue until I found Borrow My Vintage! Macy has the best selection of rentable decor to browse from. She really lets you take your time to browse her huge warehouse and was also on hand to provide some decor tips from past weddings, including her own, which in the end helped me make some final decisions on other vendors like flowers. I can't image purchasing decor for hundreds or thousands of dollars and then having to resell it like I see so many brides do - renting is the easiest and most affordable way to go!

Sent on 10/26/2020

Borrow My Vintage's reply:

Thank you!! We had a blast at your wedding!
    Loved all the different pieces you picked. Thank you for choosing BMV!

Andrea H. · Married on 12/10/2019

Gorgeous Travel Wedding

Macy and the Borrow My Vintage team were the best decision I made in wedding planning. She asked several questions to understand my vision, then took and and made it even better. She was efficient and effective at communicating, and really reduced my stress about the decor for the wedding and reception. We got so many compliments about the decorations. She was so easy to work with, and truly made my wedding the perfect day. I can't say "thank you" enough to BMV!

Sent on 10/25/2019

Borrow My Vintage's reply:

You guys rock! Thanks for letting me have full creative control! Loved that day and doing something different with the vintage travel theme!
  • W

Whitney H. · Married on 07/05/2019

Our dream wedding was able to come to life with the help of BMV

We used Borrow My Vintage to help decorate our wedding this past July. Macy Krall was amazing to work with as she helped make my wedding visions come alive. She did such a fabulous job organizing our layout and recommending different table decoration assortments. Her inventory suits all different styles and can make any wedding idea possible. Macy Krall was very responsive to my questions and needs throughout the wedding process. We couldn't recommend Borrow My Vintage enough for those looking to have a beautiful wedding!!

Sent on 10/19/2019

Borrow My Vintage's reply:

Thanks babe! You were the best to work with! Thank you for allowing BMV at your event and letting us help plan!

Kristen · Married on 09/09/2018

Macy was wonderful!

We had a “pop-up” wedding through Borrow My Vintage September of 2018, everything was planned by Macy and she used some of her vintage items for decoration. Everything was so wonderful. Macy was easy to get ahold of and accommodating. Her furniture is gorgeous. My husband says all the time that he wouldn’t change a thing about our wedding day. We were so thankful to have had this service and can’t say enough good things!!

Sent on 10/23/2019

Cassandra · Married on 10/10/2015

A great Iowa City company for fun and quirky event rentals! She has the coolest stuff! This business is super easy to work with and incredibly affordable! We rented wine glasses, mercury votives, and other misc. decor from her and DEFINITELY will be renting next time we have a party.

Sent on 10/25/2015

Emma H.

Extremely respected company

I have so much respect built up for this company. We have worked with them many times. They have never let us down. They take our visions seriously and have an eye that capitalizes on what visions it is we want to bring to life.

Sent on 10/19/2019

Thank you Emma!
    I cannot wait for the next event with you! Ready to take it to the next level! Camp Climb rocks!