26 Reviews for Bonnie & Lauren

Digital Files (6)
High-Res Images (4)
Negatives (1)
26 Bonnie & Lauren Reviews

We cannot rave about Bonnie & Lauren enough! Their photography is absolutely flawless and they tell the story of the day, capturing so much detail that you can relive it over and over. One thing everyone told me when planning our wedding was to not skimp on photography - and that was the best advice! We had Bonnie shoot our engagements and got to know each other, and we fell in love with both her and the photos! And we were blown away even further by our wedding photography. We lucked out by having both Bonnie and Lauren photographing the entire day, and not only did they do gorgeous work, but they made sure everyone had a blast while doing it! Their creative, quirky, fun-loving personalities help everyone to relax, allowing them to capture amazing, candid moments. We are in absolute awe of the final results - the photos are more than we could have dreamed. THANK YOU to Bonnie & Lauren! If you are searching for amazing photography, these gals are worth their weight in gold.

Profile Picture Nikki, 3/17/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Bonnie and Lauren did a phenomenal job photographing our wedding at Prospect House in Dripping Springs, Texas this January. The final photos were incredible, and we've received rave reviews on them. They did an especially fantastic job at capturing candid emotion on our faces as well as our guests. The planning, day of, and post-event communication has been easy as well. Most of all though, we're thrilled with the quality of the work, which is why we booked them in the first place. Highly recommended.

Profile Picture Emily, 1/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I honestly do not normally give 5 stars to people but Bonnie and Lauren are truly exceptional. Everyone at the wedding were asking for their contact info and commenting on how they have never seen such hard working photographers ever. I also especially like the respect these two girls have on their assistant photographer. Most photographers I chatted with never praised their assistant's work in fear of stealing business, but not from Bonnie and Lauren.

I love each and every single picture. Stress free engagement and the best decision I made! Thank you lovely ladies.

Profile Picture Stephanie , 1/13/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

This review is LONG overdue. Bonnie and Lauren photographed my May wedding... there are not enough words in this box to explain how FANTASTIC these ladies are at their profession. B&L are true professionals; they bring an air of sophistication and make even the camera shy feel comfortable in front of their lense.

Let me preface this by saying my Husband and I had chosen a different photographer (that will rename nameless) and he was NOT good. So much so that we broke our contract with him. Needless to say, I was a stressed bride with no photographer for my big day.

Luckily, my fabulous wedding planner (Joan Glenn; 6 Degrees of Celebration) connected me with the amazing Bonnie. Bonnie knew our prior experience and offered to FaceTime with us to introduce herself, get to know us better and explain her creative process before we made a decision.

I had numerous guests after my wedding comment on how comfortable and fabulous these ladies made them feel - not to mention the photos we received back were breathtaking.

THANK YOU Bonnie and Lauren for allowing me to relive this day through all of your captured moments. Xx

Profile Picture Lauren , 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Bonnie and Lauren shot our wedding in Washington DC and we feel so lucky that they were a part of our day. We both felt so comfortable with them from the get-go and at no point did we feel as though they were intruding into our space. They moved efficiently through family shots (which involved 6 little kids!) but nothing felt rushed. The variety of posed/portrait shots that they captured was excellent and we were very impressed with the action shots from the party. One of our favorite aspects was the magazine that we got at the end, which feels both classic and modern and totally approachable (not a $$$ album that will sit on a shelf because people are too afraid to touch it!). Picking a photographer was one of the toughest decisions of wedding planning and we are thrilled that we had Bonnie & Lauren with us.

Profile Picture Flannery, 4/8/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files

I spent hours searching for my perfect photographer; I knew I wanted someone with a unique yet timeless style. A lot of wedding photography right now is very light and white heavy, and its beautiful, but I wanted something with a slightly different look. I love that Bonnie & Lauren aren't afraid of shadows and true blacks to give their images grit and dimension. It's really refreshing when hunting through scores of photographers whose portfolios all kind of blend together. Bonnie & Lauren really stand out with their classic, beautiful style.

When it came to communication, Bonnie was excellent. From our initial phone call, I felt that she understood what I was looking for. She made me feel at ease, and I felt like I was talking to a friend. When we had our 1-week-to-go chat, I was really stressed out about our budget. I had booked 8 hours with B&L about 9 months before the wedding, but realized when we talked that I wanted her to be there for 2-ish more hours than originally booked. This was going to be a decent chunk of (extra) change that I hadn't budgeted for, and Bonnie could tell that I was freaking out. She was genuinely concerned about making sure I was satisfied, and worked with me to customize my original package to meet my needs (reducing down to one photographer for the majority of the day in order to extend the hours without adding to my price). I really appreciated her flexibility, just a week before the wedding, too!

On our wedding day, Bonnie was inconspicuous. Looking at our images now, I have no idea how she caught so much because I barely saw her! We treasure our photos from B&L, and know that B&L were worth EVERY PENNY!!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 12/9/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images

We couldn't have been happier with Bonnie and Lauren. They went above and beyond making our engagement photos easy (both of us were a little nervous having never done this before), and capturing the joy of our wedding weekend. They were both extremely easy to work with and so accommodating. Not only that, but their photos captured the laid back, elegant vibe that we were going for. They shot in very difficult circumstances: the church had strict rules about where photographers were allowed, and on our first-look photos were outside (in the wind and rain) on the grounds of the estate where the rehearsal dinner was held. Yet those photos are not only my favorite from the 3-day shoot, but also some of my favorite memories from the weekend. I would hire Bonnie and Lauren again in a second!!

Profile Picture Rachel, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Services Used: High-Res Images, Digital Files

Lauren photographed our wedding in September in Vermont and was an absolute pleasure to work with! She comes without her own agenda and really picks up on beautiful, candid moments as a result. This all came through in her initial wedding picture previews. She was also very flexible - we were running a bit late for our rehearsal dinner pictures and she handled that very professionally. She even stayed a bit later to make up for that. In addition to being very talented and professional, she is so passionate about her work. The fun she was having taking pictures during all our wedding events contributed to a great wedding atmosphere. She fit right into our special event!

Profile Picture Jillian, 9/17/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images

My husband and I cried when we first saw the previews. Bonnie & Lauren don't just take pictures. They capture the most pure, amazing moments. Looking at our photo gallery allows us to relive the wedding day. Bonnie & Lauren are so creative and have such an eye for snapping all the great little moments happening around them. They work so well as a team covering all angles and making sure no aspect of the wedding is missed.

Bonnie & Lauren brought so much fun and energy to our event. We loved having them there, and working with them was the best experience.

Profile Picture Alissa, 6/4/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Lauren and Bonnie are fabulous. The photos they took of my daughters wedding are truly beautiful and artistic. Not just the same old photos one sees over and over again. They captured the day in such a unique and special way. I am so happy we discovered L & B because I can't imagine a better way to remember this lovely, bucolic and elegant day.

Profile Picture Kathleen, 4/9/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files

Lauren photographed our retro-themed wedding in October 2015 at the Foundry in Long Island City, and we couldn't be happier with her work. She's an extremely talented photographer and an absolute pleasure to work with. We knew that we wanted mostly candid photos, and after reviewing B&L's site, fell in love with their work. We opted for their one of us package with both digital and analogue photography. On the day of, Lauren made us feel at ease. Most of the time we didn't even notice she was there. She captured our special day with style and creativity. Several days after the wedding Lauren sent us a gallery of about 30 previews, which was awesome to have so soon after the event. She even sent us our complete collection of photos early so we could use them as Christmas gifts. We can't recommend them highly enough!

Profile Picture Cassie, 10/17/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, Negatives, High-Res Images

Bonnie shot my wedding at Green Pastures on June 14, 2015 and I'm so glad that I chose her to be my photographer!
She was very professional but also super friendly. She knows what she's doing and has the confidence to capture the moments well, but also is flexible if you have things that you want her to do. I would definitely recommend Bonnie and Lauren to anyone who wants a great photographer.

Profile Picture Bethany, 6/14/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

I am a Manhattan-based event planner who works with many of the most sought-after photographers, so I knew exactly what I wanted for my own wedding. Bonnie & Lauren came recommended from another photographer, and after a few emails and our first call with Lauren, we knew she was the right fit for our intimate NYC wedding. We didn’t want to spend too much time on formal shots and cared more about capturing the moments, having unique photos and remembering the details - Lauren and Mark delivered just that. They scouted nearby locations and found unconventional places for photos that fit our personalities and the vibe of the wedding, including the window of a coffee shop and a stairwell with hot pink lighting. They even found a perfect location where we had just the lights from the Empire State Building in the background (our friends referred to the photos as “epic”).

If you’re looking for photos with personality and to feel the emotion and excitement from the day, I highly recommend Bonnie & Lauren.

Profile Picture Hillary, 6/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Bonnie photographed our wedding out in Westlake Hills last April. Bonnie captured the magic of our day in the most fundamental way. Our photographs are so beautiful....we are moved each time we look at them. Bonnie knew exactly how and when to photograph us for the best light, and helped us corral all the stagglers together when needed. Her professionalism and experience were a huge support to us that day. Bonnie knows weddings. I'm pretty sure she even coached us during the cake cutting.

Bonnie is a super skilled photographer, with an incredible artistic eye. Our photos are alive with color and a unique sense of magic. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Bonnie. We love you.

Profile Picture Tifphanie, 4/26/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Bonnie Burke from Bonnie & Lauren was our photographer for our April 25th, 2015 wedding at the Umlauf Sculpture Gardens in Austin, TX. I cannot recommend Bonnie & Lauren enough. B&L are obviously amazingly talented photographers, just look at their portfolio. They are true artists. What I think makes them really unique is that above and beyond taking beautiful photographs, Bonnie & Lauren are great businesswomen and incredibly professional. They were so responsive to every email and call during the planning process. They even sent us a Christmas card to tell us how excited they were for our big day! They have a lot of experience so they know how get the shots they need amidst the chaos. Bonnie pulled us at just the right time to get beautiful shots during the golden hour. She also efficiently got family photos in of my big family including wriggly babies. Additionally, B&L were so quick to turn around our full collection (I've heard a lot of horror stories of waiting forever to get pictures). A few days after the wedding, they sent us about 15-20 amazing preview shots for us to enjoy, and then told us a specific date about 8 weeks out as to when we could expect our full collection. True to their word, we got the link to our collection that day. A few days later, we received an adorable package with our photos on a thumb drive, some candy, and a handwritten note. From the first email to receiving our collection, we had a wonderful experience with Bonnie & Lauren!

Profile Picture Andrea, 4/25/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Bonnie and Lauren shot our wedding this past fall in Asheville, NC. After an extensive search for wedding photographers, we felt certain that we had finally found the ones—and we were right! They were beyond amazing. From the beginning Bonnie and Lauren wanted to know about our vision and our expectations and were genuinely interested in our story. We were also grateful for their organization and extensive experience because it helped us feel confident and relaxed that things would go smoothly on our wedding day. We never felt uncomfortable when they were photographing us, most of the time we didn’t even know here was a camera nearby and they didn’t miss a single moment. Their kind and loving spirit blended in perfectly with our family and friends and was evident in each of the spectacular images they captured. How awesome it was to see the most special night of our lives through their eyes. We had an unbelievable love-filled day, and because of Bonnie and Lauren, we are able to revisit the magic again and again with laughter, joyful tears, and gratitude. We still get butterflies when we look through our album. Thank you Bonnie and Lauren for sharing your talent, your hearts, and your love. You are truly a gift!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 9/26/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

I used Bonnie & Lauren for my 1920's wedding. They were professional, creative, and went above & beyond to capture the perfect shots. If you are looking for photographers who will capture the best day of your life uniquely, and not with just the cliche wedding set ups, look no further! I would highly recommend working with them!!

Profile Picture jessica, 9/13/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Lauren did a great job photographing our September 2014 wedding. She was never obtrusive and took some wonderful candid shots when we didn't even know she was there. She was even able to persuade our band leader to let us take some photographs on their tour bus.

Profile Picture Elissa, 9/6/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

It was love at first sight for me when I stumbled upon Bonnie & Lauren’s site. The composition, color, and detail were all stunning and they were able to so convey so much emotion and story in each photo. I felt like I was in the moment with these people I had never met. It was exactly what I was looking for.

Then we met them...two truly genuine and awesome people who felt like old friends immediately. They are definitely pros who helped guide us along the process, made sure we kept on schedule during the day, and were like ninjas on the day of (getting so many photos but never being seen).

When we got our photos, we were blown away. It was our story, our moments, and they were captured perfectly. I can’t recommend these talented ladies enough.

Profile Picture Lydia, 9/6/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

From the first time my fiancee and I met Bonnie & Lauren for coffee, I knew these were the ones who would shoot our wedding. We met with a few other photographers but no one else was as lovely, genuine, and most importantly, professional. They were in touch before the wedding to make sure we had a game plan, but they did not go overboard with questions, the way I have learned many vendors will do! On the wedding day, they amazed us with how many pictures they took, and how little we saw them! They must be ninjas at hiding behind bushes with those cameras or something. It's definitely a comfort on your wedding day not to have a camera in your face the whole time. They were also so sweet about gently nudging guests with iphone cameras out of the way to get good professional shots. The pictures themselves were all completely stunning. I love how both Bonnie & Lauren have different styles, and it shines through in their photographs. Some of them really look like they belong in the NY Times Living section rather than a girlie Pinterest board. The best surprise was seeing how many great candid shots they got of our guests, especially in those moments we weren't there to see. Can't recommend these great girls enough!

Profile Picture lauren, 6/21/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Bonnie and Lauren are incredible! They shot our wedding at the Brooklyn Winery. They have so much talent and are so much fun to be around. We also had them shoot our engagement photos. They catch the best shots! We are so lucky to have met them, and even luckier to have had them capture our special day. We cherish their photos.

Profile Picture User4768714, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Bonnie and Lauren are simply the best. They made me and my husband so comfortable on our wedding day and the photos were AMAZING. The whole day went by so quickly, so it's a real joy to have such gorgeous photos to remind us of our wedding day. And the photos are different than your standard shots, which makes it really feel like a unique event. Can't say enough good things about these great gals.

Profile Picture Emily, 3/22/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

My wife and I hired Bonnie and Lauren for our wedding in November 2013 based on the enthusiastic recommendation of a friend. We could not be more pleased with the entire process and the results. They were very easy to work with and gave us clear expectations on how everything would proceed during the day.

Most importantly, the results were just fantastic. They made us feel at ease so we didn't feel so artificially "posed." They took great advantage of the wedding venue to capture all sorts of interesting images. Our friends and family look great and look like they were having a great time in the pictures (we hope they actually were!).

Recommended with great enthusiasm.

Profile Picture Mark, 11/10/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Bonnie and Lauren photographed our wedding in New York City in 2013 and we couldn’t have been more thrilled with them as photographers – and as friends. Their professionalism was outstanding and the genuineness with which they approach their work sets them and their photos above the rest. Bonnie and Lauren blended seamlessly into the (hectic) schedule for the day, putting even the most camera shy guests and ease. They truly capture the moments and produce timeless photos. If not obvious already, I cannot recommend this duo enough!

Profile Picture Lina , 9/20/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Bonnie and Lauren were excellent photographers and even more so, an essential part of our wedding planning. Their work was perfect and they were perfectly professional, but they were more than just photographers. They were happy to weigh in on my day-of schedule, and gave many tips to wrangle my family as necessary. I can't imagine our wedding would have been as successful without them.

Profile Picture Catherine, 9/14/13, 3 Reviews